PARIS, FRANCE dates, events and testimonies

Dates, testimonies, articles, descriptions
fayazskarim

Bonne Fete !!!

Post by fayazskarim »

<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 10pt"><SPAN lang=FR style="mso-ansi-language: FR"><FONT face=Calibri>Au Jamat Francophone, félicitation pour le darbar en France, désormais je ne serais pas capable de participer aux célébrations avec mes amis francophones car je viens de faire un deedar à Toronto. Je vous souhaite une très bonne fête du jubilé d’or et un très bon darbar&nbsp;! <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p></FONT></SPAN></P>
AlyMadad

Re: When will be ?

Post by AlyMadad »

Nissony wrote:nagji i see a very good point in question, I also not be france person and arrive maybe same day as darbar, please someone tell us if this will be ok?.

Please AlyMadad, tell us why you are saying you are 100% sure darbar will be on the 11th when no1 else is. I ask 4 a good reason, I come from far and want to know when to book asap as everyone else im sure.

thank you for your replies :)

Ya Ali Madad

My Dear Nissony ,
The Darbar never happen the first and 2nd day of any Darbar if you look back to other Darbars that toke place, Because 9th and 10th will be preparation for settlement of seats, 11th will be the Darbar and 12th need to preparation of Salgirah Mubarak for 13th.
Thanks
rabilobilo

Re: When will be ?

Post by rabilobilo »

AlyMadad wrote:
Nissony wrote:nagji i see a very good point in question, I also not be france person and arrive maybe same day as darbar, please someone tell us if this will be ok?.

Please AlyMadad, tell us why you are saying you are 100% sure darbar will be on the 11th when no1 else is. I ask 4 a good reason, I come from far and want to know when to book asap as everyone else im sure.

thank you for your replies :)

Ya Ali Madad

My Dear Nissony ,
The Darbar never happen the first and 2nd day of any Darbar if you look back to other Darbars that toke place, Because 9th and 10th will be preparation for settlement of seats, 11th will be the Darbar and 12th need to preparation of Salgirah Mubarak for 13th.
Thanks

The hall is booked from 6 to 13 dec. Deedar can be 11, 10, 9 or 8 december.

Prepare you for the Deedar, pray and wait the official date.
Do not spend you time making theory.
Do not spend good time in Bad thing.

* * * * * GOLDEN JUBILEE DARBAR MUBARAK to You and your Familly * * * * *
newyorker

Post by newyorker »

Darbar will be on the 11th.
zullyh

PARIS ACCOMODATION

Post by zullyh »

<P>I went to London for Didar and booked my accomodation through VRBO.COM. This site rents out houses, condos, townhouses, etc. at very affordable rates (sometimes under $1,000 per week), you may have up to 6 guests per home,&nbsp;and is a 100% secure. The Metro in Paris is very good so it doesn't matter where you are in PAris, you are o&shy;nly 45 min. (maximum) from the Darbar Hall.&nbsp; Good Luck.</P>
alnoorv

how sure?

Post by alnoorv »

newyorker...how sure are you that the darbar is on 11th? becuz i have to let my school know what dates i will not be attending so i can make up my work... please let me know asap... thank you yam
rabilobilo

Post by rabilobilo »

* * * * * CONFIRMED * * * * *
------- Deedar 11th December 2008 -------

Nurudin

Darbar Date

Post by Nurudin »

What is your source of info for confirmation of the Darbar date to be 11th?
salmanali786

Post by salmanali786 »

Man I wish I would have been able to see the final Golden Jubliee Darbar. I will appreciate if people can post their experience as I m dying to hear. Thanks
DAANISHSOOMAR

what is the count of paris jamat?

Post by DAANISHSOOMAR »

does any o&shy;ne knows how many people are expected at paris darbar?
sphinx

Re: Darbar Date

Post by sphinx »

Nurudin wrote:What is your source of info for confirmation of the Darbar date to be 11th?
It is officially on the France website now.......
sphinx

Re: what is the count of paris jamat?

Post by sphinx »

DAANISHSOOMAR wrote:does any o&shy;ne knows how many people are expected at paris darbar?
They are planning for 20K.
mun

Post by mun »

Ya Ali Madad,<BR>Please, does anyone have a phone number for Paris Darbar registration.<BR>I am having&nbsp;difficulties registering o&shy;nline and have emailed the registration team and have not received a reply yet.&nbsp; Would like to complete my registration before the deadline.<BR><BR>Thanks....<BR><BR>
frenchregistrationteam

Registration for Paris Darbar

Post by frenchregistrationteam »

mun wrote:Ya Ali Madad,<BR>Please, does anyone have a phone number for Paris Darbar registration.<BR>I am having&nbsp;difficulties registering o&shy;nline and have emailed the registration team and have not received a reply yet.&nbsp; Would like to complete my registration before the deadline.<BR><BR>Thanks....<BR><BR>
Ya Ali Madad,

we will respond to you shortly. We are overwhelmed with emails but will definitely answer your questions.

If you are in Paris, you can call the Darbar hotline : 0810 57 2007

thanks and Darbar mubarak
the french registration team.
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

Updates from theismaili.org

Welcoming the world to France: Preparing for Mawlana Hazar Imam’s final Golden Jubilee visit

The announcement of Mawlana Hazar Imam’s Golden Jubilee visit to Paris filled Ismailis in France, Belgium, Switzerland, and Côte d’Ivoire with happiness. The excitement is palpable in every Jamatkhana and Ismaili household.

Preparing the young

Bait-ul Ilm students in France prepare for the Golden Jubilee visit by creating their own messages for Mawlana Hazar Imam. Photo: Courtesy of the Ismaili Council for France

For many in France and the French jurisdiction Jamat, the Golden Jubilee Darbar will be their first deedar. The visit planning team has placed special emphasis on planning educational activities for newly-arrived members of the Jamat and younger Ismailis.

Young members of the Jamat attending Bait-ul Ilm are commemorating the visit by writing messages of felicitations that will be displayed at the visit hall. Other activities and events are being organised for the youth to express their thoughts about the fifty years of Mawlana Hazar Imam’s Imamat and to share their excitement over the upcoming Darbar.

Preparing the Jamat

Local artists and cultural enthusiasts are rehearsing tirelessly in preparation for visit celebrations. Training is currently under way for the recitation of geets and devotional poetry as well as the performance of traditional dances, theatre, and expressions of shukrana.

Two major international Golden Jubilee initiatives will also be coming to Paris in the next few weeks.

A Mystical Journey will bring together nine world-class performances. Over 60 artists and musicians will lead the audience on a musical journey of the mind, body and soul. They will enlighten and entertain through performances of qawallis, ilahis, kalams and rock songs, as well as the unique dance of the whirling Sufis.

Rays of Light: Glimpses into the Ismaili Imamat is an exhibition that celebrates the tireless efforts of our beloved Mawlana Hazar Imam during the past 50 years. The exhibition seeks to provide its visitors with an exceptional experience that stimulates the intellect and stirs the soul.

Preparing for the world

Members of the Jamat rehearse devotional recitations to be performed during the Golden Jubilee visit. Photo: Courtesy of the Ismaili Council for France

The French Jamat is looking forward to welcoming Ismailis from around the world, as Mawlana Hazar Imam’s visit to France will be his final one of the Golden Jubilee.

Local volunteers are all undergoing training, aware that they will have a major role to play in the success of this auspicious occasion. New volunteer uniforms have been ordered for the visit, and special arrangements are being made to make sure that every murid from around the world feels welcome during their stay in Paris.

http://www.theismaili.org/cms/645/Welco ... ilee-visit
S_s_S

Deedar Time

Post by S_s_S »

Does anyone know if deedar will be in the morning or afternoon on the 11th.
AlyMadad

Re: Deedar time

Post by AlyMadad »

londoner wrote:AlyMadad

You say Deedar may happen around 3pm. Is this information from a fairly reliable source? Does anyone else have any information on the time? I'm hearing it may be in the morning, but am hoping it will be the afternoon.

Any info gratefully received.

Thanks
Dear Londiner,
There is no fairly reliable source except Our Beloved MHI, No one else even LIF can give you exact time without his permission.
So we will get exact time from His permession soon. That is my guess (afternoon).
rabilobilo

Deedar time

Post by rabilobilo »

-
-

Deedar Thursday afternoon.

Time not determined.
Information follow as soon as possible.

-
-
No_problem

France becomes the partner of the Aga Khan Foundation

Post by No_problem »

Bernard Kouchner and Prince Aga Khan signed on December 9 a partnership agreement between France and the Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN), which includes a dozen private development agencies.

http://www.diplomatie.gouv.fr/fr/action ... 69220.html
zeeshan30

REGISTRATION HELP

Post by zeeshan30 »

hi guys<BR>i am fortunate enough to be going to France tomorrow,<BR>however, o&shy;ne small problem.<BR>i registered 10 days ago, but i am now attempting to follow the link from my email to print/get my confirmation number to take with me. however, it is not allowing me to do so, saying the webpage is not there!<BR>how do i get this sorted?<BR>anyone else having this problem?<BR>is the website down?<BR>look forward to your responses<BR>thanks
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

Updates from theismaili.org

Monday, 8 December 2008

Mawlana Hazar Imam, Princess Zahra, Prince Hussain and others in the audience applaud the performance of A Mystical Journey in Paris. Photo: Gary Otte

Mawlana Hazar Imam commenced his Golden Jubilee visit to France by taking in A Mystical Journey: Musique Soufie et Autres Expressions the Dévotion en Islam at Théâtre Mogador in Paris. Hazar Imam was joined by Princess Zahra, Prince Hussain, leaders from the Government of France and members of French society, as well as senior Jamati leaders from France and abroad.

A Mystical Journey is a Golden Jubilee International Programme featuring artists from Algeria, Bosnia, Iran, Pakistan, Tajikistan and Syria performing music from various Sufi and other esoteric traditions of Islam. Though different in form, these acts of devotion are common in their peaceful search for the divine and represent the pluralistic traditions and mystical unity among different communities of interpretation within the Muslim world. The 8 December performance was its French premiere; a second show is scheduled for 12 December.

Also see the article A Mystical Journey is on its way to Paris.
Mawlana Hazar Imam is commemorating his Golden Jubilee in France at the invitation of the Government. During this period, Mawlana Hazar Imam will grant a final Golden Jubilee Darbar in Paris for the French jurisdiction Jamats. Hazar Imam will also consult with senior government and civic officials on potential areas of collaboration with the Ismaili Imamat and the Aga Khan Development Network.

Additional photos are available in the gallery. Further details on Mawlana Hazar Imam’s visit to France will continue to be posted at TheIsmaili.org.

http://www.theismaili.org/cms/639/France-visit
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

As received...

Yasmin and I decided to come to Paris at the last minute for the Final
GJ Darbar.
The mood here is very Festive and Everyone is in great spirits.
Meeting people from all over the world we haven't seen for a long
time, including of course, hoards of Candians.
The Paris Jamat while small (1500?) Has done an absolutely outstanding
job of Hosting the world Ismailies. They are genuinely happy to see
the International Jamat.
They have been feedig us lunch and Dinner since 9th.
The venue Parc Des Exposition-is Superb and can probably fit 4 times
as many people-near the airport and connected to the trains. We stayed
downtown, which was great.

Mubaraki!!
Hazar Imam just left with Noorani family after spending over 2.5
hours at the Hall.
Princes Amin, Rahim, Hussein, Princesses Zahara and Khalya!!
This was once in a lifetime Didar and Shukhar we made.
You and family were is our prayers and thoughts during the Didar.
HI and his Family arrived in 2 cars and came in to the hall after
spending 15 minutes in the lounge.
He was walking so fast to come to the Darbar Hall the family almost
had to run to keep up.
After about 15 minutes of walking on the runner they went on the stage.
He Joked that He was so happy to see the big posters on the roads as
he drove in welcoming him and congartulating him on the GJ. But "did
you know that behind the posters there is a Big Prison? And after that
there is Disneyland!!
I love to laugh with my Jamat.
Made Firman in French and a longer one in English.
Dua is starting so just wanted to get this out to you
salmanali786

Post by salmanali786 »

Thank you maherali... dying to hear more from you soon in detail .. thanks for the update.

kmaherali wrote:As received...

Yasmin and I decided to come to Paris at the last minute for the Final
GJ Darbar.
The mood here is very Festive and Everyone is in great spirits.
Meeting people from all over the world we haven't seen for a long
time, including of course, hoards of Candians.
The Paris Jamat while small (1500?) Has done an absolutely outstanding
job of Hosting the world Ismailies. They are genuinely happy to see
the International Jamat.
They have been feedig us lunch and Dinner since 9th.
The venue Parc Des Exposition-is Superb and can probably fit 4 times
as many people-near the airport and connected to the trains. We stayed
downtown, which was great.

Mubaraki!!
Hazar Imam just left with Noorani family after spending over 2.5
hours at the Hall.
Princes Amin, Rahim, Hussein, Princesses Zahara and Khalya!!
This was once in a lifetime Didar and Shukhar we made.
You and family were is our prayers and thoughts during the Didar.
HI and his Family arrived in 2 cars and came in to the hall after
spending 15 minutes in the lounge.
He was walking so fast to come to the Darbar Hall the family almost
had to run to keep up.
After about 15 minutes of walking on the runner they went on the stage.
He Joked that He was so happy to see the big posters on the roads as
he drove in welcoming him and congartulating him on the GJ. But "did
you know that behind the posters there is a Big Prison? And after that
there is Disneyland!!
I love to laugh with my Jamat.
Made Firman in French and a longer one in English.
Dua is starting so just wanted to get this out to you
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

France and AKDN in Agreement on Development

Please also see the official press release on the Ministry of Foreign Affairs website and Photographs.

Paris, France, 9 December 2008 - His Highness the Aga Khan and Foreign Minister Bernard Kouchner signed a partnership agreement for development at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. The agreement builds on a number of successful AKDN projects to which the French government, French institutions and French companies have contributed. Collaborations have included Roshan telecommunications and the French Medical Institute in Afghanistan and the Bujagali hydroelectric plant in Uganda.

The official press release mentions a common vision of development: the necessity of long-term engagement, the participation in development of local communities and the importance of integrating economic development with social development.

http://www.akdn.org/press_release.asp?ID=701
newyorker

Post by newyorker »

Prince Amyn, Prince Hussein, Prince Rahim, Princess Zahra, and Princess Khaliya all accompanied Hazir Imam to the darbar. They waited as the bottom of the stage as Hazir Imam took his seat then walked up the sets and took their seats. Imam gave his farman in French and then English. For first time gave a timetable to the global recession, 2-3 years. Joked about happy to see the signs on the highway saying welcome, but that there was a sign behind that saying prison, and behind that saying disney land. During the presenations of gifts to the Noorani family, you could see Imam on the screen trying to see the presents. He joked when returned to the stage jokingly saying he could not see the presents but would see them later when family left, to which the Jamat laughed. He focused on thanking the volunteers for their dedication during the jubilee period. Joked that the good thing about not being a jamati leader close to him is that you do not have to go through pressure and that the Imam is watching them under his eye, and that the work of the other volunteers work all he sees is how great their work is and not the mistakes. After Imam left he went to see the Rays of Light exhibition which is connected to the hall. People started getting rowdy and getting up before they should have so they put a live feed of the exhibition on the big screen. It was great to see the Imam with his family seeing old pictures of himself. One of them, he stopped for quite a bit of time at and was pointing them out to people next to him. There was a moment where the Jamat started laughing when the Imam and Noorani family sat down at the exhibition one one by on a couch at the exhibition. Wanted to give details of the exciting darbar to those that could not make it. Left out points made in farman since you will hear that anyways in Jamat Khana. Ya Ali Madad
Saima

Post by Saima »

Thank you kmaherali and newyorker for sharing the posts regarding the France Darbar. Impatiently waiting for more from those who had the privelege to attend the last Golden Jubilee Darbar :)
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

As received...

At 5 mins to 2pm the intezari programme started. Around 2 pm, the waezin who was in the middle of his waez was rudely interrupted - well his mike was switched off. Then Paris Darkhana's mukhi, mikhiani, kamadia and kamadiani [M/K/M/K] along with the president of the council [can't remember if the VP was there on stage] walked on stage. President announced in French at first that he had just now received a message from MHI to say that he was coming AVEC SON FAMILLIE! And those who understood French started clapping. He repeated the announcement in English and then the clapping grew louder. He then announced the names of the members who were to accompany MHI: Prince Amyn Mohammed, Prince Rahim, Princes Zahra, Prince Hussein and Princess
Khaliya. By now everyone was excited!

At 4:05 MHI arrived with Prince Amyn Mohammed followed by Prince Rahim and Princess Zahra in the second car and Prince Hussein and Princess Khaliya in the 3rd car.

They entered and met the LIF members and council members and M/K/M/K. All the Nurani family members were in their GJ outfits. MHI changed from his usual blue suit into his GJ outfit. [I wonder if he teased them because he didn't have to wear it a long as they did].

MHI walked into the hall, followed by M/K, followed by Prince Amyn Muhammed and Prince Rahim who were followed by Prince Hussein and Princess Khaliya who was followed by Princess Zahra and she was followed by M ma/K ma. The usual proceedings too place and then the President for the French Council made a speech in French and he wished MHI a happy Birthday at the beginning of the speech.

MHI started his Firman at 4:50 and he said that he would do part of his
Firman in French and part in English. He started in French.

FRENCH FIRMAN [my understanding of it].

He was very happy to be there. A durbar is a very important occasion for
him. He has his family with him as they work with him. He gave his
paternal and maternal blessings to the jamat and blessings to the Ruhani.
French Durbar was important as it is a European country, a pluralistic
country, an extra-ordinaire. French Durbar was important because the Imamat had started in Arabia, then moved to Magrib [Egypt], then to Africa [Tunisia], then to the east [Syria, Iran, Central Asia], Asia and then to France in Europe. AKDN had signed an agreement with France to work in other countries. [Countries in brackets are added by me].

ENGLISH FIRMAN
Leaders who have worked with MHI in the past are here today. He wanted the past leaders to know that their Imam remembers them.
OBJECTIVES OF THE PAST 50 YEARS
1. Strengthen the tariqah of Shia Ismaili Islam and to strengthen the
pluralism that existed in the jamat.
2. Strengthen the relationship between Shia Ismaili Islam and with other
tariqahs of Islam.
3. Countries where the jamat lives he wanted them to become countries of
opportunities.
During his Golden Jubilee travels he found that the Ismaili community is
highly respected so "MUBARAKI TO MURIDS".
To continue progress we must gain knowledge and share knowledge as this is important for decades ahead.

He was grateful to the murids who had offered TIME AND KNOWLEDGE NAZRANA.
He was also grateful to the murids who had offered material nazrana.

OBJECTIVES OF THE GOLDEN JUBILEE

1. Looking at institutions to see which ones need to be strengthened to
serve the jamat.

2. To eradicate poverty in the jamat. On 13th Dec he will review this with
his leaders.

3. To help the aged so that they can live a quality and honourable life. He
would review this with his leaders on 13th December.

To overcome the tough times, we must remember the Ethics of our Faith.
Physical life is limited and spiritual life is not limited. Keep a tasbih
with you and call on Allah, on Ali and on Imams. [Here he was talking too
fast for me to write everything]. Our ethics tell us to help the poor, come
together and benefit from each other, come together in honesty.
Particularly important in the next 2 to 3 years to live carefully and be
spend thrift.

Durbar is an occasion to have fun.
On the highway MHI saw a welcome sign and he said that behind the welcome sign was a prison and behind the prison was DISNEYLAND!
He said: "I like laughing with my jamat".
He gave us blessings: for long life, good health, happiness, unity in the
family, mushkil asaan. [Couldn't keep up with him at this stage].
He accepted Mehmani and fruit, niaz, suko mevo. French Jamat gave him a ceramic TILE. They also had gift for all the Nurani members.
He got up to say thank you and more blessings. He also said "I was trying
to see what gifts my family members were getting but I couldn't see. So as soon as they get out I will see what they've received". Here he was
laughing.

He gave Blessing to all the volunteers. [Given in English and not in French
- many French volunteers did not speak or understand English].
He said that those who work closest with the Imam have the greatest pressure because they are "under my eyes". He was laughing again.
He said as one jamat whatever is different you RESPECT and what is same you WELCOME. Jamat from all over the world.

He gave blessings again. He said remember, I may not be with you physically but you are in my heart, my thoughts and my prayers.
No desert, river, mountain or boundaries can separate the Imam from the
Jamat.

He finished his Firman here at 5:15 and walked down the steps. Walked
through the hall again.

He then went alone to talk to non Ismaili spouses and someone we know who was there said that he spoke in French all the time so she did not
understand a word. He was given a mike to speak to the spouses.
Then he went with the entire family to see RAY OF LIGHT EXHIBITION which is about his life. This exhibition will tour everywhere and if it comes to your countries do see it. We were told by the organisers that there will be material produced to accompany the exhibition. At the moment there is
nothing. MHI was in the exhibition for a while.

MHI left the durbar hall with Princess Zahra, followed by Prince Amyn
Mohammed and Prince Rahim, followed by Prince Hussein and Princess Khaliya.

DEEDAR MUBARAK TO EVERYONE AND SALGIRAH MUMBARAK TO EVERYONE.

MJ

***Forward***
-------------------
Shaffin and the family were in Paris and had a wonderful deedar.
I thought I'd share it with you.

Mubaraki to you and your family,
Zahra
To Zahra, Immediate & Related Families, and all Friends:

Just came back from Darbar and I couldn't wait to email my experience.
We had the best seats right at the entrance/exit front row red carpet.
As Hazar Imam walked in we were sitting to his left, I was the 4th person
from the entrance and to my left was Hanif, Nirshaz Bhabi, Karim and Malik.

To the left of Malik there was three more people and that was the corner
of the red carpet splitting in two direction, one was for Mowla to continue
walking straight to the end of the other side of the hall and the other
turning left to our backside. Our backside was a very small area for special needs there were medical beds right behind us and only five beds. Their feet were right at the red carpet that went along our back side and their heads were reclined upwards so that they can see Mowla Bapa if he walked through that way which I'll get to later. To the left of where we were sitting on the other side of the red carpet was for people that came with their own wheelchairs, we also got mom a spot on the front row red carpet, only 3 chairs away from where the carpet splits in two directions.

Mowla Bapa entered and walked straight threw he did not turn left in
the special needs area but to the other end, he walked alot as usual. He
was followed by Mukhi & Kamadia Sahebs, followed by Prince Amin-Mohamed on the left and Prince Rahim on the right side by side, followed by Prince Hussein and his wife Princess Khaliya side by side, followed by Princess Zahra by herself. Prince Hussein seems to have a bad leg because he was walking with a limp. I also noticed Prince Hussein every little while would turn slightly to see if his big sister is ok behind him, and I also noticed Princess Zahra a third way throught their walk elegantly removed her sari/scarf from over her head leaving top exposed so that you can see her hair with her usuall conservative hair wrapped up in a bun. When Hazar Imam reached his seat the rest of his family climbed the stairs with Hazar Imam's very suddle gesture inviting his family. Prince Amin-Mohammed sat to Hazar Imam's right and Prince Rahim to his right. On Hazar Imam's left I saw Princess Khaliya take the first chair then Prince Hussein then Princess Zahra to his left. Somehow within seconds or a minute when I wasn't payings attention I didn't see the exchange but I noticed Princess Khaliya and Princess Zahra had exchanged seats, so Princess Zahra was sitting closest to
Mowla Bapa then Prince Hussein in the middle and Princess Khaliya to
his left.

Hazar Imam started with French and for those of you who speak it would
have loved it. A lot of the jamati ceramonies and prayers are in French.
When it came to the English part he started by saying "I know most of the
jamat speaks English" with a big smile and the jamat very suddely and
quietly giggled. I won't get into his message I'm sure in good time we will
all hear it again in our respective jamatkhana's, however I would like to
share two of his jokes during his message.

The first joke he said when he was on his way to the Darbar hall on the
highway he noticed beautiful signs welcoming him and then he saw a sign
for the closest prison with an arow pointing in the direction of the
prison.

You can feel the jamat just wanting to burst out in laughter but were
composed enough to be conservative with a light laughter. He continued
and said after passing that sign he say another sign for Disneyland with
an arrow pointing in its direction. He said this with both his hands out
and a beautiful child like smile with slight laughter in his voice, like a
young excited child would be about going to Disneyland.

The second joke was when he got up the second time and said he could
not see the gifts his family was being presented with so as soon as they all
exit he's going to check out the gifts right away. After he finished
speaking the second time he started walking with his family following behind and this time he came from behind where we were sitting getting very close to the special needs bed. He actually paused at the first bed then walking very slowly pausing at each of the five beds and looking at each one in their beds and proceeded, we got the second chance to be on his right side this time as when he was done with the special needs he continued a few steps and turned right to exit. Being in the front row if we just leaned over a little we could touch his shoes. What we did to deserve these seats, I don't know, at this point my heart was filled with emense happiness. The icing on the cake was Princess Khaliya looked right at me smiled and said something, I think two words, obviously I don't know what she said but it was a great feeling. Karim and Nirshaz also got a look from Princess Zahra, Prince Hussein and Prince Rahim and I'm not sure which one gave them a nod and said something to them but its 1:30 in the morning and as I'm writing this I don't want to wake Karim just to ask him, he'll have to wait to tell you because I'm hogging his laptop.

After Mowla and his family left the hall I think about 20 minutes later they
show him on the big screen. He was walking to the stage to talk to the
non-ismailis. Although we could not hear what he was saying you could see him talking with hand gestures and smiles. After about seven minutes
while he was still talking the cameras went off, then five minutes later he
was back on camera, at this point he was no longer on stage but stopping
and talking to the crowd after about five minutes he was off the screen
again.

At this point everyone thought we were done, alot of movement and
mubaraki's, I think after about half hour he came back on screen and
everyone one just sat where they were, there as hardly any movement.

As soon as Mowla Bapa came back on screen we could see him look at
pictures on a maze of walls set up for him, he was probably walking through and looking at different displays for about half hour. There was one moment he looked like he was taken back by maybe a photogragh that brought back memories because he slightly leaned back with great laughter and both his hands out. There was also a moment when the whole family was in this circular room with a circular sofa with seven sides to it facing outward and all of a sudden Mowla Bapa sits down. It was amazing watching this because then Prince Hussein sat down about three to four spots way from Hazar Imam so their backs are almost facing each other, then Princess Khaliya took a spot next to Prince Hussein then Princess Zahra took a seat to the left of Mowla then we can see Prince Amin Mohammed with laughter seeing the family
sitting taking a seat in between Princess Khaliya and his brother our
Imam but at this time we were wondering where Prince Rahim was because there was enough seating for him to but he wasn't on camera. Within about a minute or so we see Hazar Imam get up again to continue looking at the pictures, within seconds Prince Rahim sits down where Mowla Bapa was sitting. Can you imaging watching the Noorani Family sitting casually on a circular couch facing outward not inward roaming the rooms looking at pictures. It was amazing wathcing the Noorani Family just being a family.

I don't know what I did to deserve this trip but I think my father, may
his soul rest in eternal peace, must have put in a good word for me up
there. Also, if it wasn't for my mom I wouldn't have come. My brothers told me I should go if I can and it got me thinking but not enough until mom said to me "thu himath kerr" that was the turning point for me, it was her prayers that brought us to the Darbar. It wasn't the children that took mom to the Darbar, in my opinion if it wasn't for mom we would'nt have gotten the opportunity, it was mom that took care of her children. Also I could not have come without Zahra's help booking me last minute tickets and Minaz helping with hotel bookings because of that we didn't have problems with the hotel that many people experience because of over bookings.

Mom was so happy this was a Darbar of a lifetime for her and all of
us. I prayed for all of you who are in ill health to get better also for
the rest of us who have the good fortune to have good health to be able
to maintain it.

Mowla Bapa's last words to the jamat at the last Golden Jubilee in Paris
was "there is no ocean or no dessert or no mountain that can keep the Imam from the jamat.

There is a strong rumour but just a rumour at this point that on his
birthday on Saturday Dec 13th, he may address his Paris jamat maybe
at Aiglemont court yard or else where and any of the jamats that have
stayed would be welcome too. If this rumour turns out to be true I can't
even begin to explain the amazing feeling that I've experienced.

Its 2:45am Paris time gatta get some sleep.
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

As received....

Subject: Paris Darbar - My thoughts and reflections

YAM. I just wanted to let you know that the Darbar in Paris went very well yesterday, and it was a wonderful way to end the Golden Jubilee. A white Darbar was predicted by the meteorological department, but unfortunately that didn&#146;t happen! I wanted to share with you bits of my experience, and as always, you were in my thoughts and prayers.

It's important for me to make clear before going further, that this is my interpretation of the key areas covered in the Farman, and my perception may well differ from the original Farman, which you read or listen to in due course.

Having studied French at high school and at university, it was an exciting experience for me to hear the Imam speak in French for the first time ever in a live setting, and even nicer that I understood everything as if it were all conducted in English.

Approximately two hours before Hazar Imam&#146;s arrival, the leadership announced that he would be accompanied by Prince Amin, Prince Rahim, Prince Hussein, Princess Zahra and Princess Khaliya. The news was obviously very well received by the Jamat, and it was a real treat to have them all present, especially for those Murids that had never seen any of the members of the Nurani family before. Five additional chairs were placed on the stage, and we all waited in anticipation.

Hazar Imam arrived in the first car accompanied by Prince Amin, followed by the second car with Prince Rahim and Princess Zahra, and the third car, with Prince Hussein and Princess Khaliya. As they arrived at the hall they all went in to the lounge where they spent a few minutes preparing themselves.

There were approximately 20,000 Murids present at the Darbar (statistics from the registration on the eve of the Darbar). On entering the hall, Hazar Imam and the Nurani family walked around the runners to cover a large proportion of the hall.

The speech from the President of the Council for France was delivered in French and incorporated the Jamat from France, Switzerland, Belgium and Ivory Coast. During the speech, the President mentioned the proximity of Hazar Imam&#146;s birthday and wished him Salgirah Mubarak on behalf of everyone. This was acknowledged by Hazar Imam by virtue of a big smile.

Hazar Imam began the Farman in French, and explained that he would do part of it in French and part of it in English, to enable everyone to understand. He started by giving lots of Dua to everyone present, to our Jamats and to the Ruhani members. Hazar Imam explained how happy he was to have his family present with him, because in today's day and age, it is difficult for families to have time together, and having family around acts as a great support mechanism and allows for the possibility to bounce ideas of each other. He also expressed his appreciation to the French government for being so good to him in the great number of years that he has lived in the country.

It was truly wonderful to hear a Farman begin with "Mes chers enfants spirituels"!!!!

Hazar Imam then switched to English, as he stated that most of the Jamat speak English. He talked about his three aims during the Jubilee year (eliminating poverty, creating happy environments for the aged population and strengthening institutional capacity). He also touched upon making as many countries as possible where the Jamat lives countries of opportunity, the fact that we are operating in a knowledge society where it is important to share time and knowledge, in particular in the current situation, where we are facing a recession, and that coming together can work to our advantage by enhancing efficiency. He remarked about how the Jamat is highly individualistic, and when coming together, before even entering any kind of relationship, the first question asked is &#145;how do I get out of here&#146; which is not the way to go! In light of the recession, Hazar Iman advised us not to be spendthrift. He talked about the importance of relationship building with our other Muslim brothers and sisters, as well as living by the ethics of Islam in practicing generosity, honesty, loyalty, integrity and incorporating faith in to our daily lives, as opposed to being overridden by materialism and turning to faith on a one off basis.

Hazar Imam congratulated us by using the expression 'Mubarak', as he stated that it is very evident that the Jamat is highly regarded in each and every country that he has visited throughout the Jubilee year.

He thanked the volunteers for the magnificent and tireless work that they have undertaken throughout the Jubilee year, and for the contribution of time, knowledge and material Nazrana, which he prayed would be multiplied for each one of us 1000 times.

Hazar Imam went on to say that a Darbar is an occasion of happiness, and that he would like all of us to be happy, as happiness is a blessing from Allah, which we should all be grateful to Allah for. This is where he started his string of jokes which lead the Jamat to burst out in laughter. He said that on the way to the hall, he was overwhelmed by the welcome signs along the highway, but behind those signs were signs pointing to the prison! But there were also signs pointing to Disneyland he said!

Upon presentation of the gifts to Hazar Iman and the Nurani family, Hazar Imam expressed his appreciation for the gifts, and as a joke said that he was trying to have a look at what his family received, but he could not see! He added that he would go and have a look once they left!

Hazar Imam assured us that although he was leaving us physically, we are always in his heart, thoughts and prayers. He used the terminology 'no ocean, desert or mountain can separate him from his Jamat'.

Before leaving the hall, Hazar Iman and the Nurani family covered the rest of the runners and then returned to the lounge. Hazar Iman went on to address the non Ismali spouses on his own. He first talked to them as one large group from a stage using a microphone, and in addition, then talked to them in small clusters (like we have seen in other Darbars). Hazar Imam joined the rest of the Nurani family to view the 'Rays of Light' exhibition which has been set up on site and is also open for the Jamat to view over the next few days. They spent a considerable amount of time at the exhibition before leaving the venue.

All in all, Hazar Imam appeared very happy, and we were indeed fortunate to see the Nurani family all present together in a Darbar, as I believe the last time this happened was during the Silver Jubilee.

I truly enjoyed the experience of a Darbar in French, from the Farman, to the translation of the Quranic Ayat, all the announcements and signage! I hope you have enjoyed reading the above, and that is has enabled you in some way to get a picture of the events that took place yesterday evening.

Lots of love and best wishes,
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

As received...

Dearest Everyone,

Ya Ali Madad and Darbar Mumbarakis!

Below is an update from one of my very very good friends - just like my
brother who's in Paris France right now and he just called me to give
me an update from what was absolutely Magnificent Darbar from France.

Khudhavind granted the Ivory Coast, Belgium, Switzerland, France and
International Jamats - Including Germany, UK,
Canada...Canada...Canada...Canada and many many more countries today

Thursday December 11, 2008 in Paris France.

One hour before the Darbar - the Jamat was informed that the Noorani
Family
would be present (Prince Amin Mohamed, Prince Rahim, Prince Hussein,
Princess Khaliya and Princess Zahra).

Khudhavind entered the Darbar Hall with with Mukhi Saheb and Kamadia
Saheb
behind him followed by Prince Aminmohamed and Prince Rahim (side by
side)
followed by Prince Hussein and Princess Khaliya (side by side) followed
by Princess Zahra followed by Mukhianima and Kamadianima.

The religious ceremonies took place with the recitation of the Quranic
Ayat (Guy) and the meaning (2 Girls - both French) in French in
English, Kasida by 4 girls, Ginan - Sahebji - 2 men and 2 women.

Abesafa and Memanies from all the 4 different countries were done.

Hazar Imam began his firman by thanking the French Government for the
visit and for allowing the Imamat Institution to be based in France.
Hazar Imam said he was so so impressed with all the Darbars in all the
countries and how each Country has the highest esteem and how well
regarded were the Ismaili were. Hazar Imam acknowledged the Volunteers.
Hazar Imam said the volunteers that work for him directly know that
it's not easy but he said all the other volunteers that do Seva - Hazar
Imam can only see great work all the volunteers perform.

Hazar Imam said he was impressed with all the Golden Jubilee signs but
commented to that behind the Golden Jubilee signs were signs for all the
local prisons and than behind the local prison signs were signs for
Disney Land.

Mowla ended the firman by indicating that he loves his spiritual
children so much and that no mountain, no water and no boundaries can
separate the Imam from his spiritual Children.

The President of France Jamat made the speech and wished Mowla Happy
Birthday.

The Noorani Family present were all given gifts.

Hazar Imam departed the Darbar and spent about 20 Minutes between
Leadership and Non Ismaili Spouses and than spent another half hour
with Noorani Family at the Exposition of Lights that was set up which
commemorated Mowlana Hazar Imams 50 years of Imamat.

Right after deedar there was Sherbet and Pera and right after Jamatkhana
ceremonies was Dinner (Beef Bhiriyani, Athano and Ladva).

I believe the Sufro went for approximately X Euros.

This was an absolutely one of the most amazing Darbars set up where you
literally had to wait no more than 2 minutes for food, coat or shuttle
buses.

Everyone was on cloud nine with the Grand Final of Mowlana Hazar Imams
Final Golden Jubilee Darbar.

Mumbaraki Mumbaraki Mumbaraki

Khushali Mumbarak to all my brothers and sisters globally!!

Mumbaraki Mumbaraki!
SUMIPATI

Post by SUMIPATI »

It's look like great exprience but i can imagine the deedar with the great discription you put here i am glad i read your post made me feel like i was in deedar :lol: [/b]