GENERAL HIDAYATS FOR JAMATS - Short Quotes

Discussion on doctrinal issues
kmaherali

GENERAL HIDAYATS FOR JAMATS - Short Quotes

Post by kmaherali »

As Received
========

Meeting of Hazar Imam with Indian leadership in November 2015 at Aiglemont

The delegation of the Indian leadership met Mowlana Hazar Imam in November 2015 to finalize the forthcoming appointment for institutions as well as Mukhi/Kamadiya. During the interaction (mulaqaat) with the delegation, Mowla Bapa gave the following advice and communicated as below.

NOTE – This is the gist of the advice and NOT verbatim as such. However it contains the brief essence of the message that was conveyed and should be treated in that manner.

Mowla Bapa stressed mainly on the Jamat in the Gujarat/Saurashtra region and expressed his deepest concern for them. Asked the leadership to ensure creation and setup of poverty alleviation programs for the Jamat living in this geography. Stressed on English education for them.

More Education equals More Opportunities. Quality education is a must; develop thirst for knowledge. Continue your education throughout your lifecycle. Continuing education is the ONLY way to develop new skills or knowledge necessary for a career transition and to create economic roadmap for yourself and your family.

Jamat should learn the global language or lingua franca – English as well as their local language and should have command over both to ensure communication on a more or less equitable basis in the global economy.

Dont compromise on ethics. Act ethically and maintain integrity.

Youth is drifting away from religion. Attend JK regularly, remember Allah throughout the day.

Concerned about quality of life of ultra poor (defined as ones who are unable to meet their basic needs). Ultra poor populations are often the hardest to reach. Most interventions, including microfinance, does not help them since all their income goes into sustenance. Strengthen their economic potential and improve access to social safety nets

Mowla also remembered all the volunteers and called them as ‘HIS SHINING STARS IN THE SKY’. He further added that he remembers the India Jamat EVERY NIGHT before he goes to sleep. He asked the delegation to convey this message to his Jamat – YOUR SPIRITUAL FATHER LOVES YOU THE MOST.

MHI ended the meeting by stating that India is the land of MANY opportunities and will continue to remain so. Very few countries have vast opportunities that India has today.
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

Forwarded as received

Meeting of Hazer Imam with Kenya leaders in October 2015 at Aiglemont

Please note, these are the views conveyed to me by one member who had the opportunity to be part of the meeting at Aiglemont. These are my understanding of what I heard. As such, they may be errors. Kindly keep in mind as you read.

Notes:

Look at future with optimism. Dont be afraid.

Africa will not stop still in its tracks. Next 50 years opportunities in Africa.

We must find solutions for the next Imam!!!

Remind locals about 1972 crisis so that they dont forget what happened.

He wishes Jamat to have mobility. Need to have 3 passports, namely:
* a passport
* education
* command of English language

Dont compromise on ethics.

Follow best practices.

Mixed marriages are here to stay. We should create social spaces in new Jamat Khana's for non-ismaili spouses.

Concerned about quality of life of ultra poor, aged.
Housing - every family must have a house. This gives them a sense of belonging/ownership and confidence

Conciliation and arbitration board should assist other communities as well as our own.

On Institutions
Jamat should strengthen institutions so people come to the institutions.
Jamat should make use of institutions. Form alliances and go to our own institutions to take benefit from them. Look into financial engineering with our financial institutions.

Businesses should come together. Professionals should come together

Dont look only at budget - look at the impact and what the outcome can be and maximize the outcome/impact.

Youth
He is concerned about:
* youth not going to JK
* radicalization of youth

He encouraged sports.
Continue global encounter program. Bring youths from different countries together.
Bring superstar youths to talk to other youths - they will be examples that other youth will look upon them with as they are peers.
nuseri

Post by nuseri »

To Kmaherali:.
Ya ALI madad.
I did have spat with you because of the serpent quote of .
Rumi.
I respect you as a wise member with great scholastic grasp.
A beautiful message above one with the leaders of India
I stand vindicated with my debates in my JK members.
I remember at I was trying to explain the baatin of ' My dear spiritual children'
They joking taunted me he call himself as Imam ,why do I imply to know n call him at our SPIRITUAL FATHER.
I told them in frustration n grumpily one day ALI will call himself as Spiritual father.
I see that today in this blessed posting.
The significance of this status of his indicates that most jamat in India have his haqiqat status samaj
My apologies in my posting little harsh.It was to you towrite exact words of farman n translation in future.
Just wrong meaning of two words of Imam E mubeen.has changed the fate of 90% in the Ummah.
I did that so when you qoute or translate Ali's word,you as blessed soul does come under his wrath of wronging the words.
Ali bless you and your family.
nuseri

Post by nuseri »

Ya Ali Madad.
I have made at least two important observations in above posting.I may be incorrect in my understanding.
1) for Africa Mhi has sounded a caution note to be intellectually rich and possibly to spread assets across different economy zone,as the word solution is mentioned then a some magnitude of problem on type n akin to Uganda crises in next 30 year may crop us.
MHI has in farmans have said to jamats in USA to make it their permanent home n those in Canada to make it country.
Has MHI said something similar to African jamat in recent past ?

2) Mhi used the words Spiritual Father as his status.It just does not end as in 'mummy/pappa ka pyar'.
This word it true meaning and status and also to know the absolute truth that only entity in Universe can claim that.
This words can fully pushed by Itreb n Alwaez n scholars.
In future this status compares to same as Holy Father as called by Jesus christ. The follower mistook this as physical relations.
In year ahead with extreme polarisation of West n Islam.
The world would be looking for Sane voice from Ummah and ahead Ummah would be looking for sane and divine voice.
This must be explored to its core and Zahurat could be two Imams away.
mazharshah

Post by mazharshah »

nuseri wrote:To Kmaherali:.
Ya ALI madad.
I did have spat with you because of the serpent quote of .
Rumi.
I respect you as a wise member with great scholastic grasp.
A beautiful message above one with the leaders of India
I stand vindicated with my debates in my JK members.
I remember at I was trying to explain the baatin of ' My dear spiritual children'
They joking taunted me he call himself as Imam ,why do I imply to know n call him at our SPIRITUAL FATHER.
I told them in frustration n grumpily one day ALI will call himself as Spiritual father.
I see that today in this blessed posting.
The significance of this status of his indicates that most jamat in India have his haqiqat status samaj
My apologies in my posting little harsh.It was to you towrite exact words of farman n translation in future.
Just wrong meaning of two words of Imam E mubeen.has changed the fate of 90% in the Ummah.
I did that so when you qoute or translate Ali's word,you as blessed soul does come under his wrath of wronging the words.
Ali bless you and your family.

Where there is wet, there is slippery. Serpent keep creeping in your mind to unbalance you.
In KIM, MSMS said," Read books of Mowlana Rumi and Shah Shams Tabriz so that you should come to know which is the right path".
Let me quote a couplet of Rumi to enlighten you.

MON CHU(N) ISMAILIYANEM BI HAZER
BALKEY ISMAILI AZADEM ZE SAR

Translation; I am like a fearless Ismaili ( not afraid of any one), but I feel myself as a free ( liberal ) Ismaili.
There is a message for Jamaits through Indian delegation;" ATTEND JK REGULARLY. REMEMBER ALLAH THROUGH OUT THE DAY".
Admin

Post by Admin »

Tabriz may have said that he is a fearless Ismaili but Rumi was not Ismaili according to Sultan Muhammad Shah.

So either you have made a mistake "quoting" or rather misquoting Rumi or whatever explanation you will have, I don't dounbt you have many explanations for this misquote.
tret

Post by tret »

This is the verse from Masnavi [of Rumi]. Slight correction:

Man Chu Ismaili-e-yanamm be hazar
Bal chu Ismail Azaadam ze sarr

من چو اسماعیلیانم بی‌حذر
بل چو اسمعیل آزادم ز سر

Humble Translation:
I am fearless as "Ismai'lies"
But, I am liberated as "Isma'il"

Admin: Please refer to "People" section where I explained how Rumi could have been Ismaili and functioning as "one of the Hujjats of Night" of 12 Jazayer. This is explained in Wajh-e-Din of Nasir Khusraw.

This should be noted that at the time of Imam Shamsuddin Mohammad, Imamate was in concealment [Dawr-e-Satrr]. Rumi was contemporary to Imam Shamsuddin Mohammad. There are even claims that Shams-e-Tabriz was our very own Imam Shamsuddin Mohammad, but some disagrees on that. However, everyone agrees that Shams-e-Tabriz was an Ismaili.
nuseri

Post by nuseri »

Ya Ali Madad:
Point noted n thanks.
Attend jamatkhana regularly is a 150 years old story.
Leader only tell what they want us to read.
This was is posted is summary n synopsis by leaders at 5 the level intellectual wave length
vis-a-vis level 7 level.wavelength of ALI.
This remember Ali/god throughout the day is said DEFINATELY with some word.
Even that line is grammatically wrong.
Leader,Alwaez an scholars have screwed up the farman,messages in writing it,translating n understanding it.
The result is slow progress in faith n slow rise of youth disconnect .
This is said as to low attendance of youth.
IMAM in a discreet way has also expressed this option.
There is a farman MOMIM NO DIL EE KHUDHAVANTALLA NO GHAR CHE.
saying: human body is temple of God.
There is hadith.Ali is not confined in four wall etc.
So in our LIVING FAITH.
With virtue of zikr of God,the heart but rather his body becomes JK .
If Mohammed does not come to mountains, the mountains will come to Mohammed, here
The way out is expressed.
Better safe than sorry.
Dua time disconnect is 3x3.5=10.5 minutes in Jk ,while with zikr he/she is in essence n spirit throughout the day.
Solution is sought ????
Why if Mhi makes a farman it can be misread to stop jk,prayers, etc.
Our leaders should consider.
10 small modules of 5 minutes each
Consisting of Dua,tasbih,farman extracts in real Mhi voice,imp n rich ginan n qasidas
In mp3 or other format to be downloaded on mobile fones
This can be done by volunteers while they attend Jk n by giving their phones for downloading.
Alwaez must prepare strong message to tell keep hearing the modules.
THIS IS RECONNECT to faith at higher level in addition or absence of missing prayers.
If this is not done the already disconnect with Jk can lead to total disconnect from Jk and
may be loss of a soul.
our leaders are mini magicians with words of Imam,I assume Kmaherali know that trick.
I wish to know that full line what EXACTLY was said by MHI.
as leaders are school children to be told about age old hidayat of Jk attendende.
This imp message may look general at level 3-5 but but very very important obligation n option of zikr/remeberance IS MORE need for today n reality of youth regularity in JK attendance.
I may be incorrect in analysis, but time will tell that..

AAB HAR MOMIN HOGA ALI KA AASHIQUE
AUR HAR DIL HOGA ALI KA GHAR/JK.

I would like to tell we are a living faith n not dead religion.
This Hidayats tell the story.
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

nuseri wrote:2) Mhi used the words Spiritual Father as his status.It just does not end as in 'mummy/pappa ka pyar'.
MHI speaks different things to different audiences. He may speak differently when speaking to institutional leaders and the Jamat. Pay attention to the Talika message on the 13th of Dec. You will hear Paternal and Maternal loving blessings.
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

nuseri wrote: MHI has in farmans have said to jamats in USA to make it their permanent home n those in Canada to make it country.
Has MHI said something similar to African jamat in recent past ?
MHI made the following Farman in Nairobi May29,2002.

"Many spiritual children in Africa are asking themselves where Africa is going,what confidence they can have in the future, what trust they can place in the availability of opportunity for themselves and future generations.And I want to tell my spiritual children in Kenya, but also whether they are in Uganda, or in Tanzania, or in West Africa, or in
Angola, or in Congo, that I intend to continue to consolidate and grow our institutions in Africa.

This is a firm decision.It is not a decision that has been taken hastily, it has been taken with much reflection. And even in situations such as what we are facing today in Madagascar, even in such situations, the institutions of the Jamat must grow and serve more and more competently the Jamat of Africa.

I also believe that you can look to the international community, the international financial institutions, and conclude that they understand Africa better. And if they understand Africa better, they can serve Africa
better. Therefore, while I am not in a position to say that the future in Africa will be even across the continent, I am in a position to say that I
am convinced that there is a valuable future for the Jamat in Africa for those who wish to continue to live here.
"
nuseri

Post by nuseri »

To kamaherali:ya ALI madad.
1.the mummy pappa ka pyar is a old story.nothing new.
I wish to know how many times MHI from imamat time named himself as Spiritual Father.
I remember ,I send,or Hazard Imam,your Imam.and later the message follows.
Or signed a farman as your,s 'Spiritual Father'.
why has he reminded leaders n jamat of this title/status after 59 years ,maybe?

2. The farman has mentioned overseas financial institutions and those who chose to continue to live.
As Africa is sitting duck for shrewed Indian community to make fast money.
Has he said same words as said in Canada and USA.
I am wondering why Mhi used the word permanent home is USA and make your country in Canada.?
Does it mean that citizens of USA will be looked down low grade citizens in years ahead.
or will the jamat in USA may have more opporutinity call USA or other to call it as it own country as
Equal n valuable citizen?
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

nuseri wrote: Does it mean that citizens of USA will be looked down low grade citizens in years ahead.
or will the jamat in USA may have more opporutinity call USA or other to call it as it own country as
Equal n valuable citizen?
What makes you say that? Is it due to Donald Trumps remarks?
mazharshah

Post by mazharshah »

Admin wrote:Tabriz may have said that he is a fearless Ismaili but Rumi was not Ismaili according to Sultan Muhammad Shah.

So either you have made a mistake "quoting" or rather misquoting Rumi or whatever explanation you will have, I don't dounbt you have many explanations for this misquote.

But he followed Ismaili philosophy and was a follower of an Ismaili spiritual sage. I say, if some one ( Ismaili or non Ismaili ) want to understand Ismailism should read MASNAWI OF RUMI.
nuseri

Post by nuseri »

Ya Ali Madad.
The work of rumi in it's essence looks as an Ismaili work.
Same goes for a Sufi called Guru Nanak ,if you just change the words of satguru,waheguru to Ali ,the gurbani matches with almost 90% with the essence in work of pir n dai.he has reflected the Qur'an beautifully in his Gurbani.
His strike rate is 25 million Sikhs today most of them who are religious n generous.
We need to study the Diwan of Shams Tabrizi rather than other as there is a message glowing of face,same mentioned by Hz Ali Kalam, an Ayat in Quran,and the word used by Mhi recently in Boston.
This Ayat will come in foreplay before Zahurat.
This word was missed by so called dai n Pir who each group is trying to portray.
Essence n destination of Sufis In Islam is Ali,read them.
I feel ShamsB has posted a important message somewhere
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

Some quotes from various Farmans

""Maintain the PRINCIPLES which have built strength in our Jamat around the world, year after year, decade after decade, generation after generation.
*UNITY,
*HELP,
*KINDNESS,
*SUPPORT FOR THOSE WHO ARE IN NEED,
*PATIENCE IN DIFFICULTY.
These are PRINCIPLES which must be upheld and which,I hope,all of you will continue to uphold in this country.""

.....MHI Farman
.....Chicago Illinois USA
.....November 5, 1986

""Let it be clear that we live in PEACE. Let it clear that we are LOYAL to the country of our residence and citizenship. Let it clear that we abide by the LAW. Let it be clear that we wish to have OPEN, WARM and FRIENDLY relations with every community that lives in the country. These are the PRINCIPLES I would like to see REESTABLISHED during this (Siver) Jubilee year.""

.....MHI Farman ::Principles reestablished
.....Vancouver British Columbia Canada
.....July 26,1982

""Respect and uphold the TRADITION of the family, the UNITED family, the family that helps all its members,that seeks to face difficulty together and NOT DIVISIVELY, and remain strong in keeping your families united and happy.""

.....MHI Farman : United Family
.....New York, USA
.....November 10,1986

""I do NOT want division in My Jamat anywhere in the world.""

.....MHI Farman: division
....Toronto Ontario Canada
.....Silver Jubilee Darbar
.....April 26,1983

""Unity is an UNLIMITED source of strength.""

.....MHI Farman::Unity
.....London,UK
.....July 7,1983
nuseri

Post by nuseri »

To Kmaherali:Ya Ali Madad.
The message of hidayat.
The line
Youth drifting.attendJK.remember Allah....
This words as put up is definitely incomplete.
Can you please if possible what were exact words used & said by MHI,
It could means a lot going forward for Jamat.
Many many a time even leaders fail to understand between the lines wave length of MHI.
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

nuseri wrote:Youth drifting.attendJK.remember Allah....
This words as put up is definitely incomplete.
Can you please if possible what were exact words used & said by MHI,
I was not present when the Hidayat was given. I have just relayed what came to me. You are of course free to use your own judgment and interpretation.

The following is another one....

Forwarded as received:

The delegation of the UAE/GCC leadership met Mowlana Hazar Imam for review of appointments for institutions as well as Mukhisabeb Kamadisaheb. Mowla Bapa blessed the delegation with the mulaqaat
on Dec 1st and communicated the following guidance.

NOTE - This is the gist of the advice as given out by the GCC President Amiru Thanawalla in his speech at Ismail Centre Dubai on 13th Dec. The essence of his 13 minute speech has been captured as below and should NOT be treated as VERBATIM.

Take care of your health and fitness. Ignore it at your own peril. Exercise is a MUST on a daily basis.
Setup fitness groups such as cycling and walking.

Go for regular COMPLETE BODY health checkups as it is the only way to detect onset of any health issues. The new set of diseases are insidious and can manifest itself anytime. Have ADEQUATE medical
coverage for your entire family.

You should own a house and have your OWN roof over your head.
This should be one of the prime goals.

Go for quality education. Select EXCEPTIONAL & HIGH STANDARD quality educational schools/colleges/institutes of excellent reputation globally or having international standards.

Families are getting smaller and smaller and smaller and age span is increasing.
Hence financial planning and literacy is a must right from early age to create resources
for the person's autumn. Create quality social programs for the elderly and ensure Quality of Life
for their well being.

MHI was also concerned about Quality of Life for the entire Jamat and he wanted the Quality to go
upwards in the North direction.
Exhorted the Council to ensure this is one of their prime goals.

Early Childhood Development is VERY VERY critical and should NOT be ignored at any costs.
It is Mowla's desire that 100% of the target group of our Jamat should get themselves enrolled
for ECD right from age when child is of 12 months; no one should ignore this aspect.

Lead an ethical life. Balance din and duniya. Attend JK regularly.

Build bridges with other communities, pluralism is essential and should be respected.

Parents should also refer to STEP books for an overview of the religious education.
This will also help them stay abreast of what is happening in the lives of their children.

At the conclusion of the mulaqat, MHI praised the efforts of the Council and said -
WELL DONE with a huge smile on his face.

The Council also shared the roadmap for the next term and set the targets which was approved
by Mowla albeit with changes on the targets as he deemed fit.

During the conclusion of the speech, President Amiru Thanawalla thanked all the volunteers
and called himself and his team as the Servant Group (Servant Volunteerism)
of his Jamat whose responsibility, duty and aim is to serve the Jamat unconditionally 24x7.

He also thanked all the youngsters, senior citizens, present Jamat for their support to the Council.

Concluding his speech, he also encouraged Jamati members to contribute ideas and
innovative concepts for smart execution and efficacy of the programs to ensure Mowla's
vision is taken to its logical conclusion with 100% success.
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

Some quotes from various Farmans

(1),(2):MHI Farmans:: Islam;brotherhood,generosity,caring,peace,harmony
Pakistan
October 18,2000

(1)Hunza,Northern areas,Pakistan
October 18,2000

""Remember, Islam is a faith of brotherhood. It is a faith of generosity. It is a faith of caring. And it is important, therefore, that you work with other communities and that they should work with you to improve the quality of your lives, that they improve the quality of their lives, and that there should be peace and harmony and warm affection amongst people in this area and,generally,indeed, throughout Pakistan.""
(2)Gahkooch, Hunza, Northern areas Pakistan
Oct 18,2000

""Since I lastly visited the Northern Areas,there have been changes that have taken place,and I believe that progress has been made,and I think that it is important that the premises on which this progress has been made, should be reconfirmed and that you should recomit to them. First,it is essential that amongst all the communities in the Northern Areas, there should be peace and respect, and I hope my Jamat will go out of its way to build peaceful and cordial relations with all the communities with whom you are in contact. Remember that Islam is a faith of peace. It is a faith of harmony.It is a faith of brotherhood. So practice these principles in everyday life.""

MHI Farman::respect your history,keep the traditions alive in theJamat

MHI. Farman
Hunza,Northern areas,Pakistan
October 18,2000

""My beloved spiritual children,
Since I have last been in Hunza, many changes have occurred,and maybe,you may not know this,but just a few days ago, the restoration of the Baltit Fort gave recognition to the history and people of Hunza due to this extraordinary building,being bestowed with one of the world's leading prizes,for conservation and restoration.

This is a compliment to the history and the people of Hunza. And this gives me the opportunity to say to the people of Hunza, that it is important that you remain true to your traditions, respect your history,keep traditions alive in the Jamat, keep your historic buildings in good care and make sure that your culture and your traditions move forward into the future as the bedrock of continuity in the Jamat in Hunza.

.....MHI. Farman
.....Hunza, Northern areas,Pakistan
.....October 18,2000

MHI Farman:: Longevity (Longevity is getting longer)

MHI. Farman: Longevity (Longevity is getting longer)
Darkhana Jamatkhana
Karachi Pakistan
October 25,2000(P.M.)

""LONGEVITY has increased.But with it,it is important to make sure that the QUALITY of that longevity is what it should be.Not just that individuals and families live longer lives but that they live better lives.This is an important message,an important issue for my Jamat to consider.
What is it that you define as a better quality of lives for yourself, in your work, in your families, in the service which the institutions render. If longevity increases,then plan for the increase. PROTECT YOUR HEALTH BY REGULAR CHECK-UPS. Keep resources or develop resources for FUTURE GENERATIONS of the family. And remember that those future generations in the family are likely to live LONGER THAN YOU DO,because longevity is GETTING LONGER.""

MHI Farman ::Jamat which is at RISK in any part of the world

MHI. Farman ::Jamat which is at RISK
Darkhana Jamatkhana
Karachi Pakistan
October 25,2000(P.M.)

""Every day in life there are issues that must be addressed.And I simply want my. Jamat not to be disappointed that life on our globe is not totally peaceful. We have to have the CAPACITY and the WILL to respond to these issues and to PROTECT, as one BIG BROTHERHOOD around the world, to PROTECT ANY JAMAT which is at RISK in any part of the world. That is what we should be doing as ONE BROTHERHOOD of men and women who work together for the SAME PRINCIPLES.""
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

Quotes from various Farmans

MHI Farman::No Constraints in the Usage of Intellect
Karimabad, Karachi, Pakistan
Navroz
March 21,1989

""Remember that the intellect of man is changing in society, is changing in knowledge, is changing of the understanding of the world in which man lives and if you constrain the intellect of man, you constrain his ability to understand and partake and fulfill, gain fulfillment from the benefit that his faith brings, and if you constrain the intellect of man, you constrain it, to a time and a place and a certain position of society, and Islam is for eternal as it is indeed our belief, our conviction.
And this sustenance (of AKU) is a reaffirmation of the conviction in our tradition that the intellect of man must never be divorced from his faith and must never be constrained in time because that cannot be allowed in our Tariqah.""

MHI::Ethics
Mehmani submitted by European Delegation
Aiglemont, Gouvieux,France
July 8,1999

""There are other aspects of the same issue. There are aspects which concern ethics in life, and it is important that the Jamat should understand what are the traditions of ethics we bring forward from generation to generation into the times in which younger generations will live- ethical principles which keep a community united,which keep them respected in the societies in which they live, which allow them to anchor their concepts not in fashion, but in solid belief in practice which are strong against the influence of fashion , and things of this sort.""

MHI. Farman:: Continuous Education
Dar-es-salaam, Tanzania
July 17,2002

"".....also for good health, unity in your families and success in your education, continuous education,even when you're 90, or a 100, or a 110. Keep educating yourself because the domain of human knowledge is expanding every second, and you must not lose the opportunity to benefit from that knowledge and make it serve you in your lives.Khanavadan.""
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

Farman of Mowlana Sultan Muhammad Shah on the Opening of Batuni Eyes and Ears

Farman No. 17, (Manjevaadi 28-12-1893)

Saari duniyaa ni lijjat thi dur rahey evo rojo raakhey, tou baatuni aankh aney kaan chhe, tey khuley.

Insaan paasey etli kudrat nathi ke maanas ney pedaa kari shakey, pun evi ritey juvey ke jethi, khudaa na bhed aney karaamat ni khabar padey.

Translation:

If a pesron keeps such a fast that he stays aloof from the taste of the entire worldly existence, then his batuni eyes and ears will open.

A human being does not have the capability of creating a man, but he may see in such a manner that he gets to know God's mysteries and wonders.
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

Quotes from various Farmans

MHI Farman:: Zahir is Zahir, Batin is Batin
Leaders of Syrian Jamat
Sheraton Hotel
Damascus Syria
May 8, 1980

""When you return to your homes, I would like you to take back with you My Farman concerning unity, friendship and brotherhood. Keep in mind the Farman that I have sent you, either in writing or this afternoon. Remember also that with regard to the interpretation of our faith, that which is Batin is Batin, that which is Zahir is Zahir. Remember that this is fundamental. And this is the Farman which I have given you today. And I wish that there should be no confusion.""

MHI Farman: Knowedge and Wisdom Sharing
Reliant Center
Houston Texas USA
June 24, 2002

""I am looking into the future and I am relying, I am relying on the Jamat of the United States to share its knowledge, its wisdom, its capacities with your brothers and sisters in other parts of the world. And it is My hope that one day these Jamats will live in peace, that they will live in unity, they will live with genuine hope and trust that their future can be good. And I convey to you for all the help that you have given, My most affectionate loving blessings. Khanavadan.""
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

Farman on Respect and Admiration for the Jamat

My Beloved Spiritual Children,

I would like you to know the happiness I have today upon receiving the material Nazarana and the Nazrana in "Time and Knowledge" and of the marvelous gift that you offered me, which is a text of very, very great importance for us in our great tradition of the interpretation of Islam. I would like to take this occasion to say to my Jamat in the world that the occasion of the Golden Jubilee is an occasion for us to work together to consolidate our institutions, to prepare future generations to come and that the generosity of ` time and knowledge' is absolutely essential because if we want to build institutions of high caliber, we must mobilize all our knowledge from wherever it may come, and in any field because the world is a world in competition.

And I observe during these visits in various countries something which pleases me immensely is that the Jamat is respected, the Jamat is admired. The Jamat is welcomed and everywhere where I go, I am told: bring your Jamats to us. What would please a father more than to hear comments such as these? Imagine the joy which I have! Thus, we must try everywhere in the world to continue to build this understanding of what is a Shia Ismaili Muslim, it is the premise of our Tariqa which must be understood. And I believe that in time, we will see that this Tariqa is respected and understood. And we do not need to explain this, one has only to wait and watch others observe. And you will realize that I myself refuse to explain. And I say to those who would wish that I explain it, see for yourself! To see is much better than to explain. And I believe that we will now start to see the fruits of this labour which you have undertaken over the centuries, to build institutions, an understanding of what is life and faith. I give to each one of you my best blessings so that your wishes are realized and for Mushkil Asaan.
( FARMAN MUBARAK MADE BY MAWLANA HAZAR IMAM, GOLDEN JUBILEE DARBAR – ANTANANARIVO, MADAGASCAR 29TH NOVEMBER 2007)
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

Farmans on the Various Aspects of Knowledge

The farman of this morning is simply to convey to my Jamat in Pakistan but elsewhere also, that there is ahead of us a revolution in human knowledge, and that that revolution in human knowledge must be of benefit, not just to the people in one part of the world, but to the people around the globe. It must be made available to them to improve their quality of lives, and it must be set into moral and ethical parameters which are acceptable to the Islamic World and to our tariqah. That is the future that I look towards and Inshallah, the next generation of the
Jamat will have access to new knowledge which will be a new opportunity to improve your qualities of life, and it is to the younger generation of the
Jamat that I am looking to make this new knowledge available around the world. Khanavadan, Khanavadan, Khanavadan.

FARMAN MUBARAK OF MAWLANA HAZAR IMAM
MADE IN DARKHANA JAMATKHANA, KARACHI, PAKISTAN
ON THE MORNING OF OCTOBER 26, 2000

In the last days, I have in several Farmans, mentioned to you what is the meaning, what is the purpose of education within the Islamic context. And I want to try to relate in this Farman that notion of education in the Islamic context to service for your brothers and sisters. If you have had the good fortune to receive a good education then it means that intellectually you have been privileged. It means that intellectually you have been given access to the wherewithhall to improve your knowledge? What do you do with that knowledge. But the question is how do you use that knowledge? Islam says: use knowledge to learn more about Allah’s creation. That means that you observe society, you observe the universe, all of that is Allah’s creation. And therefore, serve that creation, serve in the context of Islam which teaches generosity, it teaches caring for the weak, it teaches humility, it teaches caring for the weak, it teaches forgiveness. So I hope that as my Jamat gets more and more educated, its service to its institutions and to the Jamat worldwide will grow because that is the proper use of education. It is to put education to the use of people, to the use of society, and not in a mean, selfish manner to the use of oneself only. And I hope that this Farman will be well understood in the Jamat and that in the decades ahead, in Pakistan and everywhere else, this proper use of education will become a pillar, is a pillar, will remain a pillar, will become a stronger pillar for the improvement in the quality of the lives of the Jamat in Pakistan and throughout the world. So my Farman to my spiritual children today is: get education, seek knowledge, but don’t misuse it for a mean purpose. Use it for the purpose which Islam teaches.

Farman of Mowlana Hazar Imam from Pakistan. Following Farman was made in Karachi -Pakistan on Tuesday Oct. 24th, 2000 P.M. Darkhana

The reality of our world is that education, knowledge, is becoming the single most important driving force in human society. Never before in human society has so much good knowledge, mediocre knowledge and bad knowledge been available to people. You, therefore, have to make judgements, careful judgements, as to what knowledge is good, what knowledge is mediocre, and what knowledge is simply not knowledge - it is simply information which is not good for society. Choose wisely, and choose that knowledge in such a way that it can serve the balanced purpose of your lives. Therefore, the knowledge must be drawn, not only from the secular, but also from the spiritual. In seeking knowledge, remember that this knowledge will continue to be increasingly important in your lives. Some societies, which, 25 years ago, accepted a secondary education degree in order to consider themselves an educated society, today require a baccalaureate or even a Masters. This will happen in Pakistan. This will happen throughout the Third World in the decades ahead, and therefore, I say to the young children, young boys and the young girls in the Jamat, use your time, as young people, to educate yourselves. Do not truncate your education. Complete your education. But remember that education in Islam, the best of education, is education which is contained within the ethical principles of our faith.

FARMAN MUBARAK OF MAWLANA HAZAR IMAM

MADE IN KHARADAR JAMATKHANA, KARACHI, PAKISTAN

DATED OCTOBER 24, 2000
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

Quotes From Various Farmans

Avoid Theological Debates

"But I don't want to hear the accusation ever from anybody about who is a Muslim or who is not, because only Allah has the right to judge. So we should not become involved in theological discussions and when others get involved in theological discussions we should tell them that Quran says "Lakum Dinakum Wali Dini You have your faith, and I have mine."

So let us not get involved in theological discussions. Let each community practice its faith in peace. But what we should do is work with every community for specific projects and programmes that would lead to improvement in better quality of life. It means better education, better health, better housing, clean water. These are the things we want for everybody. This is what I want you to concentrate on. I don't want people in Northern Areas fighting each other. Work with everybody for the common good. That is the objective and that is the only way we can achieve results in Northern Areas. If we start fighting in the Northern Areas we come back 25 years, because all our efforts, all our time will be for fighting each other. So I ask you, you have confidence in the Imam. You may have total confidence in the Imam. This is the direction for us to go. Don't get involved in theological debate. Let us work towards the common good, towards common practical good of the people who live there today and their children who will live in future. That is what I want to work for."(Rawalpindi, Pakistan, March 23,1983,To leaders from Northern Areas.)

Importance of Culture

"The Award for Architecture is now part of the Aga Khan Trust for Culture which will be responsible, increasingly in the years ahead, for Sustaining and articulating cultural issues within the Islamic World. And I have taken a decision to do this because it is My deep conviction that it is of the greatest importance for the Jamat world wide and the Ummah world wide that our faith should no longer be presented exclusively in political or in theological terms. And that people should understand who are not Muslims that we have a cultural dimension to our faith and to our society, a dimension which has existed for centuries and which is powerful, which must be sustained and in which all the Murids, whether they are in Muslim countries or non Muslim countries, can live with happiness, with confidence and with pride.(Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.Wednesday, October 12,1988)

MHI Farman: Unity
Chief Jamatkhana
Mombasa Kenya
Dec 14, 1973

"""Live in unity" I do not want division in My Jamat and I warn you that division is the greatest possible weakness.""

MHI Farman: your children will feel as they grow up

MHI Farman
Dar es salaam
Oct 2, 1959

""I have also said to you, and so did My late Grandfather, that there is only one source from which you can take these ideals, these principles, and that is your religion. I am convinced that if you follow the way of some other countries and you discard your religion, you will treat it as something which is of the past, then you will surely come up and run into major failures all along your life. Because though this is not something which you will perceive, it is something which your children will feel as they grow up. If you have faith, if you are able to teach them the principles of your religion, then they will feel it. And often you cannot teach a child his religion by drumming it in his head. He learns just as much by feeling, by interpretation, as by listening to lectures.""

Presence of Institutions Where the Jamat Does Not Reside.

"Thus, I hope that the Golden Jubilee will enable these institutions and activities to strengthen and consolidate themselves, thereby assisting the shift of numerous countries to move to become countries of opportunity. This process needs to be applied to countries not only where the Jamats reside today, but where the Jamat might reside tomorrow. I seek to create areas of opportunity for the Jamat in the largest number of countries where there is a probability that the Jamat might want to reside." (11th July, 2007)

MHI Farman: ethics
Farman to Youths
Nairobi Kenya
Oct 13,1959

""There is only one warning I have,which is a warning which anyone of My predecessors would have given His spiritual children at a time of change. You cannot, if you want to keep your values, change everything. The values, the principles, the morals must remain and I know and I have seen in Jamats that they do remain.

I wish for you that you should have the best of both the worlds, the moral world and the physical world. That, I want to assure you, that today, if you abandon one of the two, you will make it impossible for your children and for the oncoming generations to live in the sort of times they will face.

.....our foundations -and these are foundations which most of you will have learnt about and will know about, which have gone on for centuries and centuries - the basic ethics, will remain the same.""
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

Quotes From Various Farmans

MHI Farman:He(Imam) always seeks to return the happiness to you when you make the Imam happy and you abide by His Farman.
Rawalpindi, Pakistan
March 30, 1979

""Yesterday, when My wife and I arrived, we found the leaders of the Jamat at the airport and My Jamats had abided by My instructions to My leaders that I do not wish that the Jamats should come to the airport. And I am most happy to see that My Jamats had fulfilled the Imam's instructions. And because you had fulfilled the Imam's instructions, when President Merchant placed a request for Didar on your behalf, I said that My Jamats have made Me happy, very happy, and therefore I will willingly come and give Didar to My Jamats.

I would like My spiritual children to remember that when you fulfill the Farman of the Imam, you make the Imam happy and He always seeks to return the happiness to you when you make the Imam happy and you abide by His Farman.
This visit to Pakistan is very short. It is a private visit to call on the President and I take this occasion to thank the President for all the courtesy and the kindness which has been extended to My wife and to Me.
This evening by going directly from having given you all Didar, My wife and I will go to the airport and we will be making a long journey to return to France.""

MHI Farman: take that as an example
Pacific Coliseum
Vancouver British Columbia
November 16, 1978

""The Mukhi has asked that when I return to Vancouver, I should seek to bring My children with Me, My physical children. If it is possible for Me to do so, I wish you to know that I will bring them but I will not let them use that as an excuse to stay away from school; so My spiritual children here, those who are parents amongst you, take that as an example. No excuse is good enough to stay away from school.""

MHI Farman : first permanent Jamatkhana in Canada and on this continent.
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
November 18, 1978

""My beloved spiritual children,
It is a very, very happy day for My wife and I to have been able to come to Winnipeg to see My Jamat and I want to congratulate you for the excellent arrangements that you have made, for the decoration of the Jamatkhana and just to tell you that this is the first permanent Jamatkhana that I have entered in Canada on this journey. So this, for My Winnipeg Jamat, is as they say on this continent, quote - unquote, " a first ".

MHI Farman: Khuda Hafiz
Olympia Hall
London, U.K.
September 7, 1979

""It is time for My wife and Me to say to the Jamat of Britain Khuda Hafiz but you know that in fact at all times your Imam is with you and you are with Him and you are in His heart and in His thoughts and in His prayers. And though this may be a time of physical parting, I would not wish it to be a time of sadness for My spiritual children because you have made My wife and Me deeply happy. When My children make Me happy, then they should also be happy. This has been a very happy visit and I want My spiritual children of the United Kingdom to know the admiration I have for you,for the work you have done and for the way in which you have organized this visit.""

MHI Farman: I used to participate in Dandiya Raas
National Exhibition Hall
Birmingham, United Kingdom
September 4, 1979

""My President tells Me that there is a program organized for the Jamat now here in this hall; and I would like that you should rejoice like I have rejoiced being with you, that you should be happy and as you know I have an official function and that function should be orderly and well disciplined.

While you are rejoicing, I will be thinking of you. Many years ago, I used to participate in Dandiya Raas; now I don't think it is possible any more, but many of you are young and I hope you will enjoy yourselves.""
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

Quotes from Various Farmans

Subject: MHI Farman: Imam never gives guidance about voting

""First of all, in the months ahead, you will be called upon as citizens of Pakistan, to exercise your duties to elect a new Government for this country. You know that each one of you must vote according to the dictates of his conscience. This is a matter on which the Imam never gives guidance. But one thing is essential, that this process of election should take place peacefully, and I, therefore, emphasize that I wish My spiritual children of Chittagong, and for that matter all throughout Pakistan, to observe the greatest discipline and the greatest order in the process of these elections which will take place later this year.""

.....MHI Farman
.....Chittagong
.....January 30, 1970

Subject: MHI Farman:Any form of racialism is detestable

MHI Farman: Any form of racialism is detestable.It is fundamentally opposed to the concept of the brotherhood of man, which is the brotherhood of Islam.

Alexandra Palace
London, United Kingdom
August 3, 1969

MHI Farman:(2)I used to come to Jamatkhana and participate in Dandia Raas Myself
New York, U.S.A.
November 11, 1986

""I know this evening you will be having Dandia Raas. And when I was much younger, much younger, I used to come to Jamatkhana and participate in Damdia - Raas Myself. But tonight it is unfortunately impossible, because I have an engagement. But I would like you to know that while you will be having Dandia - Raas, I will be with you, participating in your happiness, in your joy, and I hope that that happiness and that joy will be with you always.""

.....MHI Farman
.....New York, U.S.A.
.....November 11, 1986
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

Quotes from Various Farmans

MHI Farman: My deepest conviction that this is a passing phase; it is not a permanent misperception.
London, UK
July 5, 1983

""And for those who settle here, I would like to emphasize that it is absolutely fundamental that you should remain strong on the path of our faith, of our Tariqah. And I say this because at the present time there is substantial misperception in much of the Western World about Islam. And I do not want that My Jamat should be concerned by this misperception because it is My deepest conviction that this is a passing phase; it is not a permanent misperception. And each one, by remaining strong on the path of our faith, can contribute to correcting the misperception about Islam generally in the Western World. And remember that there is nothing fundamentally different, between - nothing fundamentally contradictory, nothing which creates conflict - between the Christian world and the Muslim world. And the emphasize that particularly as I want to draw your attention to the meaning of Ahl al-Kitab, the People of the Book, that is, of Allah's revelation to man, through His prophets, and through the last prophet, Prophet Muhammad. It is essential, therefore, that My young Jamat newly settled in the Western World should build upon strong foundations.

MHI. Farman: Islam is a faith, it is not a political party, it is not a political attitude, it is not a social philosophy, it is not an economic philosophy. It is a faith which each individual practices.
.....Colinie Hill
.....New York, USA
.....June 14, 1983 (Silver jubilee)

"".....but remember that Islam is a faith, it is not a political party, it is not a political attitude, it is not a social philosophy, it is not an economic philosophy. It is a faith which each individual practices. And it is not to be associated with modern movements in the Developing World whose origins are totally different from the basic premises of Islam and therefore if the perception in the Western World of Islam is one which is erroneous, let us stand up to that error, let us correct that error, but let us not make the mistake of finding differences where they do not exist, and between Christianity, Islam and Judaism, the principles of monotheism which is fundamental to Islam is absolutely clear and cannot in any way be discussed, debated or challenged. ""

Subject: MHI Farman: Islam was not revealed in the name of politicalphilosophy

MHI Farman: but do not mistake this interpretation for the truth, do not believe that political movements can be assimilated with Islam. Islam was not revealed in the name of political philosophy
O'Hara Exposition center
Chicago Illinois USA
June 13, 1983 (Silver jubilee)

"".....and therefore on the contrary there is every reason to be strong, to be outspoken and to be courageous in your response to questions of faith but do not mistake this interpretation for the truth, do not believe that political movements can be assimilated with Islam. Islam was not revealed in the name of political philosophy and if the Western World seeks to present Islam at times within a political garb, remain strong in your explanations, in your understanding, in your conviction that Islam is a faith not a political philosophy and therefore your first premise in living in the Western World is if there is nothing in conflict between the faith of the Western World which is primarily Christianity and the faith of Islam."

MHI Farman: magnifying glass
O'Hare Exposition Center
Chicago Illinois U.S.A.
June. 13, 1983(Silver Jubilee)

"".....gratitude for the lovely gifts which you have offered us on the occasion of My Silver Jubilee and just to give you an example of how well you have chosen the gifts that you have offered, there is a magnifying glass that was offered to Me by Zul (Alijah Dr Zul Esmail) and just yesterday while I was traveling I asked for a magnifying glass so I wanted you to know this, I do not want My to offer important gifts in terms of size but the intelligence, the thought with which you have chosen these gifts really have given Me and My wife and My children the greatest happiness, I think also that I saw a high tech game for My children and this is simply confirmation that you are living in an advanced society and even the children must gain happiness from this. ""
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

GENERAL FARMANS TO STUDENTS IN WESTERN COUNTRIES

MHI Farman: much depends on the integrity with which you look to that future
Mulaqat with students
Edmonton Alberta Canada
April 24, 1983 (Silver Jubilee)

""I hope that today I will have been able to give My Jamat, My student Jamat a sense of direction as well as a sense of confidence in your future. I strongly believe in your future, I strongly believe that you can make a success of it, but much depends on the integrity with which you look to that future. There are areas where you can benefit and benefit substantially from education in the Industrialized World and living in the Industrialized World. But there are areas of compromise, that it is My advice that you should lay aside and on the contrary encourage the Industrialized World to understand our precepts of life and what Islam says because I think that much has to be learned. And I am convinced that this is true not only of the Ismaili Tariqah, it's true of all Tariqaha in Islam so long as we do not present to the Western World, political activity in the name of our faith. This is a very important aspect..""

MHI Farman: few hours of service for the Jamat is very, very strong tradition
Mulaqat with students
Vancouver British Columbia Canada
April 22, 1983 (Silver Jubilee)

""There is just one word I want to say to My spiritual children before leaving. I just had a Mulaqat with people whom the leaders of the Jamat here, define as retired leaders. And I want to point out to you that these men and women served in an exemplary manner in many parts of the world. And I hope that their example of service will be an example which My spiritual children throughout the world will follow. I am well aware that the industrialized World calls for commitments which are difficult to fulfill. Your studies keep you busy, your professional lives keep you busy, but where you can, a few hours of service for the Jamat is a very, very strong tradition which I wish to see continued in My Jamat in Canada. Remember that I, too, was a student in the industrialized World, so I have lived through a lot of the considerations and situations, which you have lived through. And, I know that ice hockey is fun, skiing is fun, that the television is fun, that movies are fun, etc. etc., but ultimately a constant sense of direction is going to serve you well and serve the Jamat. Khanavadan.""

MHI Farman : in the years ahead you will find actually happening
Mulaqat with students

April 22,1983(Silver Jubilee)

"".....and remember the principles that guide your lives must be principles which are part of our faith, part of our attitude to life and on those areas there can be no compromise simply because you are living in the Western World. It is My belief that on the contrary, the Western World will substantially benefit from exposure to a better understanding of our concepts of life, and I think that in the years ahead you will find that actually happening.""

MHI Farman : sense of direction and a personal commitment
Mulaqat with students

""I think it is important to underline, that this freedom has a concomitant necessity which is individual responsibility, a sense of direction and a sense of direction which each individual must find for himself or herself in their lives. That sense of direction is perhaps the single most important factor to enable you to benefit in the most extreme, in the most substantial manner of western education. This is a commitment which is a personal commitment. Your families cannot take it for you, your friends cannot take it for you, only each one of you individually can take that commitment, and I hope that My Jamat will have the wisdom and the personal courage to make that commitment and to remain constant to that commitment. Because I think that you will find that as you grow up and you develop in your professions or your activities, that will be a tremendous source of strength for you and ultimately for your families and as you grow up, for your children.""

Subject: MHI Farman: motivation can only come from each one of youindividually

MHI Farman
Mulaqat with students

""There has been a tradition in the Jamat to attach importance to education; it is something which My grandfather has insisted upon and which I have insisted upon also.
I believe it will be very important for you not only to go through the educational process in the Western World but to seek excellence and that motivation can only come from each one of you individually.""
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

AS RECEIVED:

Subject: Fw: Gist of M. Talib's presentation
>
>
> > Sharing Herewith some notes on the
> > presentation at Meadowvale JK
> >
> > Imamat does not want Syrian to leave Syria - this is
> > government activity and not imamat.. Imam has given
> > 200 million to help issues in Syria.
> >
> > Shift in diversity and values in our jamat.
> >
> > As we establish ourselves we accept the value of our
> > environment.
> >
> > Adopt not accept.
> >
> > Jamat has been individualistic. Need to stand above.
> >
> > Loosening of community bonds.
> >
> > Objectives are poverty elimination, jamati health, and
> > knowledge of our own history.
> >
> > usage of cell phones adults not only kids in jk.
> >
> > Purpose of JK is a place where those who don’t have - have
> > an entitlement over who have.
> >
> > 2400 families in canada (not including seniors) living
> > poverty line (under $40,000 family income)
> >
> >
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

Farman on Bad Social Habits

March 10, 1997

Kampala

My beloved spiritual children,

There are, as society evolves, good and less good habits. This has been part of human history. It is not part of human history exclusively at the end of the twentieth century. In making choices in life, remember that you build not only for yourselves, but you build for future generations of your family. What you leave to those future generations, should be the wherewithal, the capacity for those future generations to develop themselves happily and successfully.

Don’t bring into your families bad habits. Don’t compromise yourselves and future generations of your families, through these bad habits. And whether it is substance abuse, or alcohol or other forms of bad habits, social bad habits, leave them aside. Make the wise choice, because that wise choice is not one that you make just for yourselves. You make it for the future generations of your families also. So I hope that My Jamat will be wise in making its choices. I am sure it will be. But seek to be wise.

Subject: MHI Farman:not living within the context of our Tariqah.

MHI (BK) Farman
Calgary Alberta Canada
November 17,1978

""In our Tariqah, Baitul Khayal is not obligatory. Du'a is obligatory. Any spiritual child, who doesn't perform his Du'a regularly, is not living within the context of our Tariqah.""

Subject: MHI Farman:strong institutions are pillars

MHI Farman:
Paris,France
July 9,1983

"" And strong institutions are pillars on which to bring...to build a strong Jamat.""

Subject: MHI Farman:(faith),full and complete understanding

MHI Farman: full and complete understanding
Chicago Illinois USA
November 5, 1986

""Let Me begin by saying that the regular practice of your faith, its full and complete understanding, is a matter essential to your future and to the future of the Jamat, to the future of your unity, to the future of your individual happiness, and your individual peace.""

Subject: MHI Farman:: Personal search & initiative

MHI Farman:his own initiative
Houston Texas USA
Mulaqat with students
November 8, 1986

"".....but I want to remind you that our Tariqah is not only exoteric, it is also esoteric .That means that each individual who practices our faith can,through his own initiative, his own search, seek for happiness.""

Subject: MHI Farman:: Change for better .That is My objective.

MHI Farman:: Change for better. That is My objective.
Rawalpindi, Pakistan
Leaders from Northern Areas
March 23, 1983

""Look at your plants, your children, they grow up, they change so you have to accept change and I accept change. But I always want to see change for better. That is My objective.""