On Drinking

Current issues, news and ethics
alnoordodhia

Drinking not good.....

Post by alnoordodhia »

As we all know drinking in Muslim is haram....but what drinking socially or business meeting is it ok???....just a thought our IMAM is great business man and personality he is attending so many fucntions/conferences/meeting and we all know there is drink in almost all business conference.....so do you think IMAM must not be drinking???? or he must be drinking???.....whatever the answer is i still believe in him...
star_munir

Post by star_munir »

Drinking wine or any alcoholic drink is not allowed whether its for business or conference. Not even consuming, but even selling or giving it to some one is considered as very bad act. With regards to Imam, He does not take drinks.
alnoordodhia

reply to star_munir

Post by alnoordodhia »

ya ali madad...dear i still did not get clear answer.....people usually drink in conferences....and drinking means they do not hang over or sumthng...they just have 1/2 peg with business associate....IMAM attend so many business/conference with all kinds of people....
ShamsB

Re: reply to star_munir

Post by ShamsB »

alnoordodhia wrote:ya ali madad...dear i still did not get clear answer.....people usually drink in conferences....and drinking means they do not hang over or sumthng...they just have 1/2 peg with business associate....IMAM attend so many business/conference with all kinds of people....
IMAM wears shoes inside Jamat Khana - when you can do that - you can do everything that the Imam can.

Read Lisbon Farman of 1984, there is an interview which talks about alcohol being damaging to the brain even in small quantities.

Suppose you are at a business meeting and they talk about swapping partners or swinging..or they talk about mass suicide..or they talk about indulging in bestiality - using your reasoning - it should be okay to do all of those things - since those are things that your business associates are doing.
Or your work colleagues are eating pepperoni pizzas - will you eat with them?
your faith is an intergral part of your daily life - din and duniya are intertwined - one can not separate them - one cannot compromise on them.
My work colleagues and clients and vendors all know I am a muslim and do not drink, smoke or eat pork and they respect me even more for that and for being steadfast in that. They make accommodations for me and I accommodate them without compromising my faith - when we go to a business lunch or dinner - I order separately - it is okay if they order alcohol - i just don't indulge in it..

In closing at the Seerat Conference Speech of Karachi, 1967 - Hazar Imam said:

"I have observed in the Western world a deeply changing pattern of human relations. The anchors of moral behaviour appear to have dragged to such depths that they no longer hold firm the ship of life. What was once wrong is now simply unconventional, and for the sake of individual freedom must be tolerated. What is tolerated soon becomes accepted. Contrarily, what was once right is now viewed as outdated, old-fashioned and is often the target of ridicule."

Shams.
agakhani

Post by agakhani »

Imam doesn't drink, not even in any conference.