Understanding Jamati Opinion.

Activities in your jamats including posting of announcements
ismailiorigins

Understanding Jamati Opinion.

Post by ismailiorigins »

Poll Option Isn't Working Effectively.

That being said;

Do you think Post-R.E.C. classes/discussions should be offered in various Jamat Khana's to instruct and teach those who would like to learn more about the Tariqah?

Yes - The search for understanding and education is a continual, and a perpetual process/Other Reason.

No - Online forum discussions, the Ismaili Institution, and the independent search for values of the faith already help us in the process/Other Reason.

Please feel free to submit your opinions, and recommendations - open discussion.
Admin

Post by Admin »

With due respect to the hundreds of volunteery teachers of REC who give of their time and knowledge, a friend's daughter goes to BUI since almost 9 years and they keep teaching her about Kaba and Mecca. Oh yes, they all know to write "Allah" in Arabic but they do not know how to call Him when they need His help.

They do not even recite Dua while they have BUI during Jk time (even when there is Satado and Student Mijlas, the student are asked to attend REC)

There is Satado going on. Yesterday in Montreal they had BUI. The children were not released to drink Abe Safa, they did not recite their 2 evening Duas in these 3 hours of BUI though it would have taken only few minutes.

So what kind of knowledge are they getting?

Ask few student if they can report the history of one of the 49 Imams? Ask them to name ONE Ismaili hero. You will be surprised not by most of what they learn but what they do not learn.

Here in Canada, the Imam said that you can not teach our Tariqah without first teaching about what is Imamat. There is no such teaching in REC. So the question is: what Tariqah are they teaching and what identity are we building in our kids?
ismailiorigins

Post by ismailiorigins »

That's a great answer, but being an Ismaili student myself - of my last year in REC, I look forward to understanding more about the Tariqah, going as far as attending parent discussions, where even some parents are unable to answer similar (simple) questions that students themselves are unable to answer.

There are Ismaili students, many of them in fact that look forward to learning the Tariqah, but it is unfortunate for example (of course for the older "children") that STEP and such voluntary replacement is being introduced after Seniors and Juniors of my Jamat leave.

I'm happy though, that I have an opportunity to teach the youth of Jamat, as I do after REC. Yet, being a mediocre myself, I would endear seeing educated Ismaili's teaching everyone about the faith who wishes to learn.

Thankyou! More comments are welcome and appreciated to building this forum.
tret

Re: Understanding Jamati Opinion.

Post by tret »

Yes - The search for understanding and education is a continual, and a perpetual process/Other Reason.
This is would certainly be beneficial!

No - Online forum discussions, the Ismaili Institution, and the independent search for values of the faith already help us in the process/Other Reason.
I am sure reliable information can be found digitally at this day and age to a certain degree; but can you provide examples [references] to these sources?