Why don't we preform wudu? (washing ourslelves)

Discussion on doctrinal issues
prince_visram

Why don't we preform wudu? (washing ourslelves)

Post by prince_visram »

I know I shouldn't be asking this because I am in love with my religion - Ismailism...

But some stupid foolish youtube videos are bringing questions to my mind about my faith. It is now bugging me on why we dont preform wudu or wash befrore prayer, because it says it in the Quran.

Sorry if I am sounding stupid but I am just wondering why. Thank you..
agakhani

Post by agakhani »

If you take shower before going Jamat Khana than you do not need to wazu again, in north America almost all Jamati members taking shower before going in Jamat khana. Actually wazu was started in middle east where sands were the problematic issue, it was causing health problems so Prophet insisted all Arabs to do wazu before Namaz and which is good practice if yoy perform exactyly accrding the prophet's guide.
There are too many things quoted in Quran-e-Sharif as well( which all muslim must have to follow) but I bet you, not all Muslims follow that so do not worry what they are saying and what they are doing.
Our religion is flexible and it change as per the time and circumstances.
I would like to see that link of youtube video which you mentioned in your post.
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

This issue has been discussed in this forum under:

Customs and Traditions --> Wazu

http://www.ismaili.net/html/modules.php ... topic&t=25

Customs and Traditions --> Wuzu

http://www.ismaili.net/html/modules.php ... pic&t=1047
KhojaIsmaili

Post by KhojaIsmaili »

As our Pir has said "Kapra dhowe to kya hua, dil dhowe..." (Washing your clothes does not make you pure, purity comes from the heart.)

When we go to Jamat Khana, we are expected to go with a clean heart and mind. Isn't that an internal wazu? If you physically clean your hands and feet, but go with a selfish heart, what use is that?

Also, I have heard this somewhere (in a waez I think), that when you enter Jamat Khana, Hazar Imam washes your face...symbolically speaking, your sins are washed away. Isn't that purity?
prince_visram

Post by prince_visram »

agakhani wrote:If you take shower before going Jamat Khana than you do not need to wazu again, in north America almost all Jamati members taking shower before going in Jamat khana. Actually wazu was started in middle east where sands were the problematic issue, it was causing health problems so Prophet insisted all Arabs to do wazu before Namaz and which is good practice if yoy perform exactyly accrding the prophet's guide.
There are too many things quoted in Quran-e-Sharif as well( which all muslim must have to follow) but I bet you, not all Muslims follow that so do not worry what they are saying and what they are doing.
I would like to see that link of youtube video which you mentioned in your post.
Thank you for this clear answer. And trust me, you don't want to see these videos, they are quite foolish and make no sense. But I will post the links anyway upon your request. I have tried to put comments on their videos about why what they are saying is wrong, but whenever I do so, the people against our religion come back and talk rubbish about Ismailism. Read the comments below these videos, they are disgusting. And if these people call themselves Muslims, they need to learn that Islam is religion of peace, not hatred between their brothers and sisters. I don't know why I am writing all this to you, but I am sorry I am just so ticked off. Anyway, there are a few videos, these ones below are the ones I passed by while searching for some stuff about my religion..

EDITED.

Please only view these videos if you are strong in your faith and can fight off what these people are saying about our religion.. & Thanks for your answer..
prince_visram

Post by prince_visram »

KhojaIsmaili wrote:As our Pir has said "Kapra dhowe to kya hua, dil dhowe..." (Washing your clothes does not make you pure, purity comes from the heart.)

When we go to Jamat Khana, we are expected to go with a clean heart and mind. Isn't that an internal wazu? If you physically clean your hands and feet, but go with a selfish heart, what use is that?

Also, I have heard this somewhere (in a waez I think), that when you enter Jamat Khana, Hazar Imam washes your face...symbolically speaking, your sins are washed away. Isn't that purity?
Thank you very much! I love this answer! It makes perfect sense and is truly right. Thank you for sharing your beliefs.
prince_visram

Post by prince_visram »

kmaherali wrote:This issue has been discussed in this forum under:

Customs and Traditions --> Wazu

http://www.ismaili.net/html/modules.php ... topic&t=25

Customs and Traditions --> Wuzu

http://www.ismaili.net/html/modules.php ... pic&t=1047
Thank you K.Maherali, you are so active on the posts! I have searched through the links and have benefited the knowledge.. Thanks !
From_Alamut

Post by From_Alamut »

prince_visram wrote:
agakhani wrote:If you take shower before going Jamat Khana than you do not need to wazu again, in north America almost all Jamati members taking shower before going in Jamat khana. Actually wazu was started in middle east where sands were the problematic issue, it was causing health problems so Prophet insisted all Arabs to do wazu before Namaz and which is good practice if yoy perform exactyly accrding the prophet's guide.
Thank you for this clear answer. And trust me, you don't want to see these videos, they are quite foolish and make no sense. But I will post the links anyway upon your request. I have tried to put comments on their videos about why what they are saying is wrong, but whenever I do so, the people against our religion come back and talk rubbish about Ismailism. Read the comments below these videos, they are disgusting. And if these people call themselves Muslims, they need to learn that Islam is religion of peace, not hatred between their brothers and sisters. I don't know why I am writing all this to you, but I am sorry I am just so ticked off. Anyway, there are a few videos, these ones below are the ones I passed by while searching for some stuff about my religion..

EDITED

Please only view these videos if you are strong in your faith and can fight off what these people are saying about our religion.. & Thanks for your answer..
Allah said in the Holy Quran that Islam is a universal Religion that doesn't mean that only those desert Arab can be called Muslim, also, Islam is not belong to one community, Islam is for every believer since it stands for Peace. Secondly, Allah said in the Wise Quran that there is no Compulsion in Religion, so who the hell these uneducated people think they are and why are they judging us Muslims and others ..BECAUSE THEY ARE UNEDUCATED AND HAVE NO WISDOM.... Also, the Holy prophet(asa) said in of his Hadith that one day I leave this world phsycially my Mummah will be divided into 73 sects...... So no one has the right to call one another Kafer. We all are Muslim brothers and sisters..... Anther haditht he Prophet(asa) one who dies without knowing his IMAM OF THE TIME, he/she dies as Kufer......
Therefore, whoever does not recognize his/her IMAM OF THE TIME , then THEIR HEARTS ARE NOT MUSLIM.
prince_visram

Post by prince_visram »

From_Alamut wrote:
prince_visram wrote:

EDITED

Allah said in the Holy Quran that Islam is a universal Religion that doesn't mean that only those desert Arab can be called Muslim, also, Islam is not belong to one community, Islam is for every believer since it stands for Peace. Secondly, Allah said in the Wise Quran that there is no Compulsion in Religion, so who the hell these uneducated people think they are and why are they judging us Muslims and others ..BECAUSE THEY ARE UNEDUCATED AND HAVE NO WISDOM.... Also, the Holy prophet(asa) said in of his Hadith that one day I leave this world phsycially my Mummah will be divided into 73 sects...... So no one has the right to call one another Kafer. We all are Muslim brothers and sisters..... Anther haditht he Prophet(asa) one who dies without knowing his IMAM OF THE TIME, he/she dies as Kufer......
Therefore, whoever does not recognize his/her IMAM OF THE TIME , then THEIR HEARTS ARE NOT MUSLIM.
I completely agree, and I honestly now don't care what others thing of my religion and my faith.. They cant judge anyone, no one has the right to judge any religion, except for He who is above all else. Thank you.
znanwalla

Post by znanwalla »

Ablution.....

A daily bath is necessary and washing hands today is an absolute necessity all the time - One must use water all the time to cleanse or use tissue papers in absence of water...and if anyone has NOT taken a complete bath (like the Ismailis do - sometimes a bubble bath also) then Yes they also have to wash their hands, face and feet as one must come for prayers willingly with the fear of Allah and so everyone should take a bath before coming for prayers so that Allah may be pleased with you all.

Unfortunately the theologians have unduly added lots of unnecessary details...maulvi Muhamad Ali says:.."Wudzu is just a simple process and the object is to clean the parts which are generally exposed.."

Modern discoveries today will show that apart from just washing the hands and feet and the face, there are other things which are also necessary to maintain complete hygiene and good health.

The Prophet has said.."look smart and clean" ! the Ismailis are both smart and clean and they take baths !

If anyone does a scholarly study of the relevant ayah..."and if you are unclean, purify yourselves and if ye are not sick or on a journey or one of you have a contact with women...then go to a higher ground and rub your faces and your hands...Allah would NOT place a burden on you but HE would purify you and would perfect HIS grace..." indicates that a complete bath with total hygiene is obviously preferable and more hygenic and a sound alternative also in these modern times !

Now Islam preaches PURIFICATION of not only the body but also of the mind and the soul and the "Jihad" unlike what these fools do, is to fight the inner evil and struggle or strive in the cause of Allah and live by the ethics of Islam as Islam is a way of life.

Allah loves those who purify themselves mentally and physically before saying their prayers and so the condition of Wudzu is applicable to all .

A remarkable transformation took place among the arabs after embracing Islam.

The pagans remained dirty and unclean throughout their lives - the pagan folks lived a nomadic life in the company of mnay animals - there was scarcity of water and so they were unhygenic and filthy just like the beasts they lived with as nomads.

Many of them actually took a bath once or twice in their lifetime.

WUDZU : so who says Ismailis do not do Wudzu?unless ofcourse they do not understand its historical context and ethic as many times people do rituals without actually understanding what they are doing or why?

Wudzu(pronounced woo-zoo)means ablution to clean all exposed and dirty parts of the body and the root of this arabic word is "waza" which means shape and beauty!

Islam improves every aspect of human life and it is a complete guidance for the world and the spiritual affairs of mankind.