Raag for Ginan - Laavo Laavo Ghass Ba(n)dhaavo Trattee

Discussion on ginan meanings, history etc..
topan

Raag for Ginan - Laavo Laavo Ghass Ba(n)dhaavo Trattee

Post by topan »

Hi all,

I am looking for raag of ginan "Laavo Laavo Ghass Ba(n)dhaavo Trattee". If you have audio link or any other ginan which has similar raag, pl let me know. I used to hear this ginan when i was child but not remember the raag now.
atharvedi

Post by atharvedi »

The traditional tune of this ginan is the same tune as 'Satpa(n)th Vahoree Viraa Alagaa Na Rahi-e' but there is also another tune in use or available. I myself learned the other tune and then introduce to the traditional tune.
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

atharvedi wrote:The traditional tune of this ginan is the same tune as 'Satpa(n)th Vahoree Viraa Alagaa Na Rahi-e' but there is also another tune in use or available. I myself learned the other tune and then introduce to the traditional tune.
I don't think this Ginan's raag is related to Satpa(n)th Vahoree Viraa. It is a different raag. I have heard it being recited. It has a repetative phrase or varanni which is not in Satpa(n)th Vahoree Vira....
atharvedi

Post by atharvedi »

Hope you received my email and got your answer.
topan

Post by topan »

atharvedi wrote:Hope you received my email and got your answer.
No i have not recd ur mail.

I asked a senior citizen in JK and she said it well.. Thanks everyone for help.
agakhani

Post by agakhani »

Amir,
I received your e-mail thanks for sending it to me, please keep sending more and more ginans specialy with its meaning, however I do not give more importance to the "ragas "but rather then ragas I give more imporatance to the " ruhaniyats, messages, and hidden meanings in any ginan" that doesn't mean that ragas is not importance in our ginans, ragas are always needed its give you rethem that way you can recite and remember ginan easily but of course I do not like thouse ragas which are usually composed on the bases of Hindi movie tunes and Kawwalis now a days!!!
barkat_ali

Post by barkat_ali »

Please let me know too if any body uploads the recited Ginan Sharee

LAAVO LAAVO GHAAS BA(N)DHAAVO TRATTEE

barkatali<BR>Karachi Pakistan