Franšais  |  Mission  |  About us  |  Disclaimer  |  Contact  |  What's new  |  FAQ  |  Search  | 

Welcome to The Heritage Web Site

-->
MY HERITAGE
New Heritage
Main Page
New Account
Set as Homepage
My Account
Logout
GOLDEN JUBILEE
Statistics
DIDARS
COMMUNICATE
Forums
Guestbook
Members List
Recommend Us
NEWS
Timelines
Ismaili History
Today in History
LEARN
Library
Youth's Corner
Ginans
FAIR
Gallery
Photo Album
Others

www.ismaili.net :: View topic - The # of lwords in each ginan signifies raag..
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   
Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages

The # of lwords in each ginan signifies raag..

View previous topic :: View next topic  
prince_visram

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 6:33 pm    Post subject: The # of lwords in each ginan signifies raag.. Reply with quote

I FOUND THIS REALLY INTERSTING:

I am soo excited to share this with you all!! I was talking to my Uncle who is a Waez (Firoz Ladah), and he was telling me the significance within the words of each Ginan. So I researched it and it turns out he was right. Here is my research icon_smile.gif:

to figure out the raag of a ginan, you count the letters in the first verse and match them with another ginan by the same author. an example:

utth jaag man meraa, tu(n) kaayku(n) sotaa hay
maankhaa janam ratan hay, so kaayku(n) khotaa hay
utth jaag man meraa.

WordCount: 20

ejee tum chet man meraa, jugmaa(n)he kon teraa
mat khaa-o jutthaa feraa, guru kahe te pukaar
tum chet man meraa.

And they are both by Imaam Begum. THIS IS AMAZING!!!

Although he also said that this "research" i did is also in a ginan that says this is how to find out the raag. I did not ask him what ginan it was that said this, and don't know when i will next talk to him.. Great if you have knowledge on this.. Thanks

PS also please try and do wordcount on other ginans to confirm if this is true.. ! This is sooo facinating!! icon_eek.gif
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
ShamsB

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 8:49 pm    Post subject: Re: The # of lwords in each ginan signifies raag.. Reply with quote

prince_visram wrote:
I FOUND THIS REALLY INTERSTING:

I am soo excited to share this with you all!! I was talking to my Uncle who is a Waez (Firoz Ladah), and he was telling me the significance within the words of each Ginan. So I researched it and it turns out he was right. Here is my research icon_smile.gif:

to figure out the raag of a ginan, you count the letters in the first verse and match them with another ginan by the same author. an example:

utth jaag man meraa, tu(n) kaayku(n) sotaa hay
maankhaa janam ratan hay, so kaayku(n) khotaa hay
utth jaag man meraa.

ejee tum chet man meraa, jugmaa(n)he kon teraa
mat khaa-o jutthaa feraa, guru kahe te pukaar
tum chet man meraa.

And they are both by Imaam Begum. THIS IS AMAZING!!!

Although he also said that this "research" i did is also in a ginan that says this is how to find out the raag. I did not ask him what ginan it was that said this, and don't know when i will next talk to him.. Great if you have knowledge on this.. Thanks

PS also please try and do wordcount on other ginans to confirm if this is true.. ! This is sooo facinating!! icon_eek.gif

Most of our ginans are based on Indian Shlokas and Raagas each one meant to evoke certain stimuli and responses from within us.

Shams
View users profile Send private message
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ismaili.net Forum Index -> Ginans All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: