Franšais  |  Mission  |  About us  |  Disclaimer  |  Contact  |  What's new  |  FAQ  |  Search  | 

Welcome to The Heritage Web Site

-->
MY HERITAGE
New Heritage
Main Page
New Account
Set as Homepage
My Account
Logout
GOLDEN JUBILEE
Statistics
DIDARS
COMMUNICATE
Forums
Guestbook
Members List
Recommend Us
NEWS
Timelines
Ismaili History
Today in History
LEARN
Library
Youth's Corner
Ginans
FAIR
Gallery
Photo Album
Others

www.ismaili.net :: View topic - Converting to Ismaili
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   
Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages

Converting to Ismaili

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ismaili.net Forum Index -> Customs and Traditions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mehek_Ali

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 3:37 am    Post subject: Converting to Ismaili Reply with quote

Ya Ali Madad,

My fiance is a Sunni Muslim and wants to convert to being an Ismaili. We would be residing in India. Could anyone help me to understand the time duration required for the conversion process and what procedures would be undertaken?

Thanks,
Mahek.
View users profile Send private message
AlwaizaRashida

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YAM Mehek
It will take at least 6 months,u r requested to approach Tariqah Board for india or mukhi saheb of your JK.Some training n documentations r required
Regards
rashida
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
rihana1

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:29 am    Post subject: Beautiful Sayings Reply with quote

Volume 1, Book 2, Number 7:
Narrated Ibn 'Umar:
Allah's Apostle said: Islam is based on (the following) five (principles):
1. To testify that none has the right to be worshipped but Allah and Muhammad is Allah's Apostle.
2. To offer the (compulsory congregational) prayers dutifully and perfectly.
3. To pay Zakat (i.e. obligatory charity) .
4. To perform Hajj. (i.e. Pilgrimage to Mecca)
5. To observe fast during the month of Ramadan.

Note from Admin:

These are the 5 Pillars. Ismailis follow 7 pillars and have their own esoteric interpretation whcih differs from the interpretation of the exoteric branches of Islam. There is already a discussion on the 7 pillars of Ismailism somewhere else in the Forum (just do a search)
sameermali80

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:56 am    Post subject: Re: Converting to Ismaili Reply with quote

Ya Ali Madad

My fiancee is a Hindu. she is a divorced and have a ten year old boy. she wants to convert to being an Ismaili. our religion can allow it to become ismaili and the boy will also be allowed to become ismailili ? If they can get permission to become ismaili. anyone help me to understand the time duration required for the conversion process and what procedures would be undertaken?

Thanks
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both mother and son will become Ismaili Inshallah. The process takes some time though. Contact the Ismaili ITREB office in your city, they will help you. You may find their phone in the yellow pages maybe try under Aga Khan Council....
NoorObeid

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:02 am    Post subject: Druze from Lebanon Reply with quote

Hello All,
So happy to meet you.
I am a Druze from Lebanon. Am I considered Ismaili?
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Druzes are Ismailis as they have a common belief with us in Imam Ismail.

Today we have the Imam Shah Karim al Husseini, Aga Khan IV which we follow as 49th Imam from the descendant of Hazrat Ali and as the same Light [Noor] as Mowlana Hakim bi Amr Allah.

We Nizari Ismaili, believe that Druzes are our brothers, they never followed a wrong Imam but they stopped at Mowlana Hakim while the Imamat [Noor] of Mowlana Hakim never stopped and continues today in Mowlana Shah Karim, the present Imam.
tereishqnachaya

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Druze from Lebanon Reply with quote

NoorObeid wrote:
Hello All,
So happy to meet you.
I am a Druze from Lebanon. Am I considered Ismaili?

The Druze descended from the Ismaili sect, but are certainly not Nizari Ismaili since you do not follow Aga Khan IV.
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are Nizari Ismailis
Mustalian Ismailis
Druze Ismailis.

They all have a comon belief in Imam Ismail, the son of Imam Jafar Sadiq from the progeny of Hazrat Ali and Bibi Fatima al-Zahra.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ismaili.net Forum Index -> Customs and Traditions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: