Various Khutbah by Mowla Ali

Discussion on R&R from all regions
shivaathervedi

Various Khutbah by Mowla Ali

Post by shivaathervedi »

Sharing this Khutbah by Molwla Ali

Khutbah without Alif by Mowla Murtaza Ali:

One day, a heated discussion went on among the Arabs and Muslims during which it was said that there is no alphabet that recurs in speech more often than the "aleef" ("A"). All attendants agreed. It was then that the magnificent lantern of language, its deep ocean and precise philosopher, namely Imam Ali ibn Abu Talib, stood up and delivered a lengthy sermon which included praise of Allah Almighty, prayers and salutations unto His Prophet, Muhammed ibn Abdullah ibn Abdul-Muttalib (peace and blessings of Allah be with him and his progeny).

This letter of the Arabic alphabet is undoubtedly the most commonly occurring character in the language. If composing a few meaningful sentences without dots is hard enough, how about delivering a sermon, one which is full of wisdom and which is many times the size of the one you have just seen, but without ever using a single alif !!
This sermon is usually called AL KHUTBAH AL MUNIQAH and is recorded by many Muslim scholars.

Imam ‘Ali derived his vast knowledge and striking eloquence by virtue of his long and close association with the Prophet Muhammad. The Prophet, with Divine inspiration, was the source of all such knowledge and wisdom and a teacher par excellence for Imam Ali.

The statements of the entire sermon, from beginning to end, did not contain a single word having the "aleef" (mamdooda, elongated alpha) is as follows:

Translation:

I praise the One Whose boon is great, whose blessing overwhelms, whose mercy is faster than His anger, the One whose word is perfect, whose will is affected, whose argument (issue) is wise, whose case is just. I praise Him like one recognizing His Godhead, submissive while adoring Him, dissociating himself from his sin, recognizing His Unity, seeking refuge with Him against His warning, hopeful for the mercy (forgiveness) of his Lord that saves him [from the Fire] on a Day when everyone will be distracted even from his offspring and tribe. We seek His help, guidance and directions. We believe in Him and depend on Him. I have testified to Him as a sincere and convinced servant/slave; I recognize His Uniqueness as a pious believer, and I have recognized His Unity like a submissive servant/slave. He has no partner in His domain; He relies on none in doing whatever He does. He is exalted above having an adviser or a vizier. He is above using a model or an assistant or a helper or a peer. He knows, so He covers; He is acquainted with the innermost, so He is most familiar [with our intentions]. He cast a look, so He assisted; He owns everything, so He subdues. He is disobeyed, yet He forgives; He is adored, so He thanks. He rules, so He affects justice, and He is generous and grants favors. He shall never come to an end, and He has always been as He is; there is nothing like Him. He, first and foremost, is a unique Lord in His exaltation, able through His might, holy through His sublimity, proud of His Majesty; no (mental) vision can realize Him, nor can anyone ever see Him. He is strong, invincible, seeing, hearing, clement, wise, affectionate and kind. One who attempts to describe Him can never do so; one who attempts to describe His attributes can never do so [either]. His blessing reaches those who get to know Him: He is near, so He is far [above mental or physical vision]; He is far yet He is near [closer to us than anything else]. He responds to the call of those who call on Him; He sustains His servant and surrounds him with His love; His niceties are hidden [from our comprehension]; His power is mighty; His mercy is wide; His penalty is painful; His mercy is a broad and a Garden of grandeur (Paradise); His punishment is Hell filled with horrors and chains.

I have testified that He sent Muhammed as His servant and messenger, prophet, chosen one, loved one, friend, a link [with the Almighty] that grants him [Muhammed] fortune, bringing him closer to Him, elevating him, granting him nearness and closeness [to the Almighty]. He sent him during a good (opportune) period of time, when there was disbelief, as mercy for His servants and a boon for more. Through him He sealed His prophetic messages, strengthened (explained) His argument. So he admonished, advised, conveyed the message and worked hard [for people. He was, affectionate towards every believer, merciful, easy to please, the friend of anyone who is generous and pure: mercy, salutation, blessing and honor be with him from a forgiving, affectionate, kind, near, responsive and wise Lord.

I have admonished you, O folks who are present here with me, to be pious (as your Lord has admonished) towards your Lord, and I have reminded you of the Sunna of your Prophet; so, take to awe that calms your hearts, fear that draws your tears, piety that saves you on a Day which will puzzle your minds and put you to the test, a day in which one shall win if the weight of his good deeds is heavy while that of his sins is light. Let your plea be in humility and surrender, appreciation and submission, repentance and dissociation [from sin], regret and return [to righteousness]. Let everyone of you seize the opportunity when he is healthy before the time when he is sick, when he is young before he is aged, old and sick, [the opportunity] of his ease before he is poor, of having free time before he is busy, of being wealthy before being impoverished, of being present at home before he is away traveling, of being alive before his death. He shall grow old, become weak, aged, sick, ailing, so much so that even his doctor is fed-up with him, even those who love him turn away from him. His lifespan will have come to an end. His color of complexion is changed. His mental power is decreased, so it is said that he is ailing and his body is failing. He is having a hard time as he finds himself suffering from the throes of death: He is attended by those who are close and who are distant. He gazes his looks, yearns as he turns his eyes, his forehead sweating, his [physical] senses being snatched away from him [one by one]. His sighs are now silent, his soul has departed, so he is mourned by his wife. His grave is dug, his children are now orphans, those who were around him (his friends or foes) are now dispersed from around him. What he had accumulated (legacy) has now been divided [among heirs]. Gone now are his faculty of seeing and hearing; so he receives Talqeen; he is stretched [on the ground] and directed [towards the Qibla]. He is stripped of his clothes, bathed, in the nude, dried then directed [towards the Qibla]. Something has been spread on the floor for him as his shrouds are being prepared. His chin has been tied, his soul has already departed from his body and he has been bidden farewell by all. He is now shrouded, his head wrapped, so is his body, and he has been handed over [for burial]. He is carried in a wooden box (coffin); his funeral prayers have been performed with Takbir but without prostration or the rubbing of the forehead. He is taken away from a decorated abode [this life], from well built mansions and chambers topping each other, so he is now in an enclosure of a grave which is very narrow and separated from others; it is built with baked clay on top of each other and is sealed with a rock. Dust has been healed on him, so he now is sure about that of which he was warned; his chest is now heavy; he is now a thing of the past. His friends, chosen ones, companions, in-laws and close friends have all left him behind. His company and loved ones are now changed, for he is now nothing but the filling of a grave and the pawn of a waste: Worms crawl all over his body, his pus drips from his nostrils on his neck and chest. Soil crushes his flesh as his blood dries and bone decays. He remains in his grave till the Day when he is herded with others and is given a new life; so, he is taken out of his grave. His trumpet is blown, he is called on to gather with others and stand trial. Graves are scattered around, the innermost in the hearts are recorded and calculated. Every prophet, Siddiq, martyr, anyone who speaks is brought and made to stand for the final judgment of an Able God Who is fully knowledgeable of His servants, seeing [all what they do]. Countless exhalations engulf him, sighs fade him (distance him), in a horrific position and an awesome scene before a Great King Who knows about everything small and big. He is reined by his sweat, his worry crushing him, yet his tear has none to feel sorry for, his scream (defense) is not accepted. His record of deeds is brought, his innermost becomes visible, and every part of his body now speaks of his wrongdoings: His eyes testify about what he had seen, his hands about whom he beat, his legs about where he had gone, his skin about what he had contacted, his private parts about with whom he had had intercourse. He is threatened by Munkir and Nakir; and it is unveiled for him where he is heading; so his neck now is tied with chains and his hands are cuffed. He is taken alone, dragged and brought to Hell as he is in a great distress and hardship. He remains in the torment of hell given to drink of very hot pus that grills his face and separates his skin from his body. He is beaten by the torture angels of hell with iron clubs. His skin returns again and again anew after having been baked. He cries for help, yet even the angels in Hell turn away from him. He pleads for mercy, so he stays for a while regretful, yet he finds none to care about his regret. His regret will then be in vain.

We seek refuge with an Able Lord from the evil of any final end such as this, and we plead for forgiveness similar to that of one with whom He is pleased and for an overlooking similar to that of one whose good deeds He has accepted; for He is my Master, ultimate pursuit and the one Who grants success to what I seek. Surely one who is pushed away from the torment of his Lord shall reside in Paradise near to Him and remain forever in well built mansions, having huris with large lovely eyes and servants. He is given to drink of fresh cool water mixed with ginger and sealed with musk and fragrance that perpetuates happiness and provides the sense of pleasure. He drinks of wines in an orchard filled with all types of pleasures, wine that does not cause any headache to one who drinks it, and it never runs out; such is the ultimate end of one who fears his Lord, who is on guard about his sin, about the insinuations of his nafs (self), and that was the penalty of one who opposes the [sinless] way [in which] he was created, the one whose evil self decorates for him to do what is against his nature. Such is the final judgment and the ruling of One Who is just: He narrated parables, admonished through texts, revealed revelations from a Praiseworthy Wise One, revelations which He descended with a clear (able) Holy Spirit [arch-angel Gabriel] from a Glorious Lord unto a Prophet who is rightly guided and who guides others, one who shows others the right way, a mercy to the believers, clearly from a Great Lord, a master frequented by messengers (angels) who are honored and obedient [of their Lord].

I have sought refuge with a Lord Who is knowing, wise, able, merciful, from the evil of an enemy who is cursed and stoned; so, let everyone who pleads plead, and let everyone who seeks [favors of his Lord] seek and ask forgiveness of the Lord of lords for myself and for you all.

Having finished his miraculous sermon, the Imam recited this following verse of the Holy Qur'an: "We shall grant that (eternal) abode of the hereafter to those who intend neither high-handedness nor mischief on earth, and such end is (the best reward) for the righteous" (Qur'an, 28:83).
shivaathervedi

Post by shivaathervedi »

A KHUTBAH WITHOUT DOTS (NUQTA) BY MOWLA ALI:

The knowledge, wisdom and eloquence of Imam Ali bin Abi Talib is well known among Muslims of all schools of thought. One such example of his mastery over the Arabic language manifested itself in this extempore sermon which, in its written form, is devoid of any dots!!

This sermon appears to have been delivered by Imam Ali on the occasion of someone’s marriage (nikah).
·
Those who know Arabic or can at least read the Qur’anic script will appreciate that certain letters of the Arabic alphabet have dots associated with them. These letters are used all the time in Arabic speech and written texts. These are; BA, TA, THA, JA, KHA, ZA, SHA, DHA, FA, NA.

To create any written script of any meaningful nature, without using any of these letters, is a difficult task. To deliver such a sermon without prior preparation, as Imam Ali is known to have done with all his sermons, is truly amazing!

Following is a sermon by the Commander of the Faithful Imam Ali ibn Abu Talib all Arabic letters of which do not contain any dots at all:

English Translation :

Praise to Allah Who is the praiseworthy, the affectionate owner of everything, the One who forms everyone born, the ultimate end of everyone who is expelled, the One Who spreads out the earth, Who firms the mountains, Who sends out rain, who facilitates the attainment of goals, Who knows the secrets and realizes them, Who destroys the possessions and annihilates them, who folds out times and repeats them, who causes matters and is their source. His forgiveness covers all, His creation of the clouds is perfected: Rain showers succeed it. He prolongs pursuits and hopes, broadens sands and places them. I praise Him an extended praise, and I recognize His unity just as those who love Him the most recognize: He is Allah, there is no god for the nations besides Him, nor is there anyone to cause a defect to what he straightens and does. He sent Muhammed as a banner for Islam and an Imam for those who rule, a helper to the commoners and one who puts an end to the judgments of Wadd and Siwa' (idols). He knows and He informs, He rules and He perfects: He is the origin of origins. He [Muhammed] paves the path [to the Almighty] and emphasizes the Promised Day, warning about it. Allah has made honors to reach him, depositing in his soul Islam, blessing his honorable family and offspring so long as there is anything that shines like lightning, anyone who hurries his pace towards his pursuit, whenever a crescent appears and the announcement about it is made.

Do, may Allah look after you, righteous deeds, tread the paths of what is permissible, put what is prohibitive aside and abandon it, listen to the command of Allah and realize it, keep in touch with your kinsfolk and look after them, disobey your inclinations and curb them, give your daughters by way of marriage to the people of righteousness and piety, and stay away from the folks who sport and who covet, so your marriage ties will produce the most pure of freemen, the most eminent descent, those who will let you achieve your dreams. This should be before your eyes, your domain will thus be rightful, your brides honored, and let her [bride] dower be just as the Messenger of Allah had paid to Umm Salamah, while he is the most honored of all in-laws, the most kind of all sons, and he had whatever he wanted, though having it was not easy, nor did it worry him, nor did his epics ever diminish, nor was he ever stigmatized. I plead to Allah to grant you the most praiseworthy of connection with Him, the perpetuation of pleasing Him; may He inspire each of you about that which reforms your condition and prepares you for what you shall receive [in the Hereafter]. Eternal praise belongs to Him; lauding belongs to His Messenger Ahmed.
shivaathervedi

Post by shivaathervedi »

KHUTBA E MA'RIFAT E NOORANIYA BY MOWLA ALI
Ref: Biharul Anwaar; Vol 26.

Janabe Salman and Janabe Abu Zarr asked Ameerul Momineen about the true nature of the Noor of Imam Ali. Imam Ali replied,

“O’Salman wa Abu Jondab, Only when one recognizes Me with My Noor only then will he be able to attain iman (pure faith). Only those who recognize Me with My Noor are the true believers. He is the one whose heart has been tested by Allah with true iman. He is the one in whose heart the true Islam is amplified. Thus he shall become an “Arif” (gnostic). The one who does not recognize Me with My Noor falls into ambiguity.

O’Salman! O’Jondab! Verily Recognizing Me as Noor is the recognition of Allah. This is the true religion. Allah did not place upon mankind any order other than to accept Tawheed of Allah (98:5) (Oneness of Allah). Testifying to the prophet hood of Holy Prophet is the true religion. Whenever Allah orders to “establish prayer” it refers to the belief in My Wilayat. One who pledges his allegiance and submits himself completely unto Me has truly established “salat” (prayer). Yet this matter is difficult, exceedingly difficult! Zakat is the acknowledgment of the greatness of the attributes of Aimmah.

As attested to in the Holy Quran, true iman (faith) is the recognition of tawheed (oneness) and the testimony of nabuwat and wilayat. One who acts upon these beliefs achieves deen (religion).

O’Salman! O’Jondab! One who after being tested by Allah instantly accepts Our Amr (authority) and does not reject any matter which pertains to Us is a Momin and Allah will open his heart to the acceptance of Our Amr (authority/command). He will not display even an element of doubt or suspicion. However he who objects with “why and how” becomes a kafir (disbeliever). Therefore be submissive to the Amr of Allah. Verily We are the Amr of Allah (Command of Allah).

O’Salman! O’Jondab! Verily Allah has made Me as His Trustee upon the creation and His Vicegerent upon His earth, in His territories, and over His servants. Allah has blessed Me with such attributes that even those people who have true understanding regarding the merits of such blessings and those who have knowledge regarding all matters will still not be able to truly comprehend the status which Allah has blessed Me with. A true momin is one who recognizes Me in this manner.

O’Salman! Allah said, “Do not seek the help of Allah except through patience and prayer”. Patience is Muhammad and Prayer is My Wilayat. This is why Allah has declared it to be difficult to understand such attributes. In truth My Wilayat is exceedingly difficult except for those whose souls are submissive. Thus My Wilayat has been made easier by Allah upon those whose souls have submitted.

O’Salman! We are those Secrets of Allah which shall not be hidden. We are His Noor that can never be extinguished. And We are those blessings which can never be matched. Our first is Muhammad, Our middle is Muhammad, and Our last is Muhammad. One who recognizes Us in this way is a follower of the true religion.

O’Salman! O’Jondab! Muhammad and Myself are one Noor. And before all other creations had been created We were already reciting the praises of Allah. We were the cause of the creation of the entire universe. Then Allah divided this Noor into two parts; first was His prophet Mustafa (saw) and His Successor Murtaza. Then Allah said to each half “Be Muhammad!” “Be Ali!” This is the reason RasoolAllah said, “I am from Ali and Ali is from Me. None other than Myself and Ali are able to convey the Divine Message of Allah.” In Quran where Allah says “Ann fosanawa ann faskum (3:61)” is a reference to Our being One Essence in Alam e Arwah and Anwar (worlds of spirits and noor). And where Allah says “If He has died or is slain(3:144)” “died” is a reference to the death of Prophet and “slain” is in reference to the martyrdom of His Successor. As We are One Essence and One Noor. We are One in purpose and attributes. However We are different in Our bodies and names, but in Alam e Arwah We are One Noor. As RasoolAllah said, “O’Ali, You are My Soul which is inside of Me. In this world of creation RasoolAllah said, “You are from Me and I am from You. You are My inheritor and I am Your inheritor. You are the Soul of My body.” Allah says, “Sallu illay wa salamu tasleema”. “Sallu illay” (sending blessings on Him) is reference to Muhammad and “salamu tasleema” (acknowledge Him) is reference to Me (Ali). Allah joined Me with Muhammad in One Noor and then split that Noor into two beings based upon Their Names and Attributes. Then Allah ordered His creation to send blessings upon Muhammad and salam upon His successor Ali. RasoolAllah said, “One shall not gain any benefit or reward from sending blessings unto Me until he submits to the Wilayat e Ali.”

O’Salman! O’Jondab! During His time Muhammad was “natiq” (speaking) and I was “samit” (silent). During every era both “natiq” and “samit” are present. Remember, Muhammad is the Master of those who shall gather on the Day of Judgement and I am the Master of Resurrection. Muhammad is the warner and I am the one who guides. Muhammad is the Lord of Jannah and I am the Lord of Rajat (Return). Muhammad is the Lord of Hawz e Kausar (divine spring) and I am Sahib e Lawa (standard bearer of the flag which will be raised on the Day of Judgment). Muhammad is the Lord of the Keys to the Gates of Jannah and I am the Lord of Jannah and Jahannum (paradise and hell). Muhammad is the Lord of Revelation and I am the Lord of Inspiration. Muhammad is the Lord of Signs and I am the Lord of Miracles. Muhammad is the Seal of all Prophets and I am the Seal of all Successors. Muhammad is the Master who invites the creation towards the religion of Allah and I am the Protector of the Religion. Muhammad is the most generous prophet and I am Sirat ul Mustaqeem (true path). Muhammad is “raoof o raheem” (most kind and merciful) and I am Aliulazeem (most high most great).

O’Salman! Allah says “He causes the Spirit to descend upon those whom He chooses” (40:15). This Spirit then descends unto the one entrusted with the Command and the Decree. I
possess full knowledge of all things in the heavens and upon the earth. I am Kitab ul Mubeen (Undeniable Book).

O’Salman! Muhammad is the one who establishes the Hujjat (proof) and I am Hujjatullah (proof of Allah) upon the creation. And the Spirit ascended with Him unto the heavens. I am the one who enabled Nuh to sail His Ark. I was present with Yunis in the belly of the whale. I parted the sea for Musa to allow Him a safe passage through it. I am the one who destroyed the enemies of Allah. I possess all of the knowledge of the prophets and their successors and I am Fazl al Khatab (a blessed speech). The prophet hood of RasoolAllah was completed through My Wilayat. I cause the rivers and oceans to flow and cause the mountains to rise up from the surface of the earth. I am likened unto the Father of the Earth. I am the wrath of the Day of Judgment. I am that Khizr who taught Musa. I taught Dawood and Solomon. I am Zul Qarnan. I am the one who removes sufferings by the command of Allah. I am the one who spread the earth. I am the one who shall send wrath on the day of judgment. I am the one who shall summon all unto Allah on the Day of Judgment. I am Dabba tul Arz (sign of Allah regarding the coming of the Day of Judgment). RasoolAllah said, “O’Ali You are Zul Qarnain and its both ends. You were in existence before the beginning of the creation and will remain until its end.”
nuseri

Post by nuseri »

Ya Ali Madad:
In khutba e bayn ALI said he is the CREATOR.only God has absolute right to say that.( at common sense level)

In belowSalman! Muhammad is the one who establishes the Hujjat (proof) and I am Hujjatullah (proof of Allah) upon the creation. And the Spirit ascended with Him unto the heavens. I am the one who enabled Nuh to sail His Ark. I was present with Yunis in the belly of the whale. I parted the sea for Musa to allow Him a safe passage through it. I am the one who destroyed the enemies of Allah. I possess all of the knowledge of the prophets and their successors and I am Fazl al Khatab (a blessed speech). The prophet hood of RasoolAllah was completed through My Wilayat. I cause the rivers and oceans to flow and cause the mountains to rise up from the surface of the earth. I am likened unto the Father of the Earth. I am the wrath of the Day of Judgment. I am that Khizr who taught Musa. I taught Dawood and Solomon. I am Zul Qarnan. I am the one who removes sufferings by the command of Allah. I am the one who spread the earth. I am the one who shall send wrath on the day of judgment. I am the one who shall summon all unto Allah on the Day of Judgment. I am Dabba tul Arz (sign of Allah regarding the coming of the Day of Judgment). RasoolAllah said, “O’Ali You are Zul Qarnain and its both ends. You were in existence before the beginning of the creation and will remain until its end extract what he did:

In Quran ,the popular final brand name of Allah says
He is the creator.
All the feats and acts were done by him.
Now question arises.
Who is telling the truth ?
Brand name to deeply explored( ALI+lah)= Allah is telling the truth or Hz Ali is telling the truth?
TRUTH IS WHERE ALI IS.
so one has reach irrevocable conviction that would define his or her faith.
Allah said truth,And Ali is lying.
Both says the truth ARE they the same ?
Ali said Absolute truth ,because popular final brand name of Allah( + 350 names used in other religions) is composed/derived out generic name ALI.
Barking with copy paste can be a child's job.
The absolute conviction ( what ever level) is the status of that person phera / cycle of Life.
BTW status of Shias can be considered as heavily blinkered ,but not blind but still in search to see the truth.
An apple that is low level of sweetness ,one grade above bland taste.
Shia's over the time added the word waliyat ,which to a low end believer adds to confusion over conviction.

Latakta fhikka khajoor ,Phere pe phere karte raho.

ISHQ ALI PEE HAI ABAADI TUMHARI.
MAAN ALI PEE HAI SALAMATI TUMHARI.
SHAQUE ALI PEE HAI KASOTI TUMHARI.
NAFRAT ALI PEE HAI AAFAT TUMHARI.
Admin

Post by Admin »

There are more Khutbahs of Hazrat Ali, form the Gnostic sources.. By the way Gnosis and Gnan words have the same source....

Here are some:

http://www.ismaili.net/html/modules.php ... 9005#49005
shivaathervedi

Post by shivaathervedi »

Admin wrote:Image

There are more Khutbahs of Hazrat Ali, form the Gnostic sources.. By the way Gnosis and Gnan words have the same source....

Here are some:

http://www.ismaili.net/html/modules.php ... 9005#49005
The first line of Khutba, Mowla Ali said, " I AM THE SIGN OF MOST HIGH ".
Sign of most high WHO? Obviously that is Allah. Allah granted powers to Mowla Ali does not mean he is Allah the most high.
Last edited by shivaathervedi on Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
nuseri

Post by nuseri »

Ya Ali Madad.
Good observation of the first line but a shallow one.
There is no Ayat that allah grant to be signature name of ALI.
statement.
ALI states boldly that he is Sign of the most high not granted ,but he granted the holy book to humanity with name of Allah
as Ali was there befire creation ,no imam will say he is Allah,then it nullify the other 349 names of God that were givens to humanity.
Ali states he is the GOD and only god ( allahuahad)other all are names which came from existence.
shivaathervedi

Post by shivaathervedi »

nuseri wrote:Ya Ali Madad.
Good observation of the first line but a shallow one.
There is no Ayat that allah grant to be signature name of ALI.
statement.
ALI states boldly that he is Sign of the most high not granted ,but he granted the holy book to humanity with name of Allah
as Ali was there befire creation ,no imam will say he is Allah,then it nullify the other 349 names of God that were givens to humanity.
Ali states he is the GOD and only god ( allahuahad)other all are names which came from existence.
Are you writing about Ali Murtaza or AL ALI?
Do you believe H H THE AGA KHAN is God?
In your post you admitted ALLAHU AHAD. You are absolutely right. Allah is Ahad and there is no comparison to Him. He is Nirinjin.
By writing Insha Allah in one of your post, and Allahu Ahad shows the ice is melting.
Admin

Post by Admin »

If you want to discuss Ali - Allah, which has been discussed at length, please post in the appropriate Forum, not here.

For example, you could post in : http://www.ismaili.net/html/modules.php ... 1&start=45

or similar thread.
kmaherali

Re: Various Khutbah by Mowla Ali

Post by kmaherali »

shivaathervedi wrote:
Imam ‘Ali derived his vast knowledge and striking eloquence by virtue of his long and close association with the Prophet Muhammad. The Prophet, with Divine inspiration, was the source of all such knowledge and wisdom and a teacher par excellence for Imam Ali.
This is the 12ver Shia understanding. In Ismailism, the chain of Imamat is unique and eternal and is not influenced by any other lineages. The knowledge of Imamat Institution is self-perpetuating influenced by no external sources.

In the Khutab Bayan posted by Admn above HA says:

I am the sign of the Most High, I am the Gnosis of Mysteries, I am the Door of the doors....
nuseri

Post by nuseri »

Ya Ali MADAD:My observation and not admission
These are words of prophet( his admission)

" The position of Ali (A.S) amongst the people is like Surat Qul Hu Allahu Ahad in the Qur’an.”
Muslim, 1/48; Al-Tirmidhi, 2/299; Al-Nisa’i, 27; Musnad Ahmad, 6/299; Ibn Al-Maghazeli, 191.
Prophet has admitted that position of IMAMAT of ALI ( not boliogical ).
So Allahuhad for me is IMAMAT and the Imam at that post.
What is Arabic /Persian word for the Gnosis.???
shivaathervedi

Post by shivaathervedi »

nuseri wrote:Ya Ali MADAD:My observation and not admission
These are words of prophet( his admission)

" The position of Ali (A.S) amongst the people is like Surat Qul Hu Allahu Ahad in the Qur’an.”
Muslim, 1/48; Al-Tirmidhi, 2/299; Al-Nisa’i, 27; Musnad Ahmad, 6/299; Ibn Al-Maghazeli, 191.
Prophet has admitted that position of IMAMAT of ALI ( not boliogical ).
So Allahuhad for me is IMAMAT and the Imam at that post.
What is Arabic /Persian word for the Gnosis.???

You say black board is white, who will accept? You say Allahu Ahad is Imamat, who will accept?
Allah is AL ALI and not Murtaza Ali or Ali Aga Khan.
shivaathervedi

Re: Various Khutbah by Mowla Ali

Post by shivaathervedi »

kmaherali wrote:
shivaathervedi wrote:
This is the 12ver Shia understanding. In Ismailism, the chain of Imamat is unique and eternal and is not influenced by any other lineages. The knowledge of Imamat Institution is self-perpetuating influenced by no external sources.

In the Khutab Bayan posted by Admn above HA says:

I am the sign of the Most High, I am the Gnosis of Mysteries, I am the Door of the doors....
Ismailis follow Madhab e Ja'fariyah as stated by Hazar Imam.
No doubt chain of Imamat is unique but Imam can not be compared with Allah.

Regarding religious education MSMS was tutored by an outsider.
Shah Karim got religious education from a teacher appointed by MSMS.

Couple of times I asked this question on this forum but no one replied may be lack of knowledge. The question is;
WHO COMPILED KHUTBA E BAYANIYAH AND IN WHICH CENTURY? Let me see if I get some information.

There are three versions of Khutba e Bayaniyah.

Ali said I am the sign of most high. Look at the wordings 'sign of most high.
The magic word is 'OF'. Here Ali is referring to most high and i.e Allah.
shivaathervedi

Post by shivaathervedi »

KHUTBA E IFTIKHARIYAH (SIRMON OF GLORIFICATION)
MOWLA ALI SAID:
I am the brother of the Messenger of God and the Heir to His knowledge, the
treasury of His wisdom, and the Companion of His secret. There is not a letter revealed by God in any of His Books whose intention does not point towards me. He hath vouchsafed unto me the knowledge of what was from eternity and what will happen unto the Day of Resurrection. To me hath been vouchsafed the knowledge of past and future generations and their genealogies. And to Me hath been given a thousand keys to a thousand doors. The knowledge of the destinies of all things hath
been granted unto me. All these Gifts shall continue to flow through my Appointed Successors (wasi's) as long as day is followed by night and night followed by day and until all things return to God. For verily, He is the True Inheritor of all things.
Unto me, too, hath been vouchsafed the Path, the Balance, the Banner, and the Kawthar. I am the one who shall face the children of Adam on the Day of Judgement and shall bring them to account and shall direct them to their habitations. And verily, I am the punishment of fire meted unto the damned. These are the bounties of God unto me. And should anyone deny that I shall return after the Return, or deny that I shall come back after the Raj'at, or should anyone reject the truth that I shall appear again,even as I have done from the beginning that hath no beginning or even unto the end
that hath no end, he, verily, hath denied the truth of all of Us. And verily I say unto you, he who denies any one of Us, hath denied God. I am the one who hath summoned you; I am the companion of your prayers and invocations. I am the Lord of retribution, and I am the Master of the signs and the Lord of the wondrous symbols of guidance. I am cognisant of the mysteries of creation; I am the One who brought the iron unto Men. I am forever new and forever pre-existent, the One who brought the
Angels from out of their habitations, the One who pledged an everlasting covenant with your spirits on the dawn of creation. I am the Word of
God [Kalimat'u'lláh] which hath been uttered in the world of creation, the Object of the covenant that hath been promised in the prayers and salutations which lie in the reality of all created things. I am the name that hath been invoked by orphans and by widows, the door to the city of knowledge and the refuge of patience and forbearance.
I am the upraised flag of God, the companion of the banner of divine praise, the Lord of infinite bounty and of infinite grace. But should I tell you all that I am, you would doubtless disbelieve Me. For I am also the slayer of oppressors, the treasury of divine favours in this world and of the next. I am the master of the believers, the guide of those who seek the way. The truth is mine and certitude is at my side. Leadership is mine and the righteous shall follow me. I am the first to acknowledge faith, the Cord
of God that shall not be broken, the One who will raise the world to justice even as it hath been brought low by oppression. I am the companion of Gabriel and the archangel Michael is beside Me. I am the tree of guidance, and the essence of righteousness. I shall gather together the world of creation through the Word of God that gathers together all things. I give life unto humanity and I am the treasury of all divine commands. To Me hath been given the Luminous Pen and the CrimsonCamel.
I am the gate-keeper of certitude, the Commander of the Faithful, the friend of Khidir. I am the One who shall conquer Syria and destroy the arrogant. I have existed throughout the past, and, verily, I have never uttered a falsehood. Through a word from me, truth hath been separated from error, for I speak through divine inspiration and know of the stars and constellations. God hath commanded me to ordain their
orbit and vouchsafed unto me their knowledge. With Me are the saffron and crimson coloured flags and I shall remain concealed until the time shall come for My manifestation in a great Cause. Then, shall I grant and withhold as I wish. None can describe Me except Myself, for I shall protect the faith of my Lord. I am the One Whom my Cousin chose, Who was present when His sacred remains were shrouded.
I am the Guardian appointed by God, the Most Merciful God, the companion of Khidir and Aaron, and the friend of Moses and Joshua, the son of Nun.
Verily, I am the leader of the righteous, the Sacred Fane frequented by all,
the upraised firmament, the fathomless ocean. I am the Holy of Holies, the pillar that supports humanity. I am the Possessor of the Greatest
Cause. Is there anyone who can speak beside me? At a single Word of
God, at one utterance of the Prophet, I would put within you my sword's length and send you hurrying unto your next abode. I am the meaning of Ramadán and the night of Qadr mentioned in the Mother Book. My utterance is decisive, for I am the Súrah of Praise. I am the purpose of prayer itself, whether at home or when travelling. I am the purpose of fasting, and the sacred anniversaries in the months of the year.
I am the Gate through which all shall pass who worship God; I am His worshipper, and one created by Him. I am both the witness
and the One witnessed to, the possessor of the green canopy, He Whose name is mentioned in the heavens and the earth, Who is the travelling companion of the Messenger of God throughout the heavens, for with me is the Book and the sacred Arc. I am the One who befriended Seth, the son of Adam, the companion of Moses and Irám, and all metaphors and analogies pertain unto Me. Who indeed is there to compare with Me? For I am the heaven-sent rain that causeth each blade of green to
grow, the Lord of this nether realm Who brings forth the rains when all have lost their hope in its downpour. I am He Who summoneth the mighty lightning and causeth the ocean to rise and swell, the One who speaketh to the sun and causeth the stunning trumpet to blast forth. I am the refuge of all that have obeyed God, and verily, God is my Lord and there is no other God but He. For falsehood offers illusions, but truth giveth thee everlasting sovereignty.
I shall soon depart from amongst you, but be watchful and aware; be on your guard against the tests and tribulations caused by the 'Ummayyds and their worldly powers. And after they shall pass away, the kingdom will revert to the 'Abbasids who will bring both sorrow and happiness to mankind. And they shall build a city called Baghdád, which shall be between the Tigris and the Euphrates. Woe betide men in those latter days, for amongst them will rise the oppressors among My people, who shall build palaces for themselves and courts and tabernacles. For they shall seek supremacy through intrigue and impiety. Two score and two kings shall rule among the children of the 'Abbasids, after whose reign shall come to pass the Most Great
Tribulation on the surface of the earth. Then shall the True Qá'im (a.s) rise up once more. Then shall I show My Face amongst men, and it shall be as luminous as the face of the moon amid the other stars. But note well the ten signs associated with my coming. The first sign shall be the inversion of banners on the highways of Kúfa; the second, the abeyance of true worship and the prescribed prayers; the third, the end of true pilgrimage. The fourth sign shall be an eclipse in the lands of Khorasán, the gathering of constellations and the appearance of comets in the sky. There shall be
chaos and confusion, massacre, pillage and robbery in the world. Many other signs shall there be too, surpassing all these signs, among which is the sign of wonderment. But when all these signs have passed away, then, verily, shall the Qá'im (a.s)Himself arise in truth.
O people, sanctify the Lord your God from all similitudes, for every reference to Him fails, and whosoever tries to limit the Creator by description or comparison hath verily disbelieved in His Book, which is the Book of God's Own Utterance.
Then He said: How great the blessedness of those who love me and who
sacrifice their life in my path and who get exiled because of me! They truly are the repositories of God's knowledge, nor shall they be put to fear on the Day of the Great Terror.
I am the Light of Allah, Who can never be extinguished; I am the Mystery of Allah that can not be concealed.
shivaathervedi

Post by shivaathervedi »

KHUTBA E TUTUNJIYYIH

The title Tutunjiyyih itself is a reference to the passage where in the Imam says, the One that standeth upon the Two Tutunjs [Gulfs]." These two gulfs
represent the Gulf of Prophethood and the Gulf of Wilayat.

Sermon of the Gulf [Khutbah-e-Tutunjiyyih]

The Commander of the Faithful delivered it between Kufah and Medina.
Maula said:
“Praise be to Allah Who hath rent asunder the firmaments (al-ajwaa) and
opened the atmosphere (al-hawa) and suspended the vast expanses of the universe and
caused the Splendour (diyaa) to shine, and quickened the dead and caused the living
to die.
I give Him praise such praise as shone and became uplifted, a praise that
was radiant and effulgently luminous, a praise that ascendeth to heaven in its sending
there and which goeth to the high sphere (jaww) unto its equinoctial summit
(i'tidaaluhu).
He created the heavens without pillars (bila da'aaim) and set them upright
without supports.
He then adorned the heavens with light-giving planets and caused to be
imprisoned in the spheres many a dark cloud.
He created the oceans and the mountains upon the collision of
concomitant ever-flowing currents:
He opened their gates and their mighty waves were huge! I give praise
unto Him and to Him all praise is due.
I testify that there is no God but Him and I bear witness that
Muhammad(s.a) is His servant and His Messenger and that God chose him from
the Supreme Company and sent Him unto the Arab peoples and He was appointed -
He that was truly guided Himself - to guide others - He was indeed Talismanic and of
the essence (hulaahilan Telasmiyyan). Muhammad(s.a) raised up the evidences and
sealed the Messages and Muslims obtained sight from Him. God manifested His
Religion through Him, may the salutation of God be upon Him (s.a) and His
Pure Family(a.s)People! turn ye repentantly unto My faction (shi'ah) and adhere to a pledge of
fealty to Me.
Remain steadfast and persevering in the Faith with the best certainty.
Adhere steadfastly to the Successor of your Prophet in Whom resides your
salvation and in Whose love on the Day of Resurrection is your safe haven!
In me resides the Hope and I am the One to be hoped for.
I am the One that standeth upon the Two Gulfs! (tutunj)
I am the One that looketh unto the Twin Rising-Places [or "Orients"] and the
Twin Setting Places [or "Occidents"].

I did see with My own eyes [the Bounty of] God and the Paradise! And this was
as the seventh Heaven was moving in its orbit and there in the great surging seas were
the stars and their own orbits.
I saw also the earth rolled up as a short garment would be rolled up and it was
within a shell on the right sided Gulf which faces the East and the Twin Gulfs. Further
out there are the Twin Bays (khalij) of water as if they are to the left of the Twin
Gulfs.
I saw that the Circle that embraces these and the Paradise and all that there is
there in were naught but a ring on the finger of Thy Lord.
I saw the Sun when it was setting and it was like unto a bird that seeketh its nest.
And if it were not for the friction of the head of Paradise and the mixing up of the
Twin Gulfs and the sound of the spheres all that are in heavens and the earth would
hear the ebullition of heat caused by the Sun's descent into the Black water - and that
is the Warm Fountain.
I know of the wonders of God's Work what no one knows but God
I know what has been and what will be and what has been in the First Sprinkling
with those who preceded the First Adam(a.s). All was disclosed for Me and I knew and
all was taught Me and I have learnt.
So hearken and do not raise a clamour. Were it not for My fear that you might say
"'Ali has become possessed or apostatised from His Faith" I shall disclose unto you
what and whereat they are and what you shall encounter on the day of Resurrection.
All that knowledge was entrusted unto Me and thus I knew and the
knowledge of all this was hidden from all the Prophets(a.s) except the Lord of this
Dispensation (Shari'ah) of yours (Peace be upon Him and His Family).
He taught Me His knowledge and I taught Him My knowledge.
Verily We are the Warner’s from immemorial times and We shall be unto
everlasting Warner’s from God.
Through Us will perish He that is going to perish and by Us have obtained
salvation all that have obtained salvation and you shall not encompass that ability that
is Ours. By the righteousness of Him Whose power causeth the seed to germinate and
Who breatheth the spirit of life into all things, by Him Who alone hath power and
grandeur!
To Me have the winds and the air and the birds of air been conquered; the
world and all that is therein was presented to me but I turned away from it. I
turned upside down the world and it was tilted away from Me. How can
subsequent events overcome Me?

I know all that is above the supreme Paradise and that which is below the seventh
Ocean, that which is in the highest heavens and that which is between them and that
which is below them. All this knowledge is derived from an all-embracing knowledge
and not from chronicled knowledge.
I swear by the Lord of the Great throne! If I wished I could inform you of
your forefathers and all your predecessors as to where they were, and from
whom they were and where they are now and how they came to be where they
are! How many of you are eating the property of his brother and is drinking of
the fountainhead of his father and yet he longeth for him and wishes that they
were with him! O would that you knew! O would that ye knew! When that which
is hidden be manifest and that which is in the breasts were attained and
conscience were to disclose its hidden things, I swear by God you will have
returned to clay, and you will have had your "returns," and how many signs
there are between these "returns" how many those that have died or that have
been slain. (I know those that are in the craw of birds and those that are in the
belly of beasts and all mankind are between those that have already gone and
those that are being urged on). And if it were to be revealed to you all that is with
Me from time immemorial unto the end that has no end you shall truly see many
and wondrous events, many strange handiworks and all that I comprehend.
I am the Master (sahib) of the First Creation before the First Noah, and if you
were to know what was between Adam and Noah of wondrous events that I
wrought and of nations that I caused to perish. And the true Word of Thy Lord
was fulfilled in them and evil is that which they worked
I am the Master of the First Flood!
I am the Master of the Second Flood!
I am the Master of the Deluge of Iram!
I am the Master of the Secret Mysteries!
I am the Lord of 'Ad and its gardens!
I am the Lord of Thamud and its wondrous signs!
I am the One that destroyed it,
I am the One that caused the Earthquakes!
I am the One that caused their Return and their Perdition!
I am the Builder of those civilisations and their Destroyer!

I cause their Expiry and I cause them to be quickened!
I am the First and the Last!
I am the External and Manifest and I am the Internal and Hidden!
I am with the Cycle (kawr) before the Cycle began!
I am the Companion of the Dispensation (dawr) before the Dispensation started!
I was with the Pen before the Pen and I am with the Tablet prior to the Tablet being revealed!
I am the Lord of the First Pre-existence!
I am the Lord of Jabulqa and of Jabulsa!
I am the Master of Highest Stage (rafraf) and of Bahram!
I am the One Who organised existence when there was no heaven as you havethem now nor earth as you know it now! “

“ There is no other God But God Who is My Lord and the Lord of all
created things. Unto Him belongs the Creation and the World of Revelation (amr).
He it is Who has ordained all matters in His(swt) Wisdom and heavens and earth
are upraised in His Power.

But rejoice now for the cause of all creation reverts unto Me on the morrow. Let
not this claim appear extravagant inasmuch as
We have been vouchsafed the knowledge of all fates and of all tribulations. and
the knowledge of interpretation and of the Revelation and the decisive Discourse
(Faslu'l-Khitab) and knowledge of all future calamities and catastrophes.
There is nothing whose knowledge escapes Us.
This is truth and I shall see this One [pointing to Husayn, Peace be upon Him]
when His Light shall flow forth of His eyes and I shall be present with Him a
lengthy time that shall witness earthquakes and eclipses. They that are believers
will revolt in His company from every corner. I swear by God! If I wished I
would tell you of their names every one of them and their descent from both
parents, until the Day of whose time is promised.”
I am the one who sets the Earth to order
I am the One Who has divided it into five parts, namely, land, sea, mountains,
built, and unbuilt.
I am the One Who separated the Red Sea from Tarjim, and separated Aqim from Him.
I separated all from all!
I am Tirathia, Janbutha, Barhilion, Aliuthoutha.
The Mysteries of Evidence shall
become clear to you when Bahram and Keyvan (stars) shall rise together and become
conjoined with exactness. When shakings and earthquakes shall succeed each other
swiftly and banners shall be lifted up from the shores of Oxus to the Desert of
Babylon know ye then that
I am the One Who causeth the winds the blow,
I am the One Who lifts your oppressions!
I am the Master of the Mount Sinai!
I am that Manifest Light!
I am that Perspicuous and dazzling Evidence (that light of which an infinitesimal
part was disclosed unto Moses) and all that was vouchsafed unto Me by God the Lord
Of Glory.
I am the Master of the Gardens of eternal delight!
I am the One that causeth the Rivers to flow from the Water that emanates from the
divine current, and other Rivers which are of milk, and Rivers of pure Honey, and
Rivers that flow with other, a delight unto those who partake.
I am the One that hath overshadowed hell when it was made to blaze and have
overlooked its several compartments: firstly the Hell of Sa'ir when it blazeth forth
then the Hell of Saqar and its fire and lastly the nethermost Hell which has been
preserved for the transgressor all of these have been preserved in the Valley of
Desolation. Again I swear by the Lord Who bringeth Dawn, He Who is the Lord of all

creation! Within it is kept eternally both Jibt and Taghut and their servants and
whomsoever disbelieveth in the Lord of this world and the Kingdom on high.
I am the Maker and Sustainer (sani') of all the Regions of this world by the
Command of the One Who is the All-Knowing the All-Wise.
I am the Word through Which all things are consummated and through which the
Universes are brought into being.
I am the One Who has made the regions of the earth to be four and the islands to be
seven: the Region of the South to be the Depository of all Bounty, the Region of the
North to be Powers and Sovereignty, the Region of Sheba to be the Seat of
earthquakes, and the Desert Region to be the Seat of many a catastrophe. So Woe
unto the cities from those transgressors who will come to destroy and pervert justice.
Woe shall be when calamities come to transpire from that Government of eunuchs,
imbeciles, and effeminate rulers. On that Day all Regions will bring forth false
claimants claiming falsehoods. Oh! On that Day expect eagerly your Supreme
salvation and you shall see men accepting it by troops. On that Day God will make of
the gravel of Najaf treasures of gold and all of that will be sprinkled where the
believer shall step his foot on it and with that same dust of gold the unbeliever and the
hypocrite shall be exchanged and bartered. Then shall the value of red ruby be as
nothing and similarly other jewels and pearls. This shall be a most evident sign and
when it shall transpire the Light of God shall shine and His Glory shall be effulgent
and all that you wish for shall be made manifest and all that is your highest desire
shall become apparent.
"O alas for the nations! Soon shall some hypocrites say that
'Ali claimed Lordship (rububiyyat) for himself but you
should bear witness thus: "'Ali truly is a created Being, a
Servant, nourished of divine sustenance and he that denies
this let him be accursed of God".
shivaathervedi

Post by shivaathervedi »

MOWLA ALI'S SERMON KNOWN AS KHUTBAT UL WASILA (INTERCESSION)

All praises are for Allah who has annihilated and curtailed sceptics so that His attributes are recognized and laid down heavy curtains (of Noor)
in order to cultivate intelligence so that no one would attempt to imagine His Essence, through perception and speculations. He is an Entity, who is away from any deviations or sub-division due to His perfection. He separates His creatures (from each others) neither based on their dissimilarities nor based on their resemblances but rather what they are made out of and what they will face in the future- as per His Eternal knowledge. His knowledge is not subject to a change as there is absolutely no information, which could come from anywhere other than Him. One can say, to the extent, that one’s action is the proof of His eternal existence and the same negates the forever existence of anyone but Him. Thus Allah is elevated from any
attributes that one could come up with, for (the praise of) his own created god but
Allah is other than what could be created by His servants. Thus, His unique
qualities may only be attributed to Him in such a way that He is pleased with
those and accepts them with pleasure. I witness that there is no god But Allah, He
is an undividable Entity and there is no one equivalent to Him and I bear witness
that Mohammed pbuh is created by Him to be His Prophet.
These are the two declarations that would spruce up the wisdom and impart worth to
the deeds. These would ease one’s burden to be carried forward (in the hereafter) and
would be so precious that cannot be quantifiable. These two (verdicts) lead one to the
path of the paradise and away from the hell fire and would enable one to easily pass
through the bridge of ‘Siraat'and enter into the gardens of paradise. The (true)
holder of these witnesses will also be able to recite the ‘Salawat’
therefore qualifying him for the endless blessings. Thus send ‘Salawat’ on your Prophet, and join the
angels in doing so. O People with Iman! Do not only send Salawat on your
Prophet but also accept all of his rights to the best of your abilities.

O people! Surely, there is honour higher than Islam, no generosity is more glorified
than ‘Taqwa’. (God fearing). No stronghold is more protective than piety, there is no
cure better than the repentance; there is no appreciable outfit other than the peace of
mind; there is no shield better than the carefulness. The best wealth to defend against
poverty and to enrich you soul is to remain content. Whoever considered the
‘layamouti’ (Eternal) power sufficient and relied on it (rather than worldly means),
has undoubtedly secured peace of mind and happiness. And became defiant against
troubles and appreciably handled hardship. Whoever stacked for the future, set on a
very painful and difficult path. Jealously is an adversity for faith and greediness
invites one to sins and triggers depression; disobedience (in religion) pushes one to
destruction and it originates numerous wrong doings. A majority of those who fail to
excel adopt greediness and cling onto false expectations which lead them to
deprivation-this is a journey that is destined to disaster. Be aware, who indulged
himself into the matters, without considering their end results, has got himself
engulfed by the humiliating grievances and troubles and ended up committing those
sins which are not worthy of a ‘Momins’.

O People! Indeed, the most rewarding effort is in striving to seek knowledge, respect
is the outcome of politeness, and esteem is earned through humbleness. The most
painful consequences are manifested from anger and hostility. The most admirable
among all the beautiful is the wisdom. There is no worst companion other than
indulgence in ignorance. The worst evil is in lying. The best sanctuary is in
expressing less. The closest unseen is the death.

O People! One would not publicise others’ shortcomings if he takes into account his
own faults. One would not be curious about others’ achievement if he were content
with God’s blessing onto him. Whoever unsheathes the sword of aggression will be
killed with it. Whoever devices a trap for his brethren falls in it. Whoever discloses
the secrets of others, indeed tarnishes the honour of his womenfolk. Whoever
overlooks his faults, keeps on highlighting others’ mistakes. Whoever adores his
judgements, gets lost in wilderness. Whoever abandons ‘Wisdom’ is battered by the
difficulties. Whoever adopts rudeness, is disgraced by the society. Whoever belittles
people, is greeted with insults. Whoever associates with scholars, is respected but
whoever prefers the company of uncouth, turns worthless. Whoever ventures what is
beyond his capacity, becomes helpless and miserable.

O People! Valuables are not those, which need to be protected! The ignorance is in
wading away from the impulses of wisdom. The best preaching is manifested through
good piece of advice. There is no intelligence like a well thought solution. There is
no worship better than the deep thought. There is no better approach but to work out
through consultation. There is no solitude as horrific as praising oneself. There is no
righteousness equivalent to abstinence of the forbidden. There is no self-possession
like patience and calmness.

O People! A Human enjoys ten characters that the tongue reveals: The tongue
provides evidence by revealing the mysteries of the heart, a judge that forms an
opinion, a speaker that provides answers, an interceder by which the needs are settled,
a describer by which objects are identified, a commander that enjoins good, a
preacher that forbids evil, a consolatory that calms the grief, a thankful by which
hatred is removed, and a soother that amuses the hearings. Persistent prayers are key
to the cure. A deep thinker gets to recognise the hidden treasures of objects.
Preaching provides shield against committing sins and ones gets relief in grief and
misery through those who offer condolences.

O People! As there is no good for a community if an able leader is stopped from
speaking out and an ignorant is allowed to publicise his views.

O People! He who does not control his tongue regrets in the end and he who does not
make an effort to gain knowledge remains unversed. One cannot be polite without
relying on rationalism and one cannot be wise without putting into practise the gain
experiences. Who does not adhere to wisdom, is humiliated. The one who is rejected
does not respect others and is disregarded by others. He who works hard to acquire
impermissible, gains no benefits from it. He who gets pleased when admired for his
unjust deeds, is prohibited from any guidance. He who does not donate even if
resourceful will not be relieved in his difficult time and is admonished. He who
undeservingly asks for helping hand is humiliated. He who comes into power with
just means is the real authority and he who stood against him will surely be
humiliated. He who became humble, is respected but who became rude, was rejected
as worthless. He who is not generous is never appreciated.

O People! Prior to the ‘Day of Judgement’ death is, surely, going to fall on you. (So)
death should be preferred to humility, tolerance to inertness, and grave to poverty.
Make use of ‘Wisdom’ prior to its departure. Prepare yourself through
accountability- before being punished in the grave; it is much better than being
helplessness in the grave. It is better to be without vision rather than to have it and
still indulge into forbidden. There is a day to collect worldly treasures and a day to
loose them, thus take a step back as there is remorse for both of them.

O People! The strangest entity in your body is the ‘Qalab’, it is the origin of wisdom
as well as recipient of all the conflicts. If one is led by his desires, he is humiliated by
the greed (never ending desires) and the excessive greed and envy finishes him off
through ruining his peace. If he gives up hope then he falls pray to the depression. If
he becomes aggressive then he ends up with bad temper. However, if he is blessed
with patience then he gets protection through being thankful to God. If he is
overpowered by the fear, the grief engulfs him. If he performs well, he is praised. If
he is blessed with an award, he is honoured. If he is comforted by wealth, he is
harmed by the abundance. If he looses his sustenance then troubles target him from
all directions. And he starts screaming when hit by difficulties. If one is weakened
by the malnutrition then abundance may also kill him. Every deficiency would harm
him and any abundance would invoke unrest in him and invite troubles.

O People! Who earned little is humiliated by the society, but who secured more than
his needs was hailed as a leader but who accumulated excessive wealth was greeted as
master. Whoever ponders on God’s personal attributes would loose faith. But
whoever concentrates on His creations gets to their intricacies. The one who went
over board in amusement lost his dignity. He who cannot control his laughter looses
his pride. He, who does not recognise others’ virtues, ends up useless (for society).
The most admirable approach is to use your resources for safeguarding you honour.
He who associates with the ignorant is mindless. He who keeps the company of
illiterates should be prepared for nothing but troubles. Neither the rich will be
protected from the death nor it would take pity on poor’s circumstances.

O People! There are few revelations directed onto your ‘Qalb’ the desires in ‘Nafs’
(self) are transmitted as per the status of an individual’s virtues, and similarly
guidance signals are generated therein for the understand of ambiguities and recurring
thoughts, and to extend protection on the lookout of falling in mistakes. One’s ‘Nafs’
(self) receives impulses and rational solutions; it is the responsibility of the wisdom,
in the light of knowledge and experiences, to initiate protection against committing
inappropriate deeds. Practising this (following wisdom) leads the way to compliance
and guidance.
It would be sufficient for you (my followers) to adopt honourable attitude, which is
disliked by your foes. And you should extend respect to your brethren ‘Momin’ in a
similar way, as you would like to be respectfully greeted. Ignore your preferences
and choices and be thoughtful prior to taking an action so that you are saved from
humiliation. He, who takes on board others’ opinions, is in a better position to escape
from mistakes. One can raise his status equivalent to people of intellect by not
indulging into worthless activities. He, who rejects desires, has managed to protect
his esteem. Whoever controls his tongue, has won the hearts of his people and
succeeds in securing his basic necessities. If you like to unfold the mysteries of
unseen (future) then carefully look into the past time and the present, there is a wealth
of knowledge buried within these two. You need to focus your attention on your own
affairs, even if they are too grim, as you won’t benefit from the borrowed relief-like
sporadic lightening in the darkness. Whoever recognised the benefits of wisdom, his
eyes would glitter with confidence and authority.

The best form of wealth is to give up on desires. Contentment provides safeguard
from difficult times. Envy leads to poverty and selfishness brings about destitution.
Sincerity is that wealth which would bear sweet fruits. It is far better to posses a tiny
joule rather than a huge pile of tasteless and useless commodities (meaning little for
next world is better than huge gains in this world). Nobel traditions are treasures for
those who adhere to them. Whoever turned shameless, he lost ethics. A time will
come when people would find comfort in their solitude. Whoever drifts away from
politeness, subjects his own family to grievances. Whoever collected wealth and
considered it plenty, would soon realise its not enough, as verified by his long wish
list. One’s generosity may compensate for the lack of your politeness. The treasures
of sustenance are hidden in your polite conduct.

In this world, it is mandatory to be thankful after achieving your aims but on the
contrary, you would rarely hear appreciative comments from people. Whoever
covered him up in the outfit of honour, managed to hide his shortcomings. You
should de-link what you plan and what you say (refrain from pre-planned ideas),
indeed whoever achieved this would have less conflict within him and this will lead
him to success. Whoever recognised the intricacies of the world, never became
careless in seeking the essential resources. Be aware! There is a price for everything,
e.g., possibility of an air lock for every sip one takes and obstruction to every
mouthful one swallows. Indeed, no living being is blessed unless being subjected to a
loss. Every grain you eat is predestined to you and you are the diet of the death.

O People! Ingratitude is meanness. (Be aware) association with ignorance is
a tragedy; piousness is manifested in speaking softly, deceiving others is in the blood of shameless folks. Remain persistent in what is obscured from you (future achievements) but it is not certain that all of you would achieve your objectives. Your prayers are heard when your pray sincerely and with peace of mind. What you consider quite far (i.e., death) is in fact closer than any closeness you could image.
You should clearly identify and clarify your requirements prior to embarking on a trip
or settling in a neighbourhood. Be aware the fast moving (time) will finally catch up
with those who move slowly (do not prepare for hereafter). Keep to the secrets of
your brethren to yourself and forgive the mistakes of your friends for the sake of that
day when your enemies overwhelm you. Cruelties against that who is unable to
defend will invoke prolong grief with severe punishment in the hereafter. He who
fears Allah, is protected from usurping others rights. He who does not distinguish
between the evil and the good is like an animal. Indeed, causing troubles would only
reduce one’s essentials to carry forward (for the hereafter). The difficulties of the
hereafter are enormous as compared with all the calamities, you may know, are
minuscule. You would not be able to escape them as you carry stains of sins and
loads of disobedience. There is nothing better as compared to the comfort when
difficulties are converted into blessings and conflicts are replaced with peace. There
is no disappointment as great as being unable to reach the proximity of Paradise and
there is no bigger relief than the remoteness of the hell fire. Any blessing other than
the Paradise is worthless and any trouble other than the hell is a comfort. Giving up
on self-appraisal would encourage one to indulge into bigger sins. The execution of a
deed to its highest level of sincerity is more difficult than the deed itself. The
purification of intentions from contamination (with filth) is more difficult than
spending a long time in war zone.
Alas! (No one understands) if abstinence is not my top priority then I would be the
most diplomatic person of the Arab world. I advise you to be fearful to Allah in the
affairs of future, proclaiming witness to what you are revealed, the iteration
of. (Remember to) please your Lord, upon securing abundant
resources and during the time of need, in the time of anger and in the time of
desperation, in dealing (fairly) with your friends and foes, and executing a task in
delight and committing it in crisis. Observe abstinence and surely, one would
committed many mistakes through talking too much. One would turn shameless by
insisting on mistakes. One would fall from his elevated position by deviating from
the graceful manners. And one’s ‘Qalb’ would lose life upon departing from
abstinence. The one with the dead ‘Qalb’ paved his way to the Hell fire. But who
dwelled for the truth found the wisdom, and who found the wisdom went into solitude
and who went into isolation protect him from tragedies.
He would eventually stop listening to his egoistic desires whose birth was legitimate.
People would start liking him who refrains from jealousy. A ‘Momin’s respect is in
that he does not lean on others. Being content is that treasure which can never be
consumed. One would remain comfortable with what he has got by remembering he
would depart from here one day. He would stay calm who gives more importance to
his words than the performed tasks. I am surprised with that fellow who does not stop
committing sins even though he is fearful of punishment in the hereafter. And also on
that person who hopes to receive Allah’s blessing but still sails very close to the
sins. The treasures of Divine blessings are inherited by acting on the findings of
wisdom but ignorance would push one to destruction. (Be aware!) Ignorance is the
key to infidelity. A blessed is that who learns from the mistakes of others. Acting on
virtuous traditions and courteous behaviour are the best companions. One will not
receive any benefits by giving up on generosity as well as by adopting aggressive and
devious tactics.
There are ten parts in self-reliance in order to achieve peace, out of which nine are in
keeping quiet; one is in remembering Allah and the second is in keeping away from
the company of unwise folks. Hospitality is extended by a knowledgeable whereas
unwise would consider it a waste-It is, indeed, a gem from the mines of the ‘Aman’.
Patience in the time of difficulties and grief is the beauty of ‘Faqr’ and remaining
thankful is the charm of a (honourable) rich. Excessive visits result in grief
(misunderstandings). Believing in without fully understanding an affair is against
careful attitude. A person’s reliance on his ‘Nafs’ (self) reflects the worn out
condition of his intellect.
A sinner should not loose hope, as there are so many individuals who believe that they
have eliminated their sins, by good deeds and have pleased Allahswt, but, in fact, have
gone astray in their older age and would, therefore, be punished in the hell; (This is
due to) their forceful and cruel attitude, on humanity, which have been very bad
transaction for the hereafter. However, there is a good news for that who purely acted
to please Allah in his use of knowledge, execution of a task, love for and hate for,
refraining and participating, speaking and keeping quiet and promises and actions.
No Muslim can remain Muslim unless he keeps away from formidable. And
abstinence cannot be achieved until he observes ‘Zuhid’, No one can become
‘Zahid’ until he carefully analysis the end result. No one can prepare for the
hereafter unless he becomes ‘Aqal’. There is no ‘Aqal’ except for the one who
ponders upon the instructions of Allah and then conducts deeds for the hereafter.
May Allah decent His blessings on Prophet Mohammed and his pure and
infallible progeny (Imams).
shivaathervedi

Post by shivaathervedi »

MOWLA ALI'S SERMON KNOWN AS KHUTBAT UL WASILA (INTERCESSION)

All praises are for Allah who has annihilated and curtailed sceptics so that His
attributes are recognised and laid down heavy curtains (of Noor)
in order to cultivate intelligence so that no one would attempt to imagine His Essence, through
perception and speculations. He is an Entity, who is away from any deviations or
sub-division due to His perfection. He separates His creatures (from each
others) neither based on their dissimilarities nor based on their resemblances but
rather what they are made out of and what they will face in the future- as per His
Eternal knowledge. His knowledge is not subject to a change as there is absolutely
no information, which could come from anywhere other than Him. One can say, to
the extent, that one’s action is the proof of His eternal existence and the same
negates the forever existence of anyone but Him. Thus Allah is elevated from any
attributes that one could come up with, for (the praise of) his own created god but
Allah is other than what could be created by His servants. Thus, His unique
qualities may only be attributed to Him in such a way that He is pleased with
those and accepts them with pleasure. I witness that there is no god But Allah, He
is an undividable Entity and there is no one equivalent to Him and I bear witness
that Mohammed pbuh is created by Him to be His Prophet.
These are the two declarations that would spruce up the wisdom and impart worth to
the deeds. These would ease one’s burden to be carried forward (in the hereafter) and
would be so precious that cannot be quantifiable. These two (verdicts) lead one to the
path of the paradise and away from the hell fire and would enable one to easily pass
through the bridge of ‘Siraat'and enter into the gardens of paradise. The (true)
holder of these witnesses will also be able to recite the ‘Salawat’
therefore qualifying him for the endless blessings. Thus send ‘Salawat’ on your Prophet, and join the
angels in doing so. O People with Iman! Do not only send Salawat on your
Prophet but also accept all of his rights to the best of your abilities.

O people! Surely, there is honour higher than Islam, no generosity is more glorified
than ‘Taqwa’. (God fearing). No stronghold is more protective than piety, there is no
cure better than the repentance; there is no appreciable outfit other than the peace of
mind; there is no shield better than the carefulness. The best wealth to defend against
poverty and to enrich you soul is to remain content. Whoever considered the
‘layamouti’ (Eternal) power sufficient and relied on it (rather than worldly means),
has undoubtedly secured peace of mind and happiness. And became defiant against
troubles and appreciably handled hardship. Whoever stacked for the future, set on a
very painful and difficult path. Jealously is an adversity for faith and greediness
invites one to sins and triggers depression; disobedience (in religion) pushes one to
destruction and it originates numerous wrong doings. A majority of those who fail to
excel adopt greediness and cling onto false expectations which lead them to
deprivation-this is a journey that is destined to disaster. Be aware, who indulged
himself into the matters, without considering their end results, has got himself
engulfed by the humiliating grievances and troubles and ended up committing those
sins which are not worthy of a ‘Momins’.

O People! Indeed, the most rewarding effort is in striving to seek knowledge, respect
is the outcome of politeness, and esteem is earned through humbleness. The most
painful consequences are manifested from anger and hostility. The most admirable
among all the beautiful is the wisdom. There is no worst companion other than
indulgence in ignorance. The worst evil is in lying. The best sanctuary is in
expressing less. The closest unseen is the death.

O People! One would not publicise others’ shortcomings if he takes into account his
own faults. One would not be curious about others’ achievement if he were content
with God’s blessing onto him. Whoever unsheathes the sword of aggression will be
killed with it. Whoever devices a trap for his brethren falls in it. Whoever discloses
the secrets of others, indeed tarnishes the honour of his womenfolk. Whoever
overlooks his faults, keeps on highlighting others’ mistakes. Whoever adores his
judgements, gets lost in wilderness. Whoever abandons ‘Wisdom’ is battered by the
difficulties. Whoever adopts rudeness, is disgraced by the society. Whoever belittles
people, is greeted with insults. Whoever associates with scholars, is respected but
whoever prefers the company of uncouth, turns worthless. Whoever ventures what is
beyond his capacity, becomes helpless and miserable.

O People! Valuables are not those, which need to be protected! The ignorance is in
wading away from the impulses of wisdom. The best preaching is manifested through
good piece of advice. There is no intelligence like a well thought solution. There is
no worship better than the deep thought. There is no better approach but to work out
through consultation. There is no solitude as horrific as praising oneself. There is no
righteousness equivalent to abstinence of the forbidden. There is no self-possession
like patience and calmness.

O People! A Human enjoys ten characters that the tongue reveals: The tongue
provides evidence by revealing the mysteries of the heart, a judge that forms an
opinion, a speaker that provides answers, an interceder by which the needs are settled,
a describer by which objects are identified, a commander that enjoins good, a
preacher that forbids evil, a consolatory that calms the grief, a thankful by which
hatred is removed, and a soother that amuses the hearings. Persistent prayers are key
to the cure. A deep thinker gets to recognise the hidden treasures of objects.
Preaching provides shield against committing sins and ones gets relief in grief and
misery through those who offer condolences.

O People! As there is no good for a community if an able leader is stopped from
speaking out and an ignorant is allowed to publicise his views.

O People! He who does not control his tongue regrets in the end and he who does not
make an effort to gain knowledge remains unversed. One cannot be polite without
relying on rationalism and one cannot be wise without putting into practise the gain
experiences. Who does not adhere to wisdom, is humiliated. The one who is rejected
does not respect others and is disregarded by others. He who works hard to acquire
impermissible, gains no benefits from it. He who gets pleased when admired for his
unjust deeds, is prohibited from any guidance. He who does not donate even if
resourceful will not be relieved in his difficult time and is admonished. He who
undeservingly asks for helping hand is humiliated. He who comes into power with
just means is the real authority and he who stood against him will surely be
humiliated. He who became humble, is respected but who became rude, was rejected
as worthless. He who is not generous is never appreciated.

O People! Prior to the ‘Day of Judgement’ death is, surely, going to fall on you. (So)
death should be preferred to humility, tolerance to inertness, and grave to poverty.
Make use of ‘Wisdom’ prior to its departure. Prepare yourself through
accountability- before being punished in the grave; it is much better than being
helplessness in the grave. It is better to be without vision rather than to have it and
still indulge into forbidden. There is a day to collect worldly treasures and a day to
loose them, thus take a step back as there is remorse for both of them.

O People! The strangest entity in your body is the ‘Qalab’, it is the origin of wisdom
as well as recipient of all the conflicts. If one is led by his desires, he is humiliated by
the greed (never ending desires) and the excessive greed and envy finishes him off
through ruining his peace. If he gives up hope then he falls pray to the depression. If
he becomes aggressive then he ends up with bad temper. However, if he is blessed
with patience then he gets protection through being thankful to God. If he is
overpowered by the fear, the grief engulfs him. If he performs well, he is praised. If
he is blessed with an award, he is honoured. If he is comforted by wealth, he is
harmed by the abundance. If he looses his sustenance then troubles target him from
all directions. And he starts screaming when hit by difficulties. If one is weakened
by the malnutrition then abundance may also kill him. Every deficiency would harm
him and any abundance would invoke unrest in him and invite troubles.

O People! Who earned little is humiliated by the society, but who secured more than
his needs was hailed as a leader but who accumulated excessive wealth was greeted as
master. Whoever ponders on God’s personal attributes would loose faith. But
whoever concentrates on His creations gets to their intricacies. The one who went
over board in amusement lost his dignity. He who cannot control his laughter looses
his pride. He, who does not recognise others’ virtues, ends up useless (for society).
The most admirable approach is to use your resources for safeguarding you honour.
He who associates with the ignorant is mindless. He who keeps the company of
illiterates should be prepared for nothing but troubles. Neither the rich will be
protected from the death nor it would take pity on poor’s circumstances.

O People! There are few revelations directed onto your ‘Qalb’ the desires in ‘Nafs’
(self) are transmitted as per the status of an individual’s virtues, and similarly
guidance signals are generated therein for the understand of ambiguities and recurring
thoughts, and to extend protection on the lookout of falling in mistakes. One’s ‘Nafs’
(self) receives impulses and rational solutions; it is the responsibility of the wisdom,
in the light of knowledge and experiences, to initiate protection against committing
inappropriate deeds. Practising this (following wisdom) leads the way to compliance
and guidance.
It would be sufficient for you (my followers) to adopt honourable attitude, which is
disliked by your foes. And you should extend respect to your brethren ‘Momin’ in a
similar way, as you would like to be respectfully greeted. Ignore your preferences
and choices and be thoughtful prior to taking an action so that you are saved from
humiliation. He, who takes on board others’ opinions, is in a better position to escape
from mistakes. One can raise his status equivalent to people of intellect by not
indulging into worthless activities. He, who rejects desires, has managed to protect
his esteem. Whoever controls his tongue, has won the hearts of his people and
succeeds in securing his basic necessities. If you like to unfold the mysteries of
unseen (future) then carefully look into the past time and the present, there is a wealth
of knowledge buried within these two. You need to focus your attention on your own
affairs, even if they are too grim, as you won’t benefit from the borrowed relief-like
sporadic lightening in the darkness. Whoever recognised the benefits of wisdom, his
eyes would glitter with confidence and authority.

The best form of wealth is to give up on desires. Contentment provides safeguard
from difficult times. Envy leads to poverty and selfishness brings about destitution.
Sincerity is that wealth which would bear sweet fruits. It is far better to posses a tiny
joule rather than a huge pile of tasteless and useless commodities (meaning little for
next world is better than huge gains in this world). Nobel traditions are treasures for
those who adhere to them. Whoever turned shameless, he lost ethics. A time will
come when people would find comfort in their solitude. Whoever drifts away from
politeness, subjects his own family to grievances. Whoever collected wealth and
considered it plenty, would soon realise its not enough, as verified by his long wish
list. One’s generosity may compensate for the lack of your politeness. The treasures
of sustenance are hidden in your polite conduct.

In this world, it is mandatory to be thankful after achieving your aims but on the
contrary, you would rarely hear appreciative comments from people. Whoever
covered him up in the outfit of honour, managed to hide his shortcomings. You
should de-link what you plan and what you say (refrain from pre-planned ideas),
indeed whoever achieved this would have less conflict within him and this will lead
him to success. Whoever recognised the intricacies of the world, never became
careless in seeking the essential resources. Be aware! There is a price for everything,
e.g., possibility of an air lock for every sip one takes and obstruction to every
mouthful one swallows. Indeed, no living being is blessed unless being subjected to a
loss. Every grain you eat is predestined to you and you are the diet of the death.

O People! Ingratitude is meanness. (Be aware) association with ignorance is a
tragedy; pious-ness is manifested in speaking softly, deceiving others is in the blood
of shameless folks. Remain persistent in what is obscured from you (future
achievements) but it is not certain that all of you would achieve your objectives. Your
prayers are heard when your pray sincerely and with peace of mind. What you
consider quite far (i.e., death) is in fact closer than any closeness you could image.
You should clearly identify and clarify your requirements prior to embarking on a trip
or settling in a neighbourhood. Be aware the fast moving (time) will finally catch up
with those who move slowly (do not prepare for hereafter). Keep to the secrets of
your brethren to yourself and forgive the mistakes of your friends for the sake of that
day when your enemies overwhelm you. Cruelties against that who is unable to
defend will invoke prolong grief with severe punishment in the hereafter. He who
fears Allah, is protected from usurping others rights. He who does not distinguish
between the evil and the good is like an animal. Indeed, causing troubles would only
reduce one’s essentials to carry forward (for the hereafter). The difficulties of the
hereafter are enormous as compared with all the calamities, you may know, are
minuscule. You would not be able to escape them as you carry stains of sins and
loads of disobedience. There is nothing better as compared to the comfort when
difficulties are converted into blessings and conflicts are replaced with peace. There
is no disappointment as great as being unable to reach the proximity of Paradise and
there is no bigger relief than the remoteness of the hell fire. Any blessing other than
the Paradise is worthless and any trouble other than the hell is a comfort. Giving up
on self-appraisal would encourage one to indulge into bigger sins. The execution of a
deed to its highest level of sincerity is more difficult than the deed itself. The
purification of intentions from contamination (with filth) is more difficult than
spending a long time in war zone.
Alas! (No one understands) if abstinence is not my top priority then I would be the
most diplomatic person of the Arab world. I advise you to be fearful to Allah in the
affairs of future, proclaiming witness to what you are revealed, the iteration
of. (Remember to) please your Lord, upon securing abundant
resources and during the time of need, in the time of anger and in the time of
desperation, in dealing (fairly) with your friends and foes, and executing a task in
delight and committing it in crisis. Observe abstinence and surely, one would
committed many mistakes through talking too much. One would turn shameless by
insisting on mistakes. One would fall from his elevated position by deviating from
the graceful manners. And one’s ‘Qalb’ would lose life upon departing from
abstinence. The one with the dead ‘Qalb’ paved his way to the Hell fire. But who
dwelled for the truth found the wisdom, and who found the wisdom went into solitude
and who went into isolation protect him from tragedies.
He would eventually stop listening to his egoistic desires whose birth was legitimate.
People would start liking him who refrains from jealousy. A ‘Momin’s respect is in
that he does not lean on others. Being content is that treasure which can never be
consumed. One would remain comfortable with what he has got by remembering he
would depart from here one day. He would stay calm who gives more importance to
his words than the performed tasks. I am surprised with that fellow who does not stop
committing sins even though he is fearful of punishment in the hereafter. And also on
that person who hopes to receive Allah’s blessing but still sails very close to the
sins. The treasures of Divine blessings are inherited by acting on the findings of
wisdom but ignorance would push one to destruction. (Be aware!) Ignorance is the
key to infidelity. A blessed is that who learns from the mistakes of others. Acting on
virtuous traditions and courteous behaviour are the best companions. One will not
receive any benefits by giving up on generosity as well as by adopting aggressive and
devious tactics.
There are ten parts in self-reliance in order to achieve peace, out of which nine are in
keeping quiet; one is in remembering Allah and the second is in keeping away from
the company of unwise folks. Hospitality is extended by a knowledgeable whereas
unwise would consider it a waste-It is, indeed, a gem from the mines of the ‘Aman’.
Patience in the time of difficulties and grief is the beauty of ‘Faqr’ and remaining
thankful is the charm of a (honourable) rich. Excessive visits result in grief
(misunderstandings). Believing in without fully understanding an affair is against
careful attitude. A person’s reliance on his ‘Nafs’ (self) reflects the worn out
condition of his intellect.
A sinner should not loose hope, as there are so many individuals who believe that they
have eliminated their sins, by good deeds and have pleased Allahswt, but, in fact, have
gone astray in their older age and would, therefore, be punished in the hell; (This is
due to) their forceful and cruel attitude, on humanity, which have been very bad
transaction for the hereafter. However, there is a good news for that who purely acted
to please Allah in his use of knowledge, execution of a task, love for and hate for,
refraining and participating, speaking and keeping quiet and promises and actions.
No Muslim can remain Muslim unless he keeps away from formidable. And
abstinence cannot be achieved until he observes ‘Zuhid’, No one can become
‘Zahid’ until he carefully analysis the end result. No one can prepare for the
hereafter unless he becomes ‘Aqal’. There is no ‘Aqal’ except for the one who
ponders upon the instructions of Allah and then conducts deeds for the hereafter.
May Allah decent His blessings on Prophet Mohammed and his pure and
infallible progeny (Imams).
shivaathervedi

Post by shivaathervedi »

HADITH E TARIQ

Tariq bin Shihab asked: “O Ameer al-Momineen, please explain the
virtues of an Imam (masoom), Ameer al-Momineen replied:
“O Tariq, the Imam is the ‘Kalimat ul Allah’ word of Allah; ‘Hujat-Allah
the proof of Allah; Wajh-Allah’ the direction to Allah; ‘Noor ul Allah’ the
light of Allah; ‘Hijab-Allah’ the veil of Allah and ‘Ayat-Allah’ the sign of
Allah.
He is chosen by Allah who bestows onto him whatever
(qualities, perfections) He Chooses, and Makes it compulsory on all His
creatures to Obey him-the Imam. Thus he is Allah’s appointed ruler in
the heavens and on the earth. Allah has taken a covenant regarding
this from all His servants. Whosoever precedes the Imam has denied
established kingdom of Allah. An Imama can act as he finds it
appropriate, however his actions only correspond to the will of Allah.
The words of Allah are accomplished with truth and justice. For the Imama are both the justice
and the truth. A column of light (stretching) from the earth to the sky is
created for him, in which he witnesses the actions of the mankind. He
is enrobed in the cloak of power and dignity; he knows what is in the
minds and has access to the unseen-al-ghayb; he has been entrusted with
absolute power (in conducting his affairs); he beholds all that rests
between the dominions of the East and the West: Nor is anything from
the realms of ‘Mulk and Malakoot’ which is hidden from him; and he has
the ability to communicate with the birds, who submit to his Wilayah.

Thus, he is the only one, whom Allah has chosen, has
approved him for (knowledge of) the al-ghaib (Unseen), has strengthened
him by his speech, and instructed him in wisdom. His heart has made a
station for His will. Allah has proclaimed his governance and has
granted him the (privilege) to rule, and has commanded all to obey him.
This is because the Imamate is the legacy of the Prophets, is equal to the
rank (Manzilat) of the Awsiyaa (those who instruct to good). Indeed it is
the vicegerency of Allah and his messengers and therefore is regarded
infallible, with (true) dominion and governance. Indeed, it is the (True)
guidance since it is the perfection of the ‘deen’ and the benchmark of all
virtues.
The Imam is the guide for the seekers of the truth, an inspiration for
the rightly guided, an established path for the travellers to Allah, and
is the vehicle leading to salvation, submission to him is obligatory in this
life, (and has many benefits) as well as an instrument (of deliverance) in
the hereafter, he is the source of courage and glory for the true
believers; means of intercession for the sinners; a minarets of
deliverance for those who immensely love him; a standard of triumph for
the obedient. This is due to the fact that Imam, is the only one who can
guide to the real Islamic path, through revealing the virtues of ‘Aman’,
recognition of limits of rewards and punishments and clarifying the laws
related to permissible and forbidden. Thus this status is only given to no
one but to the one who is specially nominated and blessed by Allah and
is given a clear distinction and right to administer public affairs and is
made sole responsible for people’s sustenance. Indeed, Imam provides
knowledge of the boundaries and injunctions (of Allah) and makes clear
the lawful and unlawful.
The Imamate is a station that none can reach except those whom Allah
has chosen and has given them precedence (over others), investing them
with the authority to rules and to judge. Thus wilayah is nothing other
than safeguarding people from danger and disaster and the management
of their all affairs, (even down to) demarcating the days and months.
The Imama, is fresh and sweet water for those thirsting (for knowledge
& wisdom) A guide to true Guidance. The Imama, is ayat-e-Tathir,
acquainted with mysteries of the unseen. The Imam, is the sun that
rises over Allah’s servants with its (illuminating) rays.
The grasp and understanding of people cannot comprehend his
attributes. This is alluded to in the words of Allahazwj, most high (in the
Quran): “To Allah belongs fearlessness and glory (Izza) and to his
messenger and to the believers”. Here, the believers are being referred
to as, Ali and his progeny. Thus might and glory is for Allah, His
Prophets and his progeny. (This verse shows that) the Prophet and
his family cannot be separated from one another until the end of the
time, they are at the centre of the sphere of the faith; they are the
poles of existence (i.e. around which all existent/ entities revolve); they
are the sky of generosity and the honour of all creation; they are the
radiance of the sun of tribute, and the illumination of its moon; they are
the origin of all power and glory and the source of inspiration; they are
faith’s true meaning and its foundation.
The Imam, is the bright source of light (to enlighten the dark and
cruel) path; the flowing stream leading to Allah; stream of fresh water
for the dried land; the swirling sea; the resplendent full moon (badr) and
the brimming brook of guidance, the path and the deliverance in places of
peril. The torrential cloud, the roving rain the perfect full moon, the
noble guide, the shading sky, the glorious blessing, the sea that will never
dry. Nobility that cannot be described, a fountain that forever flows, a
garden (full of singing) birds, a fragrant and delightful flower (with) the
sweetest smell and wafting aroma, the righteous conduct, the successful
trade, the clear way, the gentle Physician, the compassionate father, the
refuge for people in times of calamity, the judge, the command giver, the
Prohibitor, Allah’s ruler over His people, His (Allah’s) confidant on
(matters of) reality, Proof of Allah over His servants (He is) the
object of pilgrimage on Allah’s earth and the universe, ‘Informed’ of
the Unseen. His personal qualities cannot be encompassed, his inner
virtues cannot be imagined and he is unfathomable reality. He is Unique of
his age and unparallel to none.
There is none similar to him and no one can take his place.
So, who is there that can attain knowledge about us; or can reach our
rank; or can witness our miracles; or can ever comprehend our status. In
this matter, wisdom and intellect are bewildered; understanding becomes
perplexed. Our status is so eloquent that the great ones appear
worthless, and the scholars dwindle (into insignificance); the Poets
become exhausted and wary; the genius stutter and are speechless; the
noble orators begin to stammer; and the masters of language are
humbled.
Who has the ability and perception to recognise even one Divine attribute
of an Imama, or could image or comprehend as the heavens and the
earth are humbled when they (attempt) to describe the reality of the one
who is in the focal point of the Universe, the pivot of all that revolve, the
secrets of all that is possible to exist, the ray of Divine creator, the
majesty of the Most Great and the honour of the heavens and the earth.

The station of the Prophet's progeny is exalted above description of
the describers and the qualifications depicted by the highly qualified.
Nor can they be compared with anyone in any realm or world. How could it
be possible to describe them, since they are the first light (created by
Allah), the lofty words, the radiant Divine names and the greater
oneness of Allah . Thus whoever turned away from them has indeed
deserted oneness of Allah, as they are the greatest veil of Allah.
Thus who has the merits to select such an Imam, who cannot be
recognised by the wisdom. Actually, there is no one who had abilities to
identify the noble Imam or even describe one of his virtues. However,
those who image that some of the qualities of Prophet’s progeny can be
found in other people are, in fact, crafty liars and have gone astray from
the righteous path and they chosen to worship the Calf (false god), as
their Lord and have joined the ranks of shaytaan. This is all due to their
intense animosity against the house of Devine qualities, and the family of
the virtuousness and infallibility and jealousy towards the household of
Prophet.
Shaytaan has made them believe that their (devious) actions, after all,
are honourable. May Allah destroy them and destine them towards
hellfire. How could they have selected an ignorant as an Imam, who used
to worship idols and was a well know deserter on the day of Holly wars
(Battle). Although, it is incumbent that the Imam should be the most
knowledgeable and not ignorant; brave and not withdrawing individual. And
none should be superior to him in (nobility) descent and nor should be
inferior (to anyone) in his lineage. Beware; the Imam can only be from
the best of the Quraysh, the most nobility of Hashim and from the
progeny of Abraham. He is from the bloodline of Prophet and is the
‘Nafas’-e-Rasool. He is chosen by the will of Allah and his selection
is directly executed by Allah.
Thus, he is the honour of all nobles and a branch from the
(descendants of) Abd Manaaf; he has (complete) knowledge of (worldly)
affairs and is well versed in the governance (of all affairs). Obedience to
him is incumbent until the day of judgement and Allah has made his
Heart a (vessel) for His mystery and elects to speak through Imam’s
tongue. Thus, Hea is infallible, represents Allah and is free from any
element of ignorance and weakness.

O Tariq, the people have abandoned him and followed their own desires
and who can be more astray than the one who follows his whims without
any guidance from Allah. O Tariq! the Imam may be considered like
an angel in the appearance of human being, a heavenly body, a divine
command, a sacred spirit, a lofty station, a manifest light, a hidden
secret. He is angelic in essence with attributes of the Divine powers,
endowed with unlimited good qualities, posses the knowledge of the
realms of the Unseen, specifically chosen by the Lord of the Worlds and
is connected with the Truthful and Trustworthy.
All this is for the household of Muhammad alone; nobody else can
partake in this with them. This is because they are: the source of
revelation and the meaning of its exposition; the elect of the Lord of
Majesty; The place of Gibrael, Al-Ameen’s descent; the words of the
attributes of Allah; His secret and His words; the tree of Prophet
hood; the source of chivalry; the essence of all opinions; the ultimate
meaning and signification; the station of apostolic wisdom; the illumination
of majesty in proximity to Allah, and in His care the location of
Allah’s word; the key to his wisdom; the lamps of Allah’s mercy; the
well springs of His bounty; the path that leads to Allah's
remembrance (full) of wisdom; the noble face; the eternal light;
possessors of honour and repute; take precedence over all noble and
exalted; the successors of the noble Prophet; the progeny of the
compassionate and gentle (Prophet); we are the progeny of one from
the other, in the custody of the most High, the most Mighty- Allah
knows all and observes all of these.
These are the immense and unmistakable signs of guidance and the
straight path. Whosoever recognises themasws and takes (guidance) from
themasws, he is belongs to us. As per Rasool Allah’s statement, “ He who
follows me, surely he is from me”, is an allusion to this (reality). Allah
created them (Prophets household) from the illumination of his majesty
and entrusted them with the governing of the affairs of His kingdom.
(Thus there is no doubt) they are the treasured secret of Allah and
His friends, those who are near (Awliya al-Muqarraboon).
Allah’s (creative) command is between the letter ‘Kaaf’ and the letter
‘Nun’. Infact they are the ‘Kaaf’ and the ‘Nun’ since they invite to Allah,
speak only what they receive from Him and carry out His commands. The
knowledge of all the Prophets, the (divine) mysteries of the Awsiyaa and
the power and glory of the Awliyaa, in comparison to themasws, is like a
drop out of an ocean and a grain out of a desert. Indeed, the heavens and
the earth to the Imam are like the hand and its palm. He recognises what
is visible as well as what is hidden; He knows the pious among the sinners;
what is in the wet and within the dry forms. This is because Allah has
taught his Prophet the knowledge of what has been passed and what
would appear, and all these protected secrete were inherited by Prophet’s
noble Awliyah. Whosoever, denies this is a cruel and cursed wretch, and
as such is cursed by Allah as well as by all those who also send curse in
Allah’s obedience.
How could Allah make incumbent upon his servants the obedience of
the one who is veiled from the mysteries of the heavens and the
earth. The reality is that, a single word uttered (in Quran) in the praise
of Aal-e-Muhammed, exceeds seventy dimensions (of knowledge).
(Consider further), How often in the verses of the Noble reminder, the
blessed book, the eternal words are mentioned in our praise, i.e., al-Ayn
(eye), al-Wajh (face), al-Yadh (hand) and al-Janb (side). (It is obvious
that) What is meant by these words is this Wilayah (pointing to
himself), as Imama is the side of Allah, the face of Allah, that
is, the reality of Allah, the knowledge of Allah, and the essence of
Allah. (As for the phrase) ‘Hand of Allah’ they are the manifestation
of the implicit dimensions of the visible attributes. Thus, their (Ahlaibait’s)
implicit is the manifestation of the Allah’s explicit attributes.
They are the explicit manifestation of the implicit and the implicit
dimensions of the explicit. This is alluded to in the saying of the
Prophet “ Indeed Allah has no eyes and hands, but surely you and me, are from them”.
They (The Ahlai-Bait) are the most elevated side (Al-Janb al-Aliyy);
the most agreeable face (al-Wajh ar-Radiyy); the thirst-quenching spring;
and the straight path. They are the means to (reach) Allah, the link
to His pardon and His pleasure. They are the mystery of the One,
and the Uniqueness of the Unique (Allah). It is not possible to compare
anyone from mankind with them; They are: the elect of Allah and
chosen purely by Him; the secret of religion and its wisdom; the
gateway to faith and its Kaaba; the proof of Allah and His destination;
the signposts of guidance and its standard; the grace of Allah and His
mercy; the absolute certainty and its reality; the path of the Real and His
protection; the origin of existence and its goal; the power of the Lord and
His will; the source (origin) of the book and its end; the eloquent speech;
Rememberance and its interpretation; the origin of revelation and its
final (destiny); they are the lofty stars; they are the elevated
illuminations, kindled from the sun of Fatimah’s honour in the sky or
Muhammed’s majesty; they are the branches of Prophet hood gushing
forth from the tree of Ahmed; the divine mysteries placed in the form of
a human (body).
The Ahl e Bait are: The pure progeny from Hashimite descent; the
(truly) guide and the (truly) guided; thus they alone are the best of
creation; they are the pure leaders; the infallible family (protected from
sin); the noble offspring; the rightly guided successors (of the
Prophet); the greatest of the Siddiqeen (the truth ones); the noble
Awsiyaa; the tribe whom Allah was pleased with; the rightly guided
deliverers; the finest of the fine, from the family of Taha and Yaseen;
The proof of Allah for the first and last.
shivaathervedi

Post by shivaathervedi »

KHUTBAH E RAJA'T (DAY OF RETURNING)

No doubt coming back time and time again is for me.
I possess special virtues and effects of a strange nature.
I am the custodian of Allah's secret and a box in which all his
secrets
are in safe custody.
I am the Hijaab between Allah and the
creation, Wajhullah, scale of truth and untrue, gatherer of
creation,
Kalimaat ullah with which everything gets collected or
dispersed.
Dispersed elements get their correct combination and gathered
ones their
dilution in correct shape is by me.
I am effective virtue of Allah's
names, a gatherer and disperser.

I am the meanings of His names,Amsaal-al-Aala and greatest signs
(Ayatollah-al-kubra).
I am the owner of heavens and hell. The heaven goers will be
wedded by me.
The accountability of all the creations is my responsibility.
I am the owner of heavens, granter of good deeds or virtuous
deeds and caller in deviations.
I am the sun of the day of returning (Rajat).
I am Daaba-Tul-Arz, appointed authority over heaven and hell and
custodian of heavens.
I am the one at the high mounds (Sahib-e-Al-Ahraf) who will know
everyone from the signs on their foreheads.
I am Amir-al-momineen (Leader of the faithfuls).
Protector of the pious (Muttaqeen).
The speaking tongue of all the speakers.
The sign of all passed ones (Ayat-us-Sabiqeen).
Certifier head of Waseeyeen (Khatamul-Waseen).
Inheritor of Prophets.
The caliph of the Provider of the universe (Rabul-Alameen).
His straight path and a measuring (differentiating) scale of
right and wrong.
I am His authority over skies, earth and whatever is
therein.
Allah established me (Ihtejaaj) over His creation and took
covenant.
I am their witness(Shahid) on the day of judgement.
I am the one entrusted with the knowledge of tests, dreams,
judgements, expressive oration, and know the Ilmul-Ansaab
knowledge of the chain of descendendy.
I am the caretaker of the signs (Ayats) of all the
Prophets(a.s).
I am the one for whom, the clouds, thunders, lightning,
darknesses, lights, winds, mountains, seas or oceans, moon and
sun are enslaved (commanded to
obedience).
I am the Farooq of Ummah (the one who differentiates between
right and wrong). The identification between right and wrong is
because of me.
I am the herder of Allah’s creation and guide towards Him.
I am the one who has over come everything by counting and
store of everything (We have stored everything in Imam-e-Mobeen).
I am the one who is granted by Allah His name, His
kalima, His wisdom (hikmat),His knowledge and His
comprehension.
O’ people, ask me of anything before you do not find me amongst
you.
There is no power and authority other than Allah, the
highest and greatest.
aatimaram

Post by aatimaram »

FIRST KHUTBAH FROM NAHJUL BALABAH

Praise is due to Allah whose worth cannot be described by speakers, whose bounties cannot be counted by calculators and whose claim (to obedience) cannot be satisfied by those who attempt to do so, whom the height of intellectual courage cannot appreciate, and the divings of understanding cannot reach; He for whose description no limit has been laid down, no eulogy exists, no time is ordained and no duration is fixed. He brought forth creation through His Omnipotence, dispersed winds through His Compassion, and made firm the shaking earth with rocks.

The foremost in religion is the acknowledgement of Him, the perfection of acknowledging Him is to testify Him, the perfection of testifying Him is to believe in His Oneness, the perfection of believing in His Oneness is to regard Him Pure, and the perfection of His purity is to deny Him attributes, because every attribute is a proof that it is different from that to which it is attributed and everything to which something is attributed is different from the attribute.

Thus whoever attaches attributes to Allah recognises His like, and whoever recognises His like regards Him two; and whoever regards Him as two recognises parts for Him; and whoever recognises parts for Him mistook Him; and whoever mistook Him pointed at Him; and whoever pointed at Him admitted limitations for Him; and whoever admitted limitations for Him numbered Him. Whoever said: ‘In what is He?’, held that He is contained; and whoever said: ‘On what is He?’, held He is not on something else.

He is a Being, but not through phenomenon of coming into being. He exists but not from non-existence. He is with everything but not in physical nearness. He is different from everything but not in physical separation. He acts but without connotation of movements and instruments. He sees even when there is none to be looked at from among His creation. He is only One, such that there is none with whom He may keep company or whom He may miss in his absence.

The Creation of the Universe:

He initiated creation most initially and commenced it originally, without undergoing reflection, without making use of any experiment, without innovating any movement, and without experiencing any aspiration of mind. He allotted all things their times, put together their variations gave them their properties, and determined their features knowing them before creating them, realising fully their limits and confines and appreciating their propensities and intricacies.

When Almighty created the openings of atmosphere, expanse of firmament and strata of winds, He flowed into it water whose waves were stormy and whose surges leapt one over the other. He loaded it on dashing wind and breaking typhoons, ordered them to shed it back (as rain), gave the wind control over the vigour of the rain, and acquainted it with its limitations. The wind blew under it while water flowed furiously over it.

Then Almighty created forth wind and made its movement sterile, perpetuated its position, intensified its motion and spread it far and wide. Then He ordered the wind to raise up deep waters and to intensify the waves of the oceans. So the wind churned it like the churning of curd and pushed it fiercely into the firmament throwing its front position on the rear and the stationary on the flowing till its level was raised and the surface was full of foam.

Then Almighty raised the foam on to the open wind and vast firmament and made there-from the seven skies and made the lower one as a stationary surge and the upper one as protective ceiling and a high edifice without any pole to support it or nail to hold it together.

Then He decorated them with stars and the light of meteors and hung in it the shining sun and effulgent moon under the revolving sky, moving ceiling and rotating firmament.

The Creation of the Angels:

Then He created the openings between high skies and filled them with all classes of His angels. Some of them are in prostration and do not kneel up. Others in kneeling position and do not stand up. Some of them are in array and do not leave their position. Others are extolling Allah and do not get tired. The sleep of the eye or the slip of wit, or languor of the body or the effect of forgetfulness does not effect them.

Among them are those who work as trusted bearers of His message, those who serve as speaking tongues for His prophets and those who carry to and fro His orders and injunctions. Among them are the protectors of His creatures and guards of the doors of the gardens of Paradise.

Among them are those also whose steps are fixed on earth but their necks are protruding into the skies, their limbs are getting out on all sides, their shoulders are in accord with the columns of the Divine Throne, their eyes are downcast before it, they have spread down their wings under it and they have rendered between themselves and all else curtains of honour and screens of power.

They do not think of their Creator through image, do not impute to Him attributes of the created, do not confine Him within abodes and do not point at Him through illustrations.

Description of the Creation of Adam:

Allah collected from hard, soft, sweet and sour earth, clay which He dripped in water till it got pure, and kneaded it with moisture till it became gluey. From it He carved an image with curves, joints, limbs and segments. He solidified it till it dried up for a fixed time and a known duration. Then He blew into it out of His Spirit whereupon it took the pattern of a human being with mind that governs him, intelligence which he makes use of, limbs that serve him, organs that change his position, sagacity that differentiates between truth and untruth, tastes and smells, colours and species. He is a mixture of clays of different colours, cohesive materials, divergent contradictories and differing properties like heat, cold, softness and hardness, grief and joy.
Then Allah asked the angels to fulfil His promise with them and to accomplish the pledge of His injunction to them by acknowledging Him through prostration to Him and submission to His honoured position. So Allah said:

“Be prostrate towards Adam and they prostrated except Iblis (Satan).” (Qur’an, 2:34; 7:11; 17:61; 18:50; 20:116)

Self-importance withheld him and vice overcame him. So that he took pride in his own creation with fire and treated contemptuously the creation of clay. So Allah allowed him time in order to let him fully deserve His wrath, and to complete (man’s) test and to fulfil the promise (He had made to Satan). Thus, He said:

“Verily you have been allowed time till the known Day. “ (Qur’an, 15:38; 38:81)

Thereafter, Allah inhabited Adam (p.b.u.h.) in a house where He made his life pleasant and his stay safe, and He cautioned him of Iblis and his enmity. Then his enemy (Iblis) envied his abiding in Paradise and his contacts with the virtuous. So he changed his conviction into wavering and determination into weakness. He thus converted his happiness into fear and his prestige into shame. Then Allah offered to Adam (p.b.u.h.) the chance to repent, taught him words of His Mercy, promised him return to His Paradise and sent him down to the place of trial and procreation of progeny.

Allah chooses His Prophets:

From his (Adam’s) progeny Allah chose prophets and took their pledge for his revelation and for carrying His message as their trust. In course of time many people perverted Allah’s trust with them and ignored His position and took compeers along with Him. Satan turned them away from knowing Him and kept them aloof from His worship. Then Allah sent His Messengers and series of His prophets towards them to get them to fulfil the pledges of His creation, to recall to them His bounties, to exhort them by preaching, to unveil before them the hidden virtues of wisdom and show them the signs of His Omnipotence namely the sky which is raised over them, the earth that is placed beneath them, means of living that sustain them, deaths that make them die, ailments that turn them old and incidents that successively betake them.

Allah never allowed His creation to remain without a Prophet deputised by Him, or a book sent down from Him or a binding argument or a standing plea. These Messengers were such that they did not feel little because of smallness of their number or of largeness of the number of their falsifiers. Among them was either a predecessor who would name the one to follow or the follower who had been introduced by the predecessor.

The Prophethood of Muhammad:

In this way ages passed by and times rolled on, fathers passed away while sons took their places till Allah deputised Muhammad (peace be upon him and his progeny) as His Prophet, in fulfilment of His promise and in completion of His Prophethood. His pledge had been taken from the Prophets, his traits of character were well reputed and his birth was honourable. The people of the earth at this time were divided in different parties, their aims were separate and ways were diverse. They either likened Allah with His creation or twisted His Names or turned to else than Him. Through Muhammad (S) Allah guided them out of wrong and with his efforts took them out of ignorance.

Then Allah chose for Muhammad, peace be upon him and on his progeny, to meet Him, selected him for His own nearness, regarded him too dignified to remain in this world and decided to remove him from this place of trial. So He drew him towards Himself with honour. Allah may shower His blessing on him, and his progeny.

The Holy Qur’an:
But the Prophet left among you the same which other Prophets left among their peoples, because Prophets do not leave them untended (in dark) without a clear path and a standing ensign, namely the Book of your Creator clarifying its permission and prohibitions, its obligations and discretion, its repealing injunctions and the repealed ones, its permissible matters and compulsory ones, its particulars and the general ones, its lessons and illustrations, its long and the short ones, its clear and obscure ones, detailing its abbreviations and clarifying its obscurities.

In it there are some verses whose knowledge1 is obligatory and others whose ignorance by the people is permissible. It also contains what appears to be obligatory according to the Book2 but its repeal is signified by the Prophet’s action (sunnah) or that which appears compulsory according to the Prophet’s action but the Book allows not following it.

Or there are those which are obligatory in a given time but not so after that time. Its prohibitions also differ. Some are major regarding which there exists the threat of fire (Hell), and others are minor for which there are prospects of forgiveness. There are also those of which a small portion is also acceptable (to Allah) but they are capable of being expanded.

About Hajj:

Allah has made obligatory upon you the pilgrimage (Hajj) to His sacred House which is the turning point for the people who go to it as beasts or pigeons go towards spring water. Allah the glorified made it a sign of their supplication before His Greatness and their acknowledgement of His Dignity. He selected from among His creation those who on listening to His call responded to it and testified His word.

They stood in the position of His Prophets and resembled His angels who surround the Divine Throne securing all the benefits of performing His worship and hastening towards His promised forgiveness. Allah the glorified made it (His sacred House) an emblem for Islam and an object of respect for those who turn to it. He made obligatory its pilgrimage and laid down its claim for which He held you responsible to discharge it. Thus, Allah, the Glorified, said:

“. . . And (purely) for Allah, is incumbent upon mankind, the pilgrimage to the House, for those who can afford to journey thither. And whoever denieth then verily, Allah is Self-sufficiently independent of the worlds” (Qur’an, 3:96).
shivaathervedi_3

Post by shivaathervedi_3 »

Transience of this world and importance of collecting provisions for the next life:

O people, certainly this world is a passage while the next world is a place of permanent abode. So, take from the passage (all that you can) for the permanent abode. Do not tear away your curtain before Him Who is aware of your secrets. Take away from this world your hearts before your bodies go out of it, because herein you have been put on trial, and you have been created for the other world.

When a man dies people ask what (property) he has left while the angels ask what (good actions) he has sent forward. May Allah bless you; send forward something, it will be a loan for you, and do not leave everything behind, for that would be a burden on you.

(A portion of a khutba by Mowla Ali)