"Meditation"

Discussion on doctrinal issues
From_Alamut

"Meditation"

Post by From_Alamut »

As-salamualykum and Ya Ali Madad....

Brothers and Sisters, I have found some channels on [Youtube] which is based on Meditation. The topic is "Learn How to Meditate", it has 1 to 5 parts. The video is Excellent, I hope it helps my Jamat how to meditate and reach their destination Inshallah. The video will show you a good example of how to do a proper meditation and at they same time they will explain everything that will happen to you during your meditation on your concentration.

Part ONE
http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=a_IFDB9WT ... annel_page

Part Two
http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=mjonc7d2X ... re=related

Part Three
http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=epnD_W7sP ... annel_page

Part Four
http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=b9Bfku1q6 ... re=channel

Final part Five
http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=e0U3slWDu ... re=channel

Kindest Regard
goldfaizi

Post by goldfaizi »

Maula Ali Madad,

Brother its a fantastic video. It will really help me and others to do meditate perfectly to achieve spirituality. To do meditate we need an environment where there must not any kind of disturbance. Baitul Khayal is a source to do perfect meditate. I hope that it will help me alot.

Thanks "From_Alamut."
goldfaizi

Post by goldfaizi »

You know that control over your breathing is the most important key to get success in meditation. It is not as much easy to do. I want to know how to control over breathing? I had seen another video of meditation in which a person is guiding how to take breath while doing meditation and how to control over it. I tried it but it is difficult. I would appreciate if anyone tell me what are the steps of meditation & how can i control over my breathing?
From_Alamut

Post by From_Alamut »

goldfaizi wrote:You know that control over your breathing is the most important key to get success in meditation. It is not as much easy to do. I want to know how to control over breathing? I had seen another video of meditation in which a person is guiding how to take breath while doing meditation and how to control over it. I tried it but it is difficult. I would appreciate if anyone tell me what are the steps of meditation & how can i control over my breathing?
Nothing is easy and nothing is hard, everything you do it needs practice. The more you practice your Meditation; gradually you will go deeper in your concentration and Inshallah one day, you will ultimately control not only your breath but entire body. You can control even your life and much more etc.. too only if you reach your destination, the Enlightenment (Finafillah). Once, you reach that level, when you walk you do not feel the floor, you will feel that your flying.
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

goldfaizi wrote:You know that control over your breathing is the most important key to get success in meditation. It is not as much easy to do. I want to know how to control over breathing? I had seen another video of meditation in which a person is guiding how to take breath while doing meditation and how to control over it. I tried it but it is difficult. I would appreciate if anyone tell me what are the steps of meditation & how can i control over my breathing?
In our Tariqah, meditation is part of an integral system involving the practice/experience of the dimensions Shariah, Tariqah, Haqiaqh and Ma’rifah. These dimensions are not mutually exclusive but influence each other. Proper practice of the Law (Shariah) enables one to have a stronger and meaningful practice of meditation; on the other hand higher and enriched understanding of life derived from meditation inspires proper practice of the Law (Shariah). Hence success/failure in one dimension affects the outcome in the other. Of course Grace also plays a major role.

In the book ‘Ma’rifat Na Phool’ – Fruits of Ma’rifah, the above mentioned dimensions are discussed in a greater detail particularly in Chapters 11, 12, 13, 14, 15. It can be accessed in this forum at:

http://www.ismaili.net/html/modules.php ... 21&start=0
goldfaizi

Post by goldfaizi »

"Fruit Of Marfiah" is really interesting book. It has given me great knowledge regarding Meditation. It is true that when we practices meditation, one day we will control over our breathing and whole body. I heard that meditation can be done anywhere where we feel comfortable on a floor or a chair. I have been trying meditation since last 3 days. I am feeling good but yesterday when i was trying to control over my breathing it was feeling like my soul is coming out of the body and i am going to die. I dont have Ism-e-azam. I was taking tasbi of "YA ALI". When i was inhaling i say mentally YA and when i exhaled my breath i say ALI. I try to do it for 30 mins & suddenly i start feeling that my breath is getting smallest. I think atleast i have learned that how to concentrate in meditation. I would appreciate if someone share his/her experience.

Thank you.
sakhijan888

ya ali madad

Post by sakhijan888 »

assalamu alaykum ya ali madad my names sakhijan ferom china xinjiang urumqi ismaili muslim
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

goldfaizi wrote: I was taking tasbi of "YA ALI". When i was inhaling i say mentally YA and when i exhaled my breath i say ALI. I try to do it for 30 mins & suddenly i start feeling that my breath is getting smallest. I think atleast i have learned that how to concentrate in meditation. I would appreciate if someone share his/her experience.

Thank you.
I think there is no fixed method or expectation in meditation. Each person will find his/her own rhythm and experience according to his background and preparartion. MHI in his Baitul Khayal Farmans has discouraged individuals to discuss their experiences of meditaion. However our Pirs have expressed their experiences in the Ginans. There are two Ginans of particular interest and significance in this respect.

1. Ginan: Sakhee Mahaapad keri Vaat which can be accessed in this site at:

http://www.ismaili.net/gina.html

2. Bhrahm Prakaash – Divine Light which can be accessed at:

http://www.ismaili.net/html/modules.php ... opic&t=587
From_Alamut

Re: ya ali madad

Post by From_Alamut »

sakhijan888 wrote:assalamu alaykum ya ali madad my names sakhijan ferom china xinjiang urumqi ismaili muslim
Wala'kum wa Salam and Mowla Ali Madad

Tell us more about yourself Sakhijan brother and the Shia Ismaili Muslim of China Xinjiang. How are they doing? Are the Okay? Where do you live currently? I really appreciate your kindest my brother.

Kindest Regard
From_Alamut

Post by From_Alamut »

I have found another video on[Youtube] which is based on meditation, it contains two part.

Part One
http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=sLzOno7jX ... annel_page

Part Two
http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=ykNomJ9F4 ... re=channel
From_Alamut

Post by From_Alamut »

I have found a new video on[Youtube] which is based on
The Transcendent Self & the Spiritual Domain (Seek & You Shall Find Series - part 1) Integrating Jungian Psychology and Spirituality.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRnDufv7 ... annel_page
agakhani

Can I join Meditation classes or not?

Post by agakhani »

I want to join meditation classes, is it against Islamic Shariya? not long ago, I heard in one waez that Ismaili should not join any meditation or transcendental classes!! any reason not to join such kind classes?
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

No harm joining the classes for the sake of knowledge and understanding so long as we do not give up our tariqah in the process.
agakhani

Post by agakhani »

Thanks Kbhai,

I heard that they force to recite 'OM' 'ॐ', Om is a Sanskrit word and it is related to Hindu religion, in my opinion om is a Hindu Mantra? and it represents some Hindu God? Is it Ok to recite?
star_munir

Post by star_munir »

I dont think whether I am right or wrong to say this. But as per my opinion, if the classes are just meant for relaxation and peace, than it would be okay. Otherwise, you should not join them, if it is in any way connected with religion or spirituality.
agakhani

Post by agakhani »

Kbhai & Munir,

That was my first concern and that is why I asked in this forum first, to make sure if it is ok to join or not? but it is doesn't matter now because I made decision not to join any meditation classes rather then that I decided to practice 'bandagi' at home every morning as long as it possible. Now I will make Mowla as my GURU and guide wish me good luck, so that I don't miss any day.
shiraz.virani

Post by shiraz.virani »

That was my first concern and that is why I asked in this forum first, to make sure if it is ok to join or not? but it is doesn't matter now because I made decision not to join any meditation classes rather then that I decided to practice 'bandagi' at home every morning as long as it possible. Now I will make Mowla as my GURU and guide wish me good luck, so that I don't miss any day.
Good Luck agakhani bhai :lol:
star_munir

Post by star_munir »

I think you have taken right decision. If possible for you then practice it at Jamat Khana. May Mowla bless you.
agakhani

Post by agakhani »

Shiraz,
Good Luck agakhani bhai
Munir,
I think you have taken right decision. If possible for you then practice it at Jamat Khana. May Mowla bless you.
Thanks for your compliments, encouragements and good wishes.
samir25

Post by samir25 »

YA ALI MADAD

If anybody want to learn BREATHING TECHNIQUES by Sudarshan Kriya join THE ART OF LIVING COURSE in your area AROUND THE WORLD

The Art of Living Course has been enjoyed by people of all traditions, Religions, and walks of life, in Universities, Churches, Governments, businesses, prisons, war zones, community rooms, and living rooms. The course is complete in itself and is also a foundation for other Art of Living programs.

What you will learn:
* Practices that heal and harmonize the body, mind, and spirit
* Skills for handling negative emotions and situations
* Practical wisdom for improving work and relationships
* Insight into the laws that govern the mind and emotions
* Stretching and low-impact yoga for health, circulation, and body stillness
samir25

Post by samir25 »

agakhani

Post by agakhani »

Samir,
Thanks for the info and the link , I think it will be helpful to me and others.
star_munir

Post by star_munir »

In one of the previous posts you have mentioned the word Om is related to Hindu God. The word Om can be interpreted as Hazrat Ali. This is not my opinion. But a non-ismaili Muslim named Hakeem Syed Mehmood Gillani in his book "Aum aur Ali" has mentioned it. He has presented his view point and given evidences from his findings in this regard. The book was published by Islamic Book Centre, Islamabad in year 2002.

As for meditation, I had shared my opinion in my earlier post that being an Ismaili, one should do meditation for spiritual progress as per the guidance given in Farman and Ginan (and not from other sources)
samir25

Post by samir25 »

YAM,

"The Art of Living is to gain this ability in life - it's very simple, just a skill - the ability to free your mind of the past, to free your mind of the future fears, and to be able to play with every situation that is in front of you, to be able to take every situation that is in front of you." -- Sri Sr Ravi Shankar, founder of the Art of Living Foundation

The course combines a powerful breathing technique called Sudarshan Kriya - which brings a state of physical, mental, and emotional well-being and peace – with practical wisdom for getting the most out of life. Participants leave the course with specific techniques they can practice every day. These practices are sacred treasures that grow in value over the years, as the benefits continue to blossom in daily life.

MSNBC Coverage

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 8491879355
samir25

Post by samir25 »

YA ALI MADAD

I don't see the harm in learning and acquainting yourself more about the history and origin of other languages

An interesting thought relating to Amen (Ah-men), Amin,OM (AUM)

OM in ISLAM:A few centuries after christ, Amen was adopted into ISLAM as AMIN or AlM.

“Aum (Om) in ancient Egypt: It seems that the ancient Egyptians knew of Aum as Amen or Amun. Amen-Ra was the name of the supreme God who was considered the primordial creator and ruler of the other gods which have no beginning and no end.

Om in Judaism and Christianity: Indian mystical thinking influenced Judaism in many ways. Scholars believe Aum (Om) became Amen and, as such, was later incorporated into Christianity. Amen is said to mean “so be it”,
Amen is widely mentioned in the Bible. It is used during worship (Revelations 3:14) as an expression of benediction (1 Chronicles 16.36), for expressing one’s love of God (2 Corinthians 1:20), or as sign of gratitude.”

The modern Christian use of ‘Amen‘ as ‘so be it,’ was first recorded about 1230 A.D.

The following statement would also indicate AUM

" In the beginning was the Word and Word was with GOD and
the Word was GOD . Amen (AUM)" Bible
samir25

Post by samir25 »

samir25 wrote:YA ALI MADAD

I don't see the harm in learning and acquainting yourself more about the history and origin of other languages

An interesting thought relating to Amen (Ah-men), Amin,OM (AUM)

OM in ISLAM:A few centuries after christ, Amen was adopted into ISLAM as AMIN or AlM.

“Aum (Om) in ancient Egypt: It seems that the ancient Egyptians knew of Aum as Amen or Amun. Amen-Ra was the name of the supreme God who was considered the primordial creator and ruler of the other gods which have no beginning and no end.

Om in Judaism and Christianity: Indian mystical thinking influenced Judaism in many ways. Scholars believe Aum (Om) became Amen and, as such, was later incorporated into Christianity. Amen is said to mean “so be it”,
Amen is widely mentioned in the Bible. It is used during worship (Revelations 3:14) as an expression of benediction (1 Chronicles 16.36), for expressing one’s love of God (2 Corinthians 1:20), or as sign of gratitude.”

The modern Christian use of ‘Amen‘ as ‘so be it,’ was first recorded about 1230 A.D.

The following statement would also indicate AUM

" In the beginning was the Word and The Word was with GOD and
the Word was GOD . Amen (AUM)" Bible
agakhani

Post by agakhani »

In one of the previous posts you have mentioned the word Om is related to Hindu God
Thanks for the correcting me, I should write om is "Hindu Mantra" or "Hindu Chant" Hindu Jaap" and it is usually recited in the begining of any new work same like we recite "bismillah" but it sure represent three Hindu Gods Brahma, Vishnu and Mahesh; Satyam, Shivam,Sundaram "सत्यं शिवं सुन्दरम्"means Brahma, Vishnu and Mahesh are one God (TRINITY)

The actual word for om is 'AUM' and it represtnt three Hindu gods, Brhama, Vishnu and Mahesh. the meaning of oham in Sanskrit is' अहम् ब्रह्माष्मी I am the god , same way mansoor Alhalaj recited 'ANAL HAQ"

However I don't agree with Hakeem Syed Mehmood Gillani the author of 'OM OR ALI' that Om is related to Islam or Hazarat Ali because Om is in Hindu culture since ancient time during the time of Puran, Veda and Upnishads, and many yogis, rishis were practicing it since many many years before the born of Christianity or Islam.
samir25

Post by samir25 »

star_munir

Post by star_munir »

Ali here does not necessarily means first manifest Imam who was living at the time of Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) but the Noor of Ali which was always present and will always be present. The author Syed Mehmood Gillani has given different meanings as per different Sanskrit dictionaries
For instance according to Pandit Hardayal M.A Shastri the meaning is "A hand of God" "A power of God" "Strength of Nature" (The Sanskrit English Dictionary by Pundit Hardayal M.A Shastri, published by Mahatma Book Stall Hall Bazar, Amritsar, Printed in General Electric Press Amritsar, 1907)

An Important Note:

The purpose for giving reference of book of Syed Mehmood Gillani, was just to show that Hindus (and other Non Muslisms and their holy books) also mentions and pay respect to Nabi and Ali in different ways

I do not say in any way that one should start chanting name of Om in meditation. Infact one should NOT adopt any practice of other religions and start neglecting our tariqah and practices. Therefore we shall recite tasbihs recommended in our tariqah and faith
agakhani

Post by agakhani »

Munir Wrote:-
"I do not say in any way that one should start chanting name of Om in meditation"

No, you are not saying that we should start chanting names of Om, I understand that and believe me that is the only reason I do not join in meditation class.

Your point of view and your arguments are some what right, but I still not agree with you 100% because I haven't read that book yet nor I research more on the word om and how it related with Ali?, so basically I can not debate with you or argue with you on this topic, but I have one old encyclopedia, in this encyclopedia I found more than 100 different meaning of single word 'OM' but nothing about the Ali.

I also agree with you that Noor of Ali which was always present and will always present same way noor of Nabuwat, but can I ask one question?, How the heck in world it possible that when Hazarat Ali was not even born yet and that author claim that Ali is in word 'OM""!!?? The world "om" is in practice since more than 5000 years in Hindu culture and Ali was born 1400 years ago!, there is 3600 years gape between word Om and Ali's birth, therefore author's thinking is doubtful which force me not to accept that author belief. but according our Ismaili faith Hazarat Ali was with every prophet but not for others, Sunnies will not agree with this.