Diary of a non-Ismaili Spouse:

Dates, testimonies, articles, descriptions
haroon_adel

Post by haroon_adel »

I guess the reason why it's "advised" not to look straight at MHI is because if one does not have strong belief, his belief might become even weaker, by comparing/considering MHI as another human being as non-ismailies do. However, if you have strong believe, this should not even bother your thaughts.

Consider the following analogy: mankind benifits from the sun, especially from the light "Noor" of sun. Similarly, we should try to benifit from MHI's "Noor" which is his Farmans, I believe. If you look at the sun directly with your bare eyes, you might get blind and might never be able to "see" again. Similarly, if you look at MHI and have very weak believe "Imaan" then you might start comparing MHI with other human beings.

I guess that's why some "advise" not to look at MHI straigh. Besides, when we go to any Didaar, it's "Zahiri" Didaar, we should pray so that we can do "Batini" Didar at those unique ocasions.
rahulnc

No known programs for non ismaili spouses to see MHI

Post by rahulnc »

So MHI is in USA for 'Mulaqat'. While there are big communications about a 'lounge area' for non-ismaili spouses (like that is a big deal), there are no known programs for non-ismaili spouses to even see MHI, forget talking or interacting.

I mean to be very polite as I know some really awesome people in my family (wife's side) who are Ismailis and MHI means the world to them. But I don't understand how this kind of stuff can happen and can be considered 'normal'?

I spoke with the Volunteers, the Call center folks and everyone says "there are no provisions for MHI to see non ismaili spouses but if he feels like, he may see or meet them".

To put it mildly -- this is not reasonable and should not be acceptable to anyone.

I wanted to know what others on this forum think about this.
Admin

Post by Admin »

In Toronto last Deedar, non-Ismaili spouses were in line when MHI went to his car, he stopped and discussed with some of them.

The same happened in London but in the movie we could see that some from the leadership were trying to rush the Imam and not let him take his time to talk to whoever he was talking.

It was apparent that the Imam was annoyed by the behaviour of his leaders and wanted to spend more time with the non-Ismaili spouses.. So do not be disheartend by the doings of some.
rahulnc

Post by rahulnc »

It's hard to not be disheartened. I am married for 9 years now and I know all these awesome people for a long time. But there are certain things that can only be considered humiliating.
Like no provision to even see the MHI for an event that is considered the biggest event for so many people in my family.
Like I can't even stand outside the Dua hall while dua, because the door is open! I have to go to another distant room and close the door!
MHI and the leaders of the Ismaili sect (mukhis, heads of REC etc) cannot shy away from taking ownership of this big flaw. They cannot simply say "the rules are difficult to change". That is the uniqueness about Ismailism
I am being very soft-spoken here ... again because of the awesome folks in my family ... but I think this is now a deal breaker for me for respecting Ismailism.
Admin

Post by Admin »

I am sorry for the way you feel. Even we ismailis are sometimes discarded by some of our leaders during these event because as in all religions some people are rotten and lack generosity.

The fact that some people are rotten and bureaucratic should not be associated to the religion but to human nature which says tht given the opportunity, people will abuse of their position.
irfan7860

Re: No known programs for non ismaili spouses to see MHI

Post by irfan7860 »

rahulnc wrote:So MHI is in USA for 'Mulaqat'. While there are big communications about a 'lounge area' for non-ismaili spouses (like that is a big deal), there are no known programs for non-ismaili spouses to even see MHI, forget talking or interacting.

I mean to be very polite as I know some really awesome people in my family (wife's side) who are Ismailis and MHI means the world to them. But I don't understand how this kind of stuff can happen and can be considered 'normal'?

I spoke with the Volunteers, the Call center folks and everyone says "there are no provisions for MHI to see non ismaili spouses but if he feels like, he may see or meet them".

To put it mildly -- this is not reasonable and should not be acceptable to anyone.

I wanted to know what others on this forum think about this.
Rahul sorry you feel like that. I think that the leaders have failed to inform you the significance of a mulaqat verses a darbar. Mulaqats are extremely personal and for the murids only. Remember back in 2008 when mowla was in atlanta he only spent 1 day with the jamat and no religious cermonies were taking place. It should be noted that mowla at that time was in atlanta for 4 days! his other days were taken by goverment visit. That was not the case this time around. mowla spentfour days with us. in these four days he did various ceremonies and it took all day to do the ceremonies. very tiring for some one at the age of 82.