Participation in the Syrian War

Current issues, news and ethics
AJohn786

Participation in the Syrian War

Post by AJohn786 »

I am ex-military. I did not participate in combat only completed training. I am driven and compelled w my a huge part of my heart to travel to Syria and fight against daeesh. Everyday I see new images of the things they are doing against women and children and the threat they pose to ismailis there I feel complete guilt. It has burdened me completely and now I am getting close to being capable of traveling to fight.
But now I have heard that Imam has told the ismailis in Syria not to participate in the war. Does this apply to those of us who obey Imam in the U.S.A, or just those in Syria? And if I must continue to remain from fighting how can I support the Imams position and Cause in this conflict?
Admin

Post by Admin »

Imam has made clear that Ismailis should not take part of the war in Syria or any other war. Imam's cause is PEACE. If you want to support Imam's cause, do not fight.

He has made it clear that as the Quran says, saving one life is saving humanity and killing one life is killing humanity.

There is never any winner in a war, everybody is a looser. Just rebuild your life. Do good around you. Whatever good you will do will come back as a blessing to you and your children. Think of helping the elders, the orphans and the weak.