"THE NIZARI ISMA'ILITES'
ABOLISHMENT
OF THE SHARI'A DURING
THE "GREAT RESURRECTION"
OF 1164 A.D.1559 A.H.

By: Jorunn J. BUCKLEY
(Greensboro, North Carolina, U.S.A.)

http://www.tc.umn.edu/~cmedst/gmap/uplo ... 201164.pdf
Last edited by From_Alamut on Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
Admin

Post by Admin »

Though i think there are many inaccuracies in Jorunn's article and this whole discussion should move to Doctrines please, do not continue here on off topic subjects.

Admin.
---

The giving of titles

Post by --- »

Titles for Murid in acknowledgement of their services during last 50 years of the Imamat; and also those for 2007/8 will not be neglected.

It was mentioned in the Talika Farman on the 13th of Dec 2008 that murids from the faith would be given titles for their services. I wanted to know more about this. Does anyone know how in the past this has been done? If this is done in private or infront of the jamat? Or what titles have been given in the past or any other information regarding the giving of titles.
Admin

Post by Admin »

---

The giving of titles

Post by --- »

Thank you for that info. I had some follow-up questions, hope thats okay. I wanted to know when hazar imam plans to give out these titles that he spoke of in the recent talika farman. He may have mentioned what he plans to do to council members or the LIF. Does anyone have that information?
Biryani

Post by Biryani »

kmaherali wrote:Below is a summary of the Farman delivered on 13th Dec. It is just to give an indication of the content. It is highly recommended that the entire Farman be read and studied by everyone. It is available from the Mukhi/Kamadias in JKs...
That was one fine job summarizing the Farman of Mowlana Hazar Imam.
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

Biryani wrote: That was one fine job summarizing the Farman of Mowlana Hazar Imam.
Yes it was but it was not done by me. I was only the messenger....
positive

Post by positive »

<P>yam,<BR><BR>i have&nbsp;heard that alkaida is trying to kill mhi.<BR><BR>thats y security is so though,<BR><BR>plz elaborate</P>
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

positive wrote:<P>yam,<BR><BR>i have&nbsp;heard that alkaida is trying to kill mhi.<BR><BR>thats y security is so though,<BR><BR>plz elaborate</P>
This is not something new for us. It is part of our history. There have been all kinds of people and institutions wanting to kill the Imams. For example, Imam Sultan Muhammad Shah writes in his memoir:

"The German Secret Service did not believe that I was really ill. They thought, however, that their country's cause would be well served were I put out of the way for good. They arranged to have a bomb thrown at me; and to make the operation certain of success they also arranged, with typical German thoroughness, to have my breakfast coffee poisoned. The bomb did not go off; I did not drink the coffee."
imutaban

The Ismaili Bohra Namaaz

Post by imutaban »

Am reading with interest about the possible introduction of an Ismaili Namaaz and saw some comments about the Bohra Namaaz. Thought folks might like to learn more about it.

To a large extent, the Bohras have preserved the Namaaz as practised during the Fatimid Ismaili Imamat. In my study, it is somewhat of a combination of the Shia Ithna'ashari and the Sunni Maliki practices, with one big difference. The conclusion, after saying the Salaam, includes a Dua called the Takarrub which is a recitation of the names of the Panjatan-Pak and the 21 Imams accepted by the Bohras (of which the first 18 are common with Ismailis).
InquisitiveGirl

Post by InquisitiveGirl »

Has there been any news post-2008 hedayat in regards to the Ismaili namaz?
nagib

Post by nagib »

There should be some on 13th December ;-)