Quotes

Put your inspiration poems or quotes here...
jasmine

Quotes

Post by jasmine »

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

- Walt Emerson

God’s will is everything, but everything is not the will of God.
shamsu

God's will

Post by shamsu »

I beg to differ,
Allah creates with his will and his thought. Hence everything is the will of God.

Another way to say it would be everything is the will of God, the God within each of us.

Shams

Re: God's Will and Free Will

Post by Guest »

shamsu wrote:I beg to differ,
Allah creates with his will and his thought. Hence everything is the will of God.

Shams
Shams,
I think Jasmine was referring to Free will, Where it is up to us to decide which path to walk on. We still have that, Thank God!

Now it's entirely possible that the choice was setup by god himself and he gave us 2 or more paths to choose from.

The quote btw is by Ralph Waldo Emerson

------------------------
You don't love a woman because she's beautiful,
She is beautiful because you love her.
~ by Anonymous ~
sofiya

Post by sofiya »

"The difficulties and struggles of today are but the price we must pay for the accomplishments and victories of tomorrow."

William Boetcker
sofiya

Post by sofiya »

It has been said that the Internet is the most important development for education since the invention of the printing press. But for now, it is grossly underused for educational purposes. Washington 2001]

-- Aga Khan IV

Post by Guest »

Whoever renders service to many puts himself in line for greatness -- great wealth, great return, great satisfaction, great reputation, and great joy.

Jim Rohn

Post by Guest »

Those who are blessed with the soaring swiftness of the eagle,
And have flown before, let them go.
I will travel slowly, and I too will arrive!"
--- Author Unknown
star_munir

Post by star_munir »

The fire you kindle for your enemies often burns yourself more then him.
[Chinese proverb]

Anger is short madness

Beauty seen is partly in him who sees it.

Behaviour is a mirror in which every one displays his image.

A good book is best of friends,the same today and forever.

Post by Guest »

How we think shows through in how we act.
Attitudes are mirrors of the mind. They reflect thinking.

David J.

Post by Guest »

When wealth is lost, nothing is lost
When health is lost something is lost
When character is lost ,all is lost

The smallest children are nearest to God as the smallest planets are nearest the sun. [Richter]

The purest and the most thoughtful minds are those which love clour the most. [Ruskin]

Life is not life at all without delight. [Andrew Bartenn]

A happy family is but an earlier heaven.

Man is a poetical animal and delights in fiction.[Hazlitt]
star_munir

Post by star_munir »

The above post was from me.

Post by Guest »

It is easier to catch flies with honey than with vinegar. [English Proverb]

The heart of giver makes the gift dear and precious. [Luther]

It is more blessed to give then to recieve.

Happiness depends on what you can give not what you can get. [Gandhi]

Hating people li like burning your own house to get rid of a rat.

The first wealth is health.

Heaven means to be one with God. [Confucious]

History teaches every thing even future.

Post by Guest »

"The witnessing soul is like the sky. The birds fly in the sky but they don't leave any footprints. That's what Buddha says, that the man who is awakened lives in such a way that he leaves no footprints. He is without wounds and without scars; he never looks back -- there is no point. He has lived that moment so totally that what is the need to look back again and again? He never looks ahead, he never looks back, he lives in the moment."

Author Unknown

Don't let your old friends vanish

Post by Guest »

A Vanished Friend

Around the corner I have a friend,
In this great city that has no end,
Yet the days go by and weeks rush on,
And before I know it, a year is gone.
And I never see my old friends face,
For life is a swift and terrible race,
He knows I like him just as well,
As in the days when I rang his bell.
And he rang mine but we were younger then,
And now we are busy, tired men.
Tired of playing a foolish game,
Tired of trying to make a name.
"Tomorrow" I say! "I will call on Jim
Just to show that I'm thinking of him."
But tomorrow comes and tomorrow goes,
And distance between us grows and grows.
Around the corner, yet miles away,
"Here's a telegram sir," "Jim died today."
And that's what we get and deserve in the end.
Around the corner, a vanished friend.

Post by Guest »

Bibical quote on Grace

You are too special for Him to forget, too important for Him to neglect, too precious for Him to ignore. That's why He set you before His eyes and crafted you on His palms that He might remember you forever, as long as He lives. So be not discouraged, Jesus is concerned about you always.

Post by Guest »

By the way you conduct your daily lives, by the compassion you show to your fellow men and women, and above all by your faith in God, you will ultimately be judged.[Speech 11 March 1958]

-- Aga Khan IV

Post by Guest »

"I have learned to judge of men by their own deeds, and not to make the accident of birth the standard of their merit."

- Sarah J. Hale (1790-1879)

"Our birth is but a sleep and a forgetting."

-William Wordsworth (1770-1850)

We are in human form, but we are spiritual beings. We need to awaken to that, and remain aware of our spirituality. The body demands attention, and we must take good care of it. With a healthy body we are more free to learn and grow and experience more of the spiritual, more of ourselves.

I discovered I always have choices and sometimes it's only a choice of attitude.

Judith M. Knowlton
sofiya

Post by sofiya »

I am a Muslim and Muslims believe that all men are equal no matter what the colour of their skin and I am therefore fundamentally opposed to apartheid in any form. I would wish to emphasize that Islam is probably the most multi-racial faith existing. [Interview] 11 Nov. 1970

-- Aga Khan IV

Re: Quotes

Post by Guest »

jasmine wrote:What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us. <BR><BR>- Walt Emerson<BR><BR><BR>God’s will is everything, but everything is not the will of God.
<BR><BR>Hi,<BR>first of all Yaa Ali Madad, second of all i must mention that iam Shia Imami Ismaili "Shukur Allah". well, being a human kind i have some question to ask from you people "my lords" i was thinking about human body, how much value do you give to human body? i mean, do you take it as a pure thing or a very dirty thing.&nbsp;is body the o&shy;nly object which keeps away the soul from spirit, or its a source&nbsp;which joins these two things? <BR>thanks

Post by Guest »

The body is a sacred garment.
Martha Graham

A good conscience is to the soul what health is to the body; it preserves constant ease and serenity within us; and more than countervails all the calamities and afflictions which can befall us from without.
Joseph Addison

To become a thoroughly good man is the best prescription for keeping a sound mind and a sound body.
Francis Bowen

The secret of health for both mind and body is not to mourn for the past, nor to worry about the future, but to live the present moment wisely and earnestly.
Buddha

One certainly has a soul; but how it came to allow itself to be enclosed in a body is more than I can imagine. I only know if once mine gets out, I'll have a bit of a tussle before I let it get in again to that of any other.
Lord Byron

Religion is organized to satisfy and guide the soul - politics does the same thing for the body.
Joyce Cary

I find, by experience, that the mind and the body are more than married, for they are most intimately united; and when one suffers, the other sympathizes.
Lord Chesterfield

Do not follow the ideas of others, but learn to listen to the voice within yourself. Your body and mind will become clear and you will realize the unity of all things.
Dogen

If you don't do what's best for your body, you're the one who comes up on the short end.
Julius Erving

Spiritual relationship is far more precious than physical. Physical relationship divorced from spiritual is body without soul.
Mohandas Gandhi

Take care of your body with steadfast fidelity. The soul must see through these eyes alone, and if they are dim, the whole world is clouded.
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Post by Guest »

The trouble is that we have a bad habit, encouraged by pedants and sophisticates, of considering happiness as something rather stupid. Only pain is intellectual, only evil interesting. This is the treason of the artist: a refusal to admit the banality of evil and the terrible boredom of pain. If you can't lick 'em, join 'em. If it hurts, repeat it. But to praise despair is to condemn delight, to embrace violence is to lose hold of everything else.

Ursula Kroeber Le Guin