Abu Talib

Whatever happened before 910 A.D.
kmaherali

Abu Talib

Post by kmaherali »

Does anyone know when Hazarat Ali's father passed away? I am trying to determine how old Hazarat Ali was when he became the Imam. (I am not thinking of Ghadir e khum)

Abu Talib

Post by Guest »

Ya Ali Madad:
The only info I could get is both Bibi Khadija and Abu Talib died in the same period (10th year of revelation). Maybe this might give you a clue to calculate the date. My info may not be correct.
Mehboob
star_munir

Post by star_munir »

10th year of Nabuwat of Prophet Muhammad [PBUH], Hazrat Abu Talib died. Hazrat Khadija also died in same year. This year is called as Aam ul hazan i.e, year of sorrows
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

Thanks! That makes him around 20 yrs old.
Samp-Ali

Post by Samp-Ali »

I find it very interesting that Abu Talib was in fact the 77th Imam of the Budh Avatar. It seems this 'cyclical' Imamat revolving around the #7 holds true.<BR><BR>
arshad1988

Post by arshad1988 »

Ya Ali Madad to all.

I had a question regarding Abu Talib. According to previous readings (I do not have sources) - I have heard that Prophet Muhammad's uncle was not Muslim, and Prophet Muhammad(saws) during the time when his uncle was in his deathbed, pleaded for his uncle to say the shahadah. Now my question is, was this uncle Abu Talib? I cannot possibly imagine for it to be him since he was the Imam before Mowla Ali. But then why (if this story is true) would the Holy Prophet (peace be upon him) plead and cry for this uncle to say the shahadah since this uncle seemed to have been very dear to him, and I can only conclude for him to be none other than Abu Talib. Thanks, and Ya Ali Madad!

-Arshad
star_munir

Post by star_munir »

Mowla Ali madad. According to some non ismaili Sources Abu Talib had not accepted Islam. However as according to Ismailism Abu Talib was Imam before Ali so the question of bein muslim or non muslim definately not arise. It is in history that Abu Talib had always supported Prophet Muhammad (P.B.U.H) when people of Quresh were against Him. Prophet Muhammad (P.B.U.H) also loved him very much and said Aam ul hazan to the year in which Abu Talib passed away.
arshad1988

Post by arshad1988 »

Ya Ali Madad.
Thank you very much star_munir - really cleared things up for me. I was wondering because if it was true it could have been some sort of subliminal message for us for which an explanation was given to us in history as to why that was so - but this cleared things up a lot. Thank you. By the way , what is Aam ul Hazan? Ya Ali Madad.
star_munir

Post by star_munir »

Mowla Ali madad,
You are welcome.
Aam ul hazan means year of sorrows. Hazrat Khatija and Hazrat Abu Talib both passed away in same year.