BANGLADESH Didar dates, events and testimonies

Dates, testimonies, articles, descriptions
Admin

Post by Admin »

Exclusif Heritage Photos of H.H. The Aga Khan at the Pan Pacific Hotel in Dhaka, Bangladesh.

http://www.ismaili.net/timeline/2008/dh ... dhaka.html

More documents here!

http://www.ismaili.net/timeline/2008/dh ... anews.html
Admin

Post by Admin »

http://www.tradingmarkets.com/.site/new ... s/1613676/

President, Aga Khan hope for enhanced cooperation between Bangladesh-World Ismaili Community
Monday, May 26, 2008; Posted: 06:03 AM

Dhaka, May 21, 2008 (Asia Pulse Data Source via COMTEX) -- -- President Professor Dr Iajuddin Ahmed and visiting Imam of the Shia Ismaili Muslim Community Prince Karim Aga Khan Wednesday hoped that the relation between Bangladesh and Ismaili community would be cemented further.

Foreign Affairs Adviser Dr Iftekhar Ahmed Chowdhury said this to reporters after emerging out of a call-on meeting between the President and the Head of the Ismaili community at Bangabhaban.

During the meeting, the President welcomed Prince Karim Aga Khan and thanked him for his contributions in social, economical, religious and cultural development of the world Muslims as well as the people of Bangladesh.

President Iajuddin recognized the contribution of Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN) and Aga Khan Foundation (AKF) to Bangladesh's development especially in the fields of education, healthcare, micro finance, civil society development and poverty alleviation and hoped that the support would continue.

He thanked Aga Khan for the contribution of the Ismaili community to Bangladesh's economic development, their services to the nation and establishment of Aga Khan Academy (AKA) for education and cultural development.

The President sought cooperation from the head of the Ismaili community in funding research work and stipends for the Dhaka University students to promote quality education.

He suggested that the Ismaili community should take the excellent investment opportunities that Bangladesh offer to potential investors especially in the fields of information and communication technology and agro-processing industries.

Prince Karim Aga Khan informed the President that he had fruitful discussions with the Bangladesh authorities in strengthening relation between Bangladesh and his community.

Imam of the Shia Ismaili community assured the President of enhancing support to Bangladesh in achieving its development goals in different fields.

He also assured the President that Aga Khan Academy would undertake various training programmes to develop human resources including in the nursing sector.

Prince Karim informed the President of reviving the Aga Khan Gold Cup, once the most popular football tournament in the country.

Director of Diplomatic Affairs Shafik Sachedina, President of Aga Khan Council for Bangladesh Habib Hirji and Director of Aga Khan Academies Salim Bhatia were present.

The Foreign Adviser, Minister-in-Waiting Raja Debashish Roy, Military Secretary to the President Major General Mohd Aminul Karim, Secretary of the President's Office Md Sirajul Islam and Press Secretary to the President Abdul Awal Howlader were also present.
xaf

Jampudeep mein Mowla ka jadoo chhagaya

Post by xaf »

It was pure magic! Hats off to our Indian Brothers and Sisters for the awesome Golden Jubilee Celebrations in India held from May 12th to 18th.
10000 people lined up the streets outside Hyderabad airport and 15000 people outside Mumbai Sahar airport to welcome our Beloved Mowla. The Indian jamat showed full generosity and big hearts during the entire jubilee week. The celebrations in jamatkhana were festive and I was very much impressed with the spectacular fireworks displays on the day of Mowla's arrival in Mumbai.
The registration process was smooth and courteous. I was amazed to learn that entire trains had been chartered to transport jamat from various towns and villages to Mumbai. These trains were dubbed Jubilee Expresses. Hundreds of coaches had also been arranged to bring the jamat from the train station to the darbar complex. This excellent organisation amidst such a huge jamat is awesome and humbling to witness. The darbars themselves were grandiose.
It was another humbling experience to see so many murids in the darbar hall, waiting patiently and calmly for the entire day, squeezed tightly together without complaint and with smiles on their faces. Even the snack packs were so generous and all volunteers were friendly, generous and helpful. It was no wonder then that throughout the darbar, from entry to exit, our Beloved Mowla was very very very happy. He was twinkling away, even cracking jokes with the Mukhisaheb on the stage. My soul cried with joy to see my Mowla so very happy. This was indeed a darbar to be witnessed and to all those who kept away, scared of being uncomfortable in such huge crowds and hot weather - what a loss!
Even after Mowla's exit from the darbar, loud announcements were made on the megaphone imploring the jamat that this was Golden Jubilee Day and no one should leave without eating. Dinner for such a huge crowd was served within 15 minutes after Mowla's departure. Truly Jubilee in the Jampudeep was a memorable, outstanding, exhilerating and grand ocassion.
Hats off, India jamat!!!

As for Bangladesh, it was a beautiful celebration as well, small, intimate and very fulfilling. The best thing I liked about Dhaka were the arches set up on the roads with proclamations of "Long live His Highness Prince Karim Aga Khan". Also the entire road from the airport to Mowla's hotel to the darbar shamiana was dotted with the My Flags and with huge, congratulatory billboards. The arches mentioned above were even acknowleged by our Beloved Mowla in his Farman. The fact that the arches were worded, Long live His Highness Prince Karim Aga Khan, shows how much love and respect the Bangladeshi people have for our Imam. Congratulations and well done, Bangladesh!
Admin

Post by Admin »

Golden Jubilee Bangladesh Stamps and First Day Cover

ImageImage

ImageImage
Last edited by Admin on Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Khaliya

Re: Jampudeep mein Mowla ka jadoo chhagaya

Post by Khaliya »

xaf wrote:<BR>As for Bangladesh, it was a beautiful celebration as well, small, intimate and very fulfilling. The best thing I liked about Dhaka were the arches set up o&shy;n the roads with proclamations of "Long live His Highness Prince Karim Aga Khan". Also the entire road from the airport to Mowla's hotel to the darbar shamiana was dotted with the My Flags and with huge, congratulatory billboards. The arches mentioned above were even acknowleged by our Beloved Mowla in his Farman. The fact that the arches were worded, Long live His Highness Prince Karim Aga Khan, shows how much love and respect the Bangladeshi people have for our Imam. Congratulations and well done, Bangladesh!

Ya Ali Madad xaf, thanks for your wonderful accounts of the two darbars. Mubaraki! If you or anyone else has pictures of of the archs, roads or billboards, please let me know. I would love to see them! Awaiting your response,

Khaliya
xaf

Re: Jampudeep mein Mowla ka jadoo chhagaya

Post by xaf »

Khaliya wrote:
xaf wrote:<BR>As for Bangladesh, it was a beautiful celebration as well, small, intimate and very fulfilling. The best thing I liked about Dhaka were the arches set up o&shy;n the roads with proclamations of "Long live His Highness Prince Karim Aga Khan". Also the entire road from the airport to Mowla's hotel to the darbar shamiana was dotted with the My Flags and with huge, congratulatory billboards. The arches mentioned above were even acknowleged by our Beloved Mowla in his Farman. The fact that the arches were worded, Long live His Highness Prince Karim Aga Khan, shows how much love and respect the Bangladeshi people have for our Imam. Congratulations and well done, Bangladesh!

Ya Ali Madad xaf, thanks for your wonderful accounts of the two darbars. Mubaraki! If you or anyone else has pictures of of the archs, roads or billboards, please let me know. I would love to see them! Awaiting your response,

Khaliya
I'm sorry but unfortunately I did not manage to get pictures. But if anybody did I would like a copy too.
Admin

Post by Admin »

Posted AS RECEIVED - MOVED BY ADMIN FROM OTHER SECTION.

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 12:06 pm Post subject: Gist of Dhaka Farman:

The gist of the farman is as follows:

1. - Mowla asked the Jamat that was from outside Bangladesh to take His blessings to their jamats.

-Blessing to all the volunteers who had worked so hard for the banners and the arches that were on the roads.

- talked about rejoicing and unity, and also blessing for the Ruhani.

2. -Talked about Bangladesh being small but still making progress which makes Imam very happy.

3. - Talked about how we are now living a competitive world and we should work hard and in unity.

- even though small jamat, make associations, and work together. Mowla said, “my jamat likes its independence”, but we should still try and work together. and also when entering into groups, we should plan our exit in such a way, that we can still be in a stable environment.

4. Din and Duniya live side by side. Take tasbhi, for a second, one second, two second, five minutes, but don’t let your day go by forgetting your faith.

5. Mowla thanked the Govt of Bangladesh for the warm welcome -- and the Govt of Bangladesh also issued stamps commemorating Golden Jubilee.

Mowla talked about unity again. and then after the Mehmani and Abe safa ceremony - Mowla mentioned about time and nazarna knowledge.
Blessings for those who have given both in material and time and knowledge nazarana.

Mowla then mentioned sharing knowledge with the jamat and with the institutions.

If there are differences, Mowla said, leave them aside, start again, and be united. It is “My Golden Jubilee”, He said, rejoice and be happy, enjoy dandia.

I remember Mowla specifically saying “I am happy when My children are together and I’m unhappy when they are not together.”

After the Farman, Mowla walked slowly on the runners again, lovingly showering His Rahemat on each side, and even looking up to those who were not at the runners.

and when Mowla came to the section where there were people on the strechers, Mowla went over and spent a few long minutes with a past leader who was in the streacher. Apparently it was this leader who had acquired the land in the Bashundara complex where the Ismaili Centre and the Aga Khan Academy is being built.

Mowla then walked towards the exit runner, and then turned around, paused and looked over to the entire Jamat and blessed each one again. It was apparent, Mowla did not want to leave -- I only wish the jamat would have receited “ aysa me jaan ti to, chalne naa deti piya...” I have a feeling, Mowla would have really come back to the Jamat.

It was quite hot that day, and as the volunteers made their way outside , it started to rain, and everyone one was in tears. It was the most unique moment. Tears in the rain!

Jamat was silent while Mowla was in the lounge area. After Mowla physically left the Darbar complex, Jamat exited the Darbar hall, as evening Jamat khane was going to be held in the darbar hall, shoes were not permitted in the darbar hall.

and then lunch was served. Rest for the afternoon.

After Jamati ceremonies in the evening, the volunteers gave “asmini “ to all the international/ and local jamati members, and then there was dinner and dandia. During dandia, it started to rain, but the young jamat, continued dandiaraas in the rain.

Golden Jubilee Mubarak to all!!
Last edited by Admin on Sat May 31, 2008 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Admin

Post by Admin »

THIS POST HAS BEEN MOVED By ADMIN FROM OTHER SECTION

PostPosted: 30 May 2008 11:27 am Post subject: Dhaka testimony

forwarded as received:

Arrived at Dhaka airport in the afternoon, after missing the air india flight and - (our plane parked next to Mowla’s plane and then when we entered the airport runway were greeted with the most gracious welcome the Golden Jubilee Banner at the aiport)

Right there and then, all the worries seemed to go out the window and just wanted to go to khane to say shukhar.

Mowla had already landed, and we rushed to the hotel, and went to khane, only to find out that dua was recited at 6:00, and we were in time for the dinner and dandia.

The Ismaili band had come especially for this Darbar from Pakistan. They played the best music ever. Jamat was in the most joyous mood I had ever seen.

There was an announcement in khane that Jamat was welcomed to line outside the next day, on the roads, where the canopies were set up, to welcome Mowla’s car for the opening of the Academy. Jamat was asked to be seated and were given Dhaka flags and My Flags.

At approximately 10:45 a.m., the motor entourage came in with the policemen on the motorbikes, followed by Mowla’s car. Mowla smiled and waved at the Jamat, but the car seemed to have gone too fast.

The Jamat was given snack pack of apple, crisps and abundant supply of water for the next 2 hours as the Jamat was eagerly waiting for the return of Mowla’s car. The moment arrived, and this time, Mowla’s car drove ever so slowly. Everyone that I talked to said they saw Mowla’s wave. Again shukhar for wave didar.

Went to khane in the evening, had dinner with the Jamat and there was a concert by Kamal Taj.

It was quite a unique experience seeing the jamati members from different parts of the world, all gathered under one huge canopy, enjoying and living Mowla’s historical milestones of the last 50 years.

Fresh sugar cane juice was being served to the Jamat.

Didn’t stay for dandia this time -- wanted to go to morning khane.

Also, there was an announcement in khane that the Jamat was welcome to come back to khane the next day, and gather in the canopies, for a similar motor welcome, as Mowla was coming back to the Bashundara complex for the foundation ceremony of the Ismaili Centre. Each head of the local jamati member was given one invitation card to be present during the ceremony and the rest of the family members were asked to be outside with the international jamat in the compound.

Sharply at 3:00, the motorcade drove into the complex, and Mowla waved at the eagerly waiting jamat. This time there were no flags given to the jamati members.

Again a second wave didar when Mowla left the complex. Shukar!

Evening Jamat khane was held at the Bashundara complex and there were no activities this evening, as the Golden Jubilee Darbar was going to be held the next day.

Baitul khayal khane was filled to the brim, and the jamati members started lining up at 6:00 a.m.

As usual security line-ups were bottlenecked.
Government Policemen were in charge of the scanners and the police women were checking the ladies hand bags.

Volunteers were told to be on duty by 4:30 a.m, and then everyone was whisked out at around 6:15 a.m only to go back inside for the duty after going thru the security check.

This is where most of the jamat was getting anxious, as were the volunteers who had not finished set ups, and vacuuming.

All in all, once the lines started moving, jamat settled in quickly.

The Darbar hall, was the most serene hall I had ever been too. Compared to the Darbar hall in Mumbai, Dhaka darbar hall was small. Even though I really liked the golden and white canopy of the Mumbai Darbar hall, the Dhaka Darbar hall was unique. There was something magical about the lights.

Mowla’s expected arrival time was around 11:00 a.m., and volunteers were asked to be seated and partake in the intezar program for the last 40 minutes, but Mowla came in early!

As the last item of the intezar program was the recital of the Quran ayat, it was announced that Mowla was 7 minutes away from the Darbar Hall. Volunteers were asked to take their seats wherever they were, and Mowla’s car entered the complex.

Jamat started reciting salwat, and then when Mowla entered the lounge, the jamat was asked to be in the “personal-silent intezar mode”, which I have now come to appreciate.

but then, jamat was asked to recite Ya aly khub majalas ginan that was going to be receited in front of Mowla, which the jamat eagerly did. Some seniors who were in the wheel chairs were being transferred to be near the entrance of the lounge, and within a few minutes, there was a silence and a divine wave of light entered the Darbar Hall. Salwats were recited with love and tears in everyone’s eyes as Mowla loving entered the darbar hall. Mowla walked ever so slowly, lovingly saying Khanavadan to each side of the runners.

There were no huge LCD’s only small screens, as Mowla could be seen from every where.

Slowly and ever so graciously Mowla made His way to the stage, and took His seat.

Lovingly, Mowla welcomed the Mukhi and the Kamadia to join Him which they did.

Mowla’s face was full of light and love as the verses of Ya Aly Khub majlas was being recited. He even nodded “Yes” as the verse “Shah Sultan Shah ke mukh me se nikla, Shah Karim Shah aaj.....”

After giving dua ashish to the reciters, Mowla rose to address the Jamat, and in one voice, the whole Jamat recited salwat.

As Mowla came to the microphone, it appeared as if the mikes were not working, so ever so lovingly as a parent caters to children, Mowla walked over to the mikes that the jamati members had just recited from, and tries to adjust them to bring them closer to Him. (but these mikes were not adjustable!) Both Mowla and the Jamat laughed. Mowla then walked back to His original mikes, and a young volunteer started to come closer to the stage, and Mowla says “This is the one not working” pointing to the small mike in the middle.

No one touched anything, and the microphones were now fine, and Mowla began His Golden Jubilee Farman.