Ask Admin

sani52

Post by sani52 »

curious2 wrote:Is there a question section on admins and moderators of this board? I would like to see all the questions answered there.
:D
farishfar

difiiculty in accesing info

Post by farishfar »

why does a pop up window of sun.ismaili.net ask me for a id and password when i want some critical info? it does not accept my id and password of ismaili.net
Admin

Re: difiiculty in accesing info

Post by Admin »

farishfar wrote:why does a pop up window of sun.ismaili.net ask me for a id and password when i want some critical info? it does not accept my id and password of ismaili.net
As you can read in the bottom of the main page, whatever is related to Prayers and religious Education is protected by a seperate password that you have to ask by email to heritage@ismaili.net

Admin
Nishams

SAWARI or whomever

Post by Nishams »

Can some please ban this person from the site. he is BASHING OUR COMMUNITY, FAITH AND EVERYTHING ELSE. :twisted: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Admin

Re: SAWARI or whomever

Post by Admin »

Nishams wrote:Can some please ban this person from the site. he is BASHING OUR COMMUNITY, FAITH AND EVERYTHING ELSE. :twisted: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Done but expect him to come back regularly up to the end of Jubilee. He is well known to us. He is know to have major psychological problems. You can see it from his posting. Just be patient, pray for him.
From_Alamut

NEW UPDATE REQUIRE

Post by From_Alamut »

Admin brother please update this website (www.Ismaili.net).... It is very old since long time ago... I would like to see a new style in this website, new style background and texts. Also, I would like you to ban those who get into the "Forums" without logging. I mean one to view the "Form" is to first log. It is better that we protect this website and the Forums..

If you do not like my idea Admin brother, then do not pay attention to my comment.

Kindest Regard.
Admin

Post by Admin »

You can visit the new Heritage Web site, there is a link from the main page.

http://ismaili.net/heritage/home
amin.jiva

query

Post by amin.jiva »

my pasword is not working, like I am login in, but cant go through, in khojki my pasword is not working
Admin

Post by Admin »

We have not yet activated the chat. It wil be activated on the new web site once all users are transferred. Your nick name will always show but your real name will never show :-)
agakhani

Question

Post by agakhani »

Admin,
I just find out that Ismaili.net has lots of Waez of Alwaezins which I was loooking for a long time specially Rai Abu Ali's waez, I always visit Ismaili.net during my work time and I have some non Ismaili co-worker work with me so I can not listen this waez during this time. My question is can I download it and burn in CD? if I can will you please guide me so I can burn cd and listen in my car or my home.
Ashraf Agakhani
agakhani_786@yahoo.com
Admin

Post by Admin »

sure you can download them, these are mp3 files, ust click right and choose save on disk
agakhani

Post by agakhani »

Admin-umed,
I wrote some poems during" Goldne Jubilee celebration year" in English, Gujarati and Urdu. I like all the Ismaili.net user read it, How I can send it to you?
Admin

Post by Admin »

agakhani wrote:Admin-umed,
I wrote some poems during" Goldne Jubilee celebration year" in English, Gujarati and Urdu. I like all the Ismaili.net user read it, How I can send it to you?
You can send to heritage@ismaili.net by email as attachment, we will add to the new Heritage site but it will take some time...
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

Could you move the thread:

Places --> FIRST UK ISLAMIC BANK OPENS ITS DOORS

to Current Issues --> Islamic Banking

It would be more visible there.

Thanks
Admin

Post by Admin »

Ok will do in few minutes

Admin
agakhani

Map of the countries?

Post by agakhani »

Admin,
I am looking a map of the lands/countries where our Imams were ruled as a calips/emperor?Is there any thread in Ismaili.net where I can find such kind map? I mean map not the history book,not the informations or articles but MAP.
Admin

Post by Admin »

There is a map of which I have seen a copy few years back but it is not in Heritage. There is a mural version in the Kuzei JK, Mombasa, if I go there, I will take a picture and put it on Heritage or if there is any member going to Kuzei JK, please take a digital pic and send to us.

Admin
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

What happened to the thread on QURAN-E_SHERIFF which I do not see today in the Doctrines section? Has it been deleted by mistake?
Admin

Post by Admin »

It looks like it has been deleted by mistake like it has happened in the past with a popular section on Imamat also. I will see if it has been moved to another section maybe by mistake but it does not look like because a search on the word does not give any link.

Admin
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

Admin wrote:It looks like it has been deleted by mistake like it has happened in the past with a popular section on Imamat also. I will see if it has been moved to another section maybe by mistake but it does not look like because a search on the word does not give any link.

Admin
It was there this morning and I made a post in it. It was deleted today. If there is anyway to get a backup copy from yesterday, that might help.....
TheMaw

Post by TheMaw »

GMR wrote:I fully agree with brother Alamut and TheMaw.
If you agree with me, I said to discuss it in a thread on the issue of homosexuality and not in this section, which is reserved for Forum Rules. So go there pls.
Admin

Post by Admin »

kmaherali wrote:It was there this morning and I made a post in it. It was deleted today. If there is anyway to get a backup copy from yesterday, that might help.....
Sorry we can put the backup only if something drastic happens because in a day a lot of info is posted in various sections by various volunteers [not only in Forum] and we will have difficulty getting a list of everything posted as the backup will erase the new postings though bringing back the lost ones. Also the procedure is cumbersome unfortunately. We also depend for this of people who give few hours now and then as we do not have [normally we do not need] regular full time staff.

I think at some point we have to rebuild with new discussion the 2 or 3 interesting sections that have been lost in the past.

Admin
agakhani

my opinion deleted?

Post by agakhani »

I put my opinion yesterday, it was there for a while but today it was deleted for some reason. I am pretty sure that there was no offensive or bad language. whatever I wrote was as per the Ginan .Can I know the reason of deletion?
It was in Doctorine topic and about 9the Budh Avatar.
Admin

Post by Admin »

There are several moderator to this forum and we delete more then 20 posts a day. It is left to the judgment of the moderators. Usually any message in the wrong thread, or offensive, or possibly creating controversies is deleted. If you have a reason to believe the post was deleted without reason, send it to heritage@ismaili.net and someone different will look at it and decide or reply to your specifics.

We feel the organization and policy are not perfect nor are the moderators but it has prove to be a good one as this forum has survived for so many years.

Admin
agakhani

what is A.S. standing for?

Post by agakhani »

Why we put A.S. after any Imam's name? for example Hazarat Ali A.S.
What is A.S. standing for?
Admin

Re: what is A.S. standing for?

Post by Admin »

agakhani wrote:Why we put A.S. after any Imam's name? for example Hazarat Ali A.S.
What is A.S. standing for?
This is in the wrong thread. Ask questions about this topic in the appropriate ceremonies or traditions sections.
Saima

Post by Saima »

Is it possible for you to create a "Report Spam" link on the forums? This way, if there is something inappropriate in the forum, we can report it and then you or the moderator can review/remove it.
sheza

ban copy/pastes

Post by sheza »

may i humbly request that you encourage posters to use links rather than copy paste the whole articles that they find online. This is the norm, and saves from alot of scrolling and cluttering.
haroon_adel

Re: ban copy/pastes

Post by haroon_adel »

Admin:

It goes without saying that you have been doing a tremindouse job in maintaining this site. I just had an idea:

Whatif the color of the border of the page(s) should be changed from RED+BLUE to RED+GREEN. That could symbolize the color of our flag?

It's just an idea and don't have to agree with me.

Thanks and keep up the good work.

Haroon.
scorpion2009

Post by scorpion2009 »

<P>ya ali madad</P><P>My name is mohammad dabbo from syria </P><P>I am a dentist</P><P>i would like to talk with the responisible for this great jop all my respect to him</P><P>if i want to talk tohim about an arabic forum for ismailii</P><P>and this idea to collect all of us under o&shy;ne site</P><P>please let me talk to you to discuss my idea well </P><P>my email is </P><P>m.dabbo@hotmail.com</P><P>looking forward to hearing from you </P><P>your brother mohammad dabbo</P>