Trouble Time

Current issues, news and ethics
amiashu

Trouble Time

Post by amiashu »

I need some advice and words of inspiration. I have no meaning to live anymore. Nothing is going right for me. My biggest problem is Debt. Its getting into my head. Sometimes I would have suicidal thoughts. Trust me, that is not the option with Ismailis. I know Hazar Imam is there and he will do better, but i m losing patience. I get calls from people left and right for payments. What should I do here? I m having hard time even come up with the DASOND and rent. Please give me some advice and please don't tell me to talk to someone at council. I am looking for inspiration from my brothers and sisters who have been in this situation. Thank you in advance. May Mawla bless us all. Ameen.
a_27826

Re: Trouble Time

Post by a_27826 »

amiashu wrote:I need some advice and words of inspiration. I have no meaning to live anymore. Nothing is going right for me. My biggest problem is Debt. Its getting into my head. Sometimes I would have suicidal thoughts. Trust me, that is not the option with Ismailis. I know Hazar Imam is there and he will do better, but i m losing patience. I get calls from people left and right for payments. What should I do here? I m having hard time even come up with the DASOND and rent. Please give me some advice and please don't tell me to talk to someone at council. I am looking for inspiration from my brothers and sisters who have been in this situation. Thank you in advance. May Mawla bless us all. Ameen.
obviously you are spending more than what you earn. and that is not right.

if you "spend less than what you earn", then your problems are over.
Admin

Post by Admin »

If you have too many debts, you should consider meeting a financia adviser and maybe file a bankrupcy to be able to start afresh.
shiraz.virani

Post by shiraz.virani »

My friend, 7 years ago I was in the same position as you are...but I never chose to quit on my life...I had a huge debt on my shoulder [being only 21 years old at that time] of which I wasn't even aware of.

When I first came to US, I thought " you know what I'll try and see how things work out...if I like it only then I'll stay and if not I can always go back "

And then my brothers told me that since the debt was huuuuge, lets just split it into 3 parts and so I was stuck with a debt that I did not approve.

The 1st 6 months of my life in US were terrible, I could not think out of the box nor was I getting used to this life...One day my elder brother called me into his office and explained it to me in harsh terms that in this world nobody is gonna help you with your debt BUT YOU.

I spend 3 months working at some gas station and felt as if I was in some prison or doing something I shouldn't, Luckily my elder brother allowed me to come stay with him for few days and I guess it was in my destiny that I met this guy who happened to be my future business partner. Not life partner but BUSINESS PARTNER :lol:

I'am an Indian, People from India and Pakistan always have some hatred against each other, I guess its because of our past but I feel proud when I say this that it was a PAKISTANI who was neither an Ismaili nor a close friend of mine who helped me in these tough times.

Moving along we went into a partnership and 3 years without a days break I worked hard to make sure I get this debt off of my back because not only I was paying the principal but also 2% interest on it which was insane.

It doesn't matter whether you are shia, sunni, wahabi, hindu or whatever.....It doesn't matter how many circles you make around kaaba, or how many deedars you attend. On the day of judgement god will not ask you what did you do for him, HE WILL ASK YOU WHAT DID YOU DO FOR OTHER FELLOW BEINGS

My advice to you my friend would be:

1] Stop and think, the career that you have chosen ..is it worth it ???...Are there any other better options ???

2] Work hard until the goal is met

3] Never forget your past and struggle that you made to reach your goal

4] Have faith and do good :)

It worked for me, I hope and pray that it works for you too