Share small ismaili stories
Admin

1962 Garden Mehmani - Mukhi Maherali of Uchh Sharif

Post by Admin »

Imam e Zaman: Shah Karim Hazar Imam.

Place: Garden Jamatkana,

Karachi,

Pakistan

It was year 1962 Mawla was about 25 years old. He was at Garden Jamat khana for the religious ceremony called mehmani. Mehmani is a religious ceremony where murids get to do the offerings to the Imame Zaman on an individual basis. Normally each family is asked by the leadership to not ask any personal questions to Hazar Imam due to shortage of time. But sometimes if the family has some serious emergent issue in life they courageously present to the Imam and he always responds with the answer and guidance, no matter how much pressed on time.

There was a long line of momins waiting to be blessed in person by Hazar Imam. The line was moving at a steady space. Suddenly the moving line stopped. One family presented themselves to Mawla. The name as introduced by the leader to Hazar Imam was Mukhi Maherali valid Mukhi late Noor-Ilahi –Uchh sharif. Yes, he was the Mukhi of Uchh Sharif

The same place which has a great historical importance in the history of our Peers. Peer Saderdin and Peer Hasan Kabirdin have been buried in this place. Now the Mukhi of UCHH Sharif had encountered a tragedy in his life and he was very worried. He believed that meeting with Imam will most certainly resolve all his troubles and tribulations. As has always been taught in the ginans by Peers that all "zanzal" meaning troubles come to an end by Hazar Imam's deedar.

He came in Mehmani with his mother and brothers. As soon as they reach Mawla's huzur, the Mukhi was overwhelmed with emotions and he started weeping. The family was very religious and had great faith in Imam. His heart was singing the ginan:

"Tuj veena koi awar na dise, Swami amne chhhe tamaro aadhar.".
Meaning: Mawla you are my only reliance. I have no other help
I am all alone without you, please be my savior.

Mukhi, what is the matter?" asked the Imam
Mukhi was sobbing, unable to reply.
Mukhi what's the problem?" Mawla asked once again.
Khudavind you have the light to know everything" he replied in Urdu
"Yes I have the light but you still say it to me." Imam said kindly.
Mawla you are aware of everything, I have no other support but you. Who else do I go to?"
He looked in total submission to Mawla. Imam's face became serious and concerned.

Here the big line of murids was waiting patiently as Hazar Imam was trying to figure out the problem of this Mukhi who was unable to describe or talk about the tragedy he was facing.
After a few seconds Imam asked one more time with love and kindness "what is the matter, can you talk?" Once again the same answer from the MUKHI
"Mawla you have the light and knowledge of all matters"
"So the Police have been able to catch the criminal who killed your father so far?" asked Mawla gently
"No Khudavind"
"And now they are putting the blame on you for your father's murder?"
"Yes Khudavind"
"And they are going to convict you?"
"Yes Khudavind"
"So what do YOU want me to do?" asked Imam.
"Mawla You know it better" Mukhi said in total submission relying only on Hazar Imam.
"If you say I can call governor so that no one troubles you unnecessarily until they find the criminal"

Now the incident was as follows:
Few burglars had entered their house and killed mukhi's father who was a very old man. The old man Mukhi Noor ILAHI was a very prominent Mukhi of his time. He was alone at home when few burglars entered the house killed the helpless old man without any mercy and took away lot of stuff and money. In the morning when the family discovered the crime among who was his son Mukhi Maherali they promptly reported it to the police. Police department however was inefficient and unable to find the criminal for almost a month
To hide their own short comings the investigator came up with a false accusation of son being the possible murderer of his father for greed of inheritance so they charged the current MAHERALI MUKHI. as a possible suspect

This was a very tragic situation for the Mukhi. He did not know what to do. The justice system in third world country can be sometimes very corrupt and unjust. Criminals enjoy freedom and innocent can be in jail for years. The Mukhi was a straightforward religious man he was devastated with the ordeal. He began his Giriyajari tasbih and intense prayers and fortunately got the opportunity of the mehmani.

Hazar imam said "You go to the governor; he will take care of you Mawla do not know any governor. "You are the governor of all the governors" Mukhi said humbly

Mowla smiled at this remark. Mukhi was still weeping like a kid. "Mukhi Please stop crying your father's killer will be caught very soon Late Mukhi Noor Ilahi is in my presence. His soul is with me and he is very happy" Hazar Imam said.
"Aameen Khudavind" responded Mukhi.
"Mukhi, your enemy is my enemy, your father's killer is going to be caught very soon, In fact as I speak to you he has been already caught by the police" said Mawla very confidently.
It was precisely one o'clock in the afternoon then. The Mukhi, his old mother and other members of the family felt relieved when Mawla said this. Mawla gave lots blessings to all of them.

The family was really fortunate to have so much of grace of Hazar Imam bestowed on them Then everyone went to their temporary residence. a big burden was removed. They had the dinner and for the first time felt at ease. At night when they reached the temporary residence there was a message waiting, from the head of the police dept informing that his father's killer was caught. The Mukhi felt very grateful to Mawla. He was overwhelmed with a feeling of great sukhrana. Mowla had really helped him very promptly just like prophet Mohammad was helped by Hazrat Ali when he recited Nade Ali prayer, when battle of Khyber was not getting anywhere.
Even before the Nade Ali call was completed, Hazrat Ali came at speed of the light to help Nabi to conquer the fort of Khyber. He said "labbaek" and came on his dul dul horse from Medina to help the prophet and the battle was won.

It was the same Noor of ALI which is passed on to each Imam of the time in a hereditary manner called by "nass" Is manifest in Hazar Imam and has the same capability as Hazrat Ali.

Mukhi Maherali went back to his place Ouchh Sharif next day morning. The police reported that the criminal snatched a man's gun and ran and tried to hide in a masjid and was caught by the police exactly at about one pm on previous day. Same time as Mawla reported.

The burglar was caught by the police and later recovered all the stuff he had stolen. He confessed he had stolen all that from Mukhi Ilahi's house and that time he had killed the Mukhi.
The killer was taken to justice and punished.

In 1973, there were big floods in Sindh, Punjab. Many villages were wiped out. Thousands of people were adversely affected by the enormous damage. At that time Mukhi Maherali of Uchh sharif did a great job. He worked day and night to help the people suffering from the disaster. He saved a lot of individuals by pulling them out of deep waters.

Imam Shah Karim Al-Huseini sent a detailed message to the jamats of Pakistan regarding this disaster. He had thanked all the volunteers who had helped in this crisis; in that letter he had specially thanked mukhi Maherali.

About 12 lines were devoted to his bravery and good deeds These were handwritten lines by Mowlana hazar Imam.

This is the true marvel of the Imam. And such devoted are Mawla's true momins! Mawla is always with them.

From Gujrati book: Shahe Zaman ni Sunder Vaato (Page 1 to 1icon_cool. gif
Author: Sairab Abu Turabi
English translation:
English translation: Dolly Chandani M.D.
Los Angeles,
a_27826

Post by a_27826 »

The Mukhi was a straightforward religious man he was devastated with the ordeal. He began his Giriyajari tasbih and intense prayers and fortunately got the opportunity of the mehmani.
so, what does this story teach us?

Prayers in absence of the Imam physically does not help?

or

was Mukhi weak in iman?

or what?
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

a_27826 wrote:
The Mukhi was a straightforward religious man he was devastated with the ordeal. He began his Giriyajari tasbih and intense prayers and fortunately got the opportunity of the mehmani.
so, what does this story teach us?

Prayers in absence of the Imam physically does not help?

or

was Mukhi weak in iman?

or what?
Good questions!

I think by way of this incident the Imam was providing the reassurance that he is aware of everything. This fact we can sometimes forget due to the nature of circumstances around us.

The prayers are always heard whether in his physical presence or not. However we all have moments of weakness especially when faced with life threatening circumstances, hence we seek all support that can be available - physical and spiritual.

I am sure that this issue would have been solved regardless of the Imam's physical presence or not. In fact he did not require to intervene physically by contacting the governor which he could have.

Incidences such as these have a very profound impact upon individual lives and serve to strengthen and reinforce the Iman. In fact this experience may have inspired him to render valuable services in 1973.