Man Samjani

Discussion on ginan meanings, history etc..
ShaheryarLiaquatAli

Man Samjani

Post by ShaheryarLiaquatAli »

man samjani has 500 paaths but only 401 paaths are found. can anyone give me 500 paaths i'll be really thankful to you
Last edited by ShaheryarLiaquatAli on Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ShaheryarLiaquatAli

i want to compile these paaths and want to make a complete giranth please help me
Admin

Post by Admin »

Maybe Mumtaz Ali Tajjdin in Karachi can help you. I know he was translating the whole Man Samjani but I do not know how far he has reached and if he has found the remaining parts. He is one of the rare experts in this field and probably the only one that can find these missing chapters.
ShaheryarLiaquatAli

that's my id shaheryar.liaquatali@gmail.com
plzz tell me to which jk he belongs or contact no. so that i can contact him
agakhani

Post by agakhani »

man samjani has 500 paaths but only 401 paaths are found. can anyone give me 500 paaths i'll be really thankful to you

Very slim hopes brother, because the remaining 99 stanza were never published in Gujarati as long as I know, believe me I also tried to find the remaining stanzas but I was not succeeded last time I heard all 500 stanzas may be available in "Man Samjamani" written in Khojaki.

The Gujarati language publisher of "Man Samajamani" (which I have) wrote in his preface that the condition of the remaining unpublished 99 stanza were so poor that it was very hard to read it properly because the books were written by one Katchi Ismaili in his hand writing and that pages of that books were eaten by termites and torn a part.

But there is a one hope for you as I wrote above it may still available 500 stanzas in Khojaki language so go in Garden JK library and ask the librarian about your query and I think he may help you. Good Luck, let us know about the progress!
Admin

Post by Admin »

Interesting passages in Arabic in the middle of the Granth Man Samjani:

http://www.ismaili.net/html/modules.php ... =9237#9237

Posted by Akberhuda in the above topic
PostPosted: 28 Dec 2005 09:50 pm Post subject: A Ginan in an Arabic

A GINAN IN AN ARABIC TEXT

By: Akbar Abdul Majeed Huda

Actually this is not a whole Ginan but a part of Granth called “Man Samjhani” (vadi) written by Pir Shams.

Man Samjhani (vadi) is a collection of pious thoughts presented in form of stories. It consists of 402 stanzas of 20 lines each, and was compiled by Vimras and Surbhan, two famous followers of Pir Shams.

Part 312 of this granth is mainly in Arabic, its first sixteen lines are in Arabic while the remaining four lines are in Persian. In this Pir Shams signifies the importance of Surah Al-Hamd i.e Surah Al-Fateha, by saying that its recitation is equivalent to the reading of complete Holy Quran a thousand of times.

Likewise part 316 of this Granth is wholly in Persian.

MAN SAMJHANI (VADI) – PART 312

Bismillahi-val-Hamdullialahi

Bismillahi-val-Shukrillahi

Bismillahi-val-Qudratillahi

Bismillahi-val-Neymatillahi

Bismillahi-val-Sultanillahi

Bismillahi-val-Burhanullahi

Bismillahi-val-Fiqrullahi

Bismillahi-val-Khairullahi

Bismillahi-val-Majdullahi

Bismillahi-val-Baqaullahi

Bismillahi-val-Ataullahi

Bismillahi-val-Anaullahi

Bismillahi va billahi

Vala quvat illa
Billahi ali-ul-azeem
Berehmateeka yaa-ar-hamar rahemeen

Re tunhi maara saacha saaeyaan piyu ji tunhi,

Dua Al Hamd aen hast,
Hazaron Quran parhey re,
Aur fayeeda basiyaad darad,
Makkey hazaron Hajj kare re- - -

(The significance & benefits of Surah Alhamd (Fateha) is that like a person who reads Quran thousand times or visited to the Holy Pilgrim (performing Hajj).