Masjid and Mosque

Activities of the Imam and the Noorani family.

Masjid and Mosque

Post by Guest »

What is the difference between MASJID and MOSQUE?
star_munir

Post by star_munir »

There is no difference. Mosque and Masjid are same. In urdu and hindi we say Masjid while in English is called as Mosque.
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

There is a related topic under Current Issues -> Mosques vs. Masjid. It has a discussion on how it relates to Jamatkhana.

Post by Guest »

star_munir wrote:There is no difference. Mosque and Masjid are same. In urdu and hindi we say Masjid while in English is called as Mosque.

So instead of saying I am going to JK, is it ok to say I am going to Masjid?
al-azhar

Mosques & Masjids

Post by al-azhar »

Click on to the "Current Issues" in the Forum and read about Mosques Vs Masjid. It will answer your question.
Admin

Post by Admin »

Anonymous wrote: So instead of saying I am going to JK, is it ok to say I am going to Masjid?
A masjid or MOsque is not a Jamatkhana.

"At this juncture, perhaps, it would be appropriate to situate one of the functions of the Ismaili Centre in the tradition of Muslim piety. For many centuries, a prominent feature of the Muslim religious landscape has been the variety of spaces of gathering co-existing harmoniously with the masjid, which in itself has accommodated a range of diverse institutional spaces for educational, social and reflective purposes. Historically serving communities of different interpretations and spiritual affiliations, these spaces have retained their cultural nomenclatures and characteristics, from ribat and zawiyya to khanaqa and jamatkhana. The congregational space incorporated within the Ismaili Centre belongs to the historic category of jamatkhana, an institutional category that also serves a number of sister Sunni and Shia communities, in their respective contexts, in many parts of the world. Here, it will be space reserved for traditions and practices specific to the Shia Ismaili tariqah of Islam. "

http://ismaili.net/timeline/2003/20031213akdn2.html
star_munir

Post by star_munir »

In masjid or mosque any muslim can come but Jamat Khana is place only for ismailis.

Difference betwwen mosque and Jamat Khana according to Ginans

Aashajee masiyat mahein jai baang ja dessey
in k dil mahein aisa ji
Rasool vina jo namaj gujaray
te vela hoisey andhera, Hari Anant......

Satgur kahere gat saghri ma Shaha Pir vaasey
aney gat mahein jot ja jaan
star_munir

Post by star_munir »

Oh I forgot to wrote the meaning of above quoted verses of Ginans.
The meaning of First one is
Oh Lord Those who go to the mosque and invoke the name of God
that's how they feel in their hearts
If one performs the nimaaz without the
Messenger(Murshid)
he/she will have wasted his time in darkness
Haree You are eternal...
So it means that Noor of Prophet and Imam is not in mosque or masjid but as for Jamat Khana it is.
In secondverse which I quoted means that in Jamat Khana Shah Pir lives and their Noor is present in Jamat Khana.
In Ginan Is duniya main tu bholi kem....Pir Hassan Kabirdin called Jamat Khana as home of Mowla Ali and Prophet Muhamad[PBUH].
jasmine

Post by jasmine »

That's right and Jamat Khana is our identity.
hussainkhan55

Post by hussainkhan55 »

Masjid is a palace which is STRICTLY uesd for religious purpose WHAERAS JK not only serves as a praying space but task of mehmani, nanndi , alms giving, and religious hymns are sung in the house of God i.e. JK.