Esoteric aspect of Birthday/Imamat Day of Hazar Imam

Discussion on doctrinal issues
alinizar313

Esoteric aspect of Birthday/Imamat Day of Hazar Imam

Post by alinizar313 »

Imam is always Hazar and Moujud so there is no concept of rebirth of Imam then why do we celeberate Imam's Birthday. Similarly for Imamt day.
Please give your comments.
kmaherali

Significance of Imam's Birthday and Imamat Day.

Post by kmaherali »

Our faith comprises both the zaheri (apparent) and Batini(hidden) aspect. The concept of Imamat also bears this duality, i.e. , it has the Zaheri and the Batini aspect. The Zaheri aspect or the form changes but the Batini which is His Noor is eternal and everlasting.

True from the Batini standpoint Imamat is eternal and therefore birthday and Imamat Day become meaningless. As a matter of fact if a momin is enjoying Batuni deedar and is therefore haqiqati in its truest sense, everyday is khushyally and a celebration of Imamat. This is conveyed in the verse of the Ginan "Aaj aanand paamiya manake Satgur Sreviya re lol" which means "Today I have attained joy because I have worshipped the True Guide".

Because our faith has also the Zaheri aspect, we need to celebrate these milestones from the zaheri point of view. These days have their Zaheri significance as well. The main significance of these days in my opinion is that we celebrate the recognition Hazar Imam (present and living Imam as opposed to Imams in hiding) as the first principle of our faith. This provides the basis of our identity as Shia Imami Ismaili Muslims.

The question is why both days. Imamat Day is the day that MHI became the Imam, that is understandable, but why birthday? In my opinion Imams are Imams from birth from the Batini point of view. They do not all of a sudden get the Noor when they become appointed as Imams. That noor is present at birth, as a matter of fact, according to Tusi Imams are Imams in the sperm!
alinizar313

Esoteric meaning Of Birthday/Imamat Day

Post by alinizar313 »

Needless to say about Zaheric aspect as it ia apparent but my question is still the same what does it mean to us. When we attend Khushali Majalis on these two occasion, what is the benefit or what essence we have to take from that. What message it delivers to us.What is the meaning in Human experience? This question is really important in Batini point of view. Contemplate. Birthday, wedding anniversary, death anniversary are all Imam's personel occassion but you see, out of these, we only celebrate Birthday and when it celeberates as Khushali majlis in Khane then it means something as Batini point of view.
star_munir

Post by star_munir »

Farman of Hazir Imam,".....And although this is My birthday and therfore a day of rejoicing, I think it is also a day on which each and every one of you should keep in mind that the jamat has an Imam to guide them in thier spiritual lives...."
[Nairobi, Kenya 13 Dec 1973]
alinizar313

Esoteric dimension of Birthday of Hazar Imam

Post by alinizar313 »

The esoteric dimension of Saligrah Mubarak of Hazar Imam

We normally wish birthday to our friends and relatives every year on the day one born or comes in this physical world. In the same way, we wish happy birthday to our beloved Hazar Imam by attending Jamatkhana for special Majlis. What does it mean to a momin although there is a hell of difference between the birthday of a Person and a birthday of Hazar Imam? We celebrate the Birthday of a person who takes birth in this world but Imam never born, He has been in this world and in all others universe since the proclamation of the word “BE” or QUN. When there was nothing not even these Universes, Mowla Murtaza Ali manifested. Now the question arises when Imam does not born then why we celebrate His birthday. Our simple answer will be that Imam born physically in this world that is why we celebrate his birthday. Symbolically it is correct but we should keep in mind that any activity or ceremony being conducted in Jamatkhana has some esoteric or spiritual significance as we strongly believe that our faith is esoteric. Further we believe in Noor of Imamat, not the physical body of Imam.

There is a firman of Imam Sultan Mohammed Shah “You must love to the soul of Imam, not to the body if Imam. One who worships my body is idol-worshiper.” Therefore it is certain that the celebration of Imam’s birthday is purely an esoteric act otherwise we would have celebrated the wedding as well as death anniversary of our Imam. It is to be noted that we celebrate the Imamat day on the day our Imam Sultan Mohammed Shah passed away physically from this world. We should keep in mind that all ceremonies being conducted in Jamatkhana always has some spiritual or esoteric meaning. If it has esoteric meaning then how can we understand the concept of Imam’s birthday on esoteric plane? Imam Sultan Mohammed Shah said in his firman,
“The soul of momin is My soul. You should see your soul (means My Noor) in your heart.”
“Be like Me.”
“The one who recognize himself, recognize God.”
“The soul of every individual is connected to the Noor of Imam.”
“Wherever I see, I see Roohdost.”
In the light of above fimans, we can understand that our object in this world is to be like our Imam and then to merge in the ocean of his Noor. One should examine oneself where he stands. Right now we are just human being (animated or biological human). First of all we have to become Insan means well- doer or a true human being who use his aql or intellect in the light of Imam’s firman. Insan is one who strives to go to the higher plane or who want to elevate his soul other than that Insan is in this world is just like animal. Insan is one who understands what is bad and what is good. Insan is one who picks up the jewels and leaves the grass. After passing through this stages and then make the firman usable, workable or functional in his daily life and detach himself completely from all worldly thought through constant practice of meditation with a thought of only his beloved, he becomes Momin When this happens and Mowla see that his Momin is trying hard to be like him then his blessing or Rehamt comes into play actually and then the attributes of Momin match with the attributes of his beloved Hazar Imam which resulted in the birth of a spiritual child.. (Here I skip two stages before the birth of a spiritual child and those are the one to make love with his beloved Imam and second one is to become pregnant with God) and thus the soul of a Momin will become the soul of Imam. Now we can say that Imam takes the birth from a heart of a Momin and that is called the birthday of Imam. This newly born Imam from a heart of a Momin has all the power that Imam posses but he is not authorize to do anything without the permission of Hazar Imam. When it happen then you can celebrate or share this joyous occasion with your fellow spiritual brothers or sisters if he or she also experiences the same moments and then you can congratulate him and say “KHUSHALI MUBARAK”

(It is to be noted that all this understanding explained above is just on grass root level. The deeper understanding can not be stated here. For that one should come with personal contact on one to one basis as any misunderstanding regarding the higher understanding leads to astray and shatter your faith. However we will discuss the significance of meditation and experiences in meditation later on )
Nizar Ali
rooh

Post by rooh »

Hmm.. interesting explanation. I can understand upto the point of our Deen being esoteric and the only way to the upliftment of our souls as its all in the light of Farameens (Taken from Rohani Roshni mostly). But starting from ...

"he becomes Momin When this happens and Mowla see that his Momin is trying hard to be like him then his blessing or Rehamt comes into play actually and then the attributes of Momin match with the attributes of his beloved Hazar Imam which resulted in the birth of a spiritual child.. (Here I skip two stages before the birth of a spiritual child and those are the one to make love with his beloved Imam and second one is to become pregnant with God) and thus the soul of a Momin will become the soul of Imam. Now we can say that Imam takes the birth from a heart of a Momin and that is called the birthday of Imam. This newly born Imam from a heart of a Momin has all the power that Imam posses but he is not authorize to do anything without the permission of Hazar Imam. When it happen then you can celebrate or share this joyous occasion with your fellow spiritual brothers or sisters if he or she also experiences the same moments and then you can congratulate him and say “KHUSHALI MUBARAK” "

.. This explanation, I dont get. I can see somehow why you would derive such explanation, but cant really connect. I see you say that its hard to grasp this understanding which I am finding too. Any farameens that you can state which lead to such interpretation ? Or is it just aquired through deeper Ibadat and using intellect to invade the batini concept. But again, through what ? Any ginan? Any reference?
alinizar313

Post by alinizar313 »

Sir, there are numerous references both in Ginans and Firmans, I have already mentioned few of them. Now at least you do some work and search.
Nizar
rooh

Post by rooh »

You have mentioned a few farameen refering to the concept of soul and fana fi allah. But your explanation of the esoteric concept of Hazar Imam's birthday celebration , especially the following lines is not undersatood by me:

which resulted in the birth of a spiritual child.. (Here I skip two stages before the birth of a spiritual child and those are the one to make love with his beloved Imam and second one is to become pregnant with God) and thus the soul of a Momin will become the soul of Imam. Now we can say that Imam takes the birth from a heart of a Momin and that is called the birthday of Imam.

I do do my share of research but I visit these forums to attain and exchange knowledge from others. After all, we all are in the same boat.

I have not come accross any ginan or farman where pirs or Imams have mentioned any consummation of souls and to become pregnant with God etc etc. However, there is a ginan where Pir mentions that I have been sohagan for years and years. Please bless me now etc. Dont recall the exact words. I am just interested in how would you explain your view of making love with Imam and getting pregnant etc. These are all material concepts. How do you explain them esoterically ?
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

The following verses allude to Ibadat using the imagery of worldly marriage and sexual intercourse as a means towards birthing into the Divine, i.e., becoming the Imam.

Verses from the ginan "Abdu man jite man ichhaa fal upaje".

abdhu harde betth chetan ba(n)dagee, raaval hay matvaalaa;
i(n)galaa pee(n)galaa sukhmannaa daasee, satgur kee esee baalee abdhu..............................14

harde - with heart or constantly chetan - life, vitality
raaval - aspirant matvaalaa - carefree, charming
daasee - servant, assistant baalee - woman

O slave! sitting in meditation heartily(or constantly), the aspirant becomes
drunk or divinely intoxicated. (this happens)Through the activity of inglaa,
pinglaa and sushmannaa force channels, such is the woman (an object of sensual joy as an analogy for the spiritual experience) of the True Guide.

abdhu heer parchhe tyu tanku(n) shodho, ane kahyaa gurukaa keeje;
beebaa beejaa maarg jove, tyu ha(n)saa gavan kareeje abdhu..................................................15

heer - silken clothes parchhe - understand,test
beebaa - types; to compose, to mould gavan - sexual intercourse

O slave! as the silken clothes are evaluated and tested(for their quality), in the same manner evaluate the quality of your soul; and act according to the guidance of the Guide.
As the other kinds(the ones without the Guide) see their path (of marriage), in the same manner have intercouse(union with the beloved through ibaadaat) for the soul

Verses from See Harfee:

aapakhoyaa tab paayaa maram
dekhedikhaave soha(n)g bhrahm.....................................9

When one loses himself, he attains the mysteries. He sees and shows God to others (through his enlightened behaviour and knowledge).

keett bhamareekaa tame dekho khelaa
esaa paayaa gur su(n) chelaa.....................................10

Look at the relationship between a worm (larva) and a bee. When a worm endures the leaking of a bee, it is transformed into the nature of the bee. Similarly when a disciple rigorously follows the guide, he is transformed into the nature of the Guide, i.e. becomes Divine himself.
rooh

Post by rooh »

Thanks alot Kmeherali. The ginan proves to be a great analogy and opens ways to understanding yet another material experience and looking at it spiritually. Keep up the good posts!
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

You are welcome rooh! As we are in the midst of Christmas, I would like to share Parahamhansa's explanation of the significance of Christmas in terms of birth of Christ (Imam) in each one of us.

"Each year at Christmastime there are strong vi­brations of Christ Consciousness in the air. Those who are attuned by their devotion and by deep, sci­entific meditation will receive in their own conscious­ness these vibrations of the universal consciousness that was in Christ Jesus. It is of utmost importance to every man, whatever his religion, that he experience within himself this 'birth' of the universal Christ.
"The universe is the body of Christ: everywhere present within it, without limitation, is the Christ Consciousness.* When you can close your eyes and by meditation expand your awareness until you feel the whole universe as your own body, Christ will have been born within you. Clouds of ignorance will be dis­pelled as you behold, behind the darkness of closed eyes, the divine cosmic Light."

* '"Christ" or "Christ Consciousness" is the projected consciousness of God immanent in all creation. In Christian scripture, the "only begot­ten son," the only pure reflection in creation of God the Father; in Hindu scripture, Kutastha Chaitanya or Tat, the universal consciousness, or cos­mic intelligence, of Spirit everywhere present in creation. It is the uni­versal consciousness, oneness with God, manifested by Jesus, Krishna, and other avatars. Great saints and yogis know it as the state of sama-dhi meditation wherein their consciousness has become identified with the divine intelligence in every particle of creation; they feel the entire universe as their own body.
rooh

Post by rooh »

Interesting. I guess I am trying to look beyond the understanding of the unison of our soul with the Noor.. Also trying to understand how and why is it called the BIRTHING of the Imam. ..

The Noor and its existence in the entire creation , be it still or mobile , is proven to great extent. Our souls are blocked by our own sins. That is also understood. Through Ibadat and good deeds, we ought to purify our souls and elevate it to a highest level, eventually take it to its real abode, the Noor. That is also understood. But the unison causing the birth of new Imam, makes me think .. isnt it suppose to leave just the Noor , the same Noor we are struggling to attain and go back to..? Birthing word, somehow implies there is an emergence of a 3rd person.. when there is no 3rd person.

"main aur tu ki doori chor kar, ek deikh , kuch do nahi"

(Kalam-e- Mawla)

Will ponder some more..

Explain more if can please. Thanks alot !
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

Birthing implies a change or transformation from animalistic to angelic existence. Sometimes the progression is smooth and gradual if one has constantly been Farman Bardari since birth, but for many there is a definite shift in consciousness that occurs and this is termed birthing into angelic existence and end of sinful existence.

Imam Sultan Muhammad Shah in one of his Farmans says:

"If you busy with your prayers, the LIGHT of God will dawn in your heart and you will be saved from vices."

The dawn implies a change from the darkness of ignorance. The spiritual transformation is alluded through the imagery of tranformation of copper into gold in the following verse of ginan 'Sab Ghat Sami Maro Bharpur Bethha'.

ejee satgur paaras ane munivar traa(m)baa ne
bhette to sovan hoy ek jeeyo................................13

O momins: The True Guide is like the philosopher's stone
and the followers are like copper. When copper comes
into contact with the philosopher's stone, it becomes gold.
(momins become transformed when they come into contact with the Imaam spiritually).
rooh

Post by rooh »

ok. This actually makes sense. One couldn't have explained it better. Thanks alot!
alinizar313

Post by alinizar313 »

Thank you Karim for your explaination in details but what I think is that one should give just some guidleines and let others to do some research so that he can keep his mind activated. When there will be a personel research and achievemnt then there will be no doubt about that. Thanks for both Karim and Rooh for their interest on this particular topics. May Mowla bless you with Haqiqati samaj.
Nizar
rooh

Post by rooh »

Yal Ali Madad Nizar Bhai,

Thanks for starting this thread so as to allow us to reflect on the esoteric understanding of the concept. I really appreciate Karim's help in making me understand the inferrence you had initially penned down.

Mawla's farman was read in JK today which went something like..( in my own words).. "I want my spiritual children to do service to my jamat. Service through sharing time, knowledge, means".

What the "Ilmi" (knowledgeble within their capacity) people are doing on this forum is a great service. They are sharing their time and knowledge and enlightening others. I agree with you when you say that one should do an individualized search to understand the esoteric meaning of different concepts. But if one brother has knowledge of a few concepts more than the other, then it is the duty of that brother to help the other in expansion of his knowledge especially when the other is raising questions and showing interest in learning. I believe that raising questions is part of the search and sharing answers and view points is healthy and a form of service.

I will quote a verse from Kalam-e- Mawla here:

takavaa aalam keraa rahemat eelaahee, so geenaanee ho kar kare kereeyaa;
or jo usathee sheekhe shudh maarag chaale, ke aalam to hae eelamkaa dareeyaa;
jaysaa vaattkaa bhedu shudh maarag dekhee, vae chaale chalaave;
to bhalaa geenaanee vae, jo aap paale or sabaku(n) paddaave......97

The Divine grace is on the person who is conscious of and devoted to Him; becoming a learned he performs pious deeds. Others learn from him and go on the Right Path. He is to them an ocean of knowledge and wisdom, a guide who walks on the Straight Path and leads others on it. He is a wise and learned man who performs his own duty and makes others do likewise.

eelamkee majalas to aesee bhaaee, jaesee hae bahest keree vaaddee;
jo duneeyaa maa(n)he bahest dekhanaa chaaho, to eelam majalas bettho dahaaddee;
bahest to hae jaage paaku(n)kee, bahest chaaho to raakho paakee;
been eelam paak keeyu(n) hoesee, e farmaayaa kausare saakhee....107

O brother, an assembly (mijlas) in pursuit of knowledge is like a garden in Paradise. If you want to be in Paradise on earth, then attend daily in such an assembly. Paradise is the place for the pure, keep pure if you desire it. How could you become pure without knowledge - so commands the cup-bearer of Kawthar(Hazarat Aly).

(The discussions on the various concepts, farmans and ginans on this forum is an Ilm Majlis of these modern times. We all try to share our limited knowledge of the divine Truth and sail on the same boat to achieve salvation.)

Prophet Muhammed said once:

"It is better to sit alone than in company with the bad;and it is better to sit with the good than alone. And it is better to speak words to a seeker of knowledge than to remain silent;and silence is better than bad words".

Ya Ali Madad.
Temur

Post by Temur »

<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt">i am interesting about Farman of Hazar Imam. Does the Farman has esoteric (Batini) meaning if yes how to reach it?</P>
kinnare786

Post by kinnare786 »

It is all about symbol. You (us) as human being cannot live without it. Thats the reason their is Kaaba, Ganga, Cross. Rumi mosulem say do not got to kaaba for Hajj come to my Mosulem.
nowroozalisabiti

Post by nowroozalisabiti »

quote="Temur"]<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt">i am interesting about Farman of Hazar Imam. Does the Farman has esoteric (Batini) meaning if yes how to reach it
Ya Ali Maddad Temur,
Thus, the Speech of God (the Holy Quran) and the Speech of His Messenger have esoteric meaning; the Speeches of Imams are also have these two aspects/dimensions (exoteric and esoteric=Zaher and Batin). One day Imam Jaafar al-Sadeq was asked about the Jabr wa Ikhteyar(Compulsory and Authority/Option). He was asked," Does Human Being have authority in doing every action that he/she wants? He answered," Human Being was not created in vain and can't do anything without the consent of God). These kinds of questions were asked from Jaafar al-Sadeq while there were discussions among the Muslim community; especially among the two sects of Islam (Jabariya=Mu'tazilite and Qadariya=Ash'arite)
They were opposite of each other in their theological thoughts. Mu'tazilites were adherent/partisan of Compulsory (jabr) and Ash'arites were adherents of Authority. Ash'arite said that every Goodness and illness comes from Allah; but Mutazilite said all the good things and actions come from Allah and bad actions from Human Beings.
So, Nasir Khusraw in Gushayesh wa Rahayesh in section of 30 has stated quoted the Imam Jaafar al-Sadeq: There are a medium way between these two ways (Not compulsory and not Authority).
So for more information see Gushayesh and Rahayesh of Nasir Khusraw , section 30, Esoteric form of Imams speeches.
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

Temur wrote:i am interesting about Farman of Hazar Imam. Does the Farman has esoteric (Batini) meaning if yes how to reach it?
Some Farmans are plain, direct and clear in their literal expression, whereas others are left to individual interpretations. The keys to the batini meanings of the Farmans lie in the intensity of devotion. The inner mysteries are revealed through obedience of the Farmans, reflection, contemplation and knowledge.

Imam Sultan Muhammad Shah made the following Farman on the value of Farmans.

"When we open our mouth and make Farmans, heaps of pearls are scattered. But the value of these pearls will be realised only by that Momin who really understands them, and he alone knows what (a valuable thing) he has got." (Rajkot, 21-10-1903)

The following two verses of the ginan 'ham dil Khalak Allah sohi vaseji' convey this.

ejee moman sohee jo sab maram-j jaanne,
elam rahaasar chalannaa......................ebhee allah.....9

The true believer is he who knows all the (spiritual) mysteries and follows the path of knowledge(and understanding)...He is indeed the Lord.

ejee ghyaan dhiyaan maa(n)he sarve sudh paai,
khoj khoj kar milanaa........................ebhee allah....10

All understanding is gained through knowledge and remembrance.
By constant search one can attain (the real purpose of your life - reunion
with your Creator)............He is indeed the Lord.
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

Salegrah Mubarak!
Please watch this short video clip of MHI blessing the Jamaat (less than 2 minutes)

http://www.brightcove.tv/title.jsp?title=1336772747
AsadALLAH

Post by AsadALLAH »

The best thing I can think of is...Once the bulb is burnt, you replace it. Bulbs changes but the electricity is the same.
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

Salgirah

Throughout history, Ismaili Muslims have been led by a living, hereditary Imam-of-the-Time descended from the progeny of Prophet Muhammad through his cousin and son-in-law, Hazrat Ali, and his daughter, Hazrat Bibi Fatima.

On 13 December 2009, Ismailis around the world will celebrate the 73rd birthday of our present living Imam, His Highness Prince Karim Aga Khan. Born in Geneva, Switzerland in 1936, he succeeded his grandfather to become the 49th Ismaili Imam at the age of 20. During the five decades of his Imamat, Mawlana Hazar Imam has devoted himself to the spiritual and worldly progress of Ismailis everywhere.

The celebration of Mawlana Hazar Imam’s birthday is an occasion for Ismailis to reflect on the unique spiritual bond that links each murid to Hazar Imam. It also affords the Jamat an opportunity to express its love, loyalty and devotion to the Imamat, which binds the Ismaili community together as one.

Salgirah Kushiali Mubarak!

http://www.theismaili.org/cms/914/Salgirah
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

http://www.benzinga.com/pressreleases/m ... m-aga-khan

Minister Kenney Extends Birthday Wishes to His Highness Prince Karim Aga Khan

OTTAWA, ONTARIO--(Marketwire - Dec. 11, 2009) - The Honourable Jason Kenney, Minister of Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism, issued the following statement on the birthday this coming Sunday of His Highness Prince Karim Aga Khan:

"I would like to extend warm birthday wishes to His Highness Prince Karim Aga Khan.

"The Aga Khan has now been the spiritual leader of the Shia Nizari Ismaili Muslims for more than half a century. During that time he has exerted a profound influence both within and far beyond his community, and has become an extraordinary example of compassion and tolerance.

"This is most evident in the Aga Khan Development Network, which he founded and now chairs, and which works towards social, economic, and cultural development in Asia and Africa.

"It is an honour for Canada that the Aga Khan has chosen Ottawa as the site of the Global Centre for Pluralism and the new Delegation of the Ismaili Imamat, and that he is establishing the Aga Khan Museum and the Ismaili Centre in Toronto.

"Earlier this year, in a moment of great pride for Canadians, His Highness was granted honourary Canadian citizenship in recognition of what Prime Minister Harper described as his 'leadership as a champion of development, pluralism and tolerance around the world.'

"As Prime Minister Harper has said, 'his name has become synonymous with humanitarian aid and development in countries beset by conflict and poverty. Just as importantly, he has worked tirelessly as a bridge-builder between faiths and cultures.'

"As Minister of Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism, I wish His Highness Prince Karim Aga Khan a long, healthy, and blessed life."
shiraz.virani

Post by shiraz.virani »

shiraz.virani

Post by shiraz.virani »

znanwalla

Post by znanwalla »

Yusufali 24:35] Allah is the Light of the heavens and the earth. The Parable of His Light is as if there were a Niche and within it a Lamp: the Lamp enclosed in Glass: the glass as it were a brilliant star: Lit from a blessed Tree, an Olive, neither of the east nor of the west, whose oil is well-nigh luminous, though fire scarce touched it: Light upon Light! Allah doth guide whom He will to His Light: Allah doth set forth Parables for men: and Allah doth know all things.

[Pickthal 24:35] Allah is the Light of the heavens and the earth. The similitude of His light is as a niche wherein is a lamp. The lamp is in a glass. The glass is as it were a shining star. (This lamp is) kindled from a blessed tree, an olive neither of the East nor of the West, whose oil would almost glow forth (of itself) though no fire touched it. Light upon light. Allah guideth unto His light whom He will. And Allah speaketh to mankind in allegories, for Allah is Knower of all things.

[Pooya/Ali Commentary 24:35]

The great mystery of existence, its eternal origin and infinite permanence is described in the most comprehensive and eloquent parable of light, which contains layer upon layer of allegorical comparisons to make apparent to man the purpose of the great author of the universe.

The performance of light is to manifest.

It is Allah who manifests the universe.

The human beings can only think of the factors of the spiritual world in terms of the phenomenal experience obtainable through physical senses; and in the phenomenal world light is the purest thing known to man.

Due to the limitations of human experience man cannot see the real light but perceive only the lighted objects. It is dependent upon some source external to itself...The perfect light of Allah is free from any such defects. It prevails everywhere. It envelops everything. It is independent of time and space.

The niche (mishkat) is the recess in the wall, high from the ground in the house.

(Sura al NUR makes distinctions between the elevated houses of the Prophet and a masjid...Verses 36-37 distinguishes between "al-masjid al - haram) and "Bayt Allah al-Haram)...also Suyuti transmits a saying of Caliph Aboo Bakr..."when this verse was revealed to the Prophet, we were all in the mosque. A man rose and asked the Prophet:..."whose houses are these?". The Prophet replied: "They are the houses of the Prophets"...Then I rose and said:.." is the house of Ali & Fatima Zahra also amongst these houses?...the Prophet replied:.."Yes! it is amongst the best of them" !

The divine light, according to the parable, is placed high above everything, all that which has been created, the whole universe.

The lamp is the core of the real illumination. It is placed inside a glass which protects it from any outside interference or disturbance

The illumination shines bright like a star. In this world, governed by the laws of cause and effect, it becomes natural to know what makes the lamp burn, as no lamp burns without oil.

So to give man the idea of causative factor of the generation of light, it is said that the oil of the blessed tree of olive keeps the lamp alive.

It is said that after the great flood, the olive tree was the first to grow on the earth.

This mystic olive is not localised. It is neither of the east nor of the west. It is universal like the light of Allah.

Now talking of "bulbs", conversely we cannot relate to the "current" or the electricity if the bulb and the switch are not in place....and also we have to switch on the "bulb" - or simply put "activate the power of Imamat" !

Allah Himself chooses and appoints the guide, but His choice is not arbitrary.

There are conditions which have to be fulfilled. Refer to the commentary of al Baqarah: 124.

When Allah appointed Ibrahim as an Imam after testing his faith and awareness, for the whole mankind, he requested Allah to continue this august office in his progeny.

Allah agreed to do so, but "it is a covenant which shall not reach the unjust (zalim)" was added.

According to verse 13 of Luqman polytheism is the greatest injustice (zulm), therefore as explained in detail in the commentary of al Baqarah: 124 the Ahl ul Bayt of the Holy Prophet was the only group which never worshipped any ghayrallah.

Those who had worshipped idols at any time in their lives could not be chosen as Imams at all, but after becoming Muslims if they had accepted the Imams of the Ahl ul Bayt as their guides, and followed them, then, according to the degree of their sincerity and awareness, they are entitled to occupy suitable position in the journey towards the enlightenment available from the light of Allah.

Mere verbal profession of faith in Allah without attachment to the Ahl ul Bayt is as bad as hypocrisy.

The existence of the supreme being has been compared to light in order to make human intellect understand a great attribute of Allah, otherwise He is the inconceivable absolute who has created the light. Light is His manifestation. It is not His being.
Biryani

Post by Biryani »

Shiraz, what a wonderful video link you provided... I'm sure lots princesses had their eyes on Hazar Imam those days...very impressive video quality.

Thanks.
znanwalla

Post by znanwalla »

"...I'm sure lots princesses had their eyes on Hazar Imam those days..."

Lo ! you are in a slumber then...even today he is as attractive as he was then ! any objection? the Holy Prophet married some 12 wives - Ali (as) I believe some 7 wives...and here you are whining just because the Imam is so handsome and attractive...how naive huh?...let me assure you he is a hero for us ....and I offer no apologies for saying so...
znanwalla

Post by znanwalla »

I am here to make you sick pal ! just make sure that you don't eat biryani made with "goat" meat....it is now proven that they also eat their own dung and transmit Trichnosis through the blood and makes a person's brains dysfunctional and retarded...in a group setting do I have to wait for an invitation to speak and that too from a person like you ?

If your extremist Mullahs have given you a distorted and fabricated leads then don't forget that Allah has given you an Intellect to use rationally....also we are NOT in need of any certificate from SICK fanatics to certifty our own authenticity of OUR Islam !

Now go and ask your Mullahs which TWO wives of the Prophet were threatened by Allah in the Quran in Sura al Tahreem?

And if they are dishonest enough then we will be happy to tell you !

And in case you don't know then this Sura is the 66th Sura of the Quran ! and so if Allah chastised these TWO wives of the Prophet, how on earth can you guys convince anyone that they are included in Ayat ul Tat'heer ?

Which is the Sura that Allah SWT asked us all to recite as a Du'a ? As a muslim you should know the answer.

DID SAYYIDA AYESHA (ra) MARRY MUHAMMAD (P.B.U.H), THE PROPHET OF ISLAM, AT AGE 6 ? Yes or No ?

Name the Prophet whose name is mentioned and discussed most in the Quran?

Who confined the recitation of the Quran on the style of the Quraysh tribe?

Which was that Surah of the Quran which the Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) had recited when one of his enemies Utba after listening to it fell in Sajda (prostation) ?

What were those worships and prayers that were ordered by Allah to the community of Bani Israeel and which were continued by the Muslim Ummah also?

So you should give the answers to us or concede you have no clue about islam...