Franšais  |  Mission  |  About us  |  Disclaimer  |  Contact  |  What's new  |  FAQ  |  Search  | 

Welcome to The Heritage Web Site

-->
MY HERITAGE
New Heritage
Main Page
New Account
Set as Homepage
My Account
Logout
GOLDEN JUBILEE
Statistics
DIDARS
COMMUNICATE
Forums
Guestbook
Members List
Recommend Us
NEWS
Timelines
Ismaili History
Today in History
LEARN
Library
Youth's Corner
Ginans
FAIR
Gallery
Photo Album
Others


www.ismaili.net :: View topic - Celebrations leading to and after Darbar
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   
Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages

Celebrations leading to and after Darbar

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ismaili.net Forum Index -> Padhramnis, Mulaquats and Didar other than Jubilees
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Nishams



Joined: 17 Nov 2008
Posts: 12

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:38 am    Post subject: Celebrations leading to and after Darbar Reply with quote

Could some one please tell me what the plans are.

I don't live near JK and due to work it is very difficult to go regularly hence would like an update.

Are there any celebrations on Friday Sat and Sunday?

And why did they plan jaman on Thursday. Kind of difficult for those who could not get Friday off.
Back to top
View users profile Send private message
kmaherali



Joined: 27 Mar 2003
Posts: 18295

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Call the Darbar Information Hotline 1-877-570-2008
Back to top
View users profile Send private message
sassy



Joined: 13 Jul 2003
Posts: 67

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is Jaman On Thurday @ Direct Energy Centre( DEC)

There is also Jaman and Dandia On BOTH DAYS( SAT& SUN after DARBAR
Back to top
View users profile Send private message
arifsali2000



Joined: 11 Apr 2005
Posts: 42

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 5:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Celebrations leading to and after Darbar Reply with quote

Nishams wrote:
Could some one please tell me what the plans are.


You should check the One Jamat, One Heart Calendar, which is pretty good and has all the details.
http://goldenjubileecanada.org/english/21d.aspx
Back to top
View users profile Send private message
Karim_Mawani



Joined: 19 Nov 2008
Posts: 3

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a suggestion:

If we ourselves can answer some of the questions that people have here, it would relieve the stress level on the pople who are manning the Darbar Hotline. Its good that we are pointing them to the proper source for information but if we can answer their questions in addition to pointing out the phone numbers and the website, it would help everyone.
Back to top
View users profile Send private message
kmaherali



Joined: 27 Mar 2003
Posts: 18295

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Karim_Mawani wrote:
Just a suggestion:
Its good that we are pointing them to the proper source for information but if we can answer their questions in addition to pointing out the phone numbers and the website, it would help everyone.


Sometimes it is better that people are informed through 'official' channels first hand rather than getting second hand information which can sometimes be fraught with inaccuracies and personal interpretations. Misinformation can lead to unnecessary inconviniences and frustrations.
Back to top
View users profile Send private message
Nishams



Joined: 17 Nov 2008
Posts: 12

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kmaherali wrote:
Karim_Mawani wrote:
Just a suggestion:
Its good that we are pointing them to the proper source for information but if we can answer their questions in addition to pointing out the phone numbers and the website, it would help everyone.


Sometimes it is better that people are informed through 'official' channels first hand rather than getting second hand information which can sometimes be fraught with inaccuracies and personal interpretations. Misinformation can lead to unnecessary inconviniences and frustrations.



If announcements are being made in JK. then how can it be inaccurate? I unfortunately am not able to attend JK as I live in a remote area with the nearest JK being 45mins away and 2: Due to my work schedule am not able to attend JK that distance away. 3 Most of the time I cannot get thru to the Darbar hotline.

Therefore I rely on the information posted on this forum.
Back to top
View users profile Send private message
kmaherali



Joined: 27 Mar 2003
Posts: 18295

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nishams wrote:

If announcements are being made in JK. then how can it be inaccurate? I unfortunately am not able to attend JK as I live in a remote area with the nearest JK being 45mins away and 2: Due to my work schedule am not able to attend JK that distance away. 3 Most of the time I cannot get thru to the Darbar hotline.

Therefore I rely on the information posted on this forum.


Announcements by themselves are not inaccurate and it is fine if the entire announcements are posted without any changes in this forum. The problem arises when they are heard and then misinterpreted and posted here.
Back to top
View users profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ismaili.net Forum Index -> Padhramnis, Mulaquats and Didar other than Jubilees All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2.0.1 © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group




Fatal error: Call to a member function Execute() on a non-object in /home/heritage/web/webdocs/html/includes/pnSession.php on line 400