Salgirah 2008 Birthday celebration Khushiali

Activities of the Imam and the Noorani family.
Admin

Salgirah 2008 Birthday celebration Khushiali

Post by Admin »

Citizenship and Immigration Canada

Dec 12, 2008 15:33 ET
Minister Kenney Extends Birthday Wishes to His Highness Prince Karim Aga Khan

OTTAWA, ONTARIO--(Marketwire - Dec. 12, 2008) - The Honourable Jason Kenney, Minister of Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism, issued the following statement on the birthday of His Highness Prince Karim Aga Khan, which is on December 13:

"I would like to extend warm birthday wishes to His Highness Prince Karim Aga Khan.

As a spiritual leader of the Shia Imami Ismaili Muslim people, the Aga Khan is an extraordinary example of compassion and tolerance. This is most evident in the Aga Khan Development Network, which he founded and now chairs. The network, which works towards social, economic and cultural development in Asia and Africa, will be headquartered in Ottawa at a new Delegation of the Ismaili Imamat. This stunning building was officially opened by the Aga Khan and Prime Minister Harper just a few days ago on December 6. I am proud that Canada was chosen to house such a significant structure, the first of its kind in the world.

I had the distinct pleasure of meeting with the Aga Khan several times, most recently during his latest visit to Canada. Each time, I was impressed by a man who has done so much for the Shia Imami Ismaili Muslim people and humanity. In the words of Prime Minister Harper, "his name has become synonymous with humanitarian aid and development in countries beset by conflict and poverty. Just as importantly, he has worked tirelessly as a bridge-builder between faiths and cultures."

His Highness Prince Karim Aga Khan is truly an inspiration and I wish him a long, healthy and blessed life."

For more information, please contact
Minister's Office
Alykhan Velshi
613-954-1064

or

Communications Branch
Media Relations Unit
613-952-1650
CIC-Media-Relations@cic.gc.ca