Lobh savaarath-e jiv tun bhulio - Meaning

Discussion on ginan meanings, history etc..
atharvedi

Lobh savaarath-e jiv tun bhulio - Meaning

Post by atharvedi »

Ya Ali Madad

Please find the ginan with meaning.

'Lobh savaarath-e jiv tun bhulio'

I did this while back when I was lerning, and open for any correction.

Note: This is not the translation of the ginan it is one of the meaning or interpretation according to my shallow understanding, forgive me for any errors.

Athatvedi

Lobh savaarath-e jiv tun bhulio
Composed by Sayyed Imaam Shaah

Eji Lobh savaarath-e jiv tun bhulio
ane gaflate bhuliyo re gemaar;
tun to maaru maaru karto mari gayo,
teni bumbh nahi-re vaar... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ...1

Because of the greediness you (jiv) forgot, and forgot all because of your silliness and stupidity. You died saying ‘this is all mine’, but no one cares and remembers once you are gone.

Eji Aa pindh bramandh jenne sirajiyaa,
tene kem visaaro gemaar;
girbhaavaas ni didhi vaachaa paariye,
to chutto chaar khaann-ni maar... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... . ... ... ... ..2

The one who created this body and universe; how can you forget Him you silly. Keep the promise you made in mother’s womb (dasond & Nindaa) and by doing that you will get the freedom (salvation) from the four Khaann (four stages of creation).

Eji Nirmal man kari sreviye
ane paanch maari ne kije prakaash;
to suraj uge darshan paamiye
evo ridaamaa raakho hari paas... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ..3

Worship Him with the clean mind (thoughts) and control the five senses (*) to see the light (Noor). You will experience sun rise in your body and you will be conscious about Him (Allah/Mowla/Imam), He is with you in your heart all the time.

*The five ‘thieves’ are mentioned elsewhere – that is in the ginans – as personifying five vices, panj bhu: of lust (kam); anger (krodh); greed (labh); temptation or single minded attachment to the material aspects of the world (moh) and pride (madh).

Eji Saas usaas-se aaraadhiye
jo aave prem fikar ni jaal;
sonaa kasottiye kasaaviye
to paamiye mul apaar ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ...4

Each and every breath you remember (Zikar/Jaap/Isme Aazm) Him, with all your love and worry/consciousness make such a net (jaal) so that you do not get out of this net. With every days constant practice prepare your body (Sona - Body) for bandagi, because the result you get is endless.

Eji Athar ved maanhe em bhaankhiyaa
Shaah tol-e munivar naa imaan;
tiyaan ochha khottaa kaadhi naakhshe
jem tamboli kaatri naakhe paan ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ...5

It has been said in Athar Ved (Quran/On-going guidance) that Imam of the time tests His murid’s faith, where He finds non compatible or liar (khottaa) He will remove them from under His roof, like a (Tamboli/paan-sopaari waalaa-seller of betel nuts & leaves) who cuts the dead leaves.

Eji Kal jug vikhaddi vela vaae
rikhisarnaa man na rahe thir;
tyaare aakharat najik jaann-jo
jyaare rikhisar man maaniyun
karshe aapnne gher ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ..6

The period of Kaljug is like poison pumping in the body, where the monmin’s mind does not stay focused. Think that the aakharat (day of judgement/death) is near, at that time the momin will do anything they like in their house (whether it is good or bad) mainly immoral.

Eji Je sat panth lai osri gaya
ane Gur Pir devraav-se gaal;
tenu mukh ditthe bhram hatiyaa upaje,
te to padshe dhojak-ni jaal ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... .7

Who so ever did the bayat in this sat panth (True path - siratal mustakim) and forgets, also raised allegation (gaall- swear) against Shah-Pir. Even if you see their (the one who went astray) faces are like a killer (criminal) they will definitely fell in trap of hell.

Eji Vilamb nahi re vaikhunth dhunkhddo
hete milo munivar bhaai;
maaho maahe virodh na kiji ye
tame kayen khovo purav janam ni kamaai ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ..8

Do not delay for your destination heaven; get together (majalis) with love oh momins brothers. Do not fight in between, why do you want to lose your previous earned deeds (purav janam ni kamaai).

Eji Tenaa mindar maanhe dhandhukaar vasiyo
jiyaan imaan sidhak prakash na hoy;
te mindar ujadd sunu padiyun
tyaan saach na vase koi ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ...9

The temple/body which is filled with the darkness, where faith & light does not reside; That body will be void of Noor like a deserted temple, and truth (Imam) will not reside there.

Eji Jaani joi ne kayen haaro
ane gaflat karo tame dur;
nit nit darshan kijiye
to haidde Shaah ji hajur ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... 10

Why do you do this even when you know, and get rid the laziness; every day (every time) you do the deedar in bandagi then you will be in presence of Lord (in your heart).

Eji Bhanne Pir Imaam Shaah sunno munivaro
bhaai e chhe chhelo endhaann;
jyaare koi kene maanshe naahi
tyaare maahaadan aaviyo jaan ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... 11

Sayyed Imam Shah says to momin, oh brothers this is the last period (segment in Kaljug), when no one believes any one (no spiritual leader) then surely it is the Day of Judgment (Mahaadin/Qayamat).
agakhani

Post by agakhani »

Thanks brother great job, please keep putting more and more ginans in this forum with its translation and also in ginans section.
xignifye

Post by xignifye »

That is very nice atharvedi ......i would also appreciate if you could share the raag of that ginan as well......
prince_visram

Post by prince_visram »

Gist much appreciated!

Is this Ginan also to the raaga of "Hete su(n) milo maara munivaro" by chance? I know a few with the same raaga and same Sayyed so I think it kind of looks like it. If anyone knows, it would be appreciated.

Thanks again
atharvedi

Post by atharvedi »

prince_visram wrote:Gist much appreciated!

Is this Ginan also to the raaga of "Hete su(n) milo maara munivaro" by chance? I know a few with the same raaga and same Sayyed so I think it kind of looks like it. If anyone knows, it would be appreciated.

Thanks again
Ya Ali Madad

Here is the link for the above ginan in mp3 format.

Share Link:
http://kiwi6.com/file/szz227r93n

Direct Hotlink:
http://k002.kiwi6.com/hotlink/szz227r93 ... bhulio.mp3

The tune is common for few ginans and the most common one is 'saamine saachu karine sareviye'

Hope this helps.