(Bhai tini...) I would like someone to...

Discussion on ginan meanings, history etc..
faisall667

(Bhai tini...) I would like someone to...

Post by faisall667 »

I would like someone to please tell me more about this line:

yaaraa tith satai(n) maa rohonn nakhshatra
sa(n)j thaavar thi(n)do shaahjo viaa(n)
O friend! It will be the seventh day of the month and the star will be Rohni(the fourth lunar mansion or constellation, containing five stars, in the form of a cart); and it will be in the evening of Thaver(day of Friday and the night of Saturday), the marriage of my Lord will take place.

Faisal :wink:
kmaherali

Spiritual Marriage

Post by kmaherali »

This verse deals with marriage of the Lord with the elevated souls (Ruhanis). In Islam there is no separation between man and the universe and therefore there is a connection between man's ultimate union with God and creation at large. The ultimate experience of the unity between God and elevated souls happens when the conditions of the cosmos are right otherwise there might be some 'unbalance' in the grand scheme of things.

Although an elevated soul may experience periods of elevation, peace and ecstasy which he would regard as experiences associated with contact with God, these are not to be regarded as ultimate, rather they are signs of God that the soul is in the right direction and should carry on. These experiences can happen at any time or place. They can happen in Dua or recitation of a Ginan or even when resisting an evil lustful external suggestion.

However the ultimate experience happens when the conditions in the cosmos are right for it to happen. The Pir alludes to this as being the configuration whereby the day will be the seventh of the month, it is a Friday and when the star will appear in the a particular mode as described in the verse. I am not sure that it is literally meant to be that way, but it certainly points to a unique time for souls to merge into the ultimate. Shabebaraat which was celebrated in the past could be one of those nights. Thursday evenings are designated as Ruhani days and it is believed that these are also days of the gathering of Ruhanis and hence Chogaddias (Bhai tini being part of it), are recited on Thursday evenings as a celebration of the elevation or salvation of the ruhanis and hence a positive influence upon creation.

Any way these are just my thoughts to stimulate further discussion on this issue...
kenshin

Post by kenshin »

<P>please read the last post by me of the forum "can anyone go deeper into the meaning".Pir is foretelling the time this wud happen.</P>