75th BIRTHDAY OF MHI

Discussion on R&R from all regions
kmaherali

75th BIRTHDAY OF MHI

Post by kmaherali »

Received from a friend: unfortunately the poet / author is not known...

A Birthday Poem

Dear Mowla,
We never imagined the day would come so fast
Seventy-five glorious years outclassed
Together we celebrate your birthday!
As one united, global jamat

Dear Mowla,
You pray for us
You breathe for us
You work for us
You dream for us
Your murids, we are.

Dear Mowla,
Your efforts unite us
Your prayers ignite us
We ask for your pardon if we’ve erred in any way
If we forget to remind ourselves
What you do for us every day.

Dear Mowla,
Excellence
Education
Values
Ethics
We are ambassadors of these words
This our gift we give to you

Dear Mowla,
You bring us together
From, Toronto to London
Karachi to Lisbon
Uganda to Chicago

Dear Mowla,
We know you love us immensely
And you are here with us spiritually
But this is YOUR day
With your big family around the world
We love you and wish you a happy 75th birthday.
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

Historical Reflections for the 75th Salgirah of Mawlana Hazar Imam

http://simerg.com/2011/12/01/his-highne ... an-aajano/
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

Mowlana Hazar Imam's 75th Birthday - December 13, 2011

http://www.amaana.org/agakhan/bd11.htm
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

A Tribute to His Highness the Aga Khan on His 75th Birthday – Part I

http://simerg.com/special-series-his-hi ... -birthday/

A Tribute to His Highness the Aga Khan on His 75th Birthday (Part II)

http://simerg.com/special-series-his-hi ... y-part-ii/

Simerg’s Tribute to His Highness the Aga Khan – Part Three

http://simerg.com/2011/12/15/simergs-tr ... art-three/

Afghanistan celebrates 75th birthday of H.H Karim Aga Khan

By Nabizada - Tue Dec 13, 1:28 pm

Monday, December 13, 2011 – Ismailis in Afghanistan on the occasion of 75th birth day of His Highness Prince Karim Aga Khan, the 49th Imam (spiritual leader) organized gatherings in Afghanistan.

The Aga Khan council for Afghanistan organized the event in capital Kabul which was attended by a number of high level Afghan governmental officials and guests.

Sayed Shah Nasir Rahnuma, presidential adviser and Sayed Makhdom Raheen were among the participants.

Prince Karim Aga Khan IV was born on 13 December 1936 and is the 49th and current Imam of the Shia Imami Nizari Ismaili Muslims.He became the 49th spritual leader of the world Ismailis on July 11, 1957 at the age of 20, succeeding his grandfather, Sultan Mohamamd Shah (Aga Khan III).

Prince Karim Aga Khan is one of the significant donors for Afghanistan reconstruction. The Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN) launched operations in different sectors after the fall of Taliban in 2001.

AKDN has been actively engaged in the reconstruction of Afghan historical sites, reconstruction of health clinics, provision of educational services, construction of roads and bridges since 2001 in Afghanistan

http://www.khaama.com/afghan-ismailis-c ... f-imam-777

Statement for the 75th Birthday of His Highness Aga Khan IV by the Hon. Jim Karygiannis, M.P.
Tuesday 13th December 2011.

Statement for the 75th Birthday of His Highness Aga Khan IV by the Hon. Jim Karygiannis, M.P. for Scarborough-Agincourt and Liberal Critic for Multiculturalism

It is with great pleasure that I extend my best wishes to His Highness Shah Karim al-Hussayni, the fourth Aga Khan and 49th Imam of Ismaili Islam, on the occasion of his 75th birthday.

Since becoming the Aga Khan on July 11, 1957, at the age of 20, Prince Karim has been an inspiration to Ismaili Muslims and others around the world. He has worked tirelessly to promote both religious and racial tolerance. His strong belief in education has inspired Ismaili young people around the world to achieve post-secondary educational success.

In 1967, His Highness the Aga Khan founded the Aga Khan Foundation (AKF) as a private, not-for-profit international development agency. The Aga Khan Foundation seeks to provide long-term solutions to problems of poverty, hunger, illiteracy and ill health in the poorest parts of South and Central Asia; Eastern and Western Africa; and, the Middle East. The Aga Khan Foundation works in close conjunction with The Aga Khan Development Network , a group of development agencies with mandates that include the environment; health; education; architecture; culture; microfinance; rural development; disaster reduction; the promotion of private-sector enterprise; and, the revitalisation of historic cities. The Aga Khan Foundation and the Aga Khan Development Network agencies conduct their programmes without regard to faith, origin or gender.

In Canada, not only does His Highness reach Ismailis, his work has helped many Canadians through the Canadian Branch of the Aga Khan Development Network. On June 6, 2005, His Highness was invested as an Honorary Companion of the Order of Canada in recognition of a lifetime of outstanding achievement, dedication to the community and service to the nation.

It is an honour and a pleasure to wish His Highness the best of success and many happy returns.

http://karygiannismp.com/spip/article.p ... ticle=1727
Last edited by kmaherali on Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

Royal Galipeau, Member for Ottawa—Orléans (CPC): Royal Galipeau, Mr. Speaker, December 13 is an important day for the Ismaili community around the world. His Highness the Aga Khan, a descendant of the prophet Muhammad, was born in Geneva on this day in 1936.

In May 2010, this wise imam was given honorary Canadian citizenship by the Prime Minister of Canada.

In 1957, Her Majesty the Queen had granted him the title “His Highness”. The spiritual leader of 15 million Ismailis across 25 countries, His Highness the Aga Khan has emphasized the view of his faith, a faith that teaches compassion and tolerance, true Canadian values.

The well-being of his fellow Muslims has always been important to His Highness.

On behalf of all Canadians, I wish His Highness the Aga Khan a happy 75th birthday. May he enjoy peace, health, joy and my favourite, serenity.

——–

On behalf of our Government I would like to pass on my best wishes to His Highness Prince Karim Aga Khan on this significant milestone.

Hon. Jason Kenney, PC, MP, Calgary Southeast

Statement by Liberal Leader Bob Rae on the 75th birthday of His Highness Prince Karim Aga Khan IV
Posted on December 13, 2011

OTTAWA – Liberal Leader Bob Rae made the following statement today on the 75th birthday of His Highness Prince Karim Aga Khan IV:

“It is an honour for me to extend my best wishes and congratulations to His Highness Prince Karim Aga Khan IV—spiritual leader of the Ismaili Jamat—on his 75th birthday. Salgirah Mubarak!

Today is an important day to recognize all His Highness has done as one of the most prominent and influential spiritual leaders in the world. He works tirelessly to improve the quality of life of his followers and the communities in which they live. In a world with so many faiths and cultures, his Highness is a model spiritual leader whose work extends beyond his own community, endeavouring to eliminate global poverty, as well as to promote the advancement of women, Islamic culture, and pluralistic values in society.

Moreover, let us not forget the strong bonds of friendship shared between Canada and His Highness, bolstered not only by the presence of an integrated and active Ismaili community but also by his many missions and undertakings in this country. I would make special note of the Delegation of the Ismaili Imamat in Ottawa, the Aga Khan Foundation Canada, the Toronto Ismaili Centre currently under development, as well as the Aga Khan Museum and Park, which had its foundation ceremony last year in Toronto, as some of the many examples. Through organisations and institutions such as these, His Highness seeks to fufill his vision of a world where difference is not erased, but rather, is used as a powerful force for good.

On behalf of the Liberal Party of Canada and our parliamentary caucus, I wish His Highness and all of the Ismaili Canadian Jamat Khushiali Mubarak!”

http://www.liberal.ca/salle-des-nouvell ... a-khan-iv/
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

His Highness Prince Karim Aga Khan

Congratulations on Seventy-Fifth Birthday

Hon. Mobina S. B. Jaffer: Honourable senators, yesterday Ismaili Muslims around the world celebrated the seventy-fifth birthday of His Highness Prince Karim Aga Khan. The Aga Khan is the devoted spiritual leader and forty-ninth imam of the Shia Ismaili Muslims.

As a proud Ismaili Muslim, every morning I wake up knowing that I am a beneficiary of the Aga Khan's infinite knowledge, wisdom and guidance.

When my family and my community were exiled from Uganda, when we lost everything and feared for our lives, the Aga Khan protected us. He helped us rebuild our entire lives and seek refuge in this great country, Canada.

When I was a young woman and I faced societal pressures that told me that women could only be nurses and teachers and not lawyers or doctors, the Aga Khan taught me that your gender did not define who you are or which profession to pursue. He emphasized the importance of educating girls, and he continues to ensure that young girls around the world are afforded the same opportunities as young boys.

Honourable senators, the truth is that we are all beneficiaries of the Aga Khan's philanthropy. In 1967, the Aga Khan founded the Aga Khan Foundation, which is one of the largest private development agencies in the world. The Aga Khan Foundation and the other development agencies that operate in close conjunction provide long-term solutions to poverty, hunger, illiteracy and other problems that are plaguing the developing world.

In addition, they also have mandates that include the environment, education, culture, architecture, micro-finance and rural development.

Traditionally, one receives gifts on one's birthday.

Honourable senators, the greatest gift that we can offer His Highness Prince Karim Aga Khan is to renew our commitment to building a pluralistic society, one that is based on the values of justice, equality and tolerance. Together we must work to improve not only our own lives but also the lives of those who are the most vulnerable in society.

The Aga Khan has often described his vision of a world where difference is not seen as weakness but instead as a powerful force for good.

Honourable senators, I want to live in that world. The Aga Khan has given us all so much. Let us continue to work to make his vision a reality.

http://www.parl.gc.ca/Content/Sen/Chamb ... 14-e.htm#4

http://ismailimail.files.wordpress.com/ ... -wynne.jpg