Does Ismailis believes in 'AZAB - E- QABAR?

Discussion on doctrinal issues
agakhani

Does Ismailis believes in 'AZAB - E- QABAR?

Post by agakhani »

Recently I, was reading a good article on the subject of 'AZAB-E-QABAR'
( The punishment in grave) article was very interesting! no doubt about and our great pirs also warned us about these kind grave punishments!, but question arise in mind after reading that article is! ; does Ismailis also believes in 'Azab-e-Qabar' or not? is there any authentic waez, book, farmans on this interesting question?

Actually this is an open question for all participants not Ismailis onlY! so, zznoor ( or anybody else whom I do not know that they are not Ismailis) you can also put your comments even though you have left Ismailism!!.
shiraz.virani

Post by shiraz.virani »

Dunno about that but I definitely believe in

AZAB E IGNORANCE :lol:
tret

Re: Does Ismailis believes in 'AZAB - E- QABAR?

Post by tret »

agakhani wrote:Recently I, was reading a good article on the subject of 'AZAB-E-QABAR'
( The punishment in grave) article was very interesting! no doubt about and our great pirs also warned us about these kind grave punishments!, but question arise in mind after reading that article is! ; does Ismailis also believes in 'Azab-e-Qabar' or not? is there any authentic waez, book, farmans on this interesting question?

Actually this is an open question for all participants not Ismailis onlY! so, zznoor ( or anybody else whom I do not know that they are not Ismailis) you can also put your comments even though you have left Ismailism!!.

Since when did we start believing in body being eternal in hereafter?????
agakhani

Post by agakhani »

Since when did we start believing in body being eternal in hereafter?????
Body is not eternal but human soul are! so forget about body but think about souls but question remain same, how human souls can be punished after death? to feel any kind pains person should be alive!! :lol:
Admin

Post by Admin »

The pain endured by the soul is related to ignorance. Mowlana Sultan Muhamad Shah called it "Bakhabari no gouranj"
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

'Qabar' meaning grave is only symbollic of the hereafter.

In the verse below of Kalame Mowla, there a reference to the enlightenment of the grave.

roshan kar bhaaee kabar teree, ke neet utth namaaz kar beech raen a(n)dheree;
a(n)dheree raen beech namaaz kee-ese, roshan hove sahee kabar teree;
namaaz nafal kar aadhee raatku(n), khudaake been na buje koy;
maulaa farmaave ke kabar teree, ees namaazse sahee roshan hoy...167

Enlighten your grave, brother, wake up always and perform prayers in the middle of the dark night. In the dark night, having performed your prayer, your grave will truly be enlightened. Perform your prayer and servanthood in the middle of the night in such a manner that besides God, nobody else knows. Hazarat Aly(Mawlaa) says that your grave, by such prayer, is truly enlightened.

There is a poem of Rumi about dying....

When I die…

When I die
when my coffin
is being taken out
you must never think
i am missing this world

don’t shed any tears
don’t lament or
feel sorry
i’m not falling
into a monster’s abyss

when you see
my corpse is being carried
don’t cry for my leaving
i’m not leaving
i’m arriving at eternal love

when you leave me
in the grave
don’t say goodbye
remember a grave is
only a curtain
for the paradise behind

you’ll only see me
descending into a grave
now watch me rise
how can there be an end
when the sun sets or
the moon goes down

it looks like the end
it seems like a sunset
but in reality it is a dawn
when the grave locks you up
that is when your soul is freed

have you ever seen
a seed fallen to earth
not rise with a new life
why should you doubt the rise
of a seed named human

have you ever seen
a bucket lowered into a well
coming back empty
why lament for a soul
when it can come back
like Joseph from the well

when for the last time
you close your mouth
your words and soul
will belong to the world of
no place no time

~ RUMI, ghazal number 911,
translated May 18, 1992, by Nader Khalili.
zznoor

Post by zznoor »

For Islamic POV search for

"Torment and blessing in the grave"

Salaam
agakhani

Post by agakhani »

What is your own opinion? No copy or pasting please cuz every one in this forum tired about your this bad habit.

Kbhai,
Thanks for posting Kalam e mowla some verses along with Rumi's poem, however this two opinions doesn't match with each other.
But I agree that grave punishments are a symbolics.
zznoor

Post by zznoor »

According to hadith, the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) used to pray in his salaah (prayer), “Allaahumma inni a’oodhu bika min ‘adhaab il-qabr, wa a’oodhu bika min fitnat il-maseeh il-dajjaal, wa a’oodhu bika min fitnat il-mahyaa wa fitnat il-mamaat, Allaahumma ini a’oodhu bika min al-ma’tham wa’l-maghram (O Allah, I seek refuge in You from the torment of the grave, I seek refuge in You from the tribulation of the Dajjaal, I seek refuge in You from the trials of life and death, O Allaah, I seek refuge in You from sin and loss).”

(Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 798; Muslim, 589)

The relevant point in this hadeeth is that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) used to seek refuge with Allaah from the torment of the grave. This is one of the pieces of evidence that confirm the torment of the grave. No one disputed the torment of the grave apart from the Mu’tazilah and some other groups who are not worth paying attention to.