INEQUALITY OF WEALTH

Current issues, news and ethics
nuseri

INEQUALITY OF WEALTH

Post by nuseri »

Ya Ali Madad.
A report from OXFAM UK on wealth that got released a week back.
It States that wealth of 62 richest persons is same as 50% that is 3.6 billion persons.
and wealth of top 1% is same as rest of 99% of the world population.
This is reality of the persons blessed or cursed from their acts of generosity to God and humanity at larger from their past lives.
This shows a Vast inequality and unbalanced ratio.Nevertheless a starking truth.
My question to our learned members.

Does it also stand true where spirituality status of all souls as observed today?
[/b]
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

As per MSMS, there is vast difference between a haqiqati and a shariati.

MSMS has also said that there must be 313 momins without whom the world cannot go on.

The exact Firman is: "There are always 313 true believers in this world. The world would not exist without these 313 true momins" (Majewdi, 27/12/1893).

In his Memoirs MSMS said:

"Islam acknowledges the existence of angels, of great souls who have developed themselves to the highest possible planes of the human soul and higher, and who are centres of the forces which are scattered throughout the Universe".

The Man of God is drunken without wine
The Man of God is sated without meat
The Man of God is rapturous, amazed
The Man of God has neither food nor sleep
The Man of God is a king beneath a humble cloak
The Man of God is a treasure in a ruin
The Man of God in not of wind and earth
The Man of God is not of fire and water
The Man of God is a sea without a shore
The Man of God rains pearls without a cloud
The Man of God has a hundred moons and skies
The Man of God has hundred sunshines
The Man of God is wise through Truth
The Man of God is not a scholar from a book
The Man of God is beyond faith and disbelief alike
For the Man of God what sin and merit is there?
The Man of God rode away from Non-being
The Man of God has come, sublimely riding
The Man of God Is, Concealed, O Shamsudin!
Search for, and find - The Man of God.

---Jalaluddin Rumi---
Admin

Post by Admin »

I think the above post is more appropriate in the thread about Rumi or shams Tabriz, not in this thread.
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

Admin wrote:I think the above post is more appropriate in the thread about Rumi or shams Tabriz, not in this thread.
How else can you explain the inequality of souls that nuseri has asked about?
Admin

Post by Admin »

I did not realise that this was a reply to the question about the inequality of soul. Seing the name of Rumi, I though it was mis-posted in the wrong thread.

I am not sure how the inequality of soul can be explained. The souls, all of them have the same source and according to me have been created equal (else God would be unjust)

However as they pass through this material word and various rebirths,
they are shaped differently according to their actions and intentions and the law of Karma kicks in which in turn explains the inequality.
Last edited by Admin on Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:09 am, edited 3 times in total.
nuseri

Post by nuseri »

Ya Ali Madad.
I feel first part of kmaherali is ok but the poem looks out of place in this topic.
It is nice to see members to give inputs on current reality as it stimulates our intellect while xxx years old data may brushed a jaded mind or even an outdated mind as we DO NOT live in those era.
It was nice to see an Ismaili Mr Azim Premji in the list of 62 names.He is giving off his 92% of his wealth for the cause of humanity.
As I observe ,I see the bottom 30% are partially living of on aid n donations,next 30% manage to survive just enough for their family.next 30% do spend 0.1% to 2.5% of their income in cause of God and Humanity and next 8% from 2.5% to 10% of their income and the blessed top 2 % give from 10% and above to God and cause of humanity.
I feel beside just wealth one should study the comfort level,contentment n happiness of each indivual wealth.
This data or study would have been true from their many past lives.
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

Admin wrote: I am not sure how the inequality of soul can be explained. The souls, all of them have the same source and according to me have been created equal (else God would be unjust)

However as they pass through this material word and various rebirths,
they are shaped differently according to their actions and intentions and the law of Karma kicks in which in turn explains the inequality.
I think you are contradicting yourself from the two statements above. On the one hand you are saying that the inequalities cannot be explained while on the other hand you are saying it can be explained through the law of karma!

MSMS explains this inequality at birth in his Memoirs:

"Roumi and Hafiz, the great Persian poets, have told us, each in his different way, that some men are born with such natural spiritual capacities and possibilities of development that they have direct experience of that great love, that all-embracing, all-consuming love, which direct contact with reality gives to the human soil.
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

nuseri wrote:Ya Ali Madad.
I feel first part of kmaherali is ok but the poem looks out of place in this topic..
No it is very much part of the topic. It indicates the difference between an ordinary person and the advanced soul and hence the inequality of the soul.
nuseri wrote: I feel beside just wealth one should study the comfort level,contentment n happiness of each indivual wealth.
This data or study would have been true from their many past lives.
Yes I agree, wealth should not be the sole criteria to evaluate inequalities. MHI has said in his Farman that a life of a poor man with faith is more valuable than a life of a rich man with none. In another Farman he has said that a life of a man without faith is not worth the dust on the road.
sameernoorani5

Post by sameernoorani5 »

Accumulation of wealth in few hands have been from beginning. God's system is divided in class system. Humans are not created equal. Inequality is one of the laws of nature. Richness has nothing to do with Karma but deeds. I am not in favor of richi riches. All rich persons are not saints and sufis but these billionaires are mostly helping poor masses. They are spending billions of dollars each year on welfare of poor persons. These rich persons and corporations pay 35 to 45% in taxes then spend 10 to 20% for helping to establish schools, colleges, universities, housing, food and on other charity works. Islam and other religions allow to make money but has imposed 10% Tithe on earnings. This religious formula is equal to all. Suppose a poor person is paying Rs 100 in tithe and a rich person is paying say Rs 1oo,ooo as 10% on his earnings then both have same rewards from God in my opinion. Other thing poor masses should stop having 10/12 children when they do not have means to take care of them, they should live within their means. Let me quote two proverbs in Kachhi to understand the God's syatem.
1.MAALIK PLATE DISSI NE JURO DEY TOU. (wordly)
2.MIRREY JO HAQ SARHKO. (relgiously)
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

The rich list
SLIDE SHOW

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/money/topstori ... md#image=1

A recent report from Oxfam revealed the world’s 62 richest billionaires own as much wealth as ALL of the poorer half of the world’s population. Using data from the Forbes 2015 rich list and the IMF World Economic Outlook report we reveal the billionaires wealthier than entire countries.
swamidada

Re: INEQUALITY OF WEALTH

Post by swamidada »

CNN Business
The wealth of the world’s five richest men more than doubled since 2020
Tami Luhby, CNN
Sun, January 14, 2024 at 6:01 PM

Since 2020, these billionaires’ net worth has skyrocketed 114% to a total of $869 billion, after taking inflation into account, according to Oxfam’s annual inequality report, released Sunday. If current trends continue, the world could see its first trillionaire in a decade.

At the same time, nearly 5 billion people globally have become poorer, as they contend with inflation, war and the climate crisis. It would take nearly 230 years to eliminate poverty based on the current trajectory.

The report, which draws on data compiled by Forbes, is timed to coincide with the kickoff of the annual World Economic Forum meeting in Davos, Switzerland, an elite gathering of some of the wealthiest people and world leaders.

Though inequality is on the rise, there are some bright spots, said Nabil Ahmed, Oxfam America’s director of economic and racial justice. Workers have been flexing their muscle through strikes and deals that better their compensation and working conditions. Also, some governments have been on their side, pushing policies aimed at strengthening workers’ rights.

“We find ourselves in a new Gilded Age, but workers, regulators and union and community organizers are starting to make cracks in it,” Ahmed said.

Rising fortunes
Elon Musk, who runs several companies, including Tesla and SpaceX, was the big winner in recent years. His wealth soared to $245.5 billion at the end of November, up 737% from March 2020, after accounting for inflation.

Bernard Arnault, chairman of French luxury goods giant LVMH, and his family had a net worth of $191.3 billion, up 111%.

Amazon founder Jeff Bezos had a fortune of $167.4 billion, up 24%; while Oracle founder Larry Ellison’s wealth totaled $145.5 billion, up 107%.

Rounding out the list of top five wealthiest people was Berkshire Hathaway CEO Warren Buffett, whose net worth rose 48% to $119.2 billion.

Overall, billionaires have seen their wealth grow by $3.3 trillion, or 34%, since 2020, with their fortunes expanding three times faster than the rate of inflation, according to Oxfam.

US billionaires, many of whom derive their wealth from the equity in the companies they lead, are $1.6 trillion richer.

Corporate power
In this year’s report, Oxfam argues that businesses are raking in big profits, which are helping fuel the fortunes of the wealthy. Seven out of 10 of the world’s largest public companies have either a billionaire CEO or a billionaire as its principal shareholder.

What’s more, the top 1% holds 43% of the world’s financial assets, according to Oxfam, drawing on data from Wealth X. In the United States, this group owns 32%; in Asia, it’s 50%. In the Middle East, the top 1% holds 48% of the financial wealth, while in Europe, it’s 47%.

Some 148 of the world’s largest corporations made nearly $1.8 trillion in profits in the 12 months leading up to June 2023, Oxfam said. That’s 52.5% higher than their average was between 2018 to 2021. Oxfam calls out the oil and gas industry, pharmaceutical companies and the financial industry for reaping higher profits in the last year or two than their average in prior years.

“We ignore at our peril the role of monopoly power in redistributing wealth to the top,” Ahmed said.

Oxfam is calling on governments to step in.

“Public power can rein in runaway corporate power and inequality — shaping the market to be fairer and free from billionaire control,” Amitabh Behar, Oxfam International’s interim executive director, said in a statement. “Governments must intervene to break up monopolies, empower workers, tax these massive corporate profits and, crucially, invest in a new era of public goods and services.”

For more CNN news and newsletters create an account at CNN.com

https://currently.att.yahoo.com/finance ... 25543.html