Holy night between friday and saturday?

Discussion on ginan meanings, history etc..
prince_visram

Holy night between friday and saturday?

Post by prince_visram »

Ya Ali Madaat,

I was reading a translation of a Ginan and it referred to the night of "Thavar" or something like that (I don't remember and I don't own the book). Unfortunately I do not even remember the Ginan, but I just wanted an explanation of this meaning, because all the translation said was in brackets "the holy night between friday and saturday" or "the holy night between saturday and sunday".

The only thing I can recall is that it was one of the translation books by the Kamaludin's and I think it was the second book (if not, than the first book). But I will try to get a hold of the book again and dig for the ginan once again to find the appropriate word.

I know I am not giving much information but until I get a hold of the book, I will not be able to elaborate, so please try and help me with what I got. Thanks!
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

I think you are referring to:

yaaraa tith satai(n) maa rohonn nakhshatra
sa(n)j thaavar thi(n)do shaahjo viaa(n)...........................5

O friend! It will be the seventh day of the month and the star will be Rohni(the fourth lunar mansion or constellation, containing five stars, in the form of a cart); and it will be in the evening of Thaver(day of Friday and the night of Saturday), the marriage of my Lord will take place.

In my opinion the ultimate experience of the spiritual enlightenment of an individual has a cosmic effect and hence occurs at a particular configuration of the universe alluded to by the Ginan.
Admin

Post by Admin »

I think Rohn Nakshtr is the [21 March] Equinox

7th day of the moon called Sateima, is the day of the Resurrector, the Sateima, that we celebrate in the Mijlas dedicated to the Manifestation of the Lord.