Vancouver visit June 2005

Share small ismaili stories
Admin

Post by Admin »

Received from a member, to be posted without his name.

I thought I would share this with you...

On the day previous to the deedar, there was a non-ismaili working outside of the Pan Pacific hotel, and she saw Hazar Imam walk outside from the front entrance... She is a regular customer of my uncle at his pharmacy, and she told him (my uncle, on the Saturday after the deedar) that when she saw him (Hazar Imam) walk forward, she felt as it was Moses walking and parting the Red Sea...
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

This is what the Mukhi of Lions Gate JK said in his speech on Sunday.

When HazarImam arrived in Vancouver, he was told that the Jamat is anxiously awaiting his Deedar. MHI put his hand on his chest and said that he was too!
unnalhaq

Post by unnalhaq »

kmaherali wrote:This is what the Mukhi of Lions Gate JK said in his speech on Sunday.

When HazarImam arrived in Vancouver, he was told that the Jamat is anxiously awaiting his Deedar. MHI put his hand on his chest and said that he was too!
Even after Imam left the Deedar Hall He asked the Mukhi if the Jamet was happy with the Deedar? And of Course Mukhi said to the Imam. This is something Mukhi came back to the mic after the Deedar and announcing it to that Jamet. I think Imam asking the Mukhi says a lot about how happy and concerned Imam was for the Jamet gathered in Vancouver in comparison to Toronto.
skmamdani

Significance of the stage during the toronto didar

Post by skmamdani »

<P dir=ltr style="MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px" align=left>i thought that this was really awsome that even though the stage was simple in the toronto didar it had a lot of symbolism in it. this is the email that i got that explained it<BR><BR><STRONG><FONT color=crimson>&nbsp;was quite enlightened at the beautiful stage which was constructed in Toronto at the National Trade Centre.&nbsp;&nbsp;I wanted to share some thoughts which were collectively gathered and shared with me.<BR>><BR>>The Stage Layout Design was approved by Aiglemont prior to Hazar Imam's Visit.&nbsp;&nbsp;Here below is a jist of the symbolic nature behind the actual Stage.<BR>><BR>>1.&nbsp;&nbsp;The stage itself was 5 sided with stairs surrounding - this denoting "Panj Tan Pak" (The 5 Pillars of Islam)<BR>><BR>>2.&nbsp;&nbsp;There were 9 Steps leading to the top of the steps with the 10th Step being the platform - This denoting "Hazar Imam as the 10th Step to Heaven"<BR>><BR>>3.&nbsp;&nbsp;There were 2 panels o&shy;n either side of the Center Taj which comprised of 24 Pentagon Shaped (5 sided) tablets - 24 Tablets o&shy;n either side (24+24=48) and the Imam as the 49th sitting in the Middle<BR>><BR>>4.&nbsp;&nbsp;On either side of the stage you may have noticed 2 beautiful gardens which symbolize "A Garden of Peace"<BR>><BR>>5.&nbsp;&nbsp;The Panels directly behind the Imam were drawn in a layered pattern denoting "There are more Imam's to come"<BR>><BR>>6.&nbsp;&nbsp;The Carpet being white which was chosen by MHI, denotes white as the Heaven and the Blue runners throughout the complex denoting water as The Imam is the o&shy;nly being who can walk o&shy;n water.<BR>><BR>>7.&nbsp;&nbsp;Directly above MHI's chair, the panels above were formed in the shape of 7 sides as was the entire banner which went around the hall wall, which also had a special 7 sided design denoting 7x7=49th Imam.<BR>><BR>>Above is o&shy;nly a jist of what was described, I am sure that there is more symbolic meaning to other parts of the stage, however, I wanted to share this much with you for now.&nbsp;&nbsp;In my opinion, this information should have been shared with the Jamat during the Intezaar period as many comments I heard were "why such a simple stage?", had the meaning been portrayed to the Jamat, I am sure that it would be more meaningful for all.</FONT></STRONG><BR></XBODY><BR>i was truly amazed byt this and wanted to share it with you all<BR></P><!-- toctype = X-unknown --><!-- toctype = text --><!-- text --><!-- toctype = message --><!-- toctype = X-unknown --><!-- toctype = text --><!-- text --><!-- END TOC -->
star_munir

Post by star_munir »

Its very interesting indeed.
Also re
:There were 9 Steps leading to the top of the steps with the 10th Step being the platform - This denoting "Hazar Imam as the 10th Step to Heaven
The Carpet being white which was chosen by MHI, denotes white as the Heaven and the Blue runners throughout the complex denoting water as The Imam is the o&shy;nly being who can walk o&shy;n
In my opinion 9 steps leading to the top of step being the platform can symbolise Das Avtaar and white colour may also symbolise Naklanki avtaar
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

star_munir wrote:In my opinion 9 steps leading to the top of step being the platform can symbolise Das Avtaar and white colour may also symbolise Naklanki avtaar
Excellent insight! And the blue would symbolize water - purifying ameeras, Ginans, wisdom. As a matter of fact MHI spoke extensively about the importance of knowledge in his Farmans made during the Padhramni.

Naklanki is derived from na (absence of) and klank(impurity). Hence Naklanki means pure and spotless.