Cambridge testimony

Activities of the Imam and the Noorani family.
Admin

Cambridge testimony

Post by Admin »

AS RECEIVED

Ya Ali Madad to all,

This is with great pleasure for me to inform you all that
Maulana Hazir Imam has got a honorary degree of Doctorate of
Divinity which is considered the most prestigious degree in
United Kingdom . This was a great honour for
all of us as MHI came with Noorani Family to the University
of Cambridge yesterday. Maulana Hazir Imam got a big big
applause after His name was taken in the ceremony. Duke of
edinburgh granted Him this degree in a gathering of only
around 250 people from University of Cambridge and
fortunately, I was one of them.

He looked very happy on this occassion as Noorani family
was. Around 9 other people got different degrees notable,
Mr. Bill and Melinda Gates. But the degree which MHI go was
of different standard and He genuinely got applause which
had people's true warmth and feeling for His work for us
and the whole world. This is a proud moment for all of us as
He was called Spiritual Leader of Ismailies and thats the
biggest thing for us.

After the ceremony, there was a Garden Party for all the
people in the ceremony. Many other ismailies were standing
out of the hall to see a glimpse of Him which they
eventually got. Alham-du-Lillah. The graden party was
magnificent as we , the three ismaili students from
Cambridge , got to see Him very closely. But the moment to
follow was a hand shake with Him and that feeling for me was
like in Heaven and on top of the world. We were waiting for
this to happen but wasn't expecting. We were standing
there with Maula's PI and here comes the Man of the
Moment, our beloved Maulana Hazir Imam. We were thrilled by
this moment. we shook hand with Him and that moment has no
words. We introduced our selves and i told Him that i am
doing PhD. He asked: "in which subject". I
answered: " In Pathology and working on Cancer".
Then Vice- Chancellor came and connection was broken but the
feeling cannot be said in words. Alham-du-lillah. Shukar
Maula.

So the story continues and we were waiting for something to
happen and we get to talk to Noorani family who was standing
and talking to themselves. We thought thats the best time to
talk to them and we went to Prince Hussain, who i think the
most friendly person as a Prince i have ever seen. He was
having fun in the party and we were talking like friends. We
introduced our selves and our courses and we talked on
common topics. One of Ismaili student even talked about the
parties and formals at cambridge . We were just three there
and Prince Hussain. Then he said: "Let me introduce you
all to my sister". and he called Princess Zahra to come
here while she was talking to someone else. She then came to
us. We introduced ourselves. We started general topics that
its nice to see whole family together here at Cambridge and
you must be tired. She said: "No, no, its not Jet Leg
but its Child Leg". We laughed at once. because you all
know she has to see all the kids as well. Then she told us
that Prince Hussain came here directly from Canada with MHi
after recieving degree at university of Alberta and Prince
Rahim just came from Central Asia . Then she asked a ismaili
student about his course and then she asked me about my
course. I told her about my Scholarship and Phd in Cancer.
She said: " Yes, we need some treatment for it".
and i said we are trying our best to have something.

That was all friendly conversation going on and suddenly
MHI came. We were shocked as we stopped talking and just
watching Him. He came and asked Princess Zahra that they
have to leave now. He was going away but again come back to
us. This time He said: "Let me tell you one thing, In
Pakistan , each and every council member has got Tertiary
Education. Congratulations to you all and you are our
future". He said to us. "This is a proud moment
for our community", he continued. "And i see you
all in the future to do it". While he was telling us,
He looked really really happy about it. He gave us good
luck. we shook hands with Prince Hussain. Princes Zahra gave
us a good smile and MHI and family left the scene, took
their Helicopter and went back to france .

This was short but an eventful real life exprience for me
as this was once in a lifetime opportunity for me and i
wanted you all to join me in this Fantabulous moment of my
life. May Maula give us this chance in our lives. Ameen

Cheers

Regards,

NAUSHAD
MOTI
PhD
Student
Turner
Lab
Division of
Molecular Histopathology
Department of
Pathology, University of
Cambridge
salimlalani

mULAQAT WITH MAWLANA HAZAR IMAM

Post by salimlalani »

Excellent Keep it Up Mubarak May Mawla Fulfill all Your Future Wishes. Take Imam's Message to Your heart & implement His Wish I'M sure Future is Bright
shiraz.virani

Post by shiraz.virani »

lots and lots of mubaraki brother naushad , out of some 15 million ismaili muslims , you and your 2 friends were the chosen one, iam really very happy for you

i would also like to congratulate your family for helping you in persuing this career....

i would want you to convey this message to your other 2 friends.... lots and lots of mubaraki and love from the jamat worldwide
just get this in your heart.....

EVERYTHING HAPPENS FOR A REASON :wink:

i hope and pray that insha allah one day you'll find the cure for cancer.
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

Ismailimail dedicated page for all posts related to His Highness the Aga Khan receiving honorary Doctor of Divinity from University of Cambridge
June 12, 2009
Posted by ismailimail in Aga Khan IV, Awards, Cambridge Doctor of Dvinity, Europe, London.
trackback
http://ismailimail.wordpress.com/about/ ... niversity/
Admin

Post by Admin »

http://www.akdn.org/press_release.asp?ID=769

Image Aga Khan Awarded an Honorary Doctorate at University of Cambridge; UCA Scholars to Study at Cambridge

Please also see: Photographs and Web Video of Ceremony (on University of Cambridge Website)

http://www.akdn.org/photos_show.asp?Sid=146

Cambridge, United Kingdom, 12th June 2009 - His Highness the Aga Khan, Imam (spiritual leader) of the Shia Ismaili Muslims and Founder and Chairman of the Aga Khan Development Network, today received an Honorary Doctorate of Divinity from the University of Cambridge.

The Aga Khan becomes the first Muslim to receive the distinction in the University’s 800 year history.

“As we celebrate our eight hundredth anniversary, it is perhaps fitting that we first honour a man who traces his ancestry to the sixth century, and to the Prophet Mohammed, peace be upon him,” said Dr Rupert Thompson, classicist and Fellow of Selwyn College, in a citation read out in Latin in keeping with the College’s tradition. He went on to say: “Since becoming the fourth Aga Khan, he has worked tirelessly through his Development Network to ensure that those who are oppressed by the worst poverty should enjoy a reasonable standard of healthcare, education and financial security. And this is not humanitarianism, as he says, but the requirement of his faith.”

“The Honorary Doctorate of Divinity is awarded to individuals who have made a global impact through their religious leadership," said Tim Winter, Academic Secretary in the Faculty of Divinity. "I am delighted that His Highness the Aga Khan, whose charitable and spiritual leadership has a truly worldwide reach, and whose support for scholarship has impacted profoundly on Islamic Studies, should have been chosen for this well-deserved honour.”

The Aga Khan was among a distinguished group of 12 people who were presented Honorary Degrees by the Chancellor of the University, His Royal Highness the Duke of Edinburgh. Bill and Melinda Gates, who both received Doctor of Law degrees, and Professor Amartya Sen, who received a Doctor of Letters, were among the other recipients.

Honorary Doctorates are the University's highest honour. Recent recipients of the Honorary Doctorate of Divinity include John Sentamu, the Archbishop of York, Rowan Williams, the Archbishop of Canterbury, Desmond Tutu, the Archbishop of Cape Town, and the United Kingdom’s Chief Rabbi, Dr Jonathan Sacks.

The award of an honorary degree to the Aga Khan coincided with the signing of a scholarship agreement between the Cambridge Overseas Trust and the University of Central Asia (UCA). The UCA will eventually comprise three campuses being built in mountainous areas -- in Khorog, Tajikistan; Tekeli, Kazakhstan; and Naryn, Kyrgyz Republic.

The University of Central Asia Cambridge Scholarships, which are fully funded, will enable outstanding young students from Central Asia to study for higher degrees at Cambridge. The agreement was signed by the Director of the Cambridge Overseas Trust and the Director of the University of Central Asia. The signing was witnessed by the Vice-Chancellor of the University of Cambridge, Professor Alison Richard, and His Highness the Aga Khan.

While at Cambridge, the Aga Khan, who was accompanied by members of his family, visited the Pembroke College Library and a special exhibition of the College’s treasures.

Earlier in the week, he received an Honorary Doctor of Laws degree from the University of Alberta in recognition of his efforts in improving the lives of millions of the world's poorest people and for building a global culture of tolerance.
nagib

Post by nagib »

Aga Khan awarded an honorary doctorate at Cambridge University

http://www.app.com.pk/en_/index.php?opt ... 2&Itemid=2

LONDON, June 27 (APP)- Aga Khan, the spiritual leader of Ismaili community, has been awarded the honorary doctorate of Divinity by the prestigious Cambridge University.

In receiving this honour, The Aga Khan becomes the first Muslim to receive the distinction in the University’s 800 year history, Aga Khan Foundation has announced.

The award of an honorary degree to the Aga Khan coincided with the signing of a scholarship agreement between the Cambridge Overseas Trust and the University of Central Asia (UCA).

The UCA will eventually consist of three campuses being built in Tajikistan, Kazakhstan and the Kyrgyz Republic.

The Aga Khan was among a distinguished group of 12 people who were presented Honorary Degrees by the Chancellor of the University, the Duke of Edinburgh.

Microsoft Chairman Bill and his wife Melinda Gates, who both received Doctor of Law degrees, and Nobel Prize winner Professor Amartya Sen, who received a Doctor of Letters, were among the other recipients.

Aga Khan, who is the Founder and Chairman of the Aga Khan Development Network, had earlier received an Honorary Doctor of Laws degree from the University of Alberta, Canada, in recognition of his efforts in improving the lives of millions of the world’s poorest people and for building a global culture of tolerance.

Dr Rupert Thompson, Fellow of Selwyn College, in a citation read out in Latin in keeping with the college’s tradition said: “Since becoming the fourth Aga Khan, he has worked tirelessly through his Development Network to ensure that those who are oppressed by the worst poverty should enjoy a reasonable standard of healthcare, education and financial security. And this is not humanitarianism, as he says, but the requirement of his faith.”

“The Honorary Doctorate of Divinity is awarded to individuals who have made a global impact through their religious leadership,” said Tim Winter, Academic Secretary in the Faculty of Divinity. “I am delighted that His Highness the Aga Khan, whose charitable and spiritual leadership has a truly worldwide reach, and whose support for scholarship has impacted pr