Soul

Discussion on doctrinal issues
Admin

Soul

Post by Admin »

Here is an interesting question from one visitor of this site.

AS RECEIVED

My name is R. K. from India, i am 22 yr old.

My Question:

Does after death soul have any sense or realization about it self and soul
can hear/see/feel their surround things and other souls and can talk with
other souls and can stay together in between sky and paradise till the day
of judgment ?

For example, if i want to stay with my dearest in after life also is it
possible for endless time ? can we stay together here after also with
realization of each other with sense?

i will be very thank full to you if you please provide me this answer
please/

Thank you.
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

There is a very interesting explanation of what happens to the soul when it departs this world in an article meant to console the bereaved. It can be accessed at:

http://www.ismaili.net/html/modules.php ... 1&start=30

After reading the article you may post further questions if you have any.
agakhani_1

Post by agakhani_1 »

Does after death soul have any sense or realization about it self and soul
Yes, the deceased person does have sense he/she can see what is going on around his/her dead body! he even try to enter in it! many researcher believes that after death many deceased persons mostly relatives comes and try to take him/her with them.
FYI:- there are many stages of deceased souls, its depend which stage they will stay its all depends on dead person good and bad deeds.

if i want to stay with my dearest in after life also is it
possible for endless time ?
It is possible but who will choose to stay with their dearest! the souls of such person wondering here and there! we call them ghost!! and they can not achieve salvation pretty soon.
We Ismaili should thing to reach till' asal ma wasal" NOT WONDERING HERE AND THERE!
. so many souls doesn't prefer to stay in earthly atmosphere after death.

If you like to know more what happens after the death I can suggest you few books please let me know.
Thanks for those readers who e-mailed me and urged me to join this forum again! thank you all and also special thanks to Admin who reinstate my old account.
ismaili103

Post by ismaili103 »

Ashraf Bhai is that you.....Yaa Ali Madad

Thanks for joining this forum again :)
agakhani_1

Post by agakhani_1 »

yes
keshvaniricky

Post by keshvaniricky »

Mawla Ali Madad,

Thank you for your support and as you provided it will be better for me if provide by authentic ans for below questions from hazar imam farman or from Quran sharif.

I read from paris topic from above link Hazar imam said " When you come, you can meet with your daughter " and soul will realize each others as siblings as Imam is father and mother. Aameen.

But, soul can know each others like I MEAN BY SOUL CONSCIOUSNESS,

1) if my grandfather is in spiritual world one day when i go there, will i able to feel/realize that this soul is my grandfather ? can talk with him?

2) As there was mention, All souls came to jamat khana and do bandagi and "can realize if their family member are in difficulty and pray to imam for mushkil aashan" so, soul can realize about it family of world it means it may have feeling for them ? so every individual soul can have feeling for each others in positive way ? does it conscious about other souls and its dearest and its family members soul? can live together there with blesses ?

3) As i read from above post, there is written we should hope for "asal ma wasal".
but what is exactly it is ? we reach till noor of allah(swt) with some fix proximity and having sense of nearest ? or any other means? As mention in Quran on the day of judgment there will be calculation of all souls deed.

Note: i can be wrong at any point, so please correct and sorry.
agakhani_1

Post by agakhani_1 »

so every individual soul can have feeling for each others in positive way ?
Nobodies wrong I am glad you put your own thinking and it is nothing wrong in it.

Off course they have feeling they know each others, if you want to see your grandfather then, yes! you can see him, he can also see you but because of souls does not have physical bodies I do not think you can talk with him like we human being are talking on earth! may be I am wrong but I believes that souls does have feeling! because.
After the death souls enter in Astral Bodies, astral body has same shape like we have on earth! !

As I wrote above that souls choose their own levels, the bottom levels are for bad souls and upper levels are for good souls!! nobodies knows how many stages are there? and which soul will go on which stage? but one think is sure that: Man makes for himself his own purgatory and heaven, and these are not planes, but states of consciousness. Hell does not exist; it is only a figment of the theological imagination; but a man who lives foolishly may make for himself a very unpleasant and long enduring purgatory.

There are good and bad souls, good souls also goes their religious places like mosque, temple JK, bad soul lives very close to earthly atmosphere and always try to enter in human bodies to fulfilled their own worldly desired! which they used to do when they were live. We calls these kind souls as a ghost.
Some Good souls take rebirth for betterment of human beings. yes there is reincarnation in souls.

As per the farmans of SMS "MOMAN NE TO ASAL MA WASAL THAVA NU JU SOCHVU JOIYE" "Swarg eto Ghoda no tabelo chhe"
Asal ma wasal means to join in the noor of Allah, its also called Fanafillah! Moksha in HIndi and Gujarati starvation in English
so as per farmans of SMS we have to think to join in the noor of Allah and that is the reasons all souls are created! souls are eternal it never dies till it join in Allah's noor, after that nothing.

I, am not quranic scholar but I have collected 23 ayas which tells us births after death!! Ismailis also believe in day of judgement but there is a question how Allah will get together all deceased persons on the day of Qayama!!??
keshvaniricky

Post by keshvaniricky »

i think if god wants he can bring everyone at same time, i think.

And if soul reach till "Asal ma wassal" or other word you used for sdame state, in this state the soul exist individually to feel that join or connection, every soul will have individual feel for this eternal peace?
swamidada_2

Post by swamidada_2 »

Body is vehicle.
Soul is gasoline (petrol)/electric battery.
Brain is steering wheel.
Body and brain will not work properly without current of soul.
For some reason current of soul is stopped due to some reason, the body and brain will not function.
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

Good analogy. Thanks!
swamidada_2

Post by swamidada_2 »

Does God Has a soul?
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

MSMS in his Memoirs calls God the Universal Soul...

Excerpts:

Thus man's soul has never been left without a specially inspired messenger from the soul that sustains, embraces and is the universe.

Once man has thus comprehended the essence of existence, there remains for him the duty, since he knows the absolute value of his own soul, of making for himself a direct path which will constantly lead his individual soul to and bind it with the universal Soul of which the Universe as much of it as we perceive with our limited visions one of the infinite manifestations.
swamidada_2

Post by swamidada_2 »

kmaherali wrote:MSMS in his Memoirs calls God the Universal Soul...

Excerpts:

Thus man's soul has never been left without a specially inspired messenger from the soul that sustains, embraces and is the universe.

Once man has thus comprehended the essence of existence, there remains for him the duty, since he knows the absolute value of his own soul, of making for himself a direct path which will constantly lead his individual soul to and bind it with the universal Soul of which the Universe as much of it as we perceive with our limited visions one of the infinite manifestations.
But Universal Intellect and Universal Soul are creation of Allah.
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

swamidada wrote: But Universal Intellect and Universal Soul are creation of Allah.
Not according to MSMS in his Memoirs. He is quite consistent in this. He further states:

Islamic doctrine goes further than the other great religions, for it proclaims the presence of the soul, perhaps minute but nevertheless existing in an embryonic state, in all existence in matter, in animals, trees, and space itself. Every individual, every molecule, every atom has its own spiritual relationship with the All-Powerful Soul of God.

http://www.ismaili.net/Source/0016b.html
swamidada_2

Post by swamidada_2 »

kmaherali wrote:
swamidada wrote: But Universal Intellect and Universal Soul are creation of Allah.
Not according to MSMS in his Memoirs. He is quite consistent in this. He further states:

Islamic doctrine goes further than the other great religions, for it proclaims the presence of the soul, perhaps minute but nevertheless existing in an embryonic state, in all existence in matter, in animals, trees, and space itself. Every individual, every molecule, every atom has its own spiritual relationship with the All-Powerful Soul of God.

http://www.ismaili.net/Source/0016b.html
In Dacca, Dec 5,1964, during Farman Hazar Imam explained,".....But what I would like you to remember is one particular part of an Ayat of in the Quran, which says 'KHAKAQ-KUM MIN NAFSIN WAHIDATIN', He created you, you in dual, it refers to man and woman, from one soul. This means that ALLAH has made you from one soul only, and He divided you into man and woman.
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

swamidada wrote: In Dacca, Dec 5,1964, during Farman Hazar Imam explained,".....But what I would like you to remember is one particular part of an Ayat of in the Quran, which says 'KHAKAQ-KUM MIN NAFSIN WAHIDATIN', He created you, you in dual, it refers to man and woman, from one soul. This means that ALLAH has made you from one soul only, and He divided you into man and woman.
Yes From Him we have come and to Him shall we return.

Hence we were all one soul of God and will return to that soul.
swamidada_2

Post by swamidada_2 »

kmaherali wrote:
swamidada wrote: In Dacca, Dec 5,1964, during Farman Hazar Imam explained,".....But what I would like you to remember is one particular part of an Ayat of in the Quran, which says 'KHAKAQ-KUM MIN NAFSIN WAHIDATIN', He created you, you in dual, it refers to man and woman, from one soul. This means that ALLAH has made you from one soul only, and He divided you into man and woman.
Yes From Him we have come and to Him shall we return.

Hence we were all one soul of God and will return to that soul.
You mentioned an Ayat from Surah Baqarah. RAJIUUN means return, return to original abode, it does not mean to merge with ALLAH. Literally 'inna lillahi' means 'indeed we are for Allah' and does not mean other way. In eternity Allah asked souls after CREATING 'AL LASTU BI RABIKUM'.
Is NAFS and SOUL same?
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

swamidada wrote: You mentioned an Ayat from Surah Baqarah. RAJIUUN means return, return to original abode, it does not mean to merge with ALLAH. Literally 'inna lillahi' means 'indeed we are for Allah' and does not mean other way. In eternity Allah asked souls after CREATING 'AL LASTU BI RABIKUM'.
Is NAFS and SOUL same?
So what is the original abode if different than allah?
swamidada_2

Post by swamidada_2 »

kmaherali wrote:
swamidada wrote: You mentioned an Ayat from Surah Baqarah. RAJIUUN means return, return to original abode, it does not mean to merge with ALLAH. Literally 'inna lillahi' means 'indeed we are for Allah' and does not mean other way. In eternity Allah asked souls after CREATING 'AL LASTU BI RABIKUM'.
Is NAFS and SOUL same?
So what is the original abode if different than allah?
Please ponder on this Quranic Ayat;
And [mention] when your Lord took from the children of Adam - from their loins - their descendants and made them testify of themselves, [saying to them], "Am I not your Lord?" They said, "Yes, we have testified." [This] - lest you should say on the day of Resurrection, "Indeed, we were of this unaware." 7/172

Allah is beyond imagination. Nirinjin is beyond imagination. God has no abode JEN(N)EY RUNG NEY RUUP NAHI
NAHI KUCHH NAAM NA THAAM RE

Allah is Subhan, pure. the sinner souls will stain His purity. God is creator and souls are creation. According to Quranic Ayat above, it is clear souls are creation of Lord, their abode is Universal Soul.
You did not shed light; Is soul and nafs are same.
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

swamidada wrote: Please ponder on this Quranic Ayat;

And [mention] when your Lord took from the children of Adam - from their loins - their descendants and made them testify of themselves, [saying to them], "Am I not your Lord?" They said, "Yes, we have testified." [This] - lest you should say on the day of Resurrection, "Indeed, we were of this unaware." 7/172

Allah is beyond imagination. Nirinjin is beyond imagination. God has no abode JEN(N)EY RUNG NEY RUUP NAHI

Allah is Subhan, pure. the sinner souls will stain His purity. God is creator and souls are creation. According to Quranic Ayat above, it is clear souls are creation of Lord, their abode is Universal Soul.
The Quranic Ayat that we recite upon a death of the person is:

INNA LILLAHI WA INNA ILAYHI RAJI’UN

“SURELY WE BELONG TO GOD AND TO HIM WE RETURN” — HOLY QUR’AN, 2:156

Most believers accept the above as meaning the obvious. We come form God and return to Him.

There is a hadith Qudsi which states: I was a hidden trasure and wished to be known, hence I created

From the above verse, it is clear that knowing God by becoming God is the purpose of creation.

According to the definition provided by wikepedia

Nafs is an Arabic word occurring in the Quran, literally meaning "self", and has been translated as "psyche", "ego" or "soul"

The important point is that it is dynamic and not static and it evolves from being in an animal state to the higher state of divinity.
swamidada_2

Post by swamidada_2 »

Human body comprises of many lower souls which finally becomes a one unit. In human being first comes the vegetative soul, which exists in a drop of sperm, followed by animal soul, then human soul and finally speaking soul, and intellect. Comments and discussion welcomed.
swamidada_2

Post by swamidada_2 »

kmaherali wrote:
swamidada wrote: Please ponder on this Quranic Ayat;

The Quranic Ayat that we recite upon a death of the person is:

INNA LILLAHI WA INNA ILAYHI RAJI’UN

“SURELY WE BELONG TO GOD AND TO HIM WE RETURN” — HOLY QUR’AN, 2:156

Most believers accept the above as meaning the obvious. We come form God and return to Him.

There is a hadith Qudsi which states: I was a hidden trasure and wished to be known, hence I created

From the above verse, it is clear that knowing God by becoming God is the purpose of creation.

According to the definition provided by wikepedia

Nafs is an Arabic word occurring in the Quran, literally meaning "self", and has been translated as "psyche", "ego" or "soul"

The important point is that it is dynamic and not static and it evolves from being in an animal state to the higher state of divinity.
You skipped the Quranic Ayat 7/172. You wrote," There is a hadith Qudsi which states: I was a hidden trasure and wished to be known, hence I created....". Question is why God wanted to be known and be praised? Did He felt Himself lonely or sad or depressed in primordial time? He created human beings which started killing each other from time of Adam till today. The experience is, he who praise the Lord most and do ibadat is in more trouble than mischief mongers.

No doubt, every one and every thing will return to God. Soul, dust, garbage and so on. But human souls will be housed in a spiritual warehouse.

You wrote," According to the definition provided by wikepedia,
Nafs is an Arabic word occurring in the Quran, literally meaning "self", and has been translated as "psyche", "ego" or "soul". You did not give your opinion whether Nafs and Soul are same thing. There are 3 levels of Nafs.
Nafs e Ammarah
Nafs e Lawwamah
Nafs e Mutmai'nnah
To which level soul belongs to?
swamidada_2

Post by swamidada_2 »

Allah says in Quran:

MA KHALQUKUM WA LA BA'SUKUM ILLA KA NAFSIN WAHIDATIN. INNALLAH SAMEE'UM BASEER. 31/28

Your creation and your resurrection will not be but as that of a single soul. Indeed, Allah is all Hearing and Seeing. 31/28

There are many names of Supreme or Universal Soul. One of them is Nafsun Wahidatun, in which all souls are gathered together. In the Nafs e Wahidah from one aspect, all human souls were created simultaneously and they will be resurrected simultaneously. Universal Soul is Soul of Souls.
swamidada_2

Post by swamidada_2 »

And Allah has made for you, from that which He has created, shadows and has made for you from the mountains, shelters and has made for you GARMENTS which protect you from the heat and GARMENTS which protect you from (violent) weapons. Thus He complete His favor upon you that you may submit [to Him]. 16/81

It is interesting to note, Allah has made garments which protect from immense heat and weapons of mass destruction (as I understand). So far science has not invented such kind of garments or shields for protection. One has to think and ponder what kind of these garments are? There is wisdom in Allah's words. Every one has right to interpret. What I understand is that substance of these garments is different from elements of earth. This is celestial substance. Allah is mentioning about celestial bodies or subtle bodies. Which will survive even in radiation or from weapons of mass destruction. These are kind of spiritual shirts or garments for momins.
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

swamidada wrote: No doubt, every one and every thing will return to God. Soul, dust, garbage and so on. But human souls will be housed in a spiritual warehouse.

Nafs is an Arabic word occurring in the Quran, literally meaning "self", and has been translated as "psyche", "ego" or "soul". You did not give your opinion whether Nafs and Soul are same thing. There are 3 levels of Nafs.
Nafs e Ammarah
Nafs e Lawwamah
Nafs e Mutmai'nnah
At least you agree that we all return to Allah.

MSMS in his last two paragraphs of his Memoirs defines our essential divine nature in terms of a spark which needs to develop into union with God.

I can only say to everyone who reads this book that it is my profound conviction that man must never ignore and leave untended and undeveloped that spark of the Divine which is in him. The way to personal fulfillment, to individual reconciliation with the Universe that is about us, is comparatively easy for anyone who firmly and sincerely believes, as I do, that Divine Grace has given man in his own heart the possibilities of illumination and of union with Reality. It is, however, far more important to attempt to offer some hope of spiritual sustenance to those many who, in this age in which the capacity of faith is nonexistent in the majority, long for something beyond themselves, even if it seems second-best. For them there is the possibility of finding strength of the spirit, comfort and happiness in contemplation of the infinite variety and beauty of the Universe.

Life in the ultimate analysis has taught me one enduring lesson. The subject should always disappear in the object. In our ordinary affections one for another, in our daily work with hand or brain, most of us discover soon enough that any lasting satisfaction, any contentment that we can achieve, is the result of forgetting self, of merging subject with object in a harmony that is of body, mind and spirit. And in the highest realms of consciousness all who believe in a Higher Being are liberated from all the clogging and hampering bonds of the subjective self in prayer, in rapt meditation upon and in the face of the glorious radiance of eternity, in which all temporal and earthly consciousness is swallowed up and itself becomes the eternal.

To level to which the soul belongs varies depending upon how the spark has developed from vegetative, mineral, animal, human and angelic.
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

swamidada wrote:And Allah has made for you, from that which He has created, shadows and has made for you from the mountains, shelters and has made for you GARMENTS which protect you from the heat and GARMENTS which protect you from (violent) weapons. Thus He complete His favor upon you that you may submit [to Him]. 16/81
There are verses from the Ginan: Vali vali nar manhi maanhu ramshe at:

http://www.ismaili.net/heritage/node/3942

Ginaan-naa fal kevaa milse - ke ho 8

Nur dehi nur kapaddaa lehese - ke ho 9

Which translate as:

What will be the fruits of those who have attained Ginanic understanding?

They will have bodies of light and garments of light.
swamidada_2

Post by swamidada_2 »

kmaherali wrote:
swamidada wrote:And Allah has made for you, from that which He has created, shadows and has made for you from the mountains, shelters and has made for you GARMENTS which protect you from the heat and GARMENTS which protect you from (violent) weapons. Thus He complete His favor upon you that you may submit [to Him]. 16/81
There are verses from the Ginan: Vali vali nar manhi maanhu ramshe at:

http://www.ismaili.net/heritage/node/3942

Ginaan-naa fal kevaa milse - ke ho 8

Nur dehi nur kapaddaa lehese - ke ho 9

Which translate as:

What will be the fruits of those who have attained Ginanic understanding?

They will have bodies of light and garments of light.
Appreciate if you can post complete Ginan and name of the Pir.
swamidada_2

Post by swamidada_2 »

kmaherali wrote:
swamidada wrote: No doubt, every one and every thing will return to God. Soul, dust, garbage and so on. But human souls will be housed in a spiritual warehouse.

Nafs e Ammarah
Nafs e Lawwamah
Nafs e Mutmai'nnah
At least you agree that we all return to Allah.

MSMS in his last two paragraphs of his Memoirs defines our essential divine nature in terms of a spark which needs to develop into union with God.

I can only say to everyone who reads this book that it is my profound conviction that man must never ignore and leave untended and undeveloped that spark of the Divine which is in him. The way to personal fulfillment, to individual reconciliation with the Universe that is about us, is comparatively easy for anyone who firmly and sincerely believes, as I do, that Divine Grace has given man in his own heart the possibilities of illumination and of union with Reality. It is, however, far more important to attempt to offer some hope of spiritual sustenance to those many who, in this age in which the capacity of faith is nonexistent in the majority, long for something beyond themselves, even if it seems second-best. For them there is the possibility of finding strength of the spirit, comfort and happiness in contemplation of the infinite variety and beauty of the Universe.

Life in the ultimate analysis has taught me one enduring lesson. The subject should always disappear in the object. In our ordinary affections one for another, in our daily work with hand or brain, most of us discover soon enough that any lasting satisfaction, any contentment that we can achieve, is the result of forgetting self, of merging subject with object in a harmony that is of body, mind and spirit. And in the highest realms of consciousness all who believe in a Higher Being are liberated from all the clogging and hampering bonds of the subjective self in prayer, in rapt meditation upon and in the face of the glorious radiance of eternity, in which all temporal and earthly consciousness is swallowed up and itself becomes the eternal.

To level to which the soul belongs varies depending upon how the spark has developed from vegetative, mineral, animal, human and angelic.
In Memoirs both paragraphs are important but I wander MSMS wrote;
".....comparatively easy for anyone who firmly and sincerely believes, as I do, that Divine Grace has given man in his own heart the possibilities of illumination and of union with Reality". I wander Imam mentioned 'as I do' means he received spiritual illumination AND had union with Reality!

The subject should disappear in Object. No doubt that should be the goal of a momin. But how many achieved this goal of disappearing in the object. In the words of MSMS, '... there were very few like Hazrat Essa, Pir Shams, Pir Sadardin, Al Hillaj...'. What about billions of astray souls?

Why God put souls into KASHTT (difficulty), Why He sent souls in ASFALA SAAFILEEN! Let me quote a poem by Ibn e Sina about soul separation.

QASIDAT AL NAFS (Poem on the Soul) by Ibn e Sina (Avicenna)

1. There came down to you from the highest plain an ash grey dove endowed with pride and defiance.

2. Veiled from every strange eye she being the one who bared her face and wore no veil.

3. She reached you under compulsion, yet perhaps she is loath to be separated from you, having experienced distress.

4. She was disdainful, unaccustomed , but when she continued she got used to ruin and the wasteland.

5. I think she forgot her aeons in the sanctuary and her high stations, yet she was unhappy with her separation.

6. So that when her haa of her hubut (falling down) from the mim of her markaz (central position) she arrived at the wide plain.

7. The tha of the thaqeel (heavy) was joined to her , and she came to her senses between landmarks and the low traces of the camp.

8. She weeps when she recalls her aeons in the sanctuary with tear ducts flowing, and when she pecks up.

17. Then her fall, no doubt, was a necessary blow for her to become attentive again to what she was inattentive to.

18. And for her to become knowing again of every mystery in the two worlds, her tears being unmended.

19, She was the one whose way time served so that she has set at the very place of dawning.

20. It is as though she were lightening flashing in the sanctuary, then it disappeared as if it had not lit up.

In this above 'Poem on the Soul', Ibn e Sina portrays all earthly human souls as in temporary exile from heaven. Symbolically he explains soul as a 'dove' separated from her origin and sent in this material world. Separation (judai) is very painful, it can be explained as Pir said, "JEM JAL VINA MACHHALI TARFAREY". Is God cruel he sent innocent souls for hardships? Is He like a cruel mother threw her child in front of running train!

Night of dark fear of and wave and whirlpool in this manner dreadful
where know condition of us light burdens of shores
Hafiz
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

swamidada wrote: Appreciate if you can post complete Ginan and name of the Pir.
I posted the link to the Ginan. However I have posted the traslation of the whole Ginan at:

http://www.ismaili.net/html/modules.php ... highlight=
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

swamidada wrote: In Memoirs both paragraphs are important but I wander MSMS wrote;
".....comparatively easy for anyone who firmly and sincerely believes, as I do, that Divine Grace has given man in his own heart the possibilities of illumination and of union with Reality". I wander Imam mentioned 'as I do' means he received spiritual illumination AND had union with Reality!
'as I do' in this context means that the Imam himself sincerely believes
that Divine Grace has given man in his own heart the possibilities of illumination and of union with Reality.