MHI And Next Imam

Current issues, news and ethics
shiraz.virani

Post by shiraz.virani »

I agree with ShamsB bhai that the very first person who compiled the holy quran in the order it was revealed was Hazrat Imam Ali[as]...and this was testified by various sunni scholars and historians....If you want me to name few :

Suyuti
Al Dhahabi
Al Hindi

and so on

The incident that ShamsB bhai is mentioning is a historical fact !!....Today all shia's and sunni's believe that the holy quran that was compiled by H.Uthman is chronological in order....But again that doesnt mean that the holy quran is corrupt !!

The problem is not the quran or imam e zaman my brothers and sisters....the problem lies in hadiths !!!.....In one hadith you would see quran is complete and sent down by allah[swt] and in other hadith you would see " a sheep chewing on the leaves on which the holy aayat was written"......like seriously ??....The whole confusion within the ummah is caused by this man made hadiths...If we are to follow the holy quran and Imamat [that runs through the nafs] then I dont think we would have any problem

Bottom line !!.....Hazrat Imam Ali[as] was/is the actual and the original interpretor of the holy quran and thats the reason why in one of his sermons he[as] said :

"Ask me before you lose me. By Allah, if you ask me about anything that could happen up to the Day of Judgment, I will tell you about it. Ask me, for, by Allah, you will not be able to ask me a question about anything without my informing you. Ask me about the Book of Allah, for by Allah, there is no verse about which I do not know whether it was sent down at night or during the day, or whether it was revealed on a plain or in a mountain."

Source[sunni] :

Al Tabari
Al Suyuti
Al Barr

Our shia imam and the great teacher Hazrat Imam Al Baqir[as] once said-

"One of the manifestations of their rejecting the Book of Allah behind their backs (Quran 2:101) is that they have fixed its words. But they have altered the limits of its command. They have correctly narrated it, but they do not observe what it says. Ignorant people delight in their preservation of its narration, but the knowledgeable people deplore their ignoring to observe what it says."
agakhani

Post by agakhani »

I agree with ShamsB bhai that the very first person who compiled the holy quran in the order it was revealed was Hazrat Imam Ali[as]...and this was testified by various sunni scholars and historians....If you want me to name few :
Hold on, hold on !!!! let me make sure that I am not sleeping :lol: nope, I am not sleeping but above sentences forced me to make sure whether I am awake or not? or am I dreaming or not? because above sentences has been written by my lovely brother Shiraz which is unbelievable for me !!!!!!???? Don't you agree with me? if not then read Shiraz all posts.
agakhani

Post by agakhani »

Not always true. In thread “Is Quran complete?” in Forum “Doctrine”. Certain Ismaili Brothers have posted Farmans. Perhaps they are trustee of this web site so they are permitted to post farmans.
Yes, some readers does that but not in exact texts or they post full farmans, as long as I concern I don't post any farmans, if needs arise then I put few sentences but not in exact test or full farmans. there are few others like me who don't like to post farmans in this public website and I think ShamsB is one of them.
arlenebatada

Post by arlenebatada »

Every Imam is BORN with the Nur of Imamat. What transfers to the next Imam upon death is the formal authority.

“The Imam is perfect when still in the form of sperm in the loins of his father and the pure womb of his mother. An Imam is always an Imam and always perfect. Otherwise, why should he say, ‘The Imam knows from which drop of sperm the Imam after him will come?’”
– Imam Hasan ‘ala dhikrihi al-salaam (a.s)
(Nasir al-Din Tusi, Rawda-yi Taslim transl. S.J. Badakhchani, The Paradise of Submission, p. 125)

Thus, when one Imam makes Nass for the next Imam – he is merely REVEALING to the people who the next Imam is. From a spiritual point of view, the next Imam is already born an Imam.

“The designation which is made is not in order to make him an Imam; it is only made so that people should recognise him as such – otherwise, from his standpoint and perspective, all such different states are one and the same.”
– Imam Hasan ‘ala dhikrihi al-salaam (a.s)
(Nasir al-Din Tusi, Rawda-yi Taslim transl. S.J. Badakhchani, The Paradise of Submission, p. 123)

This applies to Imam Shah Karim al-Husayni (a.s) as well. The will of Imam Sultan Muhammad Shah (a.s.) was pages long, not just one sentence and it contained matters not just of his succession, but a lot of other instructions like that of property inheritance and other guidelines. Since Imam is the "most perfect being" in this material world, you'll also find perfection in all that he does. So when he writes a will, he does that "perfectly". Moreover, we're ignorant of spiritual status of some of the members of the progeny of an Imam. What we possess is a tiny speck of knowledge, whereas he has access to the entire "city of knowledge". One reason for Imam Sultan Muhammad Shah (a.s.) adopting this manner for mentioning about his successor to the seat of Imamat could be to protect the new Imam. Since we don't know what the Imam knows in his infinite wisdom, we can do nothing, but speculate.

That's why we've always been told:
Eji Ali jina chaltra samoon nav joi ae, Sri satguru ne vachane seva kari ae saar, Jem jem kalikar vadhase monivaro, Tem ali rajo chaltra karshe aapar Cheto.....

Do not look at what Ali does, but obey what He says, for as the times
will change, Ali's actions may be beyond your comprehension
We have other cases where we even have FOUR Imams mentioned at the same time. For example:

Al-Qadi al-Nu’man was among those who had precedence in serving the Imam al-Mahdi bi’llah (a.s) during the later part of his caliphate. He was also the beneficiary of the favours of al-Qa’im bi-Amr Allah (a.s) as were others. Then Imam al-Mahdi bi’llah (a.s) disclosed to him the distinction of his grandson Imam al-Mansur bi’llah (a.s) who was the third of the Imams of the [period of] manifestation. He (al-Nu’man) said: ‘O Commander of the Faithful, three Imams in one age?’ the [number] astounded him. Then Imam al-Mahdi bi’llah (a.s) showed him al-Mu’izz li-Din Allah (a.s) who was a babe in his cradle and said, ‘And this is the fourth of us, O Nu’man!’
(Idris Imad al-Din, Tarikh al-Khulafa al-Fatimiyyin bi’l-Maghrib, transl. Shainool Jiwa, Anthology of Isma‘ili Literature, p. 60)

Another moving account narrated by the Egyptian historian al-Maqrizi. Imam al-Mahdi (a.s) convened a special gathering (majalis) where he brought his son, al-Qa‘im (a.s), his grandson, al-Mansur (a.s), and his great-grandson al-Mu’izz (a.s) into the same room where he covered all of them with a cloak:

One day [Imam] al-Qa’im bi-Amr Allah (a.s), upon him be peace, was in his father [Imam] al-Mahdi (a.s)’s majlis (gathering), seated in front of him. His son, [Imam] al-Mansur (a.s), was standing in front of his grandfather, when al-Mahdi (a.s) said to him, ‘Bring me your son’, that is [Imam] al-Mu’izz li-Din Allah (a.s). So his nursemaid brought him. He was one year old or a little older. Al-Mahdi (a.s) took him on his lap and kissed him. Then he said to his son al-Qa’im bi-Amr Allah (a.s), ‘O Abu’l-Qasim, there is not a majlis more illustrious on earth than this one, as four Imams are gathered here,’ that is, al-Mahdi (a.s) himself, his son al-Qa’im (a.s), his grandson al-Mansur (a.s), and his great-grandson al-Mu’izz li-Din Allah (a.s). Additionally, the parasol bearer, Abu’l-Fadl Raydan, told me that al-Mahdi (a.s) gathered them in a cloak and said, ‘The Prophet of Allah (s.a.a.s), may Allah bless him and grant him peace, gathered in his garment three Imams, in addition to himself, but in this cloak there are four Imams.’
(Al-Maqrizi, Lessons for the Seekers of Truth in the History of the Fatimid Imams and Caliphs, quoted in Shainool Jiwa, Towards a Shi’i Mediterranean Empire, 29)