first article of preamble of Ismaili Constitution

Discussion on doctrinal issues
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

tret wrote: - what are Imam's functions?
MHI in his Moscow Farman said:
"First, let Me remind you, that for all Murids of the Imam, whether they are- from Central Asia, from India, from Pakistan, from the Western World, the fundamental principle is the recognition of the Imam of the Time. It is He who interprets the faith, it is He who guides the Jamat in the interpretation of its faith at any time during its lifetime. It is He who supports the Jamats in various parts of the world, to seek with the Jamats and others, to improve the quality of life of the Murids wherever they may be."

According to the above only one person can be the Imam
tret wrote: - what would be the purpose of these self-realized individuals who attains higher stations?
To live enlightened and exemplary lives.
tret wrote: You are again wrong!
You have been rude for the second time! There is a civil way of expressing your disagreement.

In the Quotes thread you quoted a saying of Hazarat Ali:
“Courtesy costs nothing, but buys everything.”
― Hazrat Ali Ibn Abu-Talib A.S

Do you know what that means?
tret wrote: The Imam is the source of Ta'yid. Hujjat who receives ta'yid from the Imam, and transmits that knowledge through ta'lim [instructions] to common men. Hujjats have spiritual knowledge and understanding, because they receive tay'id from the Imam. Men can not receive ta'yid from individuals who attained higher stations; men can only receive instructions from them.
Who said that? Is this your personal opinion.

MHI has said in his speech:

"The Divine Intellect (Aql Kull) transcends and informs the human intellect."

All self realized persons have access to the Aql Kull and hence they are divinely inspired.
tret wrote: I posted a reply under [People-->Jelaluddin Rumi] I suggest you go check it out. These men of truth, such as Rumi, for example function as Hujjat of "Night" to summon humanity to stright path.
Rumi was NOT a murid of the Imam. He cannot be considered as a hujjat. He did not preach Ismailism and he did not preach the notion of the hereditory Imam.
tret wrote: MSMS said they attained that status, but that does not mean they become like the Imam.
MSMS made a Farman: 'Tame amara jeva thao 'meaning - become like us.
tret wrote: I'd like you to elaborate what do you mean when you say "Imam cannot be available to everyone who seeks this spiritual assistance". Do you mean physically? physically the Imam is not available even to the most Ismailis. Spiritually, Imam is available to the entire humanity. It's the ignorance of mankind who fail to recognize him. So, this argument of yours to say "Imam is not available" is absolutely holds no ground. Look back at history, there are men of truth who found the Imam of their time. It's about one's personal search for truth.
I meant physically not accessible. In the context of the personal search, physical contact is important. The murids are in contact with the Imam through attendance in JK. NHI is present in JK. The Mukhis/Kamadias are his representatives. They conduct the Bayah on his behalf. Guidance in the form of farmans and Ginans are available to murids.

The Imam is NOT available to the entire humanity. The people of other faiths have no notion of the Imam. even when MHI addressed the parliament in Canada, he had to introduce himself!

It is not easy for a non-Ismaili to become a murid. There was an individual who through his personal efforts and search was convinced about the Imamat. However when he formally applied to be a murid he was rejected by the Tariqah Board. He committed suicide!
mazhar

Post by mazhar »

Dear Friends,
Thanks who participated in discussions and enlightened readers with their knowledge. In my very first post dated Dec 30, 2014 I mentioned first article of preamble and discussed Tawheed. I related Tawheed with our holy Du'a and pointed out that the wordings of holy Du'a are not at par with the wordings of du'aguzari after tasbihat. I gave references of part 4rth and particularily part 6th. I requested to understand the meaning of Du'a as per Famaan of MHI and think about the word BI HAQQI USED 5 TIMES
IN OUR DU'A. Also I wrote ," MHI never claimed to be God as per wordings of our holy Du'a." Now I am quoting here some other evidences and proofs in favour of my statements. But first, I shall start with the reference kmaherali gave of Moscow Farmaan, very important. Hazar Imam said," It is He who interprets the faith, it is He who guides the Jamaits in the interpretation of its faith at any time during His life time." That's why I insist obey the Farmaan of MHI.
1. IN 1964, Hazar Imam made a Farmaan at Ismailia Association Karachi Pakistan. He was explaining the meaning of ALIYULLAH in our holy Du'a. Hazar Imam mentioned that IT IS NOT ALI ALLAH BUT IT IS ALIYULLAH which means ALI IS FROM ALLAH.( When we recite our Du'a, we start with Bismillah ir Rahman ir Rahim, and not with Bism i Ali------------)
2. At the time of Imam Hakim bi Amar Allah a group of Ismailis believed Imam Hakim is God. Imam Hakim refuted their claim and distanced away from them. When they did not listen to Farmaan of Imam, He excommunicated them. These people in history are named as DRUZIYAH, and they are still waiting for Imam Hakim to come back & rule.
They are mostly found in Lebonan, Shaam, and Israel.
3. In Dec, 1983 issue of Life magazine an article about Hazar Imam was published at the time of Silver Jublee. The reporter mentioned Hazar Imam as Living God and spokesman of ALLAH. Immediatley there was a clearification from Aiglemont refuting that claim saying," Both of these assertions are not fundamentally erroneous, but of immeasurable offense to muslims everywhere." That complete clearification can be read in the Feb, 1984 issue of Life magazine letters section.
4. Is MHI God of only our community or all humanbeings? Non Ismailis even do not consider Him as Imam.
5. At the time of Fatimid caliphate, did Ismailis prayed / du'a guzari as we do today,"Ya Caliphatul muslimeen or Ya Imam e zamaan ighfer lana---------?" Please read
Du'aim ul Islam by Qadi NOAMAAN, the famous Ismaili jurisprudence book on Ismail faith.
6. Please think about meaning of SALAWAT," ALLAHUMA SAL E ALA MUHAMMAD, WA AAL E MUHAMMAD." meaning," YA ALLAH SHOWER THY BLESSINGS ON MUHAMMAD PBUH AND HIS PROGENY( aal e Muhammad)." Is MHI aal e Muhammad or nor? In last paragraph of first part of Du'a, we say," Allahuma sal e alla Muhammadinil Mustafa wa alla Aliyinil Murtadha, wa allal a'imatil -----------" YA ALLAH shower your blessings on Muhammad Mustafa and shower your blessings on Ali Murtaza and on pure Imams--------"
7. On many occasions and even at time of DEEDAR, MHI has said INSHA ALLAH in front of His followers.
I believe Hazar Imam is bearer of Noor.True Imam is spiritual chief. True Imam has divine powers given by ALLAH. True He is religious Authority. True He has right to interpret the Ismaili faith. True He is Baabullah. True He is wasilla wa zariya. But that does not make him God, and He never claimed to be God.
Admin

Post by Admin »

It is all about interpretation of a batini faith and from the batini level, as has been explained to you many times, you are completely wrong in your interpretation. The question is how does one apply shariati's rule in the interpretation of a batini faith. The answer is simple, it can not be done. As said our Imam, remember these are two roads that will never meet. There is no comon intersection and seeking to find one would be the same as seeking to prove the Usul e Din farman wrong.
tret

Post by tret »

to kmaherali - I am not sure what did I say to offend you? I didn't call you names -- unlike some other members here -- or I didn't insult your beliefs or belittle you. If you are offended, by me saying you are wrong, then trust me the intention was not there to hurt your feelings.
kmaherali wrote: Who said that? Is this your personal opinion.
This is of course my understanding, based on our Ismaili Doctrine of Ta'lim. Individual intellect generally speaking, is in need of instructions. that's the reason Ismailis believe in the presence of the Imam of the time and who's knowledge is transmitted through his Hujjat to the Jama'at. Today, MHI is both the Imam and the Hujjat that's why the guidance of the Imam reaches us directly by His farameen and speeches.

Non-ismailis support your position and say that there's no need for an Imam, because individual souls are capable of realizing the Divine. This is again wrong, according to Ismaili belief. I mean you are most welcome to believe what you want to believe, but you must understand that it's not Ismaili belief.
kmaherali wrote: Rumi was NOT a murid of the Imam. He cannot be considered as a hujjat. He did not preach Ismailism and he did not preach the notion of the hereditory Imam.
Rumi was not murid of the Imam; however, Rumi was murid of a murid of the Imam. Rumi totally submits to Shams, who in turn submits to the Imam of the time. As I said earlier, this realm is the realm of relativity. Though Rumi officially didn't become officially Ismaili, unlike Tusi or Nasir-e-Khusraw, however, he did follow the teachings of Shams who was an Ismaili. Please re-read my post again where I mentioned that Rumi was functioning as Hujjat of "Night". These Hujjats [of Nioght] may not necessarily be officially Ismaili, however, they still summon ummah to stright path, which is the path of truth and of Ismaili. I even referenced a verse from Rumi's Masnavi where he hinted that he is as Ismailis.
kmaherali wrote: I meant physically not accessible. In the context of the personal search, physical contact is important. The murids are in contact with the Imam through attendance in JK. NHI is present in JK. The Mukhis/Kamadias are his representatives. They conduct the Bayah on his behalf. Guidance in the form of farmans and Ginans are available to murids.

The Imam is NOT available to the entire humanity. The people of other faiths have no notion of the Imam. even when MHI addressed the parliament in Canada, he had to introduce himself!

I don't believe physical contact is important at all. Those who see Imam in his physical form are no better than idol worshipers. Imam is available to the entire humanity. It depends on people to search and find him. As I indicated earlier, in history, there are individuals who found the true path, the Imam of the time through personal search and inquiry, such as Tusi, Nasir-e-Khusraw. They were not Ismaili initially; but by personal search and inquiry they eventually found the Imam. Same is true for the entire ummah. It's even now easier today, because MHI is known globally. So, to say Imam is not available to non-ismaili, is not correct!

kmaherali wrote: It is not easy for a non-Ismaili to become a murid. There was an individual who through his personal efforts and search was convinced about the Imamat. However when he formally applied to be a murid he was rejected by the Tariqah Board. He committed suicide!

This is an isolated case. We are talking generally. If one wants to believe in Imam and Imamate, one doesn't need to get the certificate to be identified as Ismaili. What you believe is in your heart. There are individuals within Ismaili who are simply identified as Ismaili, but believe or understand nothing about true Ismaili tariqa. What good would it do? I mean I am not here to pass any judgement on anyone.
fayaz006

Post by fayaz006 »

Mazhar
Even when the imams ruled Egypt only a select few were ever chosen to be converted to Ismailis. Imams ruled as a minority in majority Sunni egypt. There were no mass conversions. Our dua has several meanings and each individual will perceive the inner meanings of the Dua differently. You should read a book called A Scent of Sandalwood: Indo-Ismaili Religious Lyrics. This book has our Gianna translated in the English language. You should get a pretty good understanding of the esoteric philosophy of our faith by reading that book.

Our imam has also mentioned that we should aim to be like mansur al halaj who claimed to be one with God. How do these instructions fit in your world view? Ultimately you cannot reconcile our faith with Sunni shariat they are worlds apart
mazhar

Post by mazhar »

Dear Administration,
In your recent posting on Sat Jan 17,2015, you have mentioned," The question is how does one apply Shariati rule in the interpretation of a batini faith.The answer is simple it can not be done." My question is what you say about this couplet of ginan;
PAHLI MAANO SHARIAT, TARIQAT AOUR HAQIQAT
MAIRIFAT KO MON ME MAR, UTHH JAAG MON MERA
This ginan is sung in almost every jk. On the ladder of ma'rifat the first step is Shariat, you can not jump high to reach ma'rifat, you have to climb step by step. Is Du'a not a Shariati amr.Janaza namaz, Eid namaz, Juma namaz, Ziarat, Majalis, ginans, rituals, are they not Shariati? Without annoying any one; who ever knows Arabic will admit that wordings of Holy Du'a are not matching with the wordings of du'a guzari after tasbihaat. That was my simple question. I quoted Farmaan of MHI, saying.' ALI IS FROM ALLAH'
you have no comment on it. I gave historical fact of Druziah at time of Imam Hakim, you do not want yo talk about that. Mr. Harper is prime minister of Canada, and some one amongst us say," oh, I consider Mr. Harper as God." what can I say? Please do not delete my postings. I am not abusing any one.
mazhar

Post by mazhar »

Dear Fayaz006,
In your posting dated Jan 18, 2015,you wrote," Ultimately you can not reconcile our faith with sunni shariat they are worlds apart."
Fayaz, personally I am not a sunni nor a shia; at time of Prophet Muhammad pbuh these groups did not existed. I am an Ismaili follower of MHI. I am shia in sense because our community belongs to shia sect, but again in shias we are anti shias because of our doctrines. I have been writing about the meaning of our Du'a. Any one who knows Arabic can point out that meaning of Du'a particularily part 6th is not MATCHING with the wordings of du'a guzari after tasbihaat. That was my simple innocent question. The discussion turned to the batiniyat. Your friends/relatives call you with your given name Fayaz and not with any inner meaning of Fayaz. So is the case with Du'a and Du'a guzari. Why we shy to add the word ALLAHUMA in our Du'a guzari when it already exists in our Holy Du'a.In my previous posting I quoted a 1964 Farmaan of Hazar Imam, where He said 'ALI IS FROM ALLAH'.Sorry to say no one wants to comment on that Farmaan on this forum. These are Imam's wordings and are not mine. I gave an example of Druziah, who called Imam Hakim as ALLAH. Imam Hakim refuted that claim and distanced from them. This is a historical fact but no one wants to talk about that, every one is stick to its guns. If some one call current PM of India as 10th Avtaar of Brahma, what can I say, it is a world of free speech. By the way I have studied mostly ginans and read Holy Quran with meaning. Can you tell me which one is higher Quran or ginans, it may start a new discussion, but let it be.
Admin

Post by Admin »

mazhar wrote:Dear Administration, I quoted Farmaan of MHI, saying.' ALI IS FROM ALLAH'
you have no comment on it.
Hazar Imam never said that. You do not have any evidence to support this so please do not invent Farmans.

The 1964 farman says our Faith is based on thousands of years of history. On a shariati level, if you call Ali the body, it comes from Allah, in fact from the Noor of Prophet. But we Ismaili do not consider the body, we see the Light. Imam will talk to different audience according to their level. So?

If "Nabiyullah" means the Prophet of Allah, surely "AliYullah" means the Highest of Allah., certainely not Ali is from Allah.

As far as Imam Hakim's declaration, it is well documented that he declared himself to be the 10th Manifestation of God. We do not need to discuss this in this section, just search the Forum and you will find the info.

As far as Shariat, Tariqat etc.. yes we were in Shariat, we have gone way ahead. This is why our Imam Sultan Muhammad Shah said first we were Muslims and then we have gone one step ahead and we have become Ismailis. Only those who did go one step ahead can pretend to be Ismailis, those who are on Ismaili Tariqah.

Those who stayed back can only pretend to be Muslim
Last edited by Admin on Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
tret

Post by tret »

Dear Mazhar -

Just a comment about Imam being God or not.

I think it's, first of all, important that once defines what do we mean by God. The concept of God, the Transcendent is explained by Ismaili philosophers and theologians during the Fatimid and in accordance to classical Ismaili Doctrine, is that God, the Transcendent is beyond human comprehension. Anything that we [human] with our humanly intellect think of God, it is not. Therefore, it must be double negated to disassociate any kind of attribution to God. i.e. God does not exist, and God does not not-exist. Or God is not merciful, God is not not-merciful. This way we disassociate any possible attribution to God. So, Ismailis actually understand God in its unconditional absoluteness.

Nasir-e-Khusraw in his Knowledge and Liberation refers to group of muslims [I am not sure if they are Ismailis or not?], as "Mimiya" and "Ayiniya". These two words are derived from "Meem" [letter M, in persian] to refer to Prophet Mohammad, and "Ayn" [The letter A or H in persian] refer to H Ali. These group of people believe that Prophet Mohammad or H Ali is God. And Nasir refuted their claim very harshly saying that the Prophet and Imam are disgusted by their claim. And from whom the Prophet and Imam are disgusted, God is disgusted from them as well.

So, to stay on sirat-ul-mustaqim, one must not over-exaggerate the Imam [by referring the Imam as God], and also, one must not under-estimate the Imam [by referring him as an ordinary man].

That's of course my understanding, and I know folks here in this forum don't agree and I am fine with that.
nuseri

Post by nuseri »

To tret: Ya Ali madad.
What is annoying ALI that a person not worth is eating his money(salary/grant) and his half a faith in HIM.
you can only copy paste to your level about sufi from the notes of the dead.
In spite of that
1. you did know proper definition of the words.
2. Sufi can females also.
3. In Ismailsn the recognition of Imam/God comes before self raelization.
4. Rumi did not have any Ismaili faith material.Legacy left by him is the fools swirling dervish as tourist attraction in Konya.
It would be disaster to have non haqiqati ISMAILI as faculty in IIS. they can do some admin work.non haqiqati and non ismaili ON visiting basis can be there.
reading 100% of past data, two products of IIS can only write 50% in that subject reflect poorly of IIS faculty.

my simple request to tralate just one persian qasida with truth for all us.
in is there on youtube sung by Maher Angaiz n as written there composed
by Dai nasir Khusraw.
" MARA HUMJAN A JANAM ALI BUDH."

first pre qualification of a pir/dai is ALI is god n nothing else.
otherwise i can prove them as donkies of the highest class.
They were marfati first than started pirantan or diawa.

There ARE FEW MORE dimension in sufi n sufism, you n Kmaherali try to search n post it.
Reading about ALI you reach nowhere.
meditating,loving n serving ALI can make reach upto him.
What you written on sufi n sufism is 50% valid n sense n 50% junk.

DO NO UNDERMINE ALI AND HIS HAQIQATI FOLLOWERS.
nuseri

Post by nuseri »

To Admin;Ya Ali Madad.
you have just deleted my post made 15 minutes back addressed to for one shallow zahiri ex ismaili.
It is just not fair.
fayaz006

Post by fayaz006 »

Mazhar
You mentioned that anybody who knows Arabic would know of a contradiction between dua and dua guzari. Personally speaking I see no contradiction but then again I look at the dua as a whole.

Now you mentioned Aliullah means Ali is from God. I don't disagree with it but would you agree that aliullah can also mean that Ali is part of God, and Ali is one with God. If you disagree I would like to know why? Also you only have a very superficial knowledge of ismailism. Did you dig deeper into the meaning of ginans to understand our doctrine ?
tret

Post by tret »

fayaz006 wrote:.. would you agree that aliullah can also mean that Ali is part of God, and Ali is one with God. ...
Sorry to interrupt, but here's my take:

Aliullah [or Aliyullah] is comparable and same as saying "Rasulullah". It shows possession or belonging. Rasulullah means Messenger of God or Messenger from God. Similarly, Aliullah [or Aliyullah] means Ali is from God. But in any cases, it doesn't mean Ali is God. Even if we take your version of interpretation that Ali is part of God or Ali is one with God [I am not sure how would you argue that Ali is one with God? Do you mean Ali and God are same?
ismaili103

Post by ismaili103 »

To Mazhar

YAM Mazhar,

Before inventing your own firmans to defend your comments, first you need to know that before Aliyullah it was Ali Sahi Allah niether Ali Allah nor Aliyullah. You need to understand that their is a big difference between Ali Allah and Ali Sahi Allah, Aliyullah is way to behind...,

You said in your previous comment tht you read Ginans and Quran... And your understandings are from both of them which means you belive in Ginan so here is answer for your question which take 7 pages...,

In very first part of Granth Moman Chtamni, Syed Imam Shah says,

1) Eji Aad Nirinjan avtarya,
Teno thanak che aerak khand mahain,
Satguru ay sohi dekhariya,
Te che vaypak nav khand mahain.
Cheto rikhisaro guru kahe sache Satgure aem kahaya.

1) Introduction to the Imam of the time-God manifest,
resides in Iran and He is the One who Satgur(Pir) Introduced you (Momin) to Him.

In Ginan Allah Ek Khasam Sabuka, Pir Saddardin says,

ejee aal alee islaamshaah raajaa, allaah ehee imaam
peer bhanne sadardeen kahet kabeerdeen
mere momaneku(n) bahesht makaan..........illaahee...........17

Mawlana Islamshaah who is the progeny of Aly is the King. Allah is indeed the Imaam.
This is taught by Peer Sadardeen and is stated (confirmed) by Peer Hassan Kabeerdeen
who says: "My momins will have an abode in paradise" (if they follow the Imaams).

Here is the Firman of Imam Sultan Mohammad Shah,

Imam made the Firman,

"There is no one greater than Myself. If you think of God, then it is Myself. If you think of Pir, then too it is Me. If you think about Imam, then too it is Me. And your beloved Master is also Me. There is no one except Myself" ( Wadi Jamaat Khaana March 16, 1902)

You can't rejects firamin of the Imam as an Ismaili :)
agakhani

Post by agakhani »

Same old thing are repeating here, we have already discussed this issue in the thread name "ALI SAHI ALLAH" !! and I gave many farmans of our 46th, 47th and 48th imams which clearly shows that "ALI IS THE ALLAH" to accept those faramins as a solid proof or not its totally up to you but our Imams has mentioned in their faramans that "ALI IS SAHI ALLAH".

Once either in Mumbai or Jungbar few jamati leaders asked MSM to replace that word 'ALIULLAH' to WALIULLAH! according them other Shias and Ishnasharis brothers always take objection for that world 'Aliullah and criticizes Ismailis!. MSM replied them just leave that word as it is, actually they do not have knowledge about Ali's status and if they have that then they would not have object to replace Aliullah word.
Prophet Mohd (PBUH)once told that if all Muslims had knowledge about the position and status (which has been intentionally hidden from Muslims) of H. Ali then they would have started to eat the sands (MITTI) below of his feet wherever H. Ali walked!!! :roll:
zznoor

Post by zznoor »

Agakhani wrote
Prophet Mohd (PBUH)once told that if all Muslims had knowledge about the position and status (which has been intentionally hidden from Muslims) of H. Ali then they would have started to eat the sands (MITTI) below of his feet wherever H. Ali walked!!!
There is no such hadith, please post reference
mazhar

Post by mazhar »

Dear aghakhani,
You quoted in your posting dated Jan 19, 2015," MSM replied them (leaders), just leave that word as it is, actually they do not have knowledge about Ali's status and if they have that then they would not have object to replace Aliullah word." Aghakhani, for your information and all readers of this post, that it was SMS who in 1954 changed the wordings in our new Du'a from Ali sahi Allah to Aliullah. New Du'a was written by Professor Jawad Al musqati by order of SMS, and Imam Him self made changes and than first time it was sent for African Jamaits.
fayaz006

Post by fayaz006 »

Mazhar Imam changing the words from Ali Sahi Allah to Aliullah does not negate the fact the Ali sahi Allah was present in our dua in the past.
mazhar

Post by mazhar »

Dear Tret,
With reference to your posting of Jan 18, 2015, you wrote," So to stay on sirat ul mustaqeem, one must not over exaggerate the Imam ( by reffering the Imam as God), and also one must not under estimate the Imam ( by reffering Him as ordinary man ). I agree with you, but want to add that we Ismailis believe our IMAM as bearer of NOORU- ALLAH, WASILA, ZARIYA, BAABULLAH, ( GATE TO GOD, AS SAID BY IMAM JA'FAR SADIQ), AND THROUGH HIM ONE CAN SEEK COME CLOSER TO ALLAH.
mazhar

Post by mazhar »

Dear Administration,
Please do not delete this crucial posting, thanx.
With reference to your posting against me, dated Jan 18, 2015, I want to clearify few things.If you look at my posting of Jan 1, 2015, I have quoted," I usually use material
already published or printed by IIS, ITREB, Ismailia Associations, Ismaili forums or Heritage site." It is clear so far I have used the material published by our institutions.
With your reference to my quote,'Ali is from Allah', you wrote,"Hazar Imam never said that, you do not have evidence to support this so please do not INVENT FARMANS."
Dear moderator, I never manipulate, distort,twist or invent Farmans.In 1964 at a religious gathering at Karachi Hazar Imam said these words that Ali is from Allah. I have a physical copy of that Farman. This Farman is CLASSIFIED. You can verify with ITREB, Karachi. At that time very few copies were typed and distributed in some officials and missionaries ( the copy I have was provided to me by some one ). In that same sitting Hazar Imam instructed missionaries that they should particularily explain this politely to senior mureeds of jamait without offending them. I am going to quote a complete paragraph of that Farman for all readers of this post. MHI said," Yes, Farman on that was very clear from my grandfather. It was not ALI ALLAH, it was ALI-ULLAH, which has different meaning, which means that ALY IS FROM ALLAH. Don't confuse it.This means that the SPIRIT of ALY and the NOOR of ALY is from ALLAH, and this is the belief which the jamait has; this is the true conception of Noor, so that we can look into this point, alright."
Regarding my quotation about Druziah and Imam Hakim, I have taken this from the book published by ITREB, Karachi in 1980, named Tarikh e A'amai Ismailia. An Ismaili source.
In that same posting you have mentioned," If Nabiyullah means the Prophet of Allah, surely Aliyullah means the highest of allah( highest of who ie is Allah). certainly not Ali is from Allah". Fot that my answer is when you wrote Nabiyullah and Aliyullah; this comes under the rule of Mudhaf ana Mudhaf illeih, according to Arabic grammer. Where one thing is related to other.For example, Kitabullah, means book of Allah( Quran). Now book is related to Allah this does not mean that book it self is Allah.Same grammertical
rule applies to Nabiyullah and Aliyullah. I do believe after ALLAH comes Muhammad and Ali. They have highest darajaat. In the begining of 2nd part of Du'a we recite obey Allah, obey Rasul and obey ullil Amr.
ALI MUHAMMAD SACH KALIMA
TIN BINA MOKISH NAHEY RE.
mazhar

Post by mazhar »

Dear Fayaz,
With reference to you current posting," Imam changing the words from Ali sahi Allah does not negate---------"
Please read my current posting addressed to Administration and you will get the correct concept of ALIULLAH, the explaination by HI.
mazhar

Post by mazhar »

DearIsmaili123,
With reference to your posting dated Jan 19, 2015; you wrote," Before inventing your own Farmans to defend your comments----------"
Please read my current post addressed to Administration and you will get my answer. I do not invent the Farmans. That is HI'S fARMAN.
mazhar

Post by mazhar »

Dear Tret ,
With reference to your posting dated Jan 16, 2015, you wrote,"As you said every one has access to universal divine, how ever without an intercessor one is not capable of apprehending perfection, in our case it is very clear, it is Imam of the time, who has the highest status in the realm of spirituallity." I agree with your above statement but want to add that in Islamic sufism, there is one tariqa whose followers do not have inrecessor and is called ' owaisi tariqa'. This tariqa is related to OWAIS QARNI. They claim to have direct link or connection with Allah. Owais Qarni was born at time of Prophet Muhammad but never met Him, because at that time he was living in Yemen. I have heard about 'Qunia taa Damishque' but have not read it.
Tret you wrote," How ever, we can not claim strictly from Ismaili POV that Shams was the same as the Imam of the time." Our history shows that Shams was not a pir or da'i or hujjat. Shams got the Divine Light from Imam of the time and beamed it on the soul of Rumi.
nuseri

Post by nuseri »

To Mazhar: Ya Ali Madad.

In you first posting a part of kalims it is written n understood by Ummah
Mohammed "u" rasullah.
It mean Mohammed is prophet of Allahn not Mohammed is one of prophets from Allah,second can also stand true as Allah did send many many prophets before him.
if you try tweak the core flagship shahada meaning, the Shariati;s you know what they will do of you.
If the word 'U' in rasulallah mean 'Is' n not 'is from'
in the word Aliullah the wod 'U' mean' is' and not 'is from' .

2. as the word tawhid is mention as 'the tawhid therein ,it precisely means
Tawhid it it totally 'IN' not 'and' or part of it.
you have not explianed what MHI MEANS FOR IT,He has used the word in context for the status of mansoor al hallaj.
can you please combine the part kalima n tawhid as explianed by MHI.
AND GIVE THE FULL N PROPER meaning the sentence in preamble.

3. The so called popular brand name Allah. If it was original name of God.
a) why did iT not appear when mankind came on earth.
b) why many many of prophets did NOT show that name of God
to believers in those times.
c) the word 'Allah' came into verbatim few hundred years before
Quran appeared in Arabia as it is an arabic word and not a universal language word by any chance.

d) what Imam Jaffer Sadiq n Imam Aga ali shah,Imam SMS has said on that word?.
I WANT TO THE POINT reply in few lines.
ismaili103

Post by ismaili103 »

Allah word never mentioned in Quran. The word Ali instead of Allah is mentioned in every Holy books.

In bible whenever God is written the word Most High is always Written with it i.e God the Most High( Ali ).
In torah the word El Elyon is written for God which Means The most High.
In Quran Ali ul Azeem is written.

Imam SultanMohd shah said in one if His Firman that
" at the time of Khalifa usman, Quran is ommited"
It means the word Ali is changed to Allah.

BTW most of muims didn't know that word Sllah is derived from the one of the Idol of the kabbah, That Idol is the the most powerful according to the people of arabia before Islam, so after Islam they give word Allah from That Idol.

Mazhar I again Wrote the firman of Imam Sultan Mohd Shah for you on Ali Allah...

"There is no one greater than Myself. If you think of God, then it is Myself. If you think of Pir, then too it is Me. If you think about Imam, then too it is Me. And your beloved Master is also Me. There is no one except Myself" ( Wadi Jamaat Khaana March 16, 1902)

And I wrote again you cant reject the firman of Imam as an Ismaili.
ismaili103

Post by ismaili103 »

To Mazhar,
If your Quoted firman is correct in which Imam said Its not Ali allah but Aliyullah,

Then, what about that firman which I quoted in which Imam Sultan Mohd Shah openly said that He is God.

Its Matter of Faith,

JEVO TAMARO IMAAN,
TEVI SAHEBJI NI VACHA,

Meaning: Imams firmans, actions all are according to faith of his murids.

At the time of Imam Sultan mohd Shah most had the belive that Imam is Allah thats why Imam openly said that he is God.

Now people donot have that Iman, thats why Imams Firman Are also according to there understanding.
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

tret wrote:Non-ismailis support your position and say that there's no need for an Imam, because individual souls are capable of realizing the Divine. This is again wrong, according to Ismaili belief. I mean you are most welcome to believe what you want to believe, but you must understand that it's not Ismaili belief.
Just to clarify, I said that others can realize the Divine through other great masters whom I consider as Mursheed Kameels as they are like the Imam as alluded in the Farman.
tret wrote: These Hujjats [of Nioght] may not necessarily be officially Ismaili, however, they still summon ummah to stright path, which is the path of truth and of Ismaili. I even referenced a verse from Rumi's Masnavi where he hinted that he is as Ismailis.
So am I correct in interpreting that people can attain the truth without recognising the Imam of the time? Shams perhaps never taught him the Ismaili principles but prepared him to be a master for the non-Ismailis.
tret wrote: I don't believe physical contact is important at all. Those who see Imam in his physical form are no better than idol worshipers. Imam is available to the entire humanity. It depends on people to search and find him. As I indicated earlier, in history, there are individuals who found the true path, the Imam of the time through personal search and inquiry, such as Tusi, Nasir-e-Khusraw. They were not Ismaili initially; but by personal search and inquiry they eventually found the Imam. Same is true for the entire ummah. It's even now easier today, because MHI is known globally. So, to say Imam is not available to non-ismaili, is not correct!
I strongly disagree. Bayah to the Imam is absolutely necessary for one to be called a member of the Jamat. Our constitution states:
'(D) The authority of the Imam in the Ismaili Tariqah is testified by Bay'ah by the murid to the Imam which is the act of acceptance by the murid of the permanent spiritual bond between the Imam and the murid. This allegiance unites all Ismaili Muslims worldwide in their loyalty, devotion and obedience to the Imam within the Islamic concept of universal brotherhood.'

As I indicated to you in my earlier post, the process of Bayah in our Tariqah is very selective. Not everyone who applies gets selected.

Historically the Ismaili Tariqah has never been available on a mass scale, even during the Fatimid period when the Ismaili Caliph was known all over the land. Admission to the tariqah has always been selective and restrictive. Nasir Khusraw and Tusi were exceptions and not the norm.

Hence, as the Imam is generally not available to all, it implies that others can conduct their search through other Masters and will attain the goal as well.
Admin

Post by Admin »

mazhar wrote:New Du'a was written by Professor Jawad Al musqati by order of SMS
However the Syrian jamat says one of theirs was asked by Mowlana Sultan Muhammad Shah to write it and the Imam corrected it also. it is unlikely that it was written by Muscati as Pakistan never recited the new Dua as approved originally by Imam Sultan Muhammad Shah and recited for the first time by his grand son Shah Karim in 1956 before he became Imam. You have to remember that there was an opposition up to 1969 from Pakistan Association to recite as given by the Imam. Read the history of Dua. And though Syria Jamat came under Ismailia association for Pakistan, it was resisting changing the Dua approved by Imam as though Ismailia Association for Pakistan where Muscati was living was the strongest opponent of saying "Lizikrihisujood."

I am disappointed that so many subjects are discussed under what is supposed to be a discussion specific to the Preamble of the Ismaili Constitution and I wonder if so many pages have not been able to interpret the first article, how many centuries it will take to interpret the remaining articles.

On the other side, I am glad that people are writing in such a passionate way about the concept included in the first article of the preamble and are finding so many meanings to it.
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

mazhar wrote:Dear Friends,
Thanks who participated in discussions and enlightened readers with their knowledge. In my very first post dated Dec 30, 2014 I mentioned first article of preamble and discussed Tawheed. I related Tawheed with our holy Du'a and pointed out that the wordings of holy Du'a are not at par with the wordings of du'aguzari after tasbihat. I gave references of part 4rth and particularily part 6th. I requested to understand the meaning of Du'a as per Famaan of MHI and think about the word BI HAQQI USED 5 TIMES IN OUR DU'A..Also I wrote ," MHI never claimed to be God as per wordings of our holy Du'a."
Dear mazhar, thank you for sharing your research with us. As I mentioned to you before Dua has both zaheri and batini interpretations as it is considered as an external document. From the zaheri perspective the Imam is considered as the wasila but from the batini perspective, the Imam is considered as God. This will become apparent in this post later. Therefore if you keep in mind this zaheri/batini duality there is no conflict in the wording of the tasbi. Since Dua is also an external document, MHI can never directly state that he is God in Dua. It is only through the batini manner using one's intellect that one can arrive at that conclusion.
mazhar wrote: Hazar Imam said," It is He who interprets the faith, it is He who guides the Jamaits in the interpretation of its faith at any time during His life time." That's why I insist obey the Farmaan of MHI.
In the same Farman MHI tells us to use our intellects:
"And let Me today remind you also of some of the principles of interpretation which Hazrat Ali Brought to our interpretation of Islam. One of the essential principle that He brought, was that Islam is not a faith only of rote, it is a faith of the intellect, it is a faith of individual search, it is a faith of commitment to others in society. In this intellectual search, Hazrat Ali did not divide faith and intellect."
So it is very important to use your intellect in interpreting the faith.
mazhar wrote: 1. IN 1964, Hazar Imam made a Farmaan at Ismailia Association Karachi Pakistan. He was explaining the meaning of ALIYULLAH in our holy Du'a. Hazar Imam mentioned that IT IS NOT ALI ALLAH BUT IT IS ALIYULLAH which means ALI IS FROM ALLAH.( When we recite our Du'a, we start with Bismillah ir Rahman ir Rahim, and not with Bism i Ali------------)
If Aliyullah is interpreted as 'Ali is from Allah', what is the need of making that statement at all? Aren't we all from Allah. Weren't Hitler and Yazid from Allah as well. So what is so significant or special about saying that 'Ali is from Allah. We might as well remove it!

When MSMS changed Ali Sahi Allah to Aliyullah, does it also imply that he changed himself from Allah? Of course not. The reason for making that change was to change it from an emphatic and exact statement into something ambiguous so that each person can interprete it according to his understanding. Hence if an outsider reads the statement he may consider it as 'Ali is from Allah' and a murid may consider it as 'Ali is Allah'.

In a conversation with a murid which can be referenced at: http://www.ismaili.net/html/modules.php ... opic&t=335
MSMS it is stated:

"The first thing he had told me on his own was, when he was in my surgery in Nairobi, why he had recently modified the original Ismaili Kalma where the Kalma ended with words, “Amirulmominin Ali Sahi Allah” to “Amirulmominin Aliullah”. He told me that some leaders of the sister community had told him unofficially that if he modified the Kalma to “Aliyun Vali Allah”, they would all come into Ismailism. “Aliullah” was the most that he could accept."

Hence from the above statement we can infer that Ali is at least higher than the Wali.
mazhar wrote: 2. At the time of Imam Hakim bi Amar Allah a group of Ismailis believed Imam Hakim is God. Imam Hakim refuted their claim and distanced away from them. When they did not listen to Farmaan of Imam, He excommunicated them. These people in history are named as DRUZIYAH, and they are still waiting for Imam Hakim to come back & rule.
They are mostly found in Lebonan, Shaam, and Israel..
Actually Imam al-Hakim initially accepted the doctrine of him being Divine proposed by the Dais Darazi and Hamza. It is only when they became public about it, that the Imam and the official Dawa distanced themselves from the claim. So the doctrine itself was not wrong, it is only the manner in which it was made public that was inappropriate. MSMS considered the Druze as being Ismailis 1000 years after they had formed as a community. In his Memoirs he writes:
"In the mountainous regions of Syria, for example, are to be found the Druzes, in their fastness in the Jebel Druze. They are really Ismailis who did not originally follow my family in their migration out of Egypt but remained with the memory of my ancestor, AI Hakem, the Fatimite Khalif of Egypt, but they established their doctrines on lines very similar to those of the Syrian Ismailis, who, in present times, are my followers."

So we may deduce from the above that they were not wrong about their doctrine of Hakim as divine.
mazhar wrote: 3. In Dec, 1983 issue of Life magazine an article about Hazar Imam was published at the time of Silver Jublee. The reporter mentioned Hazar Imam as Living God and spokesman of ALLAH. Immediatley there was a clearification from Aiglemont refuting that claim saying," Both of these assertions are not fundamentally erroneous, but of immeasurable offense to muslims everywhere." That complete clearification can be read in the Feb, 1984 issue of Life magazine letters section...
This was a staement made to the whole world including non-Ismailis. The Imam speaks differently to non-Ismailis. As I mentioned before, the Imam speaks according to the capacity of the audience. His murids generally have a fairly good background about the Imam. They say their Dua which contains the main principles, they read Ismaili literature etc. Non Ismailis do not have that background generally hence the Imam cannot make esoteric statements to them.
mazhar wrote: 4. Is MHI God of only our community or all humanbeings? Non Ismailis even do not consider Him as Imam..
If he is God, than he is God for everyone. The difference is whether one recognises him as such or not. Our community recognises him whereas others do not recognise him generally.
mazhar wrote: 5. At the time of Fatimid caliphate, did Ismailis prayed / du'a guzari as we do today,"Ya Caliphatul muslimeen or Ya Imam e zamaan ighfer lana---------?" Please read
The Fatimid period was a Zaheri period where the majority were the Sunnis. That kind pf prayer would not have been appropriate.
mazhar wrote: 6. Please think about meaning of SALAWAT," ALLAHUMA SAL E ALA MUHAMMAD, WA AAL E MUHAMMAD." meaning," YA ALLAH SHOWER THY BLESSINGS ON MUHAMMAD PBUH AND HIS PROGENY( aal e Muhammad)." Is MHI aal e Muhammad or nor? In last paragraph of first part of Du'a, we say," Allahuma sal e alla Muhammadinil Mustafa wa alla Aliyinil Murtadha, wa allal a'imatil -----------" YA ALLAH shower your blessings on Muhammad Mustafa and shower your blessings on Ali Murtaza and on pure Imams--------".
This is in keeping in line with the Salwaats of other Muslim communities. Salwaat is generally considered by non-Ismailis as well.
mazhar wrote: 7. On many occasions and even at time of DEEDAR, MHI has said INSHA ALLAH in front of His followers.
Insha Allah is just a common phrase. In his Farmans he makes reference to Allah. So what? Remember he is both the Pir and the Imam. So he makes these statements as a Pir.
tret

Post by tret »

kmaherali wrote:
mazhar wrote: 4. Is MHI God of only our community or all humanbeings? Non Ismailis even do not consider Him as Imam..
If he is God, than he is God for everyone. The difference is whether one recognises him as such or not. Our community recognises him whereas others do not recognise him generally.
Kmaherali - so if MHI is God of everyone, but others (non ismailies) don't recognize him; then please let us know how is it possible to realize the Divine and become one with IT (according to you)? Is it possible to realize something fully without recognizing it? I am not sure even if it makes sense at all?

Let me clarify. You saId earlier to my respond that even people from other faith can realize the truth, but still not considered ismailies. So please let us know, if according to you MHI is god to everyone including non ismailies, then people like hafiz, rumi and other great sages have they realized that the Imam was their God? If your claim is true, then whoever from other faiths be it sunni asna ahshiria, jew christian hindu realizes the truth must recognize that Imam of the time is their God. There's something that doesn't add up intellectually. I hope you are using your intellect.