Satado: Is meat or fish prohibited during Satado.

Discussion on R&R from all regions
avrozmaredia

Satado: Is meat or fish prohibited during Satado.

Post by avrozmaredia »

Ya Ali Madad,<BR>Respected Spiritual Brothers and Sister,<BR>I was listening Missionary Abu Aly waez about Satado. In that waez, Honorable Missionary said that, during Satado, meat and fish should not be consumed.<BR>Is it true, because i follow every guidance of Abu Aly Saheb. We had a long conversation about this topic with my friends and family members. Everyone has different opinion.<BR>If i can get any resources like Farman by Khudavin or Speech, it would be great.<BR><BR>Thanks.<BR>Maula Bless you all and flurishes your house with lot of rozi and barkat.
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

In the book "Practices and Ceremonies" by Mr and Mrs Kamaluddin Ali Muhammad it is stated:

"It is well known that the Prophet (s.a.s.) used to seclude himself for many days in a row in the cave of Hira for meditation and contemplation. It is evident that designating certain days in a row for intense prayers, meditation and contemplation remained a part of the traditions of the prophets. Satada for spiritual progress is also one of such practices in our jama't today. It was not without any significance that Imam Sultan Muhammad Shah had advised the members of Baytul Khayal to strictly follow vegetarian diets during Baytul Khayal Satada."
prince_visram

Post by prince_visram »

kmaherali wrote:In the book "Practices and Ceremonies" by Mr and Mrs Kamaluddin Ali Muhammad it is stated:

"It is well known that the Prophet (s.a.s.) used to seclude himself for many days in a row in the cave of Hira for meditation and contemplation. It is evident that designating certain days in a row for intense prayers, meditation and contemplation remained a part of the traditions of the prophets. Satada for spiritual progress is also one of such practices in our jama't today. It was not without any significance that Imam Sultan Muhammad Shah had advised the members of Baytul Khayal to strictly follow vegetarian diets during Baytul Khayal Satada."
So one should not eat meat in accordance to Sultan Muhammad Shah's Farman?

The English got kind of confusing :?

..And also, if this is the case, why do most Ismailis (well at least the ones in my area) not practice this tradition of holding a vegetarian diet during the week of Satada?

Thanks! (:
agakhani

Post by agakhani »

..And also, if this is the case, why do most Ismailis (well at least the ones in my area) not practice this tradition of holding a vegetarian diet during the week of Satada?
Prince,
There is not a solid reason or reasons behind not to eat meat during satada but since it is farmans of Sultan Mhammad Shah( s.a.) we should not eat meat specially during the satada. that is period.

That is right that many Ismailis are still eating meat during satada they are eating in ignorance we need to educate them and bring that farman of SMS in their knowledge and soon or latter they will quit eating meat.