Should the Jamatkhana be closed

Discussion on R&R from all regions
panjwaniamir

Should the Jamatkhana be closed

Post by panjwaniamir »

Ya Ali Madad

Under what circumstances the khane should be closed? Need some clarification and references from Farman/Ginan/Talika.

Many thanks
Admin

Post by Admin »

Do you mean at certain hours during the day or do you mean a specific Jk which is scheduled to be closed permanently because Ismailis have either moved from the area or there are no enough people in that JK? Or rental agreement comes to an end or city laws changed whatever? Can you be precise?
panjwaniamir

Post by panjwaniamir »

Admin wrote:Do you mean at certain hours during the day or do you mean a specific Jk which is scheduled to be closed permanently because Ismailis have either moved from the area or there are no enough people in that JK? Or rental agreement comes to an end or city laws changed whatever? Can you be precise?
Sorry I did not made myself clear. I mean the permanent jk is there. Lets say someone has the authority and they decide that today the JK will remain close.

Who has the authority (Council, Tariqa board or Huzur department) to give this type of permission that under these circumstances the JK should remain closed for couple of days or until they decide.

I am talking about the normal JK / Dua hours.

If for some reason the M&K could not make or reach, can someone else run the JK (past M&K)?

scenario:
Due to weather condition if the current M&K cannot come to JK, but near the JK area weather is ok or people can manage in this weather. In this situation who can decide whether the JK should be open and run as normal or keep it shut because of the red tapes (health & safety).
agakhani

Post by agakhani »

Amir,
First of all Mukhi and Kamadia both can not stay absent at same time if jamat khana open regularly one of them should be preset during the Jamat Khana ceremony.

In my opinion jamat khana can close for several days or permanent as per the decision of Imam or councils/Tariqua in following circumstances

1, If Imam instructs to close the Jamat Khanas. this happened in Soviet Russia, MSM instructed pir Sabzali to close all the Ismaili Jamat khanas in Tajikistan, Azerbaijan and other soviet province which were occupied by soviet Government. latter days all the mosque, churches and other religious places was demolished and burned by soviet army.

2, During the visit of Imam( recent darbars in USA and Canada) or special ceremonies (Homage ceremony) where jamat from surrounding areas gathered together in big hall for long time, circumstances like this it is not possible for all jamat to go back and open their own jamat khana where they resides , so as per the Imam permission or council decision all jamats remain in the same hall and make their temporary jamat khana there, so obviously all close-by JK remains closed.

3, According my parents, during the time of SMS all jamats from Gujarat and other state usually traveled Mumbai for Imam's didar and stayed there more than a month, event like this happened many times as per my dad, so all the JK from Gujarat and other states were closed until all Jamat come back or atleast MK come back.

4, Under the severe weather, dangerous circumstances or curfew I think council can make decision if Imam instruction can not obtained in hurry.

5, As per one farman of Sultan Mohammad Shah, if in small places or small villages no other jamat lives there beside you and if you want to make JK in your home you can do this, husband act as a Mukhi and wife act as a Kamadia and if they have kids, kids consider as a jamat this is your own JK but after some time more jamat come there and start Jk in different place then obviously temporary JK in your home will be closed.

Your questions are little bit confusing to me but I try to give best answers as per my understanding, it may be wrong answers if I misunderstood you.