IMAMI

Discussion on doctrinal issues
ismaili103

IMAMI

Post by ismaili103 »

I have listen several times that at the time of Imam Jaffer Sadiq, those people who accepts the THEOLOGY OF IMAM JAFFER SADIQ were known as IMAMI. Thats why we Ismaili have the word Imami in our full name which is "Shia Imami Ismaili Nizari Muslims".

Does anyone have any information and history regarding it or is this correct or not?
agakhani_1

Post by agakhani_1 »

It might be true! but logically! it is very appropriate to believe that the word "IMAMI" must have started after H. Ali (s.a.).
Admin

Post by Admin »

Whatever the backgroung, the word "IMAMI" puts the Imam in the Center of the faith
nuseri

Post by nuseri »

Ya Ali Madad.
The word Imam can be observed,understood and seen at three different levels based on one's perception n beliefs.
As basic level of Sharia the word Imam as seen as petty moulana,mullah of every masjid with 6 inch bushy beard and 3/4 pyjamas to keep their salaries going.
The second at Tariqat to which most Shias believe only one hereditary IMAM to be ever present on earth.Many are assuming that Imam is hiding,etc,etc.
At Haqiqati Imaan,the Imamat was there as God himself as creator so comes before the advent of creation.,So the true belief in Imam starts from creation and at Zahiri level from appointment of Hz Ali.
The physical status of followers known or called as Imami starts from Hz Ali phase,it may taken wider reach with preaching and unique identification during and after Imam Jaffer Sadiq time as different mosque and masjid naming them over an entity. (I may be wrong).

As my account may be banned anytime,I wish to say a parting 'MOULA ALI MADAD.'
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

According to the constitution Nizari is not part of the definition:

"In exercise of the said recited authority vested in me as Hazar Imam, 1, SHAH KARIM AL HUSSAINI AGA KHAN, am pleased to ordain AND DO HEREBY ORDAIN that the Shia Imami Ismaili Muslims, in whatever place they may be, shall at all times be bound and governed by this Constitution according to its tenor."

In my opinion the word Imami signifies that we are the only Shia sect which believes in the living Imam.

I am not aware of the historical background for the term.
nuseri

Post by nuseri »

To kmaherali:Ya Ali Madad.
All Shias believe in living Imam. Their belief is that an Imam is living but disappeared or in hiding from them.We Ismailis believe n follow the living Imam who is seen,visible &present and ever smiling.