Why do people hate what we practice

Current issues, news and ethics
AsadALLAH

Why do people hate what we practice

Post by AsadALLAH »

Why is it that some people (Whether former Ismailis, hindu's, Sunni's and others) Always critisize us and actually disagree with what we practice?
I don't know anyone that goes into other religious forums and put their religion down or even disagree with them.
haroon_adel

Re: Why do people hate what we practice

Post by haroon_adel »

AsadALLAH wrote:Why is it that some people (Whether former Ismailis, hindu's, Sunni's and others) Always critisize us and actually disagree with what we practice?
I don't know anyone that goes into other religious forums and put their religion down or even disagree with them.
Dear brother Asadullah,

People from other relgions can disagree/critisize as much as they want. Obviousely, they are trying to prove their relegion right, by disagreeing with us, Ismailis. But, that's ok. The fact of the matter is that truth will not be changed by them critisizing our relegion and/or disagreeing with us. Pay them no mind, let them follow their path, and we will follow our path, as we have the most amazing and wonderful Guide on our side. The Firman of our beloved Hazar Imam is our guide, and other people's openion regarding our relegion and faith should not bother you. Let them be as they are.

You mentioned "former Ismaili"...what do you mean by that? Do you mean there are people who were Ismaili and later they converted to some other relegion? If so...again, we come back to the same point. And for those, its very shame that they left the right path and started to continue on the wrong one. Too bad for them.

Haroon.
AsadALLAH

Post by AsadALLAH »

Very well said and very well explained.
RahimKarimi

Post by RahimKarimi »

Is it true that Ismaili's believe the best path to achieve the best after-life is through following Ismaili teachings?
What are Ismaili opinions on followers of other religions such as Hinduism, Christianity, Judaism, etc? Are they not set for as supreme an after-life as us Ismailis?
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

RahimKarimi wrote:Is it true that Ismaili's believe the best path to achieve the best after-life is through following Ismaili teachings?
What are Ismaili opinions on followers of other religions such as Hinduism, Christianity, Judaism, etc? Are they not set for as supreme an after-life as us Ismailis?
MHI gives an authoritative statement on this issue in his speech at:

http://www.ismaili.net/timeline/2006/20 ... utzing.htm

Excerpt:

"The spiritual roots of tolerance include, it seems to me, a respect for individual conscience -- seen as a Gift of God -- as well as a posture of religious humility before the Divine. It is by accepting our human limits that we can come to see The Other as a fellow seeker of truth -- and to find common ground in our common quest.

Let me emphasize again, however, that spirituality should not become a way of escaping from the world but rather a way of more actively engaging in it."
RahimKarimi

Post by RahimKarimi »

Thank you for that article kmaherali.

However, the following question arises. As Hazir Imam advocates the importance of tolerance, the need for society and mankind to unite as a whole, as said:

"Our spiritual understandings, like those of your Academy, are rooted, of course, in ancient teachings. In the case of Islam, there are two touchstones which I have long treasured and sought to apply. The first affirms the unity of the human race, as expressed in the Holy Qu'ran where God, as revealed through the Holy Prophet Muhammad, may peace be upon him, says the following:

'O mankind! Be careful of your duty to your Lord, Who created you from a single soul and from it created its mate and from the twain hath spread abroad a multitude of men and women.' (4:1) "

Then why is it that interfaith marriages between a Hindu and an Ismaili for example are not accepted in the context of a modern Ismaili perspective of a tolerant disposition towards mankind as a whole?
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

RahimKarimi wrote: Then why is it that interfaith marriages between a Hindu and an Ismaili for example are not accepted in the context of a modern Ismaili perspective of a tolerant disposition towards mankind as a whole?
During his various GJ visits to the Jamats, MHI met with non-Ismaili spouses of Ismailis attending the Darbars. He told them that difference in faith should not be a barrier in families. He also told them that if they wished they could offer their services to our institutions such as the AKDN.

The issue is that interfaith marriages can create problems when raising children. So long as prenuptial agreements are made before marriages regarding the faith of the children, there should not be any problems.

I hope you read the accounts of non-Ismaili spouses and their encounters with MHI during the GJ Darbars.
RahimKarimi

Post by RahimKarimi »

Thank you kmaherali
Sumi25

Post by Sumi25 »

kmaherali wrote: I hope you read the accounts of non-Ismaili spouses and their encounters with MHI during the GJ Darbars.
Where can I read these accounts?
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

Sumi25 wrote: Where can I read these accounts?
All the GJ accounts are given at:

Padhramnis, Mulaquats and Didar

http://www.ismaili.net/html/modules.php ... forum&f=28

The accounts of non-Ismaili spouses are given in the USA, UK, Canada, France visits....
Sumi25

Post by Sumi25 »

kmaherali wrote: All the GJ accounts are given at:

Padhramnis, Mulaquats and Didar

http://www.ismaili.net/html/modules.php ... forum&f=28

The accounts of non-Ismaili spouses are given in the USA, UK, Canada, France visits....
thanks kmaherali
heartbreakkid

Post by heartbreakkid »

hmmm lets c why people r jealous

1] v have a living imam who is the direct blood descendant of prophet muhammad[saw]

2] due to our progress

3] our charity work

4] our unity

5] some fight for no reason :lol: they have got nothing else to do ! :wink:
a1337

Post by a1337 »

Kid, that sounds like a very arrogant response. One of the qualities that unite ismailis are our humility. In comparison to other sects of Islam, Ismailis are pretty liberal and don't follow the old traditions other muslims follow. Now while we do this because of our present living imam, others don't believe that we should have an imam and that it is wrong. From what I've heard through discussions with Sunni's it seems like there might be 2 different versions of the Quran, I'm not too certain about this but Sunni's don't seem to believe that the Quran says anything about Gadir-a-khum (Pardon my spelling) and obviously we believe it happened. And I'm sure there are plenty of people hear who can cite the specific location on this forum, yet, there are sunni's who are equally well versed in the Quran who are not aware of that passage or claim it doesn't exist. Now, at this point there is no real proof whether shia's added it in or sunni's took it out (as an Ismaili, I believe it is supposed to be there) but it's a matter of faith.
enzuru

Post by enzuru »

To hate any other revealed faith is ignorance of <i>tawheed</i>, God's eternal unity. There are those who rise above this in all faiths, and those in all faiths who never can see beyond the <i>zahir</i>, the apparent. <i>Alhamdullilah</i> for our Hadhir Imam.
haroon_adel

Post by haroon_adel »

RahimKarimi wrote:Is it true that Ismaili's believe the best path to achieve the best after-life is through following Ismaili teachings?
It might abit late, and you might already got your answer as kmehrali explained it and provided concrete proof.

I'll give you an analogy.

Imagine there's a mountain. This mountain has several "ways" (streets) to its top. Some streets are pretty short and easy. However, some of them are very long and abit difficult. And some of them might not even lead you to the top of the mountain.

So, people's goal is to reach at the top of the mountain. Some choose the short and easy path. Some choose the long path. And some choose the path that doesn't lead to the top of the mountain.

So, if a person isn't ismaili, that doesn't necessarily mean that he/she will not go to heaven.
finni

Post by finni »

Individuals have personal beliefs and biases based on their upbringing.
We are influenced by the surroundings and our families.

Hopefully, with education and technology our world would become smaller and people are more aware of diverse viewpoints and beliefs among mankind.

Ignorance is a major reason for a lot of misunderstanding and hatred.