Français  |  Mission  |  About us  |  Disclaimer  |  Contact  |  What's new  |  FAQ  |  Search  | 

Welcome to The Heritage Web Site

MY HERITAGE
New Heritage
Main Page
New Account
Set as Homepage
My Account
Logout
GOLDEN JUBILEE
Statistics
DIDARS
COMMUNICATE
Forums
Guestbook
Members List
Recommend Us
NEWS
Recent News
Timelines
Ismaili History
Today in History
LEARN
Library
Youth's Corner
Ginans
FAIR
FAIR-TV
Gallery
Photo Album
Others
Poll
Old or New Heritage Web Site?

· Old ismaili.net better
· New ismaili.net better
· No preference for me

Results | Polls

Votes: 551

www.ismaili.net :: View topic - USA: Didar date, events and testimonies
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   
Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages

USA: Didar date, events and testimonies
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ismaili.net Forum Index -> Padhramnis, Mulaquats and Didar
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hari

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:50 pm    Post subject: USA: Didar date, events and testimonies Reply with quote

The USA Golden Jubilee committee convened in Houston, Texas on the weekend of March 7th in order to determine dates and locations...

Most sources contend that Didar in the States is to be scheduled between April 10-20 in Atlanta, Georgia, Houston, Texas and Los Angeles, California.

Other possible places that are under consideration include Chicago, Illinois and New York, New York.
View users profile Send private message
hari

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:22 am    Post subject: USA Didar Registration for Internationals Reply with quote

USA Didar registration for Internationals is to commence shortly.

Insha'Allah it will begin on Friday March 21 or shortly thereafter.
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As received

http://goldenjubileeusa.net/default.asp

http://goldenjubileeusa.net/padhramni/main.asp

The bottom of this site says:

Official site for Golden Jubilee events of His Highness Prince Aga Khan Shia Imami Ismaili Council for the United States of America.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
kmaherali

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am wondering whether the story below will effect the Deedar schedule.

There is a related multimedia linked at:

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/03/16/us/16atlanta.html?_r=1&th&emc=th&oref=login

March 16, 2008
Tornadoes Tear Through Downtown Atlanta
By SHAILA DEWAN and BRENDA GOODMAN

ATLANTA — A powerful tornado struck directly at the commercial center of downtown Atlanta on Friday night, blowing windows out of dozens of high-rise buildings, tossing trees and cars, and severely damaging many of the city’s landmarks, including the CNN Center, the Georgia Dome and the convention center.

At least 27 people were injured and taken to hospitals, said Capt. Bill May of the Atlanta Fire Rescue Department, most with cuts and bruises from flying debris.

No fatalities had been reported by Saturday morning, but crews were combing through a loft complex in the southeastern part of the city where officials said four floors had collapsed, making search and rescue operations difficult and dangerous.

Another wave of tornadoes and thunderstorms, striking Saturday afternoon, killed two people in northwest Georgia, state officials said, one in Polk County and another in Floyd County.

The severity of the Atlanta storm surprised forecasters, who broke into prime-time programming Friday around 9:40 p.m. to report that tornadoes could be heading for downtown. Thousands of people had gathered in the area for two basketball games and a dental convention.
sweetheena

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:43 am    Post subject: Re: USA: Didar date, events and testimonies Reply with quote

hari wrote:
The USA Golden Jubilee committee convened in Houston, Texas on the weekend of March 7th in order to determine dates and locations...

Most sources contend that Didar in the States is to be scheduled between April 10-20 in Atlanta, Georgia, Houston, Texas and Los Angeles, California.

Other possible places that are under consideration include Chicago, Illinois and New York, New York.

Hari, where have you heard the April 10-20 possible dates?
hari

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:00 pm    Post subject: sources... Reply with quote

Unfortunately i cannot give specific names but the aforementioned dates and locations are those around which most of the early planning was based. It is important to remember that until the locations and dates are officially released in jamatkhanas, all of the rumours should be taken lightly.

Logically speaking, Georgia and Texas have the largest populations and it would make perfect sense to schedule "visits" in these locations. Chicago however, is located closer to Toronto than any other major American Ismaili centre and since this Golden Jubilee visit is primarily for America, it would appear rather counterintuitive to situate one there.

The American Golden Jubilee committee is working closely in concert with Aiglemont and we should leave it up to them to make the best decision for our community - "husn al-zann" as they say...

Insh'Allah, we will know soon enough.
laexm95

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Hari,
As far as I know, it is solely up to mowla bapa to decide where he wants to go...there is no meeting or anyone with that power in Houston to decide where bapa will go...it is up to him. And just because Chicago is near Toronto doesn’t mean that everyone can just cross the border to visit hazar imam whenever he comes to Canada...doesn't work that way....you can’t just expect the whole jamat of the Midwest to travel. If bapa wants to come to Chicago, then I am sure he will! =]
And as you said, we will find out tomorrow!
youoaf

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:10 am    Post subject: Deedar Dates Reply with quote

Ya Ali Madad

lot of mubaraki to all the Jamat...the official LIF announcement:

MHI will be visiting USA from 11th April to 19th April 2008

Mubaraki to all!!
View users profile Send private message Send email
hari

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

laexm95 wrote:
Dear Hari,
As far as I know, it is solely up to mowla bapa to decide where he wants to go...there is no meeting or anyone with that power in Houston to decide where bapa will go...it is up to him. And just because Chicago is near Toronto doesn’t mean that everyone can just cross the border to visit hazar imam whenever he comes to Canada...doesn't work that way....you can’t just expect the whole jamat of the Midwest to travel. If bapa wants to come to Chicago, then I am sure he will! =]
And as you said, we will find out tomorrow!

Absolutely i agree that it is up to Hazir Imam to decide which centre He would like to visit; insh'Allah He will visit Chicago...
sweetheena

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:15 pm    Post subject: Dates Confirmed [?] Reply with quote

San Antonio - 4/13
L.A. - 4/15
Chicago - 4/16
Atlanta - 4/17

I don't think this one is a rumor. People in many different jamats around USA are receiving this information. To be confirmed tomorrow. I apologize if I mixed up some of the dates of the cities
teqcherry

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:11 pm    Post subject: Are you familiar with Los Angeles area..?? Reply with quote

Can you please tell me if there is a jamat khana in the LA area where there is also a train station close by. Also, do you know of any LA area jamat khanas where there are hotels / motels and train station close by. TY
ahsatan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why don&#39;t we get all the information together so people who have to travel to different states can make appropriate plans. What about the EVENT locations?! When do we find those out?! Close&nbsp; by hotels and all.<BR><BR>ahsatan
laexm95

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can go to the site that is posted by the admin above, it has detailed information on the hotels and venues for each of the darbaar site...from accommodation to the driving directions and various hot line numbers to assist you!
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darbar Locations
San Antonio, Texas, Sunday April 13, 2008
Los Angeles, California, Tuesday April 15, 2008
Chicago, Illinois, Wednesday April 16, 2008
Atlanta, Georgia, Thursday April 17, 2008

Golden Jubilee USA Website Address: www.goldenjubileeusa.org
Phone: 1 800 605 4989
laexm95

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 3:58 am    Post subject: International Registration! Reply with quote

VERY IMPORTANT!
For those who don't know, registration for San Antonio and Atlanta is full. the website is not taking any more forms for those venues. Only Chicago and Los Angeles are accepting further guests from other countries.
so please plan accordingly!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ismaili.net Forum Index -> Padhramnis, Mulaquats and Didar All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: