SYRIA dates, events and testimonies

Dates, testimonies, articles, descriptions
Admin

SYRIA dates, events and testimonies

Post by Admin »

Put info here as it comes. Please do not open multiple thread for the same subject. Lets all concentrate here the posts pertaining to this subject in this thread.

Admin
Last edited by Admin on Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Admin

Post by Admin »

If you want 100% sure news, wait for last day before Didar when it will be too late to get your visa.

Obviously wait for official news before making travel arrangements but get your visa now as news will come only last moment.

For Salamieh Didar, stay in a Hotel in Hama, it is not far and you can rent a car or take a taxy from there.

You can go to Hama from Aleppo or from Damascus, Salamieh is about 3 hours drive from both places. Lots of ismaili history there.

There will be probably more people at the Darbar in Salamieh then in any other city of the world but you will not find nicer people in the whole world, that I can assure you!

Admin
Last edited by Admin on Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Khaliya

Post by Khaliya »

In our khane, we'vebeen hearing that this visit will be held in August. Along the same time as the Singapore visit. even some of our leaders are unofficially confirming it in conversation. So far we can only "officially" say Inshahallah..

I hope the LIF message will confirm these soon! Mubaraki to all!
hari

Post by hari »

Ya Ali Madad,

i agree: insha'Allah the dates for these visits will be announced very soon. In the meantime, those who hope to travel to Syria should inquire about travel visas as i'm told they take some time to process...
hassanb34

Post by hassanb34 »

deer Admin
YA ALI MADAD
thank you very much for all your good information
I tell you that travel to more country is very dificult
I hope we can travel to Sirya for MHI deedar.
we are waitting the right information of you and other
members.
thank you and YAM
IrIsmaili.net

Post by IrIsmaili.net »

Important_Information

Post by Important_Information »

Mubaraki to the world Jamat.
MHI is visiting Syira from 24th to 29th Aug. and there will be GJ Darbar during this visit.
The confirmation announcement will in JK’s soon.
Please remember that any information about GJ Padramni must be confirmed by Council, until then; please do not make any travelling arrangement.
I believe world Jamat must be aware of Padramni dates of MHI.

YAM
Kasim Ali
No_problem

Mubaraki

Post by No_problem »

Mubaraki to the Syrian and worldwide Jamats on the auspicious news of the Mawlana Hazar Imam's visit to Syria which has been confirmed to take place between 24-29 August 2008.

There will be 2 Darbars, one in Salamieh and another in Al-Khawaby.

There are 2 hotels in Salamieh and plenty of hotels in neighbouring cities.

Mubaraki to all.
ng070758

Post by ng070758 »

Mubaraki to all for Mawla's padhramni to Syria.I want to go to Syria for darbar but meed some guidance.I understand Hama will be closer to Salamiyeh and should stay there.How about the other darbar site.Where is it located and where should I stay.Could someone please guide me o­n that.I have searched the net but can't locate too much info.I understand that I will have to get some form of transport from Damascus to Salamiyeh.Please guide.Thanks
No_problem

Post by No_problem »

Dear all,

Here is a map of Syria:

http://www.syriatourism.org/modules/My_ ... =123457746

Please note the following:
- The capital Damascus is located south of Syria
- Salamieh is located in the centre of Syria and is spelled on the map: Salamiyeh

- Khawaby: is not shown on the map but it is located near Tartus on the sea coast.

International airports are available in Damascus (south) and Aleppo (north). Note that Aleppo is spelt on the map as Halab.

You'll find some important information about the country here: http://www.syriatourism.org/index.php?m ... &subid=114

Please note that Salamieh is about 3 hours drive from Damascus.

There are two hotels in Salamieh and here is one of them http://www.nairouz.com (if I find the link of the other I'll post it).

There are plenty of hotels in Hama (32 km west of Salamieh) and Homs (45 km south east of Salamieh) and both are shown on the map.

Will send some more information soon.

Regards.
ShamsB

Post by ShamsB »

No_problem wrote:Dear all,

Here is a map of Syria:

http://www.syriatourism.org/modules/My_ ... =123457746

Please note the following:
- The capital Damascus is located south of Syria
- Salamieh is located in the centre of Syria and is spelled on the map: Salamiyeh

- Khawaby: is not shown on the map but it is located near Tartus on the sea coast.

International airports are available in Damascus (south) and Aleppo (north). Note that Aleppo is spelt on the map as Halab.

You'll find some important information about the country here: http://www.syriatourism.org/index.php?m ... &subid=114

Please note that Salamieh is about 3 hours drive from Damascus.

There are two hotels in Salamieh and here is one of them http://www.nairouz.com (if I find the link of the other I'll post it).

There are plenty of hotels in Hama (32 km west of Salamieh) and Homs (45 km south east of Salamieh) and both are shown on the map.

Will send some more information soon.

Regards.
How about Visas - don't we need Syrian based sponsors?

Shams
Virgo2

Post by Virgo2 »

Brother Shams,

You will need visas if you want to go to Syria. You will not need sponsors. Just tell them why you want to go. You will find people very helpful there. They all know the Imam and his work. You will not find roadblocks. But you will have to hurry because the process is slow. They have a visa section in NY and Washington.

Good Luck. Syria is a beautiful country and Ismailis are very hospitable. I was posted there for 3 years and those were the best years of my career.

Virgo2
ShamsB

Post by ShamsB »

Virgo2 wrote:Brother Shams,

You will need visas if you want to go to Syria. You will not need sponsors. Just tell them why you want to go. You will find people very helpful there. They all know the Imam and his work. You will not find roadblocks. But you will have to hurry because the process is slow. They have a visa section in NY and Washington.

Good Luck. Syria is a beautiful country and Ismailis are very hospitable. I was posted there for 3 years and those were the best years of my career.

Virgo2

Can you email me? let's talk?

mehsuj@hotmail
Riz1317

SYRIA tour with complete package

Post by Riz1317 »

dear All,

Yali Madad to all of you.

Darbar in Syria......
we are arranging Hotel, Visa, Ticket & tour for Syria & Asia tour for our Ismailies.

pls cnfm your receipt.
--
We are trustable and looking for valuable customers who are required the best Tour, Ticketing & Service all over the world. We feel very proud to do business with your esteemed organization/company & our valuable customers. We assure you for our fully support to satisfy your organization/company & your tour to all over the world.

For any query / inquiry please do let me contact through email or phone. I am available for you all time.

Thanks and Best Regards

with best regards
=============
Riaz Momin
Tour Manager
Shahid Travels & Tour
Address: Ground Floor 9/13-B, Uni Plaza, I.I. Chundrigar Road,
Karachi, Sindh Pakistan.
Tel: 0092-021-2401478
Fax: 0092-021-2416322
cell:0092-3002563034
E-mail: riazmomin786@gmail.com
Msn : riaz_momin76@hotmail.com
Web: www.shahidtravels.com
No_problem

Post by No_problem »

Dear all,

To obtain a visa, please contact the Syrian embassy in your country. Here are the websites of some Syrian embassies:

UK: http://syremb.com

Canada: http://www.syrianembassy.ca/ConsularSection.htm

USA: http://www.syrianembassy.us

Sweden: http://www.syrianembassy.se/Engelska/index.htm

France: http://www.amb-syr.fr

UAE: http://www.syrianembassy.ae/Visas_E.html

Germany: http://www.syrianembassy.de

Australia: http://www.syrianembassy.org.au/syr/eng ... gory_id=41

Belgium: http://www.syrianembassy.be/Arabic/index.htm

Kuwait: http://www.syrianembassy.gov.kw/visa.html

There is also a list of embassies and consulates which could be useful: http://www.offshorewave.com/embassies_s ... try_id=206

Best of luck.
jeeshanali

Post by jeeshanali »

Ya ali Miadad

Official Name: Syrian Arab Republic

Location: Syria is bounded by the Mediterranean and Lebanon on the west, by Israel and Jordan on the south, by Iraq on the east and by Turkey on the north. The frontier between Syria and Turkey was settled by the Franco-Turkish agreement of 22 June 1929. Syria map
Area: Syria has an area of 185,180 sq km (71,498 sq mi). 185,180 sq km

Capital: Damascus

Language: Arabic is the official language, spoken by 89% of the population, while 6% speak Kurdish, 3% Armenian and 2% other language. English and French are spoken in business circles.

Religion: The overwhelming majority of the Syrian population is Sunni Muslim. Other Muslims include Ismailis, Shiites, and Alawites (a schism of the Shiite branch). Of the non-Muslims in Syria, most are Christians, primarily Greek and Armenian Orthodox. Religious minorities include Druze, who follow a religion related to Islam, and a community of approximately 1000 Jews. 70% Sunni Muslim, 12% Christians (mostly Orthodox and Greek Catholic) and 18% other minority groups including Jews and Druzes.

Population: The population of Syria (1997 estimate) is 16,137,899, giving the country an overall population density of 87 persons per sq km (226 per sq mi). Syria is populated chiefly by Arabs, who constitute about 90 percent of the population. The largest non-Arab minorities are Kurds, most of whom are pastoral people concentrated along the Turkish border, and Armenians, who dwell chiefly in the larger cities. The Syrian Desert is the most sparsely populated part of Syria. The most densely settled area of the country is in the west.

Membership: Syria is a member of the UN and Arab League and Organization of the Islamic Conference.

Currency: The basic unit of currency is the Syrian pound, divided into 100 piasters. Syrian banking was formerly controlled by foreign companies. Until 1956 currency was issued by the largest commercial bank in Syria, the French-owned Banque de Syrie et du Liban. In that year the Syrian government established a new, state-owned bank, the Central Bank of Syria, and authorized it to issue the national currency.

Syria Time Difference: GMT + 2

Regards/Rahim
jeeshanali

Post by jeeshanali »

Entry Requirements

Individuals and groups of all nationalities (with some exceptions) are issued one-month entry visa upon arrival at any port in Syria upon presentation of passport; which is extensible on a request submitted to the Passports and Immigration Office, or to obtain in advance an entry visa from Syrian diplomatic missions abroad (this is very important for everybody coming from USA, and may apply to other countries, so please be careful).

There are no restrictions on visitors to bring in foreign currencies, but the sum of foreign currency allowed out should not exceed the amount brought in.

Note: No Israeli stamp or any crossing point with Israel stamp should be on your passport this includes Araba border, Sheikh Hussein border, Rafah border, and Taba border.

Currency & Exchange Facilities

The currency of Syria is Syrian Pound (called Lira) - 1 US Dollar equals SL 49.7 (1 May 2001). One Lira is 100 piasters.

Coin denominations are: 25, 50 piastres and 1, 5, 10, 25, 50 liras.
Paper denominations are: 1, 5, 10, 20, 25, 50, 100, 500 liras.

Special tourist exchange rates have been put into operation so that the exchange rates at hotels are the same as those at the other exchange centres.

Credit cards and Traveller Cheques are accepted at most hotels, car rental agencies, shops and restaurants. Major cards accepted are Master Card, Visa, Eurocard, AMEX and Diners Club.

Climate

The most hospitable and pleasant climate in Syria is to be found near the coast where Mediterranean conditions give hot, dry summers and mild, wet winters, with average daily temperatures of 29oC (84.2 F) in summer and 10oC (50 F) in winter. Annual rainfall along the coast ranges from 750 to 1000mm (30 to 40 inches).

Moving inland from the coast, Syria's climate becomes increasingly drier and less welcoming. Temperatures in the plateau region average around 35oC (95 F) in summer and 12oC (53.6 F) in winter and annual rainfall varies from 250 to 500mm (10 to 20 inches). Winters in the northern interior can be cold, with temperatures often falling to below freezing.

In the desert area, summer temperatures average 40oC (104 F), with frequent

Tourist Information Offices
Ministry of Tourism +963 (11) 22 10 122/22 15 916
Syrian Arab Airlines +963 (11) 22 29 000/22 23 434

Regards/Rahim
jeeshanali

Post by jeeshanali »

Ya ali miadad

Entire details about syria

http://www.ameinfo.com/syria/

Regards/Rahim
miharali

Post by miharali »

Are there any organised trips to Syria from UK, is there anyone organising trips for the under 35's. there is a roumour that there is and i am interested in participating. please can you post detail here or PM me<BR><BR>with YAM and thanks<BR>Didar mubarak
Virgo2

Post by Virgo2 »

Dear brother Mehsuj,

The last time I tried to write to somebody who sent me a private mail, he tried to hack my computer. So I do not write to anybody any more unless I know the person. Please post here what you want to know and I can give you all the information.

Virgo2
Yamen

Info About Syrian Didar

Post by Yamen »

Most probably the didar will be 25 or 26
in Salamieh
Admin

Post by Admin »

http://www.syrianembassy.ca/

Visa fees for Canadian passport or travel document holders only
One entry valid for a period of three months. $73

Visa Section (613) 569-5556 Ext. 235

For other countries, just search google with words Syrian Embassy visa

Apply as tourist. If you apply for business visa, they will ask for invitation letter.

ONLINE VISA: http://www.syremb.com/
ShamsB

Post by ShamsB »

Virgo2 wrote:Dear brother Mehsuj,

The last time I tried to write to somebody who sent me a private mail, he tried to hack my computer. So I do not write to anybody any more unless I know the person. Please post here what you want to know and I can give you all the information.

Virgo2
You wrote to me when we were talking with Morg - if you recall.

I tried responding to your PM from then - but the site won't let me.

Wanted some contacts in Salamiyah. Also I have an Israeli Stamp in my passport - is that going to cause me a problem?

Shams
No_problem

Post by No_problem »

Syria doesn't give visa if you have Israeli Stamp on passport as Israel is still occupying part of southern Syria.

If you have dual nationality then use the other passport and the visa fees could be much cheaper for a Pakistani or East African passport.

If you have only one passport then some countries in the West give temporary passport for their citizens visiting Syria if they have Israeli Stamp on passport. Please check with your immigration office.

The most likely date for Salamieh Darbar is 26th August but this is still not confirmed.
ng070758

Post by ng070758 »

can anyone tell me where salamiyah jamatkhana is located and of any other jamatkhanas in syria
Admin

Post by Admin »

Salamieh has several Jamatkhana, the main JK is with the Mosoleum of Prince Alykhan...

EXPECTED Didar dates: salamiya 26 and al-khawabi 27

Of course do not expect any confirmation for dates before you arrive there... so make arrangements to arrive before Hazar imam and leave after he has left then you will not have any surprises.

Admin
Riz1317

SYRIA tour with complete package

Post by Riz1317 »

Golden Jubilee in Syria complete package
Total Package : US$ 1211 (i.e. Rs.89,614/-) (for 1 person)

AREAS FOR VISIT
Day 1: Arrival in Damascus – meeting at the airport – transfer to the hotel (Overnight)Day 2: After Breakfast Drive to visit Hama – visit Massiaf (Ismaili) Agha Khan Visit the castle– visit Noria-Wheel water (Overnight)Day 3: After Breakfast Full day visit Salamieh back to Hama – overnight. Day 4: after Breakfast Departure to Al Kadmous - visit Al Khaluabi - Khadmos Castle back to Tartous overnight.Day 5: After Breakfast visit back to Damascus – overnight.Day 6: After Breakfast Transfer to Damascus airport for departure.

Rate includes:
· Visa charges
· Transfer Airport - hotel Airport
· Stay in 3 star Hotel
· Meet & Assist upon arrival & departure
· Accommodation at the hotels bed & breakfast basis including tax (in Damascus)
· All transfers & tours by modern tourist bus Al Zyarat
· English speaking guide.
Note: Require Documents Original passport & 2 Photos.
With best regards
=============
Riaz Momin
Tour Manager
Shahid Travels & Tour
Address: Ground Floor 9/13-B, Uni Plaza, I.I. Chundrigar Road,
Karachi, Sindh Pakistan.
Tel: 0092-021-2401478 Fax: 0092-021-2416322
Cell:0092-3002563034
E-mail: riazmomin786@gmail.com Msn: riaz_momin76@hotmail.com
Web: www.shahidtravels.com
Admin

Post by Admin »

ALL INFO ABOUT SYRIA VISIT SHOULD BE POSTED IN THIS THREAD. NEW THREADS ON ANY RELATED SUBJECTS WILL BE DELETED FROM FORUM AND USER FILE WILL ALSO BE DELETED.

WE WILL TOLERATE PUBLICITY FOR TOUR OPERATOR IF THEY ARE CONCENTRATED IN THIS THREAD. ANY ATTEMPT TO CROSS POST OR MULTI-POST WILL BE DELETED WITH USERS ACCOUNT. DO NOT COMPLAINT IF YOU HAVE POSTED SEVERAL SAME MESSAGES AND YOUR ACCOUNT IS THEN DELETED. RIZ, I HOPE YOU READ THIS MESSAGE!

Admin

PostPosted: 04 Aug 2008 05:53 am Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP of poster
Also AS RECEIVED
-------------------------

HOTELS:

We are holding confirmed hotel space in Hamah City which is about 30 km. from Salameia, Syria in 3* and 4* hotels.

AIR:

Flights will be booked on request on individual basis.

We anticipate a stay of about 8 nights in Syria during which we will reserve some days for Golden Jubilee celebrations and interaction with Syrian and international jamat. On the free days, we have organized cultural and historic day tours within Syria for those interested in participating.

Our package tour includes airfare, hotel with breakfast, transfers between airport/hotel and transportation for a maximum of three days between Hamah and Salameia. The day tours within Syria will be optional.

Call me for information and reservations. Feel free to forward this email to your friends and family.

Warmest regards,

Mila Velshi
Toll-free 1-888-666-8747 x 587
1920 Avenue Road, Toronto, ON. M5M 4A1
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website
Admin

PostPosted: 06 Aug 2008 08:45 am Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP of poster
AS RECEIVED - MOVED FROM OTHER THREADS
hosam175

Post by hosam175 »

ya ali madad
You are welcom in Syria
For any information about Salameia and jamat ismailis in Syria uou can visit our websit
http://read.all-forum.net/
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

hosam175 wrote:ya ali madad
You are welcom in Syria
For any information about Salameia and jamat ismailis in Syria uou can visit our websit
http://read.all-forum.net/
Ya Ali Madad,

Thank you for the information. Unfortunately everything is in Arabic at the site and most of us do not know Arabic. Please could you inform us here about what is written Arabic at the site and also provide us with updates of all the preparations and the mood of the Jamat there. Thank you and Mubarak to the Syria Jamat.