Al-husayni

Discussion on doctrinal issues
avrozmaredia

Al-husayni

Post by avrozmaredia »

Why generation after our 2nd Imam Hussein called "al-Husayni"?
Why they not called on name of our first Imam Murtaza Ali?
Please clarify my doubts. I know for someone i may seem foolish question. but i want to clear my views.
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

In my opinion the first Imam Hazarat Ali had other sons besides Imam Hussain, hence if we refer to Hazarat Ali, then we would include descendants of all other sons who were not appointed Imams through nass (divine designation). We only consider descendents of Imam Hussain as legitimate Imams.
avrozmaredia

Post by avrozmaredia »

We only consider descendents of Imam Hussain as legitimate Imams.
so, in alay-bayat do we consider all descendanst of Imam Ali or only Imam Hussein?
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

avrozmaredia wrote: so, in alay-bayat do we consider all descendanst of Imam Ali or only Imam Hussein?
There has been discussion on this subject under:

Doctrines --> Hadiths about Hazrat Ali,Ahl-e-Bait,PanjtanPaak

http://www.ismaili.net/html/modules.php ... ahl+albayt

You may want to go there...
agakhani

Post by agakhani »

so, in alay-bayat do we consider all descendanst of Imam Ali or only Imam Hussein?
Not all descendants of Imam Hazarat Ali and Imam Hussein (s.a.) respectively consider in Ahal-Bait but Ismailis only consider following five persons in Ahl-Bait:-
1, Prophet Mohammad (PBUH)
2, Hazarat Ali (s.a.)
3, Fatimah al-Zahra (AS) (the daughter of the Messenger of Allah),
4, Imam Hussein (s.a.) (son of Hazarat Ali)
5, Hazarat Hassan. (son of Hazarat Ali)
There are big controversy about Ahal-bait, whom to count in Ahal-Bait and whom not to count! Sunnat wal Jamat also count 11 wives of prophet Mohammad (s.a.) besides above five, while Shia doesn't count wives of Prophet Mohammad but they count their nine imams (after Imam al-Husain (AS) in Ahl-bait.
FYI:- Ahal-bait also call "PANJTAN PAK"
MR-FORGET

Post by MR-FORGET »

There are big controversy about Ahal-bait, whom to count in Ahal-Bait and whom not to count! Sunnat wal Jamat also count 11 wives of prophet Mohammad (s.a.) besides above five, while Shia doesn't count wives of Prophet Mohammad but they count their nine imams (after Imam al-Husain (AS) in Ahl-bait.
Very interesting brother, til today I was thinking that all sect consider only five persons 1, Prophet (s.a.), 2, Hazarat Ali (s.a.) 3, Fatima 4, Hazarat Hasan and 5, Imam Hussain (s.a.) in Ahal-Bait but my thinking was wrong thank for the information.