Elders of the Jamat versus Pluralism

Current issues, news and ethics
unnalhaq

Post by unnalhaq »

nagib wrote:I have a serious question, please do not laugh!

Half of the Masjid in North America are tunring toward North-East and half of them are built to turn toward South East.
In US it is North-Easterly direction.
nagib wrote: So if Imaara is turning our Jamatkhanas toward Mecca, which Mecca and which direction?
Good question as I had heard someone (an elderly woman from Africa) had told me about the Jameti leaders "Thala Ka Ringra". I was explained to me later that if you put a marble on a tray with a little bit of tilt it will roll over. I guess what I am trying to say is that it depends who is in the IMARA locally and how much they are influenced.
nagib wrote: And you can even have more fun with a third possibility: What is the direction of a line from Vancouver Canada to Makkah that goes straight through the earth (not on the surface)
I guess now I know why Burnaby JK, Vancouver is AKA "ARSH-UL-AZIM"!
nagib wrote: Inj the same topic, I always laugh loud when they anounce in JK that Idd will be celebrated at the same day as other Muslims..

In MOntreal there are 3 groups of Muslims, those who go with Idd in Pakistan, those who go with Idd in Saudi Arabia and the more intelligent who calculate which day it would be in reality in MOntreal even if there are clouds in the sky.. and believe me, if we were to wait to see the moon in MOntreal, sometimes it would take many many days;-)
Very interesting! I know that Persian Communities in US celebrates Naw Rúz on March 20th because it is March 21 in Persia.
unnalhaq

Post by unnalhaq »

star_munir wrote:Ya Ali Madad,
KIM and Noorum Mubin and many other books are not easily available but from some JK libraries you can get that. And also there is not any farman not to read or recite the Farmans of KIM so if KIM is not avialable in ITRAB it not means in any way that Farmans in it are invalid now. The Farmans in KIM is till now recited in JK.
I was told by ITRAB-USA & CANADA that both books have been pulled and are being pulled. I almost had the ITRAB-CANADA give me the reason but kept it short to Imam's Wishes. I am guessing they didn't want to draw any greef from anyone since things in past were quoted out of both books in REC or Mission Classes or night Schools or Bait-Ul-Ilm and to the Jamet in General.
star_munir wrote: As you wrote that did you know that Ginans in JK can only be sung (recited) have to be the pre-approved ones from ITRAB ? I know that but I also know that ITRAB has not sole authority in matter of Religion and is not in any way greater then those who have composed the Holy Ginans.
You may have a point there but as it is now in present time it is ITRAB has the authority in the matter of Religion and the Imam has the sole authority to make changes. This was in the Farman Moscow, Russia 1996.
star_munir wrote: Thanks for informing. I didn't knew that before. I had never heard about that before. I didn't had any reference to what you posted therefore I posted what I had read. I would like to know more about it if you have time or info on it that in which country/ city these JK are going to be built.
Also I would like to know if someboady has forced you or some one is forcing any one to learn Ginans or attend Ginan classes?
You are most welcome. The only reason I came down so harsh on you is because yours and kasamali previous posts had the tone of knowing the facts and it starts to mislead other readers.
As you may know of the high profile Jamet Khanas (HP-JK) in Abu-Dubai,
Toronto, Canada and San Francisco, CA. Also, the Permanent Centers in Atlanta, GA and Glenview, IL, Kansans City, KS, Lansing, MI (I think the Lansing one may not be the permanent one). These are the some that I know of. If you are really looking for the Architectural Design and what architects had to do in order to satisfy both the zoning and imara requirements you can contact or post for someone to contact you. I know whenever I have visited the new permanent centers in US and in Canada there are designated tour guides who are knowledgeable about the design and why it was constructed that way.
star_munir wrote: Also I would like to know if someboady has forced you or some one is forcing any one to learn Ginans or attend Ginan classes?
More than one occasion; it would be more like pressure (in recent days) than force. Force would be if you had asked me 15 years ago.
star_munir wrote: I know about changings made in Ginan and Farman and I would like you to write in your own words what do you felt wrong in that waez or what were its key points if you have enough time so every one can read and discuss on it.
There is a detail article on Alwaez Abu Ali on ismaili.net under topic of ismaili heros.
I think you are referring to Abu Ali's December 2004 Chicago lecture. I am sorry it would be better if you heard it first rather then my take. This way it is unbiased, I hope.
Last edited by unnalhaq on Wed Mar 09, 2005 6:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
star_munir

Post by star_munir »

As you wrote that,I was told by ITRAB-USA & CANADA that both books have been pulled and are being pulled. I almost had the ITRAB-CANADA give me the reason but kept it short to Imam's Wishes. I am guessing they didn't want to draw any greef from anyone since things in past were quoted out of both books in REC or Mission Classes or night Schools and to the Jamet in General.

I dont think that its a true reason. May be it can be true but the Farmans of KIM are valid as there is not any printed Farman of Hazir Imam which I have ever read in which it is that not to read KIM. And Noorum Mubin is just an history book. What is sensitive in it? History remains the same and not changes from time to time. If it is not available in ITREB you may find it from other sources if you want .

I believe Imam has sole authority in matter of religion to make changes or not but ITREB or Tariqa board etc has not any authority to make changes in the words of Imam and Pir without permission.

Not any ismaili has authority to force or pressurize some one to recite Ginans,Farmans,Dua etc . But as you wrote that Ginans are for Khoja ismailis only so I posted Farman to show that Ginans are for all ismailis.

I shall try to listen that waez and its right that some time we do not agree with certain statements made by various missionaries. Every people have their own understanding of the religion and no noe is perfect so it may be that he said some thing wrong. I my self have quoted many points by Alwaez Kamaluddin's waez on Ginan..On certain things he said with whom I was not agreed and many members also criticized. So its natural that you may not agree with certain points of any missionary and you or any one else can criticize on points made by them but its not proper to judge any one's personality and to compare it with not only former ismaili but enemies of ismailis.
unnalhaq

Post by unnalhaq »

star_munir wrote:I believe Imam has sole authority in matter of religion to make changes or not but ITREB or Tariqa board etc has not any authority to make changes in the words of Imam and Pir without permission.

Not any ismaili has authority to force or pressurize some one to recite Ginans,Farmans,Dua etc . But as you wrote that Ginans are for Khoja ismailis only so I posted Farman to show that Ginans are for all ismailis.
My dearest friend, you might want to reconsider your comments above.
star_munir wrote: I shall try to listen that waez and its right that some time we do not agree with certain statements made by various missionaries. Every people have their own understanding of the religion and no noe is perfect so it may be that he said some thing wrong. I my self have quoted many points by Alwaez Kamaluddin's waez on Ginan..On certain things he said with whom I was not agreed and many members also criticized.
I hope that you get to hear it. There are two points that are note worthy to mention in related to Abu Ali's lecture in question:
1) He has a general audience that follows (takes in) anything and everything he has to say.
2) He also reinforced the prejudice and bigotry that the jamet holds right from off the boat.
If you just knew a little more that is not known in common you'd say that he is jockeying for the title of pir. This is the last time I am going to comment on him. Don't get me wrong, as you had said I just don't agree with him, which is often. Let’s leave it at that.
star_munir

Post by star_munir »

ok I understood that you dont agree with him and want to leave that topic.
So what are now your views in general on overall all disscussions and points discussed under this topic. And have you got KIM? As earlier thaillestlunatic wrote to you that he can give you KIM.
unnalhaq

Post by unnalhaq »

star_munir wrote:ok I understood that you dont agree with him and want to leave that topic.
So what are now your views in general on overall all disscussions and points discussed under this topic.
The same as the originator for this topic had stated and it had not been discussed or talked about. I have tried to point out some root causes and as expected there is always the few company lines that gets repeated over and over when faced with the realty. And they are:
1. The Imam said it or His wishes are (this always tops the list)...
2. There is a hidden meaning to it, baatini (even down to the matter of earth's gravity, you are really not here it is all a smoke screen, but wait use your right hand when saying thobow)
3. In every other religion and/or sect is the something going on (but wait ours' is the best but lets make it equal to others when there is a problem).
4. Everything is Mawlla's blessings and His Will (until ask them to commit for something, it is always InshAllah)
I don't remember the others, I know there are six more not as commonly used but they are out there.
But lets get back to the topic:
NabilaDaredia wrote: I have noticed a trend in our Jamat wherein the adults, and especially the elders are...racist, for lack of better word, towards people of other skin color and religion, yet when HI speaks of pluralism, they agree. Some have a mentality that Ismailism is better than not only other sects of Islam, but also other faiths altogether. For example, one of my friends is half-African American, half-Indo-Paki, and a very involved Ismaili. My grandmother was surprised that she could speak the same language as 'we do', or even new her dua, though she has been Ismaili by birth (her mother is Ismaili, her father is Christian). Another example is that some parents won't allow their children to visit non-Ismaili or non-tawny (as in skin color) households.
My concern is how to remove this narrow-mindedness from our elders, and to do-away with this prejudice.
Any ideas?.
Well, I think to start with is to bar people like Abu Ali form lecturing those messages and have him go back to those JKs and publicly apologize for it. And ITRIB can make an example out of it. That is just a start. It would not heart to point out a few other things that I have said it all along if you don't like different skin color i.e white or so take a second look at The Imam! By golly miss Molly you won't believe your eyes, he is white!
star_munir wrote: And have you got KIM? As earlier thaillestlunatic wrote to you that he can give you KIM
He has it in pdf format online and had asked me if I had msn, the file is big so he didn't know if he could email it to me. Well, I do not have msn but I have quite a large bandwidth available to me, send it over. I have not gotten a response back yet. :(
star_munir

Post by star_munir »

I agree that every thing is Imam's will and His blessings. I agree there is evil of racism still in ismailis But it is not only among ismailis but among other nations and sects also. Racism is in South Africa, it is in North America, it is among hindus [Caste system and its divisions] earlier it was a rigid rule that a brahmin can not touch Shudras or people belonging to lower sect otherwise he will become impure similarly a person belonging to a particular caste can not marry with some one who belongs to another caste but now in modern times these rules which are anti pluralism are not observed every where in India. Due to evil of this system many hindus converted to Islam. But there is racism among muslims also on basis of colour and wealth. The one who is rich is considered superior to poor every where. There are many ismailis Khoja, mumna, badakshani etc. All are spiritual children of Hazir Imam with similar beliefs although there may be difference in tradition but it is sad that we dont see unity among ismailis also.
So have you changed your views on concept of Das Avtar ?
_thaillestlunatic_

KIM

Post by _thaillestlunatic_ »

YAM, unnal haq

sorry have been busy, I will email it to you right now, what is your email address?

Thx
unnalhaq

Post by unnalhaq »

_thaillestlunatic_ wrote:YAM, unnal haq

what is your email address?

Thx
I have just sent a PM with the address.
Thank you _thaillestlunatic_.
I had to bring things from another forum but I think it has to be done in this case.
star_munir wrote: a person belonging to a particular caste can not marry with some one who belongs to another
Star you remember saying:
star_munir wrote: ISMAILISM NOT ALOOWS TO MARRY WITH NON ISMAILI
And
star_munir wrote:It is in Ginan
Anant Akhado by Pir Hassan Kabirdin verse 317 and 318
The Lord sang a poem(alluding to Holy Qur'an)
and it was the forth time that He did it
The Lord revealed himself in the Muslim form
and it is indeed Ali who was present at the beginning
The Lord revealed himself in the Muslim form
so that the world may see Him
To the momin souls he revealed his (inner)nature
which is the Divine Manifestation of the Lord
My point being that you point out that others are anti-pluralistic and when some once steps on your tail (when someone points out to you that you are your self an anti-pluralistic in your ways) you cry-out pluralism and go then go back to preaching anti-pluralism.
star_munir wrote: The one who is rich is considered superior to poor every where. There are many ismailis Khoja, mumna, badakshani etc. All are spiritual children of Hazir Imam with similar beliefs although there may be difference in tradition but it is sad that we dont see unity among ismailis also.
I have always said that because of The Imam, there has not been any ethnic-clensing.
I read this on an another forum on this site and was appuled and would like to know a little more.
star_munir wrote:5 They paint eggs in 3 colors white,yellow and blue which are symbols of white skin,blue eyes and blonde hairs.
It took me a little while to figure out painting somthing that is white that is white to begin with but I thought (rearched) more and realized that it is possible that they had farm eggs could be brown or green.
star_munir wrote: So have you changed your views on concept of Das Avtar ?
Nope!
Just as well you don't understand the concept of "...Jesus as son of God"
star_munir

Post by star_munir »

Ya Ali Madad,
You have commented on my several posts which I have posted under discussion of various different topics under one. Let me reply all of them.
As you wrote to me..I am here neither for preaching pluralsim nor antipluralism. Infact I am here not for preaching any thing. I am here just to give my opinions, share the knowlege and get the knowledge. Thats my purpose. I dont preach pularlism or antipluralism...I wrote Farmans,Ginan etc. What is in Farman and in Ginan that is my believe. As per Farman Khoja,Badakshani etc all ismailis are Spiritual Children of Imam so I also believe so. As per Ginan the words of Pir are important like Farmans of Imam I believe so.
Let me also make clear, I do not come here with intention to prove others wrong or nor I consider that if I will wrote ok now I agree with you that will make me small or I will lose for I know I am here not for winnig and loosing as its not a debate competition but here we are to share and get knowledge. I try my best to reply in polite manner and not in harsh way. I always try that if possible I always give reference from Farman,Ginan,Quran,Hadith etc. There was discussion on topic differences between Nuseris and Ismailis and there was a big debate in past over it..There was a member who was unnecessary make arguments in wrong manner i.e, in a very hash manner and Admin deleted his post....
I not mean to say that you are writting in harsh way but I just mean to tell you about mine.
When I wrote Ismailsim is best...than it was what I read in Farman and then I also quote that. When I wrote if some one is Ismaili that not makes him superior to others than I also wrote a Farman and verse of Ginan too which was some what related to topic. So I dont think that there is any need of argument over here.
Similarly I have learned alot from these forums....Some times some members have appreciated my various posts But I have also learned a lot from these forums and some times even changes my views. If you will read my earlier posts I wrote to Kandani that there were not any Imams before Hazrat Ali or some thing like that. Later I learned many things and then I asked him and others certain question and than I also believe in Imams before Ali and post in favour of this statement. So if you will read my earlier post and recent posts you may find lot of difference .
I am giving this example because it exactly goes when you made comment on my post that Ismailis can not marry Non ismailis. Its long ago that I posted that and dont take it wrong that I have changed my view. I wrote that because I have heard in waez of Abu Ali missionary that Imam not wishes Ismailis to marry with Non ismailis so as Farman is important I wrote in favour of that but when I discussed here I got to know different point of views. Since I am not sure about any Farman whch not allows Ismailis to marry with Non ismailis I can not discuss much over it but I have heard many cases of Ismailis marrying with NonIsmaili Muslims and are suffering now and if you like I can give examples without pointing any ones name. One example was given by Shamshu in discussion. It was his own example and once he was a very active member of this forum just like K MaherAli is now. As I heard in waez of Abu Ali that Imam not likes marriages with Nonismailis I was also against it but since there was lot of debate here and I not cam across Farman regarding this with direct instuction I would not like to debate but one thing is for sure. Farmans of Imam are always important. You may know when there were problems between Ismailis and Isnashris and Imam Sultan Muhammad Shah made Farman to stay away or close contacts with them. At that time ismailis not raised banner of pluralism but for them only one thing was important and thats Farman
star_munir

Post by star_munir »

You also commented that you can not believe Das Avtar just like we can not believe Jesus as son of God.
Jesus was not son of God physically because muslims believe God can not have physically son, daughter etc. It is clear from Quran,
You earlier wrote Farmans are important for every Ismailis. As per Farman of Hazir Imam Jesus was not son of God but K MaherAli quoted Farman about Das avtars from Islaimic point of view. Now what do you say?
unnalhaq

Post by unnalhaq »

I know I get a little abrasive at times when I have quoted some things and you and kasamali kept insisting it was otherwise. If you look back to my post o&shy;n this form (subject) of Feb 19 '05 I had just given out the examples of "...the present Imam is tirelessly working o&shy;n mainstreaming the jamets..." Where I think Kasamali did look in to KIM being pulled but I am didn't understand his explanation either (I did follow up with the post o&shy;n what did not make sense).<BR>You gave the example of Shamshu, in regards to his experience. I have read his ports also. I am not sure if we know the whole story or if we'll ever know. As you know the saying goes there are two sides to every story, there are usually more than two sides to it and every story is a little exaggeration in its' own bias. As to Abu Ali's view point o&shy;n inter faith marriages is not religious but more or less cultural of which he may be a victim of. What I mean by that is that just narrow minded perhaps. Someone had explained to me by giving the example of a frog that lives in a well.<BR><BR><BR>
star_munir wrote:You also commented that you can not believe Das Avtar just like we can not believe Jesus as son of God.<BR>Jesus was not son of God physically because muslims believe God can not have physically son, daughter etc. It is clear from Quran,<BR>You earlier wrote Farmans are important for every Ismailis. As per Farman of Hazir Imam Jesus was not son of God but K MaherAli quoted Farman about Das avtars from Islaimic point of view. Now what do you say?
<BR>Well, this sometimes makes me laugh when an Ismaili person especially a Khoja people repeats the "Jesus was physically son of God". If you look there is a metaphoric meaning to that. If you read the Taura, Bible and Quran, they are filled with stories and metaphors for that time. And sometimes the metaphor becomes literal. While you ponder that consider this we are all God's children, or that our&nbsp;<STRIKE>sole</STRIKE> soul is God's spirit or that our bodies are God's Temple.
Last edited by unnalhaq on Wed Apr 20, 2005 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
star_munir

Post by star_munir »

As you wrote: I know I get a little abrasive at times when I have quoted some things and you and kasamali kept insisting it was otherwise
I am sorry if you got hurted with any of my post. I not meant that.

Regarding: Well, this sometimes makes me laugh when an Ismaili person especially a Khoja people repeats the "Jesus was physically son of God"
Jesus was not Son of God physically as per Farman of Hazir Imam.
unnalhaq

Post by unnalhaq »

star_munir wrote: I am sorry if you got hurted with any of my post. I not meant that.
Oh you need not to apologize at all. It is just that when people argue about things and keep arguing without knowing all facts.
star_munir wrote: Regarding: Well, this sometimes makes me laugh when an Ismaili person especially a Khoja people repeats the "Jesus was physically son of God"
Jesus was not Son of God physically as per Farman of Hazir Imam.
What cracks me up is that you would say that the Imam is God in some sense many people do think as physically so it is laughable if you say this and then criticize others for doing the same. From my recent trip to the Dark Continent I have learned a lot and on of those things are that use of metaphors were and are very common in written and spoken forms. That leads me to believe that may be perhaps that is what people were talking about two thousand years age. A good example would be 'Windy City' another name for Chicago. Although Chicago is windy (but Boston is the windiest) but the title of Windy City was not because of the winds in Chicago, it is because of the old politicians and their talks. Or there are 50 states in the United States but truly there are 45 states and 5 commonwealths plus Guam, Puerto Rico and US Virgin Islands.
star_munir

Post by star_munir »

As you wrote:
What cracks me up is that you would say that the Imam is God in some sense many people do think as physically so it is laughable if you say this and then criticize others for doing the same

I have never wrote so. If you have read in discussions Is Hazer Imam God? all have discussed that Physical body of Imam is not God and from shriati point of view it is not proper to say Imam God. If it is that Imam is God, it not means that it refers to Physical Body of Imam otherwise uptil now there had been 49 Gods but this is not the case. God is one. Noor of Imam is same. The Body changes but the Divine Light is same in every Imam.
Infact there were lot of arguments of me with Roxy in discussions under differences between Nuseris and Ismailis of the same and finally he left the forum but in his website you can still read the same things which he used to wrote in wrong manner in this forum that God is human etc
Here is a link of his website http://aniskamdar.net/
unnalhaq

Post by unnalhaq »

star_munir wrote:As you wrote:
I have never wrote so. If you have read in discussions Is Hazer Imam God? all have discussed that Physical body of Imam is not God and from shriati point of view it is not proper to say Imam God. If it is that Imam is God, it not means that it refers to Physical Body of Imam otherwise uptil now there had been 49 Gods but this is not the case. God is one. Noor of Imam is same. The Body changes but the Divine Light is same in every Imam.
Infact there were lot of arguments of me with Roxy in discussions under differences between Nuseris and Ismailis of the same and finally he left the forum but in his website you can still read the same things which he used to wrote in wrong manner in this forum that God is human etc
Here is a link of his website http://aniskamdar.net/
Thanks for the web link :?
Here is an excerpt of the farman (MWANZA, TANZANIA, SATURDAY, 8TH OCTOBER, 1988 ) that you might like... "These, therefore, are the issues that need to be addressed in the years ahead. That is why when I made my plans to visit Tanzania and many people said: `You must come to Mwanza, you must come to Dodoma, you must come to Arusha', and so on and so forth, I felt it necessary to explain to the Jamat that for you and for me there are 24 hours in the day, and nobody can change that; nobody can change that. Allah alone might one day change that at His will, but no one else can change that. That being the fact, it is the responsibility of the Imam of the time to be as available as possible to as many Jamats as possible around the world."
I think people like Roxy may just give up and because it is sometimes useless to argue or discuss when the whole story is clear on one side or neither of the sides.
Last edited by unnalhaq on Mon Apr 18, 2005 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ShamsB

Post by ShamsB »

unnalhaq wrote: As to Abu Ali's view point on inter faith marriages is not religious but more or less cultural of which he may be a victim of. What I mean by that is that just narrow minded perhaps. Someone had explained to me by giving the example of a frog that lives in a well.
Ginan: Gat mahe Avine..

Apni Naat chodi, Paar nate vevaar na kijiye.

ShamsB
unnalhaq

Post by unnalhaq »

ShamsB wrote:
Ginan: Gat mahe Avine..

Apni Naat chodi, Paar nate vevaar na kijiye.

ShamsB
Neia Resume', Pas compris, Non capito & No entendió.

S'il vous plaît répéter ?
star_munir

Post by star_munir »

What does it mean?
ShamsB

Post by ShamsB »

star_munir wrote:What does it mean?

it means he can't understand a simple ginan.
star_munir

Post by star_munir »

Long ago some one posted here Quranic Verse for concept of Das Avtar and was discussion on it. I just read this from Ginan and thought to post it
O momins! if one engages in the study of the Holy Quran he/she will know that the Mercy of religion is physically seated as the tenth manifestation of the Lord. Ginan SAHENTAR DEEP ME SHAAH ZAAHER BETTHAA
Admin

Post by Admin »

ShamsB wrote:
star_munir wrote:What does it mean?

it means he can't understand a simple ginan.
Civility demands that one should not assume that only Gujrati speaking khojas are part of the Ismaili Forum. Please translate in English by courtesy for the general surfer of this site. Also this web site contains numerous interviews and texts where the present and previous Imams have made it clear that marriage in Islam is NOT a religious act but is a civil contract.

Admin
star_munir

Post by star_munir »

I also think it would be better to discuss in a fine environment rather than fighting and being angry. Previous postings of UnnalHaq shows he do not have knowledge of Ginans and there are many ismailis who do not understand the language of Ginans but this is not a proper manner to write Neia Resume', Pas compris, Non capito & No ente etc You can ask its meaning rather than to write like this afterall?
As,"For every minute you are angry with some one you lose 60 seconds of happiness that you can never get."
unnalhaq

Post by unnalhaq »

star_munir wrote:I also think it would be better to discuss in a fine environment rather than fighting and being angry. Previous postings of UnnalHaq shows he do not have knowledge of Ginans and there are many ismailis who do not understand the language of Ginans but this is not a proper manner to write Neia Resume', Pas compris, Non capito & No ente etc You can ask its meaning rather than to write like this afterall?
As,"For every minute you are angry with some one you lose 60 seconds of happiness that you can never get."
My point exactly!
You go about quoting things, where there is no translation or it is (understanding of if) is just limited to a cretin group of people and that is all well and good as long as you are with in that same group of people. Lets look at the topic again, "Elders of the Jamat versus Pluralism"
Where you need to have the understanding that (even within Ismailisam) there are individuals from groups differing in basic background experiences and cultures who have one thing in common is the Imam. I think at this point it is also necessary to point out that how people interpret Imam; some will tell you that He is Allah ("God")/ He is God's voice/ He is God in Human Form (God on earth)/ He is Muhammad's successor/ He is God's messenger/ He is the Authority holder/ He is the Leader of the Faith/ He is the Guide.

I think you read me completely wrong, I am not angry. I am presently admiring the effects or emotions that brought out from you (and few others) when all I said was that I don't understand and please repeat (in a different language); to show you that not everyone speaks the same language but as per Imam's Farmans everyone must learn English.

(Do) not understand in Polish (Neia Resume'), French (Pas compris), Italian (Non capito) and Spanish (No entendió).
Please to repeat? In French (S'il vous plaît répéter ?) I chose French twice is because I know that there are a few Ismailis in Canada would know it and Spanish because there are few (Ismailis) in/from Texas who may know a little and can contribute.
Last edited by unnalhaq on Wed Apr 20, 2005 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Admin

Post by Admin »

Let's all come back to the thread of this discussion. Please refer to the title.

Admin
===============
star_munir

Post by star_munir »

"...Infact, in the interest of the universal unification of mankind the Quran ignores the minor differences and says : Come, let us unite to what is common to us all, which obviously encourages muslims to assimilate ideas and even customs from others."
[Imam Sultan Mohamed Shah's reply to TIMES,London]
unnalhaq

Post by unnalhaq »

Found it!
I have always for some reason or another known that this was out there just for me! :roll:

1933, September 12: The Gwadar jamat sent a humble letter to the Imam in London on September 12, 1933 for making a gracious visit of Gwadar. The Imam sent his message on September 21, 1933 as follows: - Ismaili Council, Gwadar - "Best loving blessings for your letter of 12th Sep. and entertainment. Make Gujrati as a second language in Persian regions and teach only Persian and Urdu in future under your supervision."

http://www.ismaili.net/today/0912.html
ShamsB

Post by ShamsB »

unnalhaq wrote:Found it!
I have always for some reason or another known that this was out there just for me! :roll:

1933, September 12: The Gwadar jamat sent a humble letter to the Imam in London on September 12, 1933 for making a gracious visit of Gwadar. The Imam sent his message on September 21, 1933 as follows: - Ismaili Council, Gwadar - "Best loving blessings for your letter of 12th Sep. and entertainment. Make Gujrati as a second language in Persian regions and teach only Persian and Urdu in future under your supervision."

http://www.ismaili.net/today/0912.html
Nairobi 22nd March 2005
Please recite the holy salwat.

"One of the important questions the Imam will ask himself and wishes to share with the Jamat is: forward thinking-trying to anticipate the processes of change in various parts of the world so that the Jamat may be able to prepare itself for the changes and make those change work for itself.
The critical issue is language. Many years ago, many countries didn’t want the English language as their common force and they had a good reason for that, but in our institutions we continued with English not to accept only English but continued with English. Those decisions were critical and I think it is important for the jamat to keep in mind that the national language is going to be critical for your future, but in global terms of knowledge, of access to new sciences, to new ways of performing endeavor, English is going to be a carrier language. It is important therefore that you should be able to communicate in English as well as in the national language. "

Please recite the holy Salwat.

Shams
unnalhaq

Post by unnalhaq »

O’Lord blesses thy blessings upon Muhammad and Muhammad’s progeny.
Allahhumma sallaallah Muhammaddin Wa-ualla Muhammad

I collect these Farmans. For some reason or another I almost never hear the ones with the call for (learnning) English in JKs’ in US. Perhaps it is too difficult to follow! Or that is way I am usually a half a second behind in saying Amen.
star_munir

Post by star_munir »

It is in Memoirs of Aga Khan.
“……So far as I was concerned the three teachers the Jesuits found for Me were all excellent men. Of them I can say nothing but good. But alas of the man responsible for my education in Arabic and Persian and in all matters Islamic I have nothing but bad to say. He was extremely learned, a profound scholar with a deep and extensive knowledege of Arabic literature and of Islamic history but all his learning had not widened his mind or warmed his heart............... If Islam had indeed been the thing he taught then surely God had sent Muhammad not to be a blessing for all mankind but a curse. It was saddening and in a sense of frightening to listen to him talk. He gave one of the feeling that God had created men solely to send them hell and eternal damnation........ This form of Shiaism attains its climax during the month of Mohram with its lamnetations and its dreadful cursings. Reaction against its hatred, intolerance and bigotry has I know coloured My whole life and I have found My answer in the simple prayer that God in His infinite mercy will forgive the sins of all muslims, the slayer and the slain and that all may be reconciled in heaven in a final total absolution. And I further pray that all who truly and sincerely believe in God, be they christian,jew,buddhist or brahmin, who strive to do good and avoid evil, who are gentle and Kind will be joined in heaven and be granted final pardon and peace………..My early environment was one of the widest tolerance,there was in our home never any prejudice against hindus or hindusim and a great many of our attendants and servants, our gardeners,messengers,sepoys and guards and many of those whose work was connected with buying and selling, marketing and rent collection were hindus. My mother was her self a genuine mystic in the muslim tradition and she habitually spent a great deal of time in prayer for spiritual enlightment and for union with God.”
Last edited by star_munir on Thu May 05, 2005 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.