Franšais  |  Mission  |  About us  |  Disclaimer  |  Contact  |  What's new  |  FAQ  |  Search  | 

Welcome to The Heritage Web Site

MY HERITAGE
New Heritage
Main Page
New Account
Set as Homepage
My Account
Logout
GOLDEN JUBILEE
Statistics
DIDARS
COMMUNICATE
Forums
Guestbook
Members List
Recommend Us
NEWS
Recent News
Timelines
Ismaili History
Today in History
LEARN
Library
Youth's Corner
Ginans
FAIR
FAIR-TV
Gallery
Photo Album
Others
Poll
Old or New Heritage Web Site?

· Old ismaili.net better
· New ismaili.net better
· No preference for me

Results | Polls

Votes: 559

www.ismaili.net :: View topic - Honey bees
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   
Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages

Honey bees

View previous topic :: View next topic  
star_munir

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 4:52 pm    Post subject: Honey bees Reply with quote

Do you know that Hazrat Ali is also called as Amir-u-lNahel which means Lord of honey bees.
Once in a war enemies decided that they will defeat army of Hazrat Ali by attack of honey bees. When they did so, honey bees started attacking and Hazrat Ali said what are you doing??Go away. All went away accept one big who want to see face of Mowla Ali [deedar]. Hazrat Ali than asked that honey bee you suck nectar from flwers, some are sour some are bitter than why honey from this nectar is sweet. Honey bee replied you know every thing why you are asking me. Hazrat Ali said Say in such a manner that every one here can listen it. Bee said we make it sweet by saying Ya Ali Ya Ali. It is in Surah Nehl of Quran that bees say name of Allah.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
shamsu

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 7:28 pm    Post subject: Bees are Ismailies Reply with quote

This story was related to me by Missionary Mohamedali Bhimani in Dallas.

Once Prince Aly Khan was visiting with a certain Jamat to do Jamati work as he used to do when Imam SMS was not keeping well. There was some commotion outside the Jamatkhana as there was a giant beehive right outside the Jamatkhana on its wall. Prince Aly Khan said that these are the ummat of my grandfather do not break this beehive.

Well the bees used to never sting the ismaili kids who would play with them. Many years later when the Jamat khana moved The moment the JK started at the new location, all the bees moved to the wall of the new Jamat khana and started on a new bee hive there.

thought you should know munir

Ya Aly Madad

Shams
View users profile Send private message
karimqazi

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 10:54 am    Post subject: About the the Bees Reply with quote

Ya Ali Madad, Shamu and Munir

I would like to share my knowledge about the bees. The bees moved from the old jamatkhana to the new jamatkhana. This happened in a village called methan the district was sidphur in gujurat where i was born. I used to play with those bees when i was four or five years old and recently about eight or ten years ago we built a new jamatkhana and all thode bees moved their hive there. You can see this even today in the jamatkhana of methan.

Karim Qazi
jasmine

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is really amazing.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw that beehive at old Jamatkhana in 1968 and again at new jamatkhana in 1992 when I visited that village as my forefather belongs to that village i,e Methan.the beehive is around one and half feet in diameter.
alinizar313

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
I saw that beehive at old Jamatkhana in 1968 and again at new jamatkhana in 1992 when I visited that village as my forefather belongs to that village i,e Methan.the beehive is around one and half feet in diameter.
alinizar313

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2004 7:08 pm    Post subject: Honey bee Reply with quote

The above post under guest is by me. I forgot to log in
from_Origin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 12:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Bees are Ismailies Reply with quote

shamsu wrote:

Prince Aly Khan said that these are the ummat of my grandfather do not break this beehive.

What is "ummat"?
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
kmaherali

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 3:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Bees are Ismailies Reply with quote

from_Origin wrote:

What is "ummat"?

Ummat means community.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ismaili.net Forum Index -> Anecdotes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: