Nade Ali

Discussion on R&R from all regions
t4tak3lo

Nade Ali

Post by t4tak3lo »

YAM,

What is the background/history on the Nade Ali prayer and when should it be used?

Thanks

Adil
star_munir

Post by star_munir »

Background of Naad-e-Ali:
In the battle of Khyber muslims were unable to defeat jews and were in great trouble. There was no one who was able to conquer it.Hazrat Ali was not feeling well thats why He was not in battlefield. Kafirs were making celebrations that they are winning and many people among muslims were hypocrites. At that time Jibrail came and said Hazrat Muhammad [PBUH] Naad-e-Ali and Prophet Muhammad [PBUH] said and Hazrat Ali came immediately and the door of fort, which even 60 men were unable turn it, was broken by Hazrat Ali and He killed thousands of enemies with Zulfiqar.
t4tak3lo

Post by t4tak3lo »

Thank you star_munir,<BR><BR>Are there specific times we can use this prayer? ie. o&shy;nly in specific circumstances? Or can it be used anytime?<BR><BR>Thank you.<BR><BR><P><BR>Adil</P>
star_munir

Post by star_munir »

You are welcome. There are not any specific timings or specific cicumstance under which one can recite it. It can be said any time in any kind of problem. As it is in it,"All worries and sorrows will disappear by His help." That means we can say it in any kind of problem and even if some one is not in problem and think that some thing is giong to be bad with him or her can say it.
lilchimpmunk

Post by lilchimpmunk »

The idea is that every Ismaili should know Nade Ali. This can help them through their most toughest time in their life. I know this because I have used the Salwat and Nade Ali before any big performance or just planly when waking up or sleeping. It provides your heart to fill the joy of being an ismaili and there are many benifits.
aminpunjani

nadeali

Post by aminpunjani »

v can recite nad e ali any time and every where....it gives u spiritual feeling.....and make ur problem easier.....
byettc have a ncie day
Irfan_Kadiwal

Re: nadeali

Post by Irfan_Kadiwal »

aminpunjani wrote:v can recite nad e ali any time and every where....it gives u spiritual feeling.....and make ur problem easier.....
byettc have a ncie day
Hi,

YAA ALI MADAD

I would like to correct you upon your views.

Nade-Ali is not a Tasbi which you can recite any time anywhere.

It is very special Tasbi and should be recited only under Special circumstances.(e.g in deep trouble or pain for which there seems to be no solution).

There is another tasbi 'YAA RABAL AABE GARDA....'
even this is similarly a very special tasbi.

Salwat you can recite anytime & anywhere.

THE REASON why you should not recite it anytime is

'It is said that MOWLA feels pain (symbolically) when you recite such powerful tasbis'

Regards,
Irfan
star_munir

Post by star_munir »

In Naad-e-Ali we just ask help from Imam. I dont think if we ask help from Him then we are giving Him pain.
t4tak3lo

Post by t4tak3lo »

YAM Irfan,

You mentioned a tasbhi called 'YAA RABAL AABE GARDA....' Can you please elaborate on this? Do you have the full wording and meaning?

I've been looking around for it, but no one seems to know what it is. I have heard that it is a powerful prayer as well.

If you do not feel comfortable posting it here, kindly email with the text.

Regards,

Adil
Irfan_Kadiwal

Post by Irfan_Kadiwal »

t4tak3lo wrote:YAM Irfan,

You mentioned a tasbhi called 'YAA RABAL AABE GARDA....' Can you please elaborate on this? Do you have the full wording and meaning?

Regards,

Adil
Hi Adil
YAA ALI MADAD.

Sorry for the delayed response i wasn't checking the posts on the board anyways my situation is the same as yours even i don't know the meaning of the tasbi but i can tell u the compelete words...

YAA RABAL AABE GARDA BAHAK SHAE MARDA , BAHAK SHAE MARDA YAA RABAL AABE GARDA

Its like repeating the first part again in the reverse way.
parvezsm

NADE ALI.....

Post by parvezsm »

Hi,YAM & thnx to all those who have posted their replies earleir on this topic.

However, I would be glad if some one can provide the full meaning of Nade ali.... - and also,word to word.
Akbar(Khan)

Re: NADE ALI.....

Post by Akbar(Khan) »

parvezsm wrote:Hi,YAM & thnx to all those who have posted their replies earleir on this topic.

However, I would be glad if some one can provide the full meaning of Nade ali.... - and also,word to word.

Naadey Ali! Nade Ali!
Naadey Aliyyan
Mazharal Ajayeb
Tajidahu Aunun Laka Finnwaeb
Kullu Hamin wa Gamin Sayanjali
Bi Wilayatika

Ya Ali! Ya Ali! Ya Ali!
Call Ali! Call Ali!
Call aloud to Ali
Who is the epiphanic source of wonders
You shall surely find him helping in your troubles
All grief and anxiety will disappear
By Your power and Authority!
O Ali! O Ali! O Ali!

"Hazrat Ali was never defeated in a war or a combat throughout his life. His physical strength was beyond human comprehension. He removed from the hinges the strong doors of the Khyber fort with a single jolt of his hand. Later, seven strong men with Abu Ra'fe', the famous strongman, could not lift even an inch from the ground one of the corners of the door. When asked about his wonderful display of strength, in removing the doors, Hazrat Ali replied that it was his divine power." (Sayyidul Ausiya, p. 65)
Virgo2

Nad E Ali

Post by Virgo2 »

Ya Rab Bala Bé-garda Bé-Haqqé Shah-é- Marda
This is how I understand the meaning of the above tasbih.

Oh Rab remove my calamities in the name of my Master Ali.
or

O Allah I ask you for your help - please come to my help and I am beseeching you in the name of my Master Ali !"

Virgo2
Admin

Re: Nad E Ali

Post by Admin »

Virgo2 wrote:
Ya Rab Bala Bé-garda Bé-Haqqé Shah-é- Marda
This is how I understand the meaning of the above tasbih.

Oh Rab remove my calamities in the name of my Master Ali.
or

O Allah I ask you for your help - please come to my help and I am beseeching you in the name of my Master Ali !"

Virgo2
???I don't see your translation in this sentence. Where do you see "O Allah etc..." Shah e Marda is the title of Hazrat Ali who is also known as Mowla "Mushkil Khusha". Unless you mean Ali is Allah therefore you can replace one by the other in your translation.
Virgo2

Post by Virgo2 »

Where do you see "O Allah etc...""
Ya Rab equals "Oh Allah". We normally use Rab for Allah.

Virgo2
zubair_mahamood

Post by zubair_mahamood »

Ya Ali Madad,
Irfan_Kadiwal wrote:
aminpunjani wrote:v can recite nad e ali any time and every where....it gives u spiritual feeling.....and make ur problem easier.....
byettc have a ncie day
Hi,

YAA ALI MADAD

I would like to correct you upon your views.

Nade-Ali is not a Tasbi which you can recite any time anywhere.

It is very special Tasbi and should be recited only under Special circumstances.(e.g in deep trouble or pain for which there seems to be no solution).

There is another tasbi 'YAA RABAL AABE GARDA....'
even this is similarly a very special tasbi.

Salwat you can recite anytime & anywhere.

THE REASON why you should not recite it anytime is

'It is said that MOWLA feels pain (symbolically) when you recite such powerful tasbis'

Regards,
Irfan
I heard this form many that Mowla feels pain when you recite such powerful tasbi…… well I don’t think so he feels any pain (symbolically or other wise)

How can Allah feels pain if his creature call him for help by any means (Dua or tasbi or Nadi Alior XYZ) if so Allah wouldn’t have mention in Quran around 700 times to remember Him or call Him for help.

If Nadi Ali is powerful tasbi or what ever you call then other tasbis then I would only recruit Nadi Ali as when at school I always want to get good grades y not in my spiritual life.

All tasbis are equally powerful but they have their importance according to traditions. One has to be sincere in calling Allah and if Allah will he will sure answer you call…. And also I think he always answers us but we don’t see things as he sees that’s y we feel he is not answering us…

Zubair
Last edited by zubair_mahamood on Sun Apr 01, 2007 6:29 am, edited 3 times in total.
JAMESBOND

Post by JAMESBOND »

Irfan_Kadiwal wrote:
t4tak3lo wrote:YAM Irfan, <BR><BR>You mentioned a tasbhi called 'YAA RABAL AABE GARDA....' Can you please elaborate o&shy;n this? Do you have the full wording and meaning?<BR><BR>Regards,<BR><BR>Adil
<BR><BR><BR>YAA ALI MADAD<BR><BR>YA RABB BALA BIRGARDA BA-HAQQE SHAHE MARDA'N<BR><BR>(O! SUSTAINER DRIVE AWAY MY PROBLEMS, FOR THE SAKE OF MOULA ALI)<BR><BR>40 TIMES any TIME<BR><BR><BR>Hi Adil<BR>YAA ALI MADAD.<BR><BR>Sorry for the delayed response i wasn't checking the posts o&shy;n the board anyways my situation is the same as yours even i don't know the meaning of the tasbi but i can tell u the compelete words...<BR><BR>YAA RABAL AABE GARDA BAHAK SHAE MARDA , BAHAK SHAE MARDA YAA RABAL AABE GARDA<BR><BR>Its like repeating the first part again in the reverse way.
<BR><BR>YAA ALI MADAD<BR><BR>YA RABB BALA BIRGARDA BA-HAQQE SHAHE MARDA'N<BR><BR>(O! SUSTAINER DRIVE AWAY MY PROBLEMS, FOR THE SAKE OF MOULA ALI)<BR><BR>40 TIMES any TIME<BR>KARIM
arshad1988

Post by arshad1988 »

B i s m i l l a a h i r R a h m a a n i r R a h e e m

The power of Nade Ali
At the fort of gadh chakva

This episode is from the time of Imam Khalillah Ali, our 45th Imame Zaman who was residing in Iran in a city called Mahelat.

Hansala te maan, sarovar re ya shah!
Ya shah ola bagla te kichad khay;
Janam gumavyo ene, bagalde re ya shah,
E bagla te hans na thay..
Sachcha swamine aaradhjo ji
(Peer saderdin)

Maan sarover is a beautiful lake in the mountainous region of Himalayas made of the glistening white snow and is a favorite place for swans to hang out and reside, it is also a great tourist attraction for its awe aspiring natural beauty. Peers have often compared the soul with the swan which signifies a pure peaceful beautiful bird with a great choice for habitat. Only enjoys pearls and great atmosphere of serenity and beauty. Flamingoes on the other hand are not considered as graceful as swans because of their nature to hang out and look out for food in the wet mud and dirt. In early summer when the snow in the Himalayas melts due to light sunshine of the sun it forms small springs which runs down the mountains as if jumping with excitement these small springs make small rivers which eventually come down to the plains to meet a big river which eventually rushes with great force towards the ocean to be one with the ocean Similarly river Atak in the state of Punjab Pakistan (then) meets with river Sindhu and becomes Sindhu very close to the Arabian ocean and becomes all in one.

During the time of Imam Shah Khalillah ali, a few murids from Punjab would travel by water and land to have the deedar of the IMAM-E- Zaman, who was residing in Iran.
One time a group of few men and few women under the leadership of Rai Ramumal ventured on a trip to get the deedar of Mowla. Their trip started from Punjab. There were no planes and fast trains those days. They started their journey in a medium size boat which moves by sails and by the sailors' .there were no motor boats then. Among these were 3 women and four men and two kids. Rai Ramumal was like a missionary, he would travel from one village to another and teach ginan and explain our tarika to the villagers. He would inspire love for the Imam in the hearts of the murids.From time to time he would visit the Imam in Iran and pay his homage on behalf of the jamat. While on his missionary trips he had prepared a few families this time to go with him to IRAN to meet the Imam of the time. They started their journey on river Atak in a medium size boat This river flows through Khanpur and Rahimkhan in Punjab and meets river Sindhu in Rehdi When the boat was in the mid waters on Sindhu which is a huge river, the river startedhaving floods.
The waves were getting stronger and stronger and the water force was getting vigorous. it also started raining heavily. Soon there was a big storm and the boat became very shaky.
The floods picked up a great strength and the boat was getting flooded. The murids started reciting "Ya Ali, Ya Ali" The sailors were desperate but they could not control the boat Sails were torn by the winds and boat had no direction. Far away on the banks of river people had gathered helpless to do anything and observing the show casing of the wild nature. Evening was rapidly approaching. Everyone started reciting Nade Ali. Rai Ramumal started reciting ginan in his loud impressive voice

"Eji tuj vina koi avar na dise
Mowla amne chhe tamaro aadhar ji
Ya shah tuj vina aame ekla swami ,
Tame thajo rakhvalji"

"Ya Mowla there is no one else who can save us but you.
You are our only support, without you we are helpless, please help us as we need you now. Whichever murid has called you in difficulties you have always responded. Please respond to our pleas and help us."

The waters were swirling in high circles and boat was pushed and swung in almost circles
When there was no hope of surviving ,Ramumal spoke to all the murids "whether now we survive or not is up to Mowla but I have now with me Mowla's karsaji money Which the jamat has given me to give to Mowla am responsible to submit to Mowla,since our belief is that Mowla is present spiritually everywhere ,in water, on land , in the air, on your witness I would like to submit this money of Mowla to him by depositing in water with the dua that may it reach him and I be delivered of my responsibility." The followers replied, "Rai sahib, please put our jewelry with that money. If we die what use are these jewels? And if we survive tht is the only thing very important s please do it" So the women on the team removed their necklaces, bangles earrings an rings and tossed it in the cloth bag that Ramumal had. Quickly Ramumal deposited everything in the water with a prayer.

Soon a huge wave rushed on them, followed by second and third Everyone started Nade ali prayer loudly Nade ali, Nade ali, Nade ali Mazhar al- ajaib tajidahu auna lakafinawaib kullu hammin wa ghammin sayanji Ali bi wilayatika Ya Ali Ya Ali Ya Ali . Followed by a call "ya noor mowlana shah Khalillah ali ya mushkilkusha!" In a second there was a miracle the boat got like a lift upwards as if someone gave a push upwards , saved from drowning, the waves started getting milder and milder the people collected on the bank swere screaming, "Ya Ali Ya Haider" The boat suddenly found its direction and started sailing normal In a short time it reached the shore of the island called Sadh bela.
The travelers were made to come down from the boat on the island where many locals had gathered to help them and comfort them. All the travelers rested there at night and when they woke up in the morning the weather had improved remarkably. They performed the morning prayers and once again boarded the boat and started their journey toward Iran
Ramumal recited the ginan:

"Nav bhali Ali Shahki ,jame thor ,jame thor apaar:
je koi chade navme , sobhi haire sobhi haire hamara."

The boat then sailed up to Keti Bandar, a port near Karachi , They traveled towards Iran in another boat from here. They landed on the coast of Iran , and undertook a foot journey to reach Mahelat, the small city where Imam of the time was residing. The foot journey was not easy either; they had to cross jungles with wild animals. They finally made it to Mahelat. It was indeed a very beautiful place. A dream place for the faithful Ismailis, a very few could physically travel up to there. When this group made it to Mowla's city they were ecstatic with joy. Overjoyed their eyes were filled with tears. They were longing the deedar of Mowla which was such a rare blessing those days because of the travel limitations.
It was believed to be happening to those who were very strong in their Ibadat and devotion. Each one was wondering as to how does Mowla look? What is it to have deedar? They had never had a deedar in their lives. When they reached Mowla's place there were 10 other tents accommodating jamat from other parts such as Syria, Iraq and Kahiawar.
There was a big fort surrounding the city of Mahelat , which peer calls as Gadh chakva i.e. the fort Chakva in the ginan of Navroj na din sohamna.

Gadh Chakvane Kille shah Khalillah rame
Tya fatehali ne maya karine bolaviya
Anant aasha puri ammari nit Ali noore thruthya…ji

A few days passed some more murids arrived from Afghanistan , Tajikistan, Turkistan and Yemen. A message was sent to Mowla requesting a deedar for the collected murids. Mowla agreed to give the deedar on chandraat which was in 4 days. It was a long wait especially considering a long journey and many days of travel. They were all patiently waiting for the big day. The day of the deedar arrived. Sun rose with its golden sunshine
The rooftops of the houses were covered with bright yellow sunshine.
Spiritual father the sun of the murids souls was to appear in moments.
Jamat gathered under Mowla's residence in the front court Mowla appeared on a low terrace for the deedar so everyone could see him. He looked like a shining sun, full of glory amazing deedar! his face was glowing with happiness and kindness and mercy he said Khanavadan, Khanavadan, Khanavadan.

The murids were blessed with these words which encompass all the mercy needed for one's happiness and well being of the worldly and spiritual life. He sat on a simple chair for sometime while the murids enjoyed his company and felt joyous and satisfied spiritually. Each one silently communicated spiritually with their spiritual father.
After a few minutes Mowla left. The message came to the jamat instructing everyone to leave, All the jamat got good deedar so they started packing to leave following the firman.
Second message came from Imam saying the team who has come from Punjab with Rai Ramumal must stay back .they will be called to meet with Imam in the morning.
The gathering separated. Most people were gone by evening. Next day morning Ramumal group went to Imam for personal meeting. Each one was extremely delighted to enter into the house of Mowla. This was the house of panjatan pak. They were saying sukhar tasbih silently in their hearts for such an opportunity. They were seated with great respect.
This was the house where every murid desires to reach one day but only a few lucky and blessed can make it to.

Eji e ghar serve je satsu,
Tena patak sarve re jay…
Aadi anadithi e ghar chaliyo
Teni sevae punya pavitra thay…cheto….
Eji e gharni ummed rakhjo munivaro
Jya sudhi jeevo tya sudhi seva karjo saar
Peer Hasan Kabirdin e ye ghar tamne bataviyu
Ema seso ma aanjo lagar
Cheto rikhisaro guru kahe ..
Sacha satgurue em kahiya
(refer translation)
This is the house to be served with faith and honesty
If you do so all your sins are washed away
This is the tradition age long
Whoever serves the Imam and his house becomes purified.
Always only depend on Him (Imam)
Serve him till you die.
Peer Hasan Kabirdin has showed you this house(JK)
Do not doubt one bit of this teaching
Be ware and believe what he says
That is what you have been instructed by the Imam.
(moman chetamni by peer Hasan Kabirdin)

In a short time Mowla arrived. He sat on a simple chair. Everyone recited the salvats
Mowla called everyone to come and sit closer to him He looked at Rai Ramumal and said,
"you have served me and my jamat very well I give you my special blessings to you tell me if you had any difficulty in reaching here?" "Ya Mowla by your blessings we had no problems" Ramumal was not amongst those who will elaborate if not important any more.
Imam asked again "no difficulties at all?" "Ya Mowla you are aware of everything that happened" Said Ramumal with his hands joined very politely "Ok, Ramumal tell me what happened on river Sindhu near Rehdi?" "Mowla you have the light, you know everything" Said Rai "I know it but I want to know from you" Said Mowla as he kindly looked at everyone So Ramumal gave the spoken report of everything that happened on the boat.
When Ramumal talked about the boat getting an upward push that stopped the boat from drowning, he became very emotional.
Mowla asked "who gave that upward push?" "Ya Mowla it was you" "No doubt it was me"
"Yes Mowla I agree" "Yes indeed" Imam said Then he pulled his shirt from his shoulder exposing his right shoulder and said "Look my shoulder is bruised and hurt because of the push I had to give to your boat to stop it from drowning" "When you called me I had to come instantly" Ya Mowla we ask your forgiveness for the trouble we gave you.
Said Ramumal "No, no! You are my spiritual children and it is my duty to save you when you call me in difficulties" "But what about my bag that you threw in the waters?" asked the Imam? Ever one remained quiet. Now before Ramumal could try to explain about it he called upon a servant and spoke in Farsi to bring something. The servant came with a wet green bag, same bag that Ramumal had tossed in the water in the midst of the storm
Was it this bag? Asked Mowla "Yes Mowla, indeed it was this bag, there is no answer to your abilities" "Is there anything of yours in this bag?" Imam asked. "No Mowla nothing was ours it was all yours" said Ramumal Thinking everything of ours, is all his given by him so how can anything be mine. Nothing is of yours are you sure? Asked Mowla with a smile again No Mowla, nothing is ours" said Ramumal politely and rest of the group agreeing with a nodding gesture. "Shabaash, Khanavadan," Mowla said and then fondly placed his hand on each murid one by one. Imam then asked for a big tray and he emptied all the contents of the bag, he then picked up each piece of jewelry one by one and looked at the owner of that each piece accurately and gave it back "I have received my own share but these jewelry were yours to keep" It is your gifts. With a very pleasing gesture he said,
"I am very happy with your love and devotion towards the Imame Zaman. Always remember us and practice your faith regularly. you will never be unhappy if you serve my house I will always protect you but do not forget me." Then he looked at Ramumal and said, "Recite the slokas by satguru" So Ramumal recited the following verse

Satguru kahere mahima amaro maata tano
Ane pitay ame jjan;
Pan parnari karan amne tajsho
To mat pit kem thaiye nirvana re

We are like you mother and father but if for material life you leave your parents and forget them how can they come to your help?

Imam said "rukhsat"
Meaning: "you can leave".
All left and returned back to Punjab safely.

Translated from: Gujarati book Pyara Imam Ni pyari vaato. (Page 45, chapter 10)
Authors: Sairab Abuturab
Vazir Jafferali Bhalvani
English Translation by Dolly Chandani M.D. Los Angeles, California .
feri

Post by feri »

^^very nice..thanks for sharing
star_munir

Post by star_munir »

Thanks a lot for sharing. Its very nice and inspiring. But in the artcile a verse from granth Moman Chetamni is quoted and its written Moman Chetamni by Pir Hassan Kabirdin. Thats incorrect. Moman Chetamni was composed by Syed Imam Shah.
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

AN INTRODUCTION TO NAAD-E-ALI*

By Hussein Rashid

http://simergphotos.com/2013/01/07/hist ... ollection/
MyDinDuniya

Mowla feels pain...

Post by MyDinDuniya »

Recently, I listened to a wa'ez by Kamaluddin missionary on the belief of some of our ismailies, that Mowla feels pain when we pray certain tasbihs.

He was very clear in debunking that myth and encouraged the jamat to say whichever tasbih..including Nad-E-Ali, whenever they need and want to. He explained that there is no truth behind the concept of Mowla feeling pain when his murids call on him!

Pray as much as you want...whenever you want!!

:)
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

Naad-e-Ali (A.S.) - Abida Parveen

Video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hYjcix ... rce=Direct
Admin

Post by Admin »

Beautiful page from a Khojki manuscript dated 1820. Written exactly 200 years ago!

This is a particular recitation: The Nade Ali ending with bi nabuwatika ya Muhammad wa bi wilayatika ya Ali, ya Ali, ya Ali. La fata ila Ali la saif illah zulfikar

mahebubchatur

New Manuscript published

Post by mahebubchatur »

A new original manuscript (an invaluable resource)

On Nande e Ali
(Ax Prayer of invocation/supplication)

Link
https://library.ismaili.net/blogs/nande-ali-prayer

Present - as recited

Naadey Ali! Nade Ali!
Naadey Aliyyan
Mazharal Ajayeb
Tajidahu Aunun Laka Finnwaeb
Kullu Hamin wa Gamin Sayanjali
Bi Wilayatika
ya Ali Ya Ali Ya Ali

Translation

Ya Ali! Ya Ali! Ya Ali!
Call Ali! Call Ali!
Call aloud to Ali
Who is the epiphanic source of wonders
You shall surely find him helping in your troubles
All grief and anxiety will disappear
By Your power and Authority!
O Ali! O Ali! O Ali!
kmaherali

Re: Nade Ali

Post by kmaherali »

I am most touched by the gift submitted on behalf of my Jamat on the occasion of my birthday, of the historic mughal folio depicting the prayer of NAD E-ALI. This prayer, which invokes the grace of Hazarat Ali for spiritual strength and healing, is deeply significant in our Tariqah. (Talika 10 December 2023)