ismailis of Najran, SAU

Ismaili monuments, places to visit etc..
sisachica

ismailis of Najran, SAU

Post by sisachica »

salam aleikom wr wb..
i know nothing about ismailis at all... :( but im trying to find out as much as i can...i dont even know if there is any difference between the ismailis from najran or any areas of the world...can anyone help me??
aziza
Virgo2

Post by Virgo2 »

Ismailis are followers of Imam Ismail, S.A.W., the elder son of Imam Jafar As-Sadiq S.A.W.

Within Ismailis there was a split after the 18th Imam, Imam Mustansirbillah. Nizari Ismailis are the followers of the elder son of 18th Imam, Imam Shah Nizar. Their line of Imamat has continued and their present Imam is Shah Karim Al-Husseini (49th Imam)

Mustalian Ismailis are the followers of the younger son of Imam Mustansirbillah i.e. Mustali.

Mustalian Ismailis are also known as Tayebis who was their last Imam. He went into seclusion at the age of 2 or 3years. They then followed Dais, who claim to be in contact with their Imam, a descendant of Tayeb. Within the Tayebis there has been several splits, the major ones being followers of Dai Sulayman and Dai Dawood.

Ismailis in Najaran are followers of Sulayman, and they are known as Sulaymani bohoras. Their leader resides in Najaran. They are also found on the border between Saudi Arabia and Yemen. They are often persecuted by the Saudis who do not agree with their teachings. There are a few Sulaymani bohoras in India also.

Dawoodi Bohoras are found in Yemen and India and their leader resides in India.

Up until recently bohoras did not like to be identified as Ismailis, but their current leader insists that they are true Ismailis.
sisachica

Post by sisachica »

jazzak allah kheir for ur reply..

and who is their current leader?
Virgo2

Post by Virgo2 »

I don't know who the leader of Sulaymani Bohoras is in Najran. One dai passed away about 3 years ago. He appointed one of his sons.

Dawood bohoras' dai is Syedna Mohammed Burhanuddin.

Hope this helps.

Virgo2