DUBAI Darbar, dates, events and testimonies

Dates, testimonies, articles, descriptions
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

yasminshams

to all murids

Post by yasminshams »

<P>BRAVO,BRAVO,BRAVO.DUBAI JAMAT,COUNCIL AND OTHER VOLUNTEERS.<BR>DEAR ISMAILI BROTHERS AND SISTER.<BR>MURIDS OF MOWLA.<BR>I WOULD LIKE TO TELL YOU THAT CURRENT DEEDAR WAS A STANDARD WITHING IT SELF. KNOWING THAT THE DUBAI JAMAT IS OF A SMALL PROPORTION. BUT THERE WAS NO SHORTAGE OF HEAR,VOULENTEERS,KHIDMATGARS WHO ORGANIZED THIS PADRAMRI WITH ZEST AND ZEAL. FOOD , SANITATION,SHOES,WATER,SEATING ARRANGEMENT. <BR>STAGE,CARPETS, PROGRAM OF ABIDA PARVEEN WHO REALLY SHOWED THE LOVE OF MOWLA THROUGH HER SUFI SONGS AND OUR GINAN.<BR>I LIKE TO SAY THAT ANY WHERE IN THE WORLD DEEDAR HAPPENS COUNCILS SHOULD TAKE LESSON FROM THE RECENT DEEDARS,AFRICA AND DUBAI. <BR>I ALSO LIKE TO MAKE SPECIAL THANKS TO TRANSPORT COMMITTEE DESPITE THE SHORT COMINGS THERE WAS NO SHORTAGE OF FACILITES. WE WERE VERY HAPPY TO SEE THAT THIS KIND OF ISMAILIS FROM 50 COUNTRIES WERE THERE FOR DEEDAR.<BR>WELL I WILL SURELY NEVER FORGET THIS EXPERIENCE IN MY LIFE TIME . MY FAMILY WAS EXPERIENCING THIS INTERNATIONAL LEVEL DEEDAR FOR THE FIRST TIME.<BR>ALL HOTELS WERE BOOKED ,TAXIS WERE NOT AVAILABLE, EVERY SHOP IN DUBAI HAD AT LEAST o&shy;nE ISMAILI FAMILY THERE TO LOOKOR BUY.<BR>THAT IS WHAT I CALL ISMAILI POWER.<BR>YAM TO ALL <BR>MUBARAKHI TO ALL<BR>SHAMS NANJI.<BR>KARACHI,<BR>PAKISTAN.<BR>shamsnanji@yahoo.com</P>
xaf

THE PASSION WAS MISSING!

Post by xaf »

It really and truly saddens me to state that there was really not much difference between the Darbar held in Dubai on December 13, 2003 and Golden Jubilee Darbar of March 25, 2008.
We must remind ourselves that the Golden Jubilee of our Beloved Imam is a unique, exciting and exhilarating occasion, that is granted to the fortunate, ONCE IN A LIFETIME! Sure, the Jamat was treated to the very costly Abda Parveen and other enjoyments. But amidst all our personal celebrations we must not forget our foremost duty to ensure that on such an occasion our Beloved Imam must be received with pomp, style and splendour, and throughout the Padhramni Mubarak, from the very beginning to the end, Our Beloved Imam must feel, at every moment, the passion and the overflowing happiness as well as the Glory of this unique occasion.
During His Golden Jubilee, Mowlana Sultan Mohamed Shah was weighed in gold!! Surely it is not too much to ask for our Beloved Hazar Imam to atleast be welcomed at the airport and outside the Darbar with Bands, Guards of Honour, Dancers and Streets lined with Jamat waving flags, their faces overflowing with happiness? All of these were missing in Dubai. The majority of Mowla's programme was kept hush-hush, and his arrival and departure from the country and from the Darbar were kept completely low key. This was indeed disappointing. It did not feel like the Golden Jubilee at all, but just a Padhramni Mubarak, like in the past.
Security, and all other issues, could have been overcome on this very special occasion by our leaders, had they really understood the significance of this occasion. No wonder then that there was a world of difference in Mowla's outward happiness between His Darbars in Africa and the Darbar in Dubai.
I beg and I plead with all the Jamats who are as yet to celebrate this occasion with our Beloved Mowla to PLEASE ensure that His visit has an extra level of Grandeur, and that the jamat is involved in His programme as much as possible, not just restricted to the Darbar hall. After all nothing will give Mowla more happiness during His Golden Jubilee than to see His jamat everywhere He goes, smiling and welcoming Him. In general, we do need to learn a lesson or two from the Hindus. Just imagine if the Hindus were aware of Mowla's true identity, and were given the chance to celebrate His Golden Jubilee, what would they not do? Have you seen how they celebrate Diwali, Holi, Janmashthami, etc? We are the chosen, lucky ones to have been granted this invaluable opportunity. So why hide our love and passion behind a enforced cloak of feigned decorum?! Why make such an occasion so lack-luster in warmth and excitement for our Mowla? Why does He have to ask if we were going to rejoice or not? Our happiness, love, excitement and pleasure should be so evident that the Imam should feel like sitting in the Darbar for hours. All this is entirely possible and should be implemented. Surely He deserves it!