US (Midwestern) Darbar Registration

Dates, testimonies, articles, descriptions
unnalhaq

US (Midwestern) Darbar Registration

Post by unnalhaq »

The registration is to begin Jan 6th through mid to late Feb 2008; for late April-May Program.

Sorry I have been busy for last year and a half just blew in to town last night. 8)
ShamsB

Post by ShamsB »

unnal Haq,

can you email me please? need some info.

thanks

shamsb
unnalhaq

Post by unnalhaq »

ShamsB, Sorry man I couldn't find your email addr. If you like you can email me. (email address removed).
Last edited by unnalhaq on Sun Dec 16, 2007 6:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Virgo2

Post by Virgo2 »

It was announced in Houston JK yesterday that starting 6 December there will be registration and some time later registration for foreign jamats.
However, I do not think that Deedar will be soon after. Remember UK started registration in September or October.

I think this is because they want to know how many people are going to be where. They probably want to make arrangements for the Hall and other facilities.

Virgo2
unnalhaq

Post by unnalhaq »

Virgo2 wrote:It was announced in Houston JK yesterday that starting 6 December there will be registration and some time later registration for foreign jamats.
I think you meant Jan 6, 2008. Because yesterday (of Dec 15) would be well past the Dec 6th :wink:
ONiazi

Post by ONiazi »

Ya Ali madad!

I know this may sound strange, but can a non-Ismaili attend such a didar?

Thank you!

Mowla hafizakum,
ON
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

ONiazi wrote:Ya Ali madad!

I know this may sound strange, but can a non-Ismaili attend such a didar?

Thank you!

Mowla hafizakum,
ON
Ya Ali Madad,

It is not a strange question and indeed quite pertinent to the discussion.

Our faith is an esoteric one in essence in the context of a personal bond between a murid and the Murshid. This necessarily would entail a different approach MHI would take with his murids on the one hand and the non-murids on the other. The Zaheri deedars are moments of that intimacy between MHI and his murids. The presence of non-murids would violate that intimacy and sometimes may even lead to misunderstanding of the context.
ibudhani

US ismaili trying to register for deedar

Post by ibudhani »

YAM,<BR>Need some info. Need to register for deedar but do not have a JK nearby. Closest o&shy;ne is 5.5 hrs away. Have family in a city that&nbsp; is 7.5 hrs away. Family member tried to submit my registration form but were told it could not be accepted as I was not there in person + the closest JK&nbsp; to me is elsewhere. What do I do now? There must be another way. Please enlighten!!
Virgo2

Post by Virgo2 »

Sorry to hear your plight Mr. Budhani. You have to be persistent. My JK is distance away and I go there regularly on Fridays and weekends. My brother lives close to two JKs but he does not go to JK. He asked me to register him and my Jamati members refused. He does not even live in our region. We have an Angel of a Mukhi. I explained to him the problem. I even told him that my brother said he would stand outside when Imam arrives but he will not go to register. The only time he will go close to congregation is when Imam comes for deedar.

My Mukhi assured me that there would not be problem for me to register him and that I would need a copy of his Driver's license when I pick up his card (he refused to pick up his card too). My Mukhi spoke with the registration committee and I signed up my brother.

So, there are ways. You have to speak with somebody or contact the Tariqah Board. I am sure they would be glad to accommodate you.

Virgo2
unnalhaq

Re: US ismaili trying to register for deedar

Post by unnalhaq »

ibudhani wrote:YAM,<BR>Need some info. Need to register for deedar but do not have a JK nearby. Closest o&shy;ne is 5.5 hrs away. Have family in a city that&nbsp; is 7.5 hrs away. Family member tried to submit my registration form but were told it could not be accepted as I was not there in person + the closest JK&nbsp; to me is elsewhere. What do I do now? There must be another way. Please enlighten!!
I think the registration ended last night or may be tonight is the last night for it. But not to worry :wink:
Virgo2 is correct: "You have to be persistent."
drop me a line and who knows...Email addr removed.
just a reminder I have be very busy recently [for last 3 years] but I do try my best to reply back.
Last edited by unnalhaq on Sun Mar 02, 2008 5:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
ibudhani

Post by ibudhani »

<P>3 different family members&nbsp;tried to register me for deedar prior to expiration of the deadline. All were turned away.&nbsp;Was told to call the 1800 number (padhramni hotline)which was eventually picked up by a very&nbsp;friendly volunteer. The option menu for this hotline is the most useless thing I have come across in recent times though. This is what I learnt:<BR>1) Registration was closed now but would likely open again after the dates were announced. I will still be required to show up in person if I want to register and pick up the cards. This I think is a big pain and totally inconvenient for people who live >5hrs away from the closest JK. There has to be a better way to do this in this era of hi technology&nbsp;&nbsp;and electronics. <BR>2) I could not register as an extra name o&shy;n my family's form despite the fact that I am in "educational training". This is because the family is not my immediate o&shy;ne but rather uncles and aunts. This makes sense most of the time but there have to be exceptions to the rule.<BR>3) The most important information: Registration will be taking place outside the deedar halls o&shy;n the day of deedar itself for the procrastinators and for people like myself. Of course long lines are expected, hall capacities&nbsp;will be stretched&nbsp;and confusion and inconvenience are likely to reign leading to the possibility of you missing deedar despite being present&nbsp;outside the hall as directed by your friendly volunteer o&shy;n the "padhramni" hotline.<BR><BR></P>[/u]
Virgo2

Post by Virgo2 »

You are right, registration will be open until the deedar time. May be there will not be such a big crowd because most of the people will have registered. Also, who knows, before deedar they will have another set of registration. They just don't want to be faced with the last minute confusion, during which time even non-Ismailis slip through.

What they are doing is for our own good. Write to the Tariqah Board or call them. They will help you out. Good luck.

Where are you located? Are you in the North, East, West, south? I am sure there are jamati elders on this site who might be able to help you once they know where you are.

Virgo2
ibudhani

Post by ibudhani »

I am located in the midwest. In Cincinnati to be more precise.<BR>I understand the part about the need for registration and for verification of "Ismailihood", I am however very sure that we can organise this better.<BR>Ismailis in general&nbsp;have a proud tradition of thorough planning, effective organization and perfect execution in all large jamati endevours. A large and resourceful jamat such as ourselves should be able to make this registration process a little less painful and bit more organized.<BR>It is becoming a sad refrain that the Canadian Jamat is much better organised at such events than the US jamat. We may be able to learn a thing or two from them to improve ourselves.<BR>
unnalhaq

Post by unnalhaq »

ibudhani wrote:I am located in the midwest. In Cincinnati to be more precise.
So is it Skyline or GoldStar for you?
ibudhani

Post by ibudhani »

Goldstar rulz:)
Virgo2

Post by Virgo2 »

Dear brother,

It is true that Canadians are more organised than Americans (Jamat wise).

I suggest you write to our Tariqah Board, or Council in Houston to help you. I am sure they will understand your situtation and hopefully they will be more accommodating. I am sure they too do not want a last minute rush for registration.

Virgo2
unnalhaq

Post by unnalhaq »

ibudhani wrote:Goldstar rulz:)
That's awesome!
I know there was a talk about moving JK to Cincy from Columbus.
ibudhani

Post by ibudhani »

Columbus has a JK???? I know there was an ismaili center which has since been closed for some time.
Khaliya

Announcement in Los Angeles

Post by Khaliya »

Ya Ali Madad everyone,

I know that this is sensitive information but I wanted to relay it as it comes.
It is just after 9:00 AM on Saturday the 8th of March and we received a call from a Jamati leader that deedar for the United States will be announced in a Taliqah from our beloved Hazir Imam tonight. Accordingly, the deedar is scheduled to be held in the month of April (apparently no exact dates or cities have been disclosed).

So I wanted to wish all my brothers and sisters Deedar Mubaraki. Tonight in Jamat Khana when we inshahallah hear the taliqah for sure, I will let you know.

Thank You and Mubaraki

-"Khaliya"

Los Angeles
shirindudhwala

Deedar Registration

Post by shirindudhwala »

Could anyone please inform the website or phone number to register for Deedar at Houston.
Virgo2

Post by Virgo2 »

You have to register in the JK that you attend.

Virgo2
shirindudhwala

Post by shirindudhwala »

Thank you for the information Virgo. But I do not reside in Canada and hence request information as to how to register from here.
Virgo2

Post by Virgo2 »

Wherever you are, you have to register with your JK. Now, if you are in the U.S. and you want to go to Dubai, then you have to pursue this with Dubai Jamat. If you are in the U.S. and not in Canada and want to attend deedar in the U.S. you have to register with the JK in the U.S. you attend.

I hope this helps.
unnalhaq

Post by unnalhaq »

ibudhani wrote:Columbus has a JK???? I know there was an ismaili center which has since been closed for some time.
Tomato Tomaato. *Please no need for explanation. I know.

Yes there was small suite of office rooms few years back and there were fewer than 20 people there. There were two Ugandan families that were planning to move to Cincy and I think another family was from Dayton and it did not matter to them if JK was to move to Cincy

I wonder if anyone googled skyline or goldstar :wink:
unnalhaq

Post by unnalhaq »

Hear as the Imam Lands at Austin and San An:
http://audio.liveatc.net:8012/kaus.m3u
Listen for craft LX-*AK (LX-ZAK or LX-PAK)