4 Khaans!

Discussion on ginan meanings, history etc..
mehboobmehdi

4 Khaans!

Post by mehboobmehdi »

Yam again!

In our ginans 4 khaans are mentioned that is:

1-Shitage (or Sitej): Growth by fission; multiplication of living cells, ameba, germ, bacteria, etc. In other words, creation from the earth, for example metal, minerals, mountains.
2-Jadage (or Jjrej): Growth from seed or twig such as trees, plants, vegetation. In other words, creation on the earth for example trees, plants.
3-Indage (or Indej): Growth from an egg such as birds, reptiles, fish, etc.
4-Udr-Bhud (or Udhboj): Growth in a womb such as animals and human beings.

Agian is all this to be taken in literal sense?? or are they satges of soul?? does it in anyway resembles to Rumi's saying:

First i was a mountain than i become a tree and than an animal and than a human now where would i go?? ( not the exact words but a very famous saying also mention in SMS farman)

Please do share your thoughts! thank you!
ShamsB

Re: 4 Khaans!

Post by ShamsB »

mehboobmehdi wrote:Yam again!

In our ginans 4 khaans are mentioned that is:

1-Shitage (or Sitej): Growth by fission; multiplication of living cells, ameba, germ, bacteria, etc. In other words, creation from the earth, for example metal, minerals, mountains.
2-Jadage (or Jjrej): Growth from seed or twig such as trees, plants, vegetation. In other words, creation on the earth for example trees, plants.
3-Indage (or Indej): Growth from an egg such as birds, reptiles, fish, etc.
4-Udr-Bhud (or Udhboj): Growth in a womb such as animals and human beings.

Agian is all this to be taken in literal sense?? or are they satges of soul?? does it in anyway resembles to Rumi's saying:

First i was a mountain than i become a tree and than an animal and than a human now where would i go?? ( not the exact words but a very famous saying also mention in SMS farman)

Please do share your thoughts! thank you!
You just answered your own question..

Others may say that these are stages of the soul..but to me these are physical births..the detail is too specific...
Think of it evolution during each stage...the single cell life form, which became a plant, then became an amphibian, a reptile, a mammal..etc...
thus tying into your other question about the rebirths.
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

In my opinion 4 Khaans is another way of expressing diversity of creation and each kind of creation having it's own relationship with the Creator.

Imam Sultan Muhammad Shah expresses this in his memoirs as:

"Islamic doctrine goes further than the other great religions, for it proclaims the presence of the soul, perhaps minute but nevertheless existing in an embryonic state, in all existence in matter, in animals, trees, and space itself. Every individual, every molecule, every atom has its own spiritual relationship with the All-Powerful Soul of God. But men and women, being more highly developed, are immensely more advanced than the infinite number of other beings known to us. Islam acknowledges the existence of angels, of great souls who have developed themselves to the highest possible planes of the human soul and higher, and who are centres of the forces which are scattered throughout the Universe."

From the above statement we can see that man is immensely more advanced than other beings, hence we may rule out evolution due to a huge gap. Man has a choice of being an angel(highest form) or a stone(lowest form). It is all here and now.