UK Didar dates, events and testimonies

Dates, testimonies, articles, descriptions
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

Those of you in London, please could you write and share your excitement and anticipation of the moment. The Giriyazari tasbis, geets, raas and the preparations etc etc. I myself although will not be attending the Darbar feel excited about it...
hedgehog78

In reply to FARAH2U

Post by hedgehog78 »

Farah, the UK jamat website cannot be updated anymore.
You must go to your local JK and speak to the Mukhi to add your son, OR to WEST LONDON JK from 25th JUNE 2008 with all the proof, and they will assist you - do not panic.

Best of luck.

for Internationl Registration.

www.goldenjubilieeuk.org
hedgehog78

Exceitement - what excitemen - we r so boring here in the UK

Post by hedgehog78 »

In my local JK jus outside London, no flowers, no signage to state "Padramni Mubarak", no oud, no incense, we are just the same old boring farts as we were a week ago.

In India the fun was amazing, raas, garba, food, flowers, lights and signage.

I mean, is ITREB and Council just so out of touch with reality, I mean, we used to have un in the UK, years ago, even the Intezar pre-amble speaches are ALL IN ENGLISH, what about older generations, no concern for them at all.

Attendance yesterday at my local JK was low.
We still await for those in their IVORY towers to tell us what is going on, while thousands from all over the world think we are singing, dancing an having fun - if only they knew how BORING VERY VERY BORING WE ARE HERE.
So if Zauhar Mehghi and his cronies are reading this, THEN GET REAL, give the jama some freedom to express themselves in your own JK, relax the rules somewhat, we are SO STIFFLED HERE.
canam

Re: Exceitement - what excitemen - we r so boring here in th

Post by canam »

Hedghog you are absolutely right. Why is it forbidden by the leaders to express our love for our Imam. Please read the forum on CELEBRATING THE IMAM forum. Lets all show our Mowla how we feel and how fortunate we are to have him. It is his GJ and only comes once. You can bet it will make our Mowla very happy to see his murids celebrating and happy!!
Important_Information

Post by Important_Information »

Ya Ali Madad
The ExCel Hall will be ready and open for Jamat on 2nd July (on the Chandraat day) and all the jamati ceremony will perform there. Dinner will be served there every day.

On the day of announcement shrbeet and cake was severed in all the UK JKs and some of the JKs (Not in Darkhana) were having Dandia on 13th July.
Every where you see the smiling face and you can hear the crowed of Mubaraki words all over in JKs. the happiness is unique.
Darbar Day is 5th or 6th July the Jamat is still waiting for confirmation.

Website for registration is http://www.goldenjubileeuk.org
The UK Goldenjubilee hotline phone number is: 020 8814 6144 (+4420 8814 6144)

Kind regards

Kasim Ali
sn72

Re: Exceitement - what excitemen - we r so boring here in th

Post by sn72 »

<P>The o&shy;nly reason I can think of UK leadership avoiding celebrations from right now is that Mowlana Hazar Imam has time and again in each o&shy;ne of His darbars has emphisized o&shy;n world economy slowing down and to spend prudently and wisely. Even in USA the imamat day (july 11Th )celebrations are going to be conducted in a very simple manner with o&shy;nly cake and sherbet, no dinner as the leadership wants to keep MHI's farameen in mind. We here in USA did not have any signs or lights either but had giryazaree tasbih every day and that really increased the hazree of the jamat and prepared and uplifted each murid in their own way. Don't worry I'm sure UK leadership also must have something good in store for you guys and maybe are waiting for the last weekor right time to do&nbsp;before darbar for all the good celebrations. We'll pray that Mowla shower his immense blessings o&shy;n all of us o&shy;ne more time as He's done in each and every Darbar. Aameen.</P>
sassy

Post by sassy »

(SN72)...thank you <BR>first of all MUBARAKI TO ALL UK JAMAT,<BR>pls keep in mind HI latest Farmans o&shy;n economy , prudent and wise spending<BR>those of you who have the good fortune to go all the place HI visits, lucky you,<BR>but pls remember the less fortunate members of our jamat who cannot even attend o&shy;ne outside darbar as they can not afford.... &nbsp;pls think and pray for them&nbsp; during the deedar in UK.
nuk

Post by nuk »

<P>Ya Ali Madad, to anyone who can assist,<BR>I am a UK citizen and my wife a resident, we have both been travelling around the world and have therefore not been registered in the UK.&nbsp; We are coming for Deedar and will be in London by the 2nd July. How do we register as local registration seems closed. Pls assist.</P>
Important_Information

Dear hedgehog78

It is my request to you that please do not spread incorrect information to the UK and world Jamat.
The information you post about registration is incorrect and it will lead the jamat to wrong path.

Dear jamati members:

For any information about Golden Jubilee Padramni, registration, entry card collection and distributions; please visit the authorised UK GJ website: http://www.goldenjubileeuk.org so the Jamat can have proper information and avoid misleading by wrong guidance.

Kind regards
Kasim Ali
hedgehog78

FAO KASIM ALI

Post by hedgehog78 »

Kasim Ali, there are 2 points here, and beofre "blasting me" in red font, perhaps you should have read my post.

Point 1. UK Registration website is closed for updates. Therefore, any new members, must o to their respective JK, speak with Mukhi, or go to West London JK from 25th June, where the Central Registration team will be able to assist these members. This is fact, as I am on the card distribution board.

Point 2. What was read in JK yesterday, DOES NOT APPEAR on the offical Jubilee website, the website editors, as yet has NOT updated the site.
Also, you will have received a letter this morning for UK members, on when they can collect their entry cards. The dates on the letters are WRONG. You can collect from Tuesday/Wednesday of this week until D-7, IE 7 days prior to Darbar from local JK, and then at Excel.

Point 3. Celebrations.
Yes on Friday there was cake, sherbet, raas, and happy faces.
No oud, no incense, no signage, Saturday, there was no reference in JK that further info will be read out on Sunday, or that this is the second day of intezaro tabih.

Kasim, I have the immense respect for you, I read your column with eagerness, so please "NO RED" remarks, lets be civil. I am posting the correct info, and what is being read out, what is in this mornings letters, and what is on the website do not match.
Important_Information

Hi hedgehog78,
May I ask your name please.

If you don’t want to post it here please email me: ihere@hotmail.co.uk I would like to solve the conflict between us and benefit the Jamat.

Regards
Kasim Ali
hedgehog78

FAO Kasim Ali

Post by hedgehog78 »

Dear Kasim Ali, I would rather stay anonymous, however, I do not have a conflict ith you or anyone else.

The informaion I have supplied comes from meetings that I actually attend, at Centre JK, and emails I send an receive from my respective team members, with whom I speak on a daily basis on several issues for Darbar.

As can be read from my earlier posts, I did stress to the Internaional Jamat, no to worry about registration, as this can easily be handled at Excel from 2nd July to Darbar day.

For UK mmbers, a letter should hav been received, go to JK on Tuesday?Wednesday, with the letter - proof of ID, and collect your entry pack.

With regards to the official website, I have disclosed the entire extract of the site below in regards to the programme.

They have not mentioned that Chandraat will take place on Wednesday 2nd July, and that only Dakhana JK will be closed, all non-permament JK will be closed.

Also on Wednesday 2nd July, there is a seniors programme, read out yesterday, bit not on the site.

"A variety of celebratory programmes including dandia raas, dinner, exhibitions, Expressions shows, ITREB presentations, mehndhi and more, have been planned at ExCeL from 2nd July.

Jamatkhana ceremonies will also be held at ExCeL.

Further details will be conveyed to members of the Jamat shortly."

If I have offended you, I am sorry, but am just reporting was is read out in JK, and chairing meetings in relation to the Darbar.

I respect you, and wish no issue or conflict, again.
Keep up the good work,
Best Wishes
UK Jamat.
AlyMadad

Re: FAO KASIM ALI

Post by AlyMadad »

hedgehog78 wrote:Kasim Ali, there are 2 points here,

Kasim, I have the immense respect for you, I read your column with eagerness, so please "NO RED" remarks, lets be civil. I am posting the correct info, and what is being read out, what is in this mornings letters, and what is on the website do not match.
Dear KASIM and Hedgehog 78!
We thankful for booth of you and We don't have any problems with booth of you guys and i have tell you that with this wonderful info that I got from this forum and (you guys) Last saturday I registered me and my family ( I'am from Canada) and I got and printed my registration letter right away.
Many thanks and Mubaraki to All of you Guys! and See you all IN Excel Centre Inshah Allah.
Qadir

Post by Qadir »

Dear All
Golden Jubilee Mubarak
It is very important that Jamat must get correct information.

A few things that need to be clarified to all INTERNATIONAL jamat:
1. The official Golden Jubilee website: www.goldenjubileeuk.org is the ONE and ONLY reliable place to obtain information relating to UK Darbar.

INTERNATIONAL registration will NOT start from 25th June in WEST LONDON JK.

Here is what the website states:

“International”
Members of the International Jamat are requested to register online. You will need to bring your printed confirmation form to collect your entry cards. Cards may be collected at the Registration Desk from 28th June.

Locations & Opening Times

Registration desks will be open from 28th June - 1st July at West London Jamatkhana from 6.00pm - 10.30pm.

From 2nd July Registration desks will be open at ExCeL from 2.00pm - 10.00pm.”

2. There is no “CARD DISTRIBUTION BOARD” in UK, the webiste states the Central Registration Team as the team that supports this part of the Darbar planning.

3. It is very important we don’t provide inaccurate information to our fellow brothers and sisters who are coming from so far for Didar. They must enjoy a pleasant and enjoyable stay in London, without having to rush unnecessarily.

To all my Ismaili brothers and Sisters, Mubarak.

I hope we have unforgettable times in UK, full of joy and happiness.
No_problem

Post by No_problem »

[color=green][b]Ya Ali Madad,

Can everyone please stop posting wrong information which mislead the Jamat?

The UK Jamat celebrated with happiness the news of the Darbar and cake and Sherbat were served in all JKs. Many JKs had Dandia Raas on Friday or the weekend.

I’m really very surprised with those who want the Councils to informal the Jamat of Darbars before the official confirmations from LIF! As you all know a Darbar can’t be arranged in 3 or 4 weeks and so the institutions work hard for months to prepare for the Darbars. As such many individuals know the provisional dates as they are part of the teams and thus the provisional dates can be leaked but this doesn’t mean that Council or anyone else can confirm a date before MHI confirms it. Therefore please be patient and don’t criticise the institutions for no reason.

Admin, can you remove the posts which target certain individuals and Jamati leaders such as the one above posted on 15th June?

Mubarak to all on the forthcoming Darbar.

Thank you[/b][/color]
Jani

Post by Jani »

Is it just me or do the rest of you also sense a lack of real excitement amongst the UK jamat? Maybe it has something to do with the feeble Intezaari programme that we have initiated. Right from Module 1 , it has been completely non-motivational and should have been ditched in favour of what the other Jamats have done. A case of egos out of control I am afraid!
hedgehog78

NON MOTIVATIONAL INTEZAAR MODULES

Post by hedgehog78 »

Hi Jani,
you are so right, never has the jamat that I attend been so bored. Yesterday's attendace was low, but alos, the actual module are boring,

The lders of the jamat are complaining that NOTHING to date has been translated to Gujarati, and many are resided to the fact that its the younger generation in charge - and they DO NOT COUNT.

Very very sad, in Mumbai, I was there for Darbar, WOW, what joy, happiness, Ginans, Music parties, mehdni, raas, garbar, dandia, food, flowers in JK, above the paat "Padramni Mubarak".

Itreb and Tariqah board, boring boring boring boring, no concept of the real world, and far too much academic research, and very little knowledge of the traditions of the Indian Subcontinent, as this is were we all do originate from some generations back.

We can only hope they get it right at excel.

I have heard £10 each way for the coach - rumour only, and £10 for the seniors function.

UK Jamat.
No_problem

Post by No_problem »

hedgehog78, can you tell us who made you representative of the UK Jamat? I'm sure the most majority of the Jamat don't share your negative and irresponsible viewa?

Also who said that all the UK Jamat originate from Indian Subcontinent? There are hundreds of Jamats in UK from other traditions and it is very important for us to respect and appreciate this diversity which Mawlana Hazar Imam emphasised many times and He also stressed on the importance of English language. In a diverse Jamat like UK, English is crucial to ensure big section of the Jamat is not excluded.

You've claimed before that you are on a Board that doesn't exist! and you've attacked the President of the Council by name, and you've provide negative and wrong information so please try to respect others.

It is Darbar time and this is a great opportunity for all of us to be happy and forgive each other and work together with unity.

Thank you.
bantu

An Important Note to the UK Leadership

Post by bantu »

With regard to the forthcoming visit to the U.K may I recommend the following to the UK leadership

(1) A publication of a comprehensive booklet about the significance of the Didar. This booklet to to include guide to the Quranic verses, Ginans and Qasidas (and translations) which will be recited in the presence of Mawlana Hazar Imam. The book can be carried to the Didar Hall and used as a ready reference. Explanations of various Prayers and Tasbihs (significance of Salwat) may also be a prt of this booklet along with other inspirational material.

(2) A separate Mulaqat of Mawlana Hazar Imam with the youth/students of the Jamat. I think this aspect has been overlooked during the Golden Jubilee. If I recall, the Silver Jubilee visits did accomodate Mulaqats with student/volunteers in many parts of the world. I feel that the amount of time alloted to the institutional dinner should be reduced to accomodate a Mullaqat with the students if time is a factor.

(3) A real effort on the part of ITREB to "spiritually awaken" us. Yes Jani and Hedgehog have valid points here. The spiritual fervour, the emotions are missing and they are not the only Murids feeling this.

Thank you and Ya Ali Madad
pups786

Tours of the Ismaili Jamat Khane and Center- London

Post by pups786 »

I will be touring London for the first time during the Golden Jubilee week. I was wondering if the Jamat khane will be available for tours during this week. Is there a contact number that I can call for this.
Important_Information

Re: Tours of the Ismaili Jamat Khane and Center- London

pups786 wrote:I will be touring London for the first time during the Golden Jubilee week. I was wondering if the Jamat khane will be available for tours during this week. Is there a contact number that I can call for this.
Hi pups786,
YAM
The phone number you need is: 0207 581 2071 (+44 207 581 2071)
Welcome for Golden Jubilee Padramni
Kasim Ali
awaitingmurid

Post by awaitingmurid »

rumours have it that the date was announced in london for the 5th? is this true? is it possible it will be on the 7th?
sn72

Re: nearby hotels

Post by sn72 »

<P>YAM Kasim Bhai,<BR><BR>Do you happen to know to the exact date of London darbar as I'm trying to book a hotel in Paris for a tour after darbar. Your help in this matter is greatly appreciated.<BR><BR>regards<BR>Sn72.</P>
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

pkabir wrote:Kmaherally...Why would an Ismaili not attend the Darbar....unless you are not an ismaili.....in that case you must annouce that you are not an ismaili. You must not be in this forum or any forum bearing the name Ismaili.<BR>Your statement looks. Ungentle manly. I beg your pardon</SPAN>
I do not reside in the UK and MHI will be coming to Canada insha allah. MHI goes everywhere, it does not mean that all the murids should travel wherever he goes. That would lead to chaos and unnecessary inconvenience.
Important_Information

The Darbar Day is 5th July and the time is afternoon.

I am totally agreed with kmaherali that if MHI is coming to your country or you already had attended GJ Darbar in your or other country then it is not necessary for those murids to travel to other country and lead to chaos and unnecessary inconvenience.

Kasim
Qadir

Post by Qadir »

zaiyyn wrote:Hi well done Kasim.
Mawla bapa text me last night, to say all this.
Zain
Many thanks Kasim bhai for giving us correct information and didnt giveup because of those criticise words.

Kasim bhai was correct from the day one (27th May) about the Darbar Date, and many of us was making fun of him by criticising in very negative way.

Today in UK Jamat Khana; was confirmed announcement that the Darbar day is 5th July.
Qadir
S_ALI

Darbar Timings

Post by S_ALI »

YAM
Has the timings for the darbar been notified? Does anybody have any idea what time will be in the afternoon like somewhere around 2 pm or 5 pm?

my flight is arriving at noon on july 5 and i want to make sure that I dont miss out the darbar.

I will really appreciate if anyone from UK Jamat can provide me this information
Important_Information

Re: Darbar Timings

S_ALI wrote:YAM
Has the timings for the darbar been notified? Does anybody have any idea what time will be in the afternoon like somewhere around 2 pm or 5 pm?
my flight is arriving at noon on july 5 and i want to make sure that I dont miss out the darbar.
I will really appreciate if anyone from UK Jamat can provide me this information
Hi S_ALI
Yes you can make it. But only if your flight is not delayed and you go directly from airport to the ExCel hall. (Padramni of MHI at Darbar Hall is not before 2pm.)
Just to let you know that the driving time is about one hour from Heathrow to ExCel and there is no GJ information or GJ welcome desk at the airport.
For further information please visit GJ Website http://www.goldenjubileeuk.org
or ring the UK Goldenjubilee hotline phone number: 020 8814 6144 (+4420 8814 6144)
Kasim
Shelina_D

Post by Shelina_D »

rebel_khojo wrote:Also if anyone is coming from abroad, and they need a local sim card for their mobiles once again drop me a line. finally lets all hope the GJ year finishes in great style as it has been so far this GJ year.
Ya Ali Madad -

Need a sim card.

Arriving July 2nd.

Any advice ?

Thanks
joy989

Sim Card

Post by joy989 »

<FONT size=2>Ya Ali Madad <SPAN class=genmed><B>rebel_khojo <BR></B></SPAN><BR>Need a sim card. <BR><BR>Arriving July 4th and my email: joy989@yahoo.com. <BR><BR>Any advice ? <BR><BR>Thanks</FONT>